Start by marking “Queen (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #3)” as Want to Read:
Queen (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #3)

Queen

(The Blackcoat Rebellion #3)

PAWN...CAPTIVE...QUEEN?

Kitty Doe is a Blackcoat rebel and a former captive with a deadly connection to the most powerful and dangerous man in the country, Prime Minister Daxton Hart. Forced to masquerade as Daxton's niece, Lila Hart, Kitty has helped the Blackcoats take back the prison known as Elsewhere. But Daxton has no intention of ceding his position of privilege—or
Published November 24th 2015 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about Queen, please sign up.

Start your review of Queen (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #3)
Ai Haibara
Captive was a disappointment but I'll still read Queen because what can a gal do when Ms. Carter here has created a character as enigmatic as Lennox Creed?

*Sigh* The things I do for you, Knox.

WARNING: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

description

Of course I'm also interested to see how the romance angle would play out in this book seeing as although Kitty is in 'love' with Benjy and they're in a relationship, it just seems like a plot device with Benjy as the ever cardboard character who disappears for the majority of
david y biblioflick
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it

UPADATE AUGUST 7, 2015
The cover is just awesome with the hexagon-shapes that made me think of scifi, especially the TV Show Orphan Black. I knew it that the eye will have the "X" symbol! Plus the tagline is quite similar to what I made A move that will end it all. And the book - In the final move, you win or die. Can't wait to read it!

Pawn. Captive. Queen.

Isa
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
“People like you hold their loved ones above ideals. They’ll do anything to protect them, no matter what it costs. But me—I hold ideals above people. No single life is as important as this revolution, not even mine.”
- Lennox Creed, Captive

MY KNOXITTY (Knox+Kitty) SHIP IS NOT CANON. I JUST WANT TO CRY, AND CRY, AND CRY. AND WATCH MORE JDORAMA WITH UNREQUITED LOVE. AND CRY!! (view spoiler)
Colette
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
The conclusion to this trilogy did not impress me. While the last 50 pages brought me back into the Rebellion, the rest of the book left me not caring about the characters and their fates. Overall 2/5 stars; Pawn and Capture proved superior to Queen.
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
3.5 Stars.
I've loved this series and even though I still enjoyed Queen, there was one thing missing. One pivotal point that it should have ended on. All that tension and nothing.

Where's that bloody novella when you need one?
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult, Science Fiction
*Rating* 4.0

*My Thoughts*

"Sometimes you have to sacrifice your Queen to capture the King."

Queen is the third and final installment in The Blackcoat Rebellion by author Aimee Carter. The narrator/protagonist continues to be 17-year old Kitty Doe-Hart. I added the last part because, let's be real, using the Doe name alone absolutely makes no sense. Especially since the revelations about who Kitty's real father and mother were in the previous
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars

Queen is the final book in the YA dystopian Blackcoat Rebellion trilogy.

The narrator is 17 year old Kitty Doe.

There will be some spoilers from the first two books.

In Pawn Kitty Doe was surgically transformed (Masked) to look like Lila Hart (the Prime Minister's niece). Lila was supposedly dead and so Kitty took over her life.

Kitty was working with the Blackcoat Rebellion. In Captive she was sent to Elsewhere and held prisoner.

In this society your rank dictates your life.

I found this
Shilo
Mar 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm so conflicted. I spent almost the entire book rolling my eyes, getting mad, and even kind of yelling at it. It was repetitive and I felt like the story was going nowhere; the same things just kept happening over and over again. Kitty annoyed me, I was kind of only here for Knox and Greyson. Then, a few chapters from the end, I started to feel things and I was really excited to see how everything was going to play out. But like I said, that was only a few chapters from the end, so the ...more
Rebecca
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good! I kind of wanted more of Knox and Kitty but the possibilities that you can imagine from the end of this book are countless. This was probably one of the most frustrating series' I've ever read, the villains are so beyond evil you can't wait to get to the conclusion where the heroes win! Such a good series and great finale!
Avion
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Queen was an intriguing political thriller that kept me hooked.

It is a young dystopian novel that focuses on Kitty Doe, a Blackcoat rebel whose job is to help expose and overthrow Prime Minister Daxton Hart, better known as Victor Mercer.

I liked the protagonist, Kitty Doe, whose perspective changes. When Knox dies, Kitty is overcome by a wave of emotions- feelings she does not fully understand. In previous times, they would always bicker, never agreeing on important matters. She always saw him
Katlyn
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Claire (Book Blog Bird)
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a good end to the series. The inevitable romance was a bit (incredibly) slow in coming, but there were some truly emotional parts and some really good action too.

I don't think I enjoyed this series as much as the Goddess series, but it's still worth a look.
Chelsea
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Being the last in a trilogy, it moved along a little slowly, but it was a good read. The title is also misleading, but that's not a big issue. The characters did some developing and both good and bad guys died, so the plot was believable.
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I dove into Aimee Carter's Queen, yet again not remembering the previous events well. This is the problem of a reader who reads too much! LOL. Though, luckily, Aimee does a good job of giving us enough of a recap to see where we are at the beginning of the story. And once again, we find Kitty working with the Blackcoats in order to bring Daxton Hart down once and for all.

We know now that the man claiming to be Daxton Hart isn't the real Daxton, but Victor Mercer as Kitty learned he was Masked as
Lucy
I want to say something about the series in full that I found amusing, but it's a spoiler.

We had Benjy shoved down our throats from Book 1; Chapter 1, and I don't know if you read any reviews for the other books, but consensus was that Benjy was boring and Knox was the one we wanted. And Benjy was boring. Kitty and Benjy were dating from before the story started, and we were all just expected to like him. All I remember about Benjy is--

a) red hair
b) can read

Any and all chemistry with Knox would
Amber
4.5 Stars

Captive was such a thrilling adventure that I was afraid Queen wouldn't live up to everything it had built up to. Allow me to put your worries at ease.

Plot: Queen has so much happen for only 288 pages, but still seems to be the right length for this series ender. The trouble with a concluding book is that it's hard to avoid spoilers, so unfortunately, I can't speak too much for the overall story. You can guess that the ante has been upped like never before; lives are lost and Carter
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

**Find this and other reviews, plus fun stuff, on my blogs! Booklikes or Blogspot**

Basic Info

In Depth

Best Part:
Nah
Worst Part: Too much talkly
Thoughts Had: Shut up and get there!
Cheryl
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
I really got into this the first book in this trilogy. I could not wait to wait to read book two. I instantly put the second book on my list to read. I still have not read it yet but I am not one of those types that has to always read books in chronological order. Maybe if I had read book two it might have changed my perception of this book. Although, I don't think it would help that much. I was disappointed in this book. It felt like there was aa lot of talk but not a lot of action. Not until ...more
Ellie
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
1.5 out of 5 Stars
Melissa
As far as YA dystopian novels go, Queen by Aimee Carter was pretty good. There was nothing extraordinary about it, but it was a good ending to The Blackcoat Rebellion series. There was a good amount of danger and action in this final book of the series, but I don't really feel like this is a series that is going to stick with me at all. It will probably blend into a hundred other YA dystopian novels with similar plots involving a dystopian United States where for some unfathomable reason the ...more
Tayla Robichaud
Ahh I really enjoyed this book.
I cried so hard when (view spoiler)

I love when a book makes me feel a wide range of emotions and this book definitely did. I was honestly really shocked by a lot of things. This book needs to have more people reading it!

This series is so great.

Salty about (view spoiler)
Kelsey van Dillen
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nele
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-sale
An amazing end to an amazing series! This one is so full of plot twists and I didn't see them coming...
Plus, I'm so glad she ends up with Knox
Chloe Palazuelos
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book kept me interested the whole way through. At parts it seemed to drag on but overall I was happy with the ending.
Anushka
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: catalogued
Shannon
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
After how much I hated Kitty in the previous book, I didn’t think there would be any way to redeem her character. I was pleasantly surprised though. She was still annoying a lot of the time, but she was much more tolerable in this. The main problems I had with Kitty surrounded the romance with Benjy and the crappy way she treated Knox. For most of the book, Kitty was separated from the two guys and it seemed like she was more focused on the things that mattered, like the revolution. However, ...more
Collette Morris
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: calcifer, ya
olivia
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i'm pretty satisfied with that as an ending to the series, i mean it got better towards the end and i'm glad that (view spoiler)

edit 13/10/18: on reading all three books consecutively i'm upping my rating from a 4 to 5. i forgot just how great an ending this book was to the series. i also actually really like kitty, like okay sometimes she
Lauren
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
The rebellion is continuing but the black coats may be on the losing side as "Daxton Hart" thwarts their plans at every turn. His secret must be exposed but that might not be as easy to do as it sounds.

Kitty was so strong throughout the whole ordeal and I loved how she has the support of Benjy. It took a lot of courage to be able to hold back and wait for the right time to act. Even though this book focused on the rebellion I wanted a little more romantic relationship development. I did like
Ria
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Full Review @http://www.abookishescape.com/2016/01...

The End, MORE more MORE!!! I wanted so much more but i’d be lying if i said I was unhappy with the way things ended. Change is in the horizon sacrifices have been made and things look generally good. The things that were supposed to happen from the very beginning have. The one major difference is Kitty…She is now a permanent fixture the whole country is proud of. Bravo Carter!! Nailed it!!

My Rating
5.0 yep thats 100% fan girl based…I just hope
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Lacivert
  • Storia di una caduta
  • The Swan & the Jackal (In the Company of Killers, #3)
  • Uzun Hikaye
  • Safir (Lacivert, #2)
  • Wildcard (Warcross, #2)
  • Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)
  • Un mariage à Lyon
  • Ölüme Fısıldayan Adam
  • Seeds of Iniquity (In the Company of Killers, #4)
  • The King Slayer (The Witch Hunter, #2)
  • The Revolution of Ivy (The Book of Ivy, #2)
  • Beş Sevim Apartmanı: Rüya Tabirli Cinperi Yalanları
  • Der Zwang
  • Salon Köşelerinde
  • Behind the Hands That Kill (In the Company of Killers, #6)
  • City of Savages
  • Angst
Aimée Carter was born and raised in Michigan, where she currently resides. She is the author of several series, including The Goddess Test series, The Blackcoat Rebellion series, and the Simon Thorn series.

QUEEN (#3 of The Blackcoat Rebellion) will be released on November 24th, 2015.

SIMON THORN AND THE WOLF'S DEN (#1 of the Simon Thorn series, Bloomsbury) will be released February 2, 2016.

The Blackcoat Rebellion (3 books)
  • Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #1)
  • Captive (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #2)
“I earned those scars. I'm keeping them.” 16 likes
“I realized death isn't the worst thing. It's the last thing. And endings are hard, that's all.” 10 likes