Start by marking “I'll Be Home for Christmas (Twilight, Texas, #6)” as Want to Read:
I'll Be Home for Christmas (Twilight, Texas, #6)

I'll Be Home for Christmas

(Twilight, Texas #6)

...And who happens to be staying at his sister's place over the holidays, while Joe's siste
Published October 27th 2015 by Avon

Start your review of I'll Be Home for Christmas (Twilight, Texas, #6)
Carole (Carole's Random Life)

This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

This is one of those books that seemed to get better the more that I read. I have to admit that I was not immediately hooked but the more I read the more invested in the story I became. This is the seventh book in the Twilight, Texas series but it works well as a stand alone novel. I haven't read any of the preceding books in this series and didn't have any difficulties following the story.

This book takes the overall premise of the plot from
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review

This was such a charming Holiday themed story. What we have here is a bit of "exchanged student" theme...kinda. Two friends that meet through pinterest of all places, keep contact with each other through email. Our heroine wants a taste of Christmas which she has never had Her younger brother died when she was young on Christmas and ever since her parents have avoided celebrating it. But Gabi Preston wants everything that comes with the
Sarah (needs a break from reviewing)
16/12 - SO FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A near-perfect romance, a perfect Christmas-themed book, set in a perfect little town that celebrates Christmas to the max. This is easily the best book I've read since October, possibly all year (I can't actually remember a book I loved as much as this, this year, but it couldn't have been read any more recently than October because nothing got above a four in November). 90% of my love for this book is attached to the tow
MelissaB
** 3.5 stars **

A little too sweet at times but still a decent Christmas romance
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1Ny854r

Lori Wilde has been on my Author TBR pile for ages and, oh, I've been missing out! I'll Be Home for Christmas was lovely. Simply lovely. A beautiful romance, characters you can't help but love and root for, a spirited town full of heart and warmth. I laughed, I smiled, I finished the book reading blurry words from all the feels and tears. Everything a Christmas romance should be.

Alright, so the quick of it is that Gabi needs
Susan
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book with a sweet romance and characters with real world problems. Gabi is running away from her old life by switching homes with an online friend. After years of living up to her parents' expectations, she has realized that she isn't happy, so she quits law school and comes to Twilight to find out who she really is. There she meets Joe, her friend's brother, a good looking guy who she is immediately attracted to.

Joe is the family rolling stone. Diagnosed with ADHD as a kid, even now he fin
Jo
Dec 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: gr2015

A very sweet holiday romance.

Gabi has just dropped out of law school after a disastrous mock trial, and decided to escape her life for Christmas and swap lives with a woman she met on Pinterest. Twilight looks just like the little town in the snow globe her brother gave her before he died.

Joe is a wanderer at heart, believing himself unable to settle down, but he loves his family and his grandfather’s Christmas tree farm, and he’s helping out at the farm after his grandfather had a stroke.

I r

Books Just 4 Me
Gabi switched homes and lives for three weeks in December with a friend she met online. She needed space to figure out her own dreams and life goals. She craved a holiday filled with all the traditional ideas of Christmas since that wasn’t how she was raised. Twilight, Texas is just the place for this since they’re famous for its annual Christmas celebrations. Gabi gets her wish of a Christmas extravaganza and an added bonus of a whirlwind romance with her friend’s brother Joe.

Their romance was
Isha Coleman
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll Be Home for Christmas made me feel sentimental. Lori Wilde has a way of bringing her readers into the story. Although emotions play a large part in her stories, each read has it's own personal message. The message of this read is family is important but love is key to happiness and stability. I'll Be Home for Christmas is an ideal edition to Ms. Wilde's Twilight series. The perfect gift to the one's we love. I really loved this story. Joe's determination to prove Gabi that in him she has fo ...more
Shari
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Christmas story that you will not be able to put down. Shows how important family and friends are in the holiday season. I have always loved visiting Twilight and this is no exception.

Gabi, a lost soul has come to Twilight for three weeks to have the perfect holiday season. She did not except to find her true love, Joe. Joe is running his grandfather's Christmas tree lot, he welcomes Gabi into his world. Even that is not perfect when his exwife and daughter show up expectantly.

Loved all of
Yvonne Cruz
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We are back in Twilight, TX. The quaint and friendly town that seems to heal the body and soul and gives people hope.
The main characters are Gabi, a young woman that has swapped homes for 3 weeks with Katie, from Twilight.
Joe, is back home in Twilight , taking care of the Christmas tree business owned by his Grandfather, who has had a stroke and needs help. When these two meet there is instant chemistry.
While other reviewers will write about the story, I will take a different route. The story is
Ann
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love going back to Twilight, Texas and this is book 7 in this loving family oriented series. Joe is home from Florida to run the Christmas Tree farm while his grandfather recovers from his stroke. Gabi is in town staying at his sister's house and the two are spontaneous combustion. She running away from her law school and her memories of her dead brother. As always the magic of Twilight brings them together and love prevails. A wonderful Christmas tale that brings a smile to your lips and a te ...more
Pamela Johnson
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lori-wilde
This is a fast paced wonderful Christmas story that I wanted to jump into and live next door. It is heart warming and in the traditional Christmas town. I want to move there, live there. Not to be missed if you love romance, tradition and community.
Deborah Morgan
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-adult
Ahhh...back home again.
Mary
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great Christmas Read

A great feel good book. It is definitely a miracle type book. Going from a miserable life to a good one for all in the story.
Lesley Jones
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love visiting Twilight, TX. The way Lori writes captures your heart. Gabi and Joe each had their own demons to fight before they reached their happy ending.
Evelyn
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally reviewed for www.buriedunderromance.com
I’LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS, to be released on October 27, is the seventh book in the Twilight,Texas series by prolific romance writer Lori Wilde. It revolves around two broken people who are trying to find themselves in the small town of Twilight, a town that does Christmas to the max. There are quirky characters, baking contests, caroling, parades, decorations, and anything else that you would expect to find in an idealized Christmas setting.
G
Isha Coleman
ON SALE 10/27: I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS BY LORI WILDE

READ AND REVIEW

I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS BY LORI WILDE

Release Date:  October 27, 2015

SYNOPSIS

Christmas in Twilight, Texas, is all merriment and mistletoe. The Cookie Club is whipping up their most festive sweets, the townspeople are scrambling to get their holiday shopping done, and Joe—a hometown guy with a restless heart—is dreaming about the woman he wants to kiss most . . .

. . . And who happens to be staying at his sister's pl
Dee
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honest review for a free copy.

Gabi Preston is a born people pleaser. Actually, she was born to save her brother's life, but in the end, his cancer was too far along to be saved. Derrick died on Christmas morning when Gabi was six. His last gift to her was a snow globe of a Dicken's type Christmas scene. For 17 years, Gabi held that ideal Christmas close to her heart. Her goal was to one day experience such a wonderful Christmas. So, after dropping out of law school she was attending to fulfill D
Amy Smith
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lori has this really special way of writing books that make a person feel. The way she writes Gabi I feel her happiness, her trials, her sadness, and that is really powerful.

This is another book where corrections could have made a huge difference. There was more than a few times a mistake, which was clearly an autocorrect situation, made me stop reading in my tracks. it really hurts the story to have to stop when you're all caught up because suddenly things are making absolutely no sense.

Howeve
Renee Entress
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015, arc, series
4.5 star

If you have not already read the below I recommend reading them first:
The Sweethearts' Knitting Club (Twilight, Texas, #1)
The True Love Quilting Club (Twilight, Texas, #2)
The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3)
The Welcome Home Garden Club (Twilight, Texas, #4)
The Christmas Cookie Collection (Twilight, Texas, #4.1)
The Valentine's Day Disaster (Twilight, Texas, #4.2)
Christmas at Twilight (Twilight, Texas, #5)

This is Gabi and Joe’s story. Gabi and her online friend Katie decide to
Rosemary K
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gabi Preston is at a cross roads in her life. She's dropped out of law school and has come to Twilight Texas for the holidays. She wants to fully experience the joys of Christmas. Can she find herself in this small Texas town? Joe Cheek is a Christmas tree farmer and next door neighbor. He is drawn to this beautiful city girl. Their attraction is mutual and sparks fly when they are together. Since he lives next door to her yurt (tent), they see each other often. I loved Gabi. She's such a giving ...more
Danielle
One thing I love about Wildes books is her characters and the way they come to life. In this story Gabi and Joes sister switch houses for the holidays. Gabi is trying to create the life her and her deceased brother always dreamed about but she never thought she would fall so much in love with the town, the people and most of all Joe.

This book reminded me of the movie the holiday and this book actually had me thinking if i could ever switch houses and lives with someone I never met for 2 weeks.
Nicole Smith
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
This book gives you the true meaning of Christmas and the holiday season. There are no words to tell you how much I loved this book. I will tell you to have some tissues handy because I teared up a few times while reading this. Let me tell you right from the beginning this books just pulls at my heart strings. I absolutely loved the characters in this book. The way this is written you feel part of the community like Gabi who is searching for the Christmas in her snow globe I'd so love to visit T ...more
Katina Fragakis
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed all the Twilight, Texas series, but this one is the best! In one book Lori Wilde creates a Christmas snow globe town of residents full of love for all who need its healing. Gabi Preston is lacking her own identity, having formed her self-image from her duty to others. Joe Cheek,affected by ADHD, returns to his hometown searching for his place in life, his true home. Enter his ex-wife and daughter with their own problems. And the Cheek family is on hand to support all of them.Never ...more
Amary Chapman
Welcome back to Twilight

Gabi leaves law school embarrassed by her difficulty on a courtroom simulated exam, and trades homes with Katie, who had trials of her own.
Coming to Twilight turns out to better than she dared to dream of with the town taking her to their hearts...and Joe.....more man than she had ever encountered.
Joe has his own difficulties, but with Gabi, they become stronger, better and become what each other has been looking for.
This is a sweet sexy contemporary romance that leaves
Julia David
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Gabi and Joe. Gabi grew up thinking she had to please everyone to get love. Joe grew up in a large family and he knows they all love him. He has ADHD and when he was younger, it got him into trouble. He is still living with some of his mistakes. It is pretty much love at first sight when Gabi and Joe meet, but neither are quite ready to trust that. Gabi and Joe's sister trade lives for 3 weeks. Gabi has landed into the perfect town for Christmas. She is learning how to have the perfect Ch ...more
Teresa Colby
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the best book I've read in a very long time. I really had to force myself to put it down. Twilight is getting ready for Christmas but is Gabi really ready for Twilight. This is the story of 2 lost souls searching for who they really are. Gabi trades apts with a stranger they both need to get away from their lives and Joe comes back to town to help his ailing grandfather. Little do they know las they find their true selves they will find their one true love. I love the journey Lori has t ...more
Ruth McDonnell
Nov 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Joe and Gabi's story. Christmas in Twilight is always a special time. Gabi "swaps" places with Katie, Joe's sister, for three weeks before Christmas. Gabi has dropped out of law school and is running from her life as a people pleaser. She wants to find a small town that celebrates Christmas for herself and her older brother who died when she was six. Twilight is just like her snowglobe. Who knew when she arrived in town, that she would be living in a yurt, a modified tent house? ...more
Sharon Forbes
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good Christmas time romance. I started reading it expecting it to be a fun, lighthearted read, which, for the most part, it was. However, there were several very serious backstories in here, which made this book more than just a good holiday read. I won't spoil it for any of you, but the issues that were dealt with in this book make it a holiday book you should pick up and enjoy, I know I did, so much so, that I am going to explore some of Lori Wilde's other books!! ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Rex (Texas Rascals #10)
  • Happily This Christmas (Happily Inc, #6)
  • The Forever Girl (Wildstone, #6)
  • Nick (Texas Rascals #3)
  • Starting Over on Blackberry Lane (Life in Icicle Falls #10)
  • Kurt (Texas Rascals #4)
  • The Best Bride (Hometown Heartbreakers #1)
  • Dan (Texas Rascals #9)
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Dare To Stay (Dare Nation)
  • Jingle All the Way
  • The Vineyard at Painted Moon
  • The Last Christmas Cowboy (Gold Valley, #11)
  • Then Came You (Animal Magnetism, #5)
  • The Rancher's Redemption (The Millers of Morgan Valley, #2)
  • Christmas at Holiday House
  • The Rancher Meets His Match (The Millers of Morgan Valley, #4)
  • Holiday Wishes (Heartbreaker Bay, #4.5)
Lori Wilde can’t remember a time when she didn’t want to write. She even went to nursing school so she could have a schedule flexible enough to allow her to write on the side. She nursed for 20 years, working in a variety of settings from the newborn nursery to the recovery room, to dialysis. But she never lost her desire to write.

She sold her first book in 1994 to Silhouette Romance but later dis

Twilight, Texas (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Sweethearts' Knitting Club (Twilight, Texas, #1)
  • The True Love Quilting Club (Twilight, Texas, #2)
  • The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3)
  • The Welcome Home Garden Club (Twilight, Texas, #4)
  • Christmas at Twilight (Twilight, Texas, #5)
  • A Wedding for Christmas (Twilight, Texas #7)
  • Cowboy, It's Cold Outside (Twilight, Texas #8)
  • The Christmas Key (Twilight, Texas #9)
  • The Christmas Dare (Twilight, Texas #10)
  • The Christmas Backup Plan (Twilight, Texas, #11)

News & Interviews