Start by marking “How to Style Your Brand: Everything You Need to Know to Create a Distinctive Brand Identity” as Want to Read:

The right brand identity has the power to attract, engage and compel people to do business with you. But for many entrepreneurs, creating an effective brand can be a challenge.

Whether you're a start-up on a lemonade budget, or a seasoned entrepreneur planning on working with a professional, an understanding of the process is essential.

In this comprehensive workbook, F

Published August 15th 2015 by Copper Beech Press (first published May 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about How to Style Your Brand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Style Your Brand

Start your review of How to Style Your Brand: Everything You Need to Know to Create a Distinctive Brand Identity
Shog Al Maskery
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great easy to read book for beginners in branding and design.
Ahmad Badghaish
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well organized book. Sometimes I thought it was too shallow, but I think it’s a good introduction to the field.
Alex Truta
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: purchased
4.5 out of 5 stars? That must be a joke.

As a newly graduated Graphic Design student with a focus on Branding and Visual Identity, I find this book EXTREMELY basic, so I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone pursuing a career in Branding.

I feel that the target audience this book is trying to reach is blogging teenage girls (not literally, but feels like it), so I see it best suited and actually informative for people that had no idea about what Visual Identity is and how to approach the subject in orde
Zia Eubanks
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Fiona really has the ability to guide the reader in a way that gets to the real core of your brand. Her book helped me so much in designing my new website and online platform. I have a new confidence and foundation that I didn't have before. She also has some wonderful downloads on her website.
Felicidad
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very useful and practical tips , and very easy to understand.
Mòrag
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arketing
This is a hard review to write, as I think I might have just not been the intended audience but I'm doing it anyway....

It was very basic and isn't aimed towards people who have the basics of design down. As a marketer, it is VERY important that I know enough about design so I can work with the design team to create something that is aesthetically pleasing but also gets the message across. So if you're new to the marketing game I'd recommend this book.

BUT, the designs and examples are very Pinte
Layan Ibrahim
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
مثل أي كتاب يتحدث عن البراند والتصميم
هذا الكتاب ليس للمصممين أو المسوقين فقط، الكتاب لكل شخص يملك مشروع تجاري يريد العمل مع مصمم أو يفضل يصمم الهوية بنفسه.

إذا كنت تعمل في مجال التصميم وعندك معلومات أساسية عن المجال، هذا الكتاب غير موجه لك.

لإنه يحتوي على معلومات سطحية عن البراند وتصميم الهوية، أعتقد أنها غير كافية أو انها محصورة على أنواع معينة من المشاريع مثل تصميم وتنسيق منشورات انستقرام.
أو هوية بلوق.

بشكل عام أسلوب الكتاب يشبه پينترست ستايل، الصور والأمثلة ،ممل نوعاً ما والأمثله متشابهه ومكرره.
Eswar
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brand design guide for novices and serial designer alike.

Inspired me to search the world to find elements for my brands.

I look forward to revisiting the book over and over again.

Humberstone writes with elegance and flair, imagery flows through her prose. Her font descriptions were helpful in associating categories with seasons; I would like to have seen samples of font types next to their descriptions.
Athaleid
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I do not have a brand to style and read the book simply because it looked interesting and promised to provide new information, ideas and resources.

It did not dissapoint - it delivered all that in a concise, well-structured manner, covering what I would imagine are the basics of styling a brand, while asking a lot of (relevant) questions and offering guidance.
Julija
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is an easy to read set of ground rules for beginners in brand creation and small business owners. It helps you to create very first steps in your brand identity and provides the main idea how to start, get inspiration. The variety of examples could be wider.
Maggie
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: small-business
Pretty basic design information if you're looking to do your own logo and create a brand identity. Beautiful photos and examples but was looking for something a little more in depth.
Lori Fortini
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you only get one book on branding - this is the one!
Shirley Houston
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very insightful & helpful! ...more
Virginie
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loooooove it !
My favorite brand styling book so far !
Fiona
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really supported the rebrand of my business.
Susu
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful illustrations.
Elaine (Leng)
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Amazing resource! Very educational and inspirational! So glad I bought this.
Susan
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant for small bix owners and bloggers
Sally Akins
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of my goals this year was to increase the number of non-fiction books I read. And I particularly wanted to read books that will help me improve my blog. When I bought Capture Your Style, this book showed up in the recommended items below it.

How to Style your Brand takes you step by step through the branding process. From mood boards and the psychology of colour, to fonts and illustrations, each step is carefully broken down and explained. It’s a very useful book, whether you are developing y
Rachel Martin
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Covering everything from brand colors and font, to voice and website design, How to Style Your Brand is a great introduction to the branding process. Although the book is just skimming the base level of the branding process, Fiona does do a wonderful job explaining the process from start to finish and gives you a few homework assignments along the way, which I loved. If you’re new to branding, this is an excellent read!
Sophie
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
really helpful for anyone looking to stand or update a brand, I loved the images and the use to seasons to define your brands... must have for beginners.
Jennie Walker
Feb 09, 2017
Anta
Sep 11, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Hashtag Authentic: Be your best creative self via your Instagram online presence
  • Capture Your Style: Transform Your Instagram Photos, Showcase Your Life, and Build the Ultimate Platform
  • Little Black Book: A Toolkit for Working Women
  • Waking the Witch: Reflections on Women, Magic, and Power
  • The Vanishing Half
  • In Progress: See Inside a Lettering Artist's Sketchbook and Process, from Pencil to Vector (Hand Lettering Books, Learn to Draw Books, Calligraphy Workbook for Beginners)
  • Thriving in Sex Work Workbook
  • Emily Post's Etiquette
  • Morning, Noon, Night: A Way of Living
  • Eat, Drink, Nap: Bringing the House Home
  • Debrett's Handbook
  • Playing Big: Find Your Voice, Your Mission, Your Message
  • Know Your Onions: Graphic Design
  • Greater: Dream Bigger. Start Smaller. Ignite God's Vision for Your Life.
  • The Perfect Date
  • The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith
  • Expectation
  • Meghan: The Life and Style of a Modern Royal: Feminist, Influencer, Humanitarian, Duchess

News & Interviews