Start by marking “Teatime in Paris: A Walk Through Easy French Patisserie Recipes” as Want to Read:
Teatime in Paris: A Walk Through Easy French Patisserie Recipes

Teatime in Paris: A Walk Through Easy French Patisserie Recipes

Get cracking the eggs as Jill Colonna shows you the easy way to make the Parisians' favourite afternoon treats: éclairs, cream puffs, tartlets, millefeuilles, and macarons, and guides you to many of Paris's best patisseries and tea salons.

Join in Jill's enthusiasm and skills learned from the French over her 23 years in Paris to help you master pâtisserie easily at home.
Published May 7th 2015 by Waverley Books

To ask other readers questions about Teatime in Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teatime in Paris

Start your review of Teatime in Paris: A Walk Through Easy French Patisserie Recipes
Roya
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Roya by: Negin
Shelves: good
I first visited Paris in 2011. At the time I found it overpeopled and overpriced. In other words, overrated. We're going to France in May and I feel far more optimistic this time. I think planning has a lot to do with it. We'll mainly be situated in the south, but will finish with the City of Lights. Paris has a seemingly endless amount of things to do, so finding them is like a treasure hunt of sorts. Being a foodie, the patisseries are perhaps what I'm most looking forward to.

Years ago, I read
Negin
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paris lovers and those who love to bake
This is a beautiful cookbook with a variety of recipes for teatime pastries. I didn’t know about the teatime custom in France until I read this book. There are all sorts of recipes – some of which look quite daunting to say the least, but I may give even those ones a try. I’d like to try out most of the recipes, which seem quite clear and are full of helpful photos.

This book is also fun in that it’s a bit of a travel book – a sort of walking tour of some wonderful looking patisseries in Paris.
Jacqueline
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food, france, paris
When I received my copy the first thing I did was to have a good look at the pictures, as a recipe book can be so much more with great pictures. This book not only has beautiful hand drawn illustrations but stunning photography too, of Paris and of the patisseries Jill assures the reader are easy peasy to make. I decided the best test of this book would be to choose to make something I’ve never attempted before. The first hurdle to jump was an attitude one as I am a lazy baker. I don’t like time ...more
Nicola
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Featuring over 50 very sumptuous-looking cakes and pastries, this new book is a feast for the eyes. As one who falls shy of tackling anything more ambitious than the occasional crêpe of a Sunday morning, just the mention of homemade chocolate éclairs and choux pastry, millefeuilles and (Heaven forbid the very idea) the unthinkably tricky macarons, leaves me in awe of anyone attempting such feats chez soi. The whole premise of Jill’s book is that it is possible to demystify the myths and take the ...more
Stephanie
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love the colour and the feel of this book. It’s bright, colourful and makes me think of spring and flowers. I guess this is what Spring in Paris feels like?

I also love the idea and philosophy behind this book – Jill’s goal is to make Parisian pastries accessible to any home cook and she introduces the reader to some of her favourite pastries and sweets in a ‘walking tour’ of Paris patisseries.

As with many baking cookbooks, this one has a section at the start that outlines some baking tips and
Teresa McCarthy
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you thought you could never make pastries at home that are as beautiful as bakery goods, this is the book that will change your mind. Gorgeous photos, step-by-step instructions, and advice to guide you if you should ever find yourself in Paris at teatime.

Here's a link to my review: http://onewetfoot.ca/2015/06/04/sprin...
Anne Penketh
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This delightful book is full of anecdotes and appetising photographs accompanying the recipes which are easy to follow and the results are absolutely delicious. It's the perfect gift
Betsy
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food, francophilia
I love tea and I love Paris. It wasn’t until I started reading through the new book “Teatime in Paris!” by Jill Colonna that I was introduced to the teatime custom in France. I knew about British teatime, but I have always thought of France as a coffee drinking nation, never realizing their culture included a time and place for tea. In France, this late afternoon treat is known as le goûter.

On the one hand, “Teatime in Paris” is a cookbook that offers recipes for an assortment of Parisian
Geni Mermoud
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book!!! It is both fun and useful. I was drawn in by the cover that is so snappy. Even the font is fun.

The book is a combination of recipes, food photos, illustrations, history of Paris, tips for visiting Paris and a bit of humor. I'd never made mille feuille before I read Jill's cookbook. She explained it in a way that I figured I could make it and voila! it turned out perfectly.

I keep this book and Jill's other book, Mad About Macarons, on my coffee table all the time because I
Susan
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Because I really like reading about french pastries in their natural habitat.
Pinky
Coleen
Samantha Gunning
Jennifer beck
Jun 13, 2015
A Scot in Paris since 1993; food and travel writer.
Author of recipe books, "Mad About Macarons", demystifying how to make these delicious gluten-free delicacies successfully at home, and the latest "Teatime in Paris" (both published by Waverley Books, UK) – full of straight-forward recipes of Paris’s best-loved teatime pastries and macarons, with baking tips, sweet historical gems, plus a guide to