Start by marking “A Cold Creek Christmas Story (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #14)” as Want to Read:
A Cold Creek Christmas Story (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #14)

A Cold Creek Christmas Story

(Cowboys of Cold Creek #14)

Sparkle In The Snow Leads To So Much More

Celeste Nichols has always preferred to keep to herself in her hometown of Pine Gulch, Idaho…until she becomes an instant celebrity! When one of her children's stories becomes a major success, she's suddenly the talk of the town. Celeste should be gloriously happy…but something, someone, special is still missing from her life. Coul
Published November 17th 2015 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about A Cold Creek Christmas Story, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Jacob Proffitt
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
While part of a very long series of Christmas-themed romances, the only predecessor with any effect on the story is The Christmas Ranch. Okay, that's not entirely true. Half the novel had pop-ins from previous couples and that was more than a little annoying. Also, this story is tons better than that book, so it’s sad how much setup is there that this story leans on. So I kind of hate having to encourage others to endure that one to fully appreciate this one. Maybe stop at in like I did?

This st
✨Susan✨
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
A feel good romance that was just not for me. Not bad characters, but, I kept waiting for the end and then... there is a second book I did not go onto.
Melissa ♥ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf
I’ll admit I started A Cold Creek Christmas Story with a bit of trepidation due to it being the 14th in a series (about Cowboys??) that I had yet to start. I am so glad that I didn’t let that deter me! Lately I’ve been on a bit of a romance kick and RaeAnne Thayne has definitely made my list of new favorite authors.

Thayne delivers in the charming tale about a father and daughter in need of some holiday healing and the amazing town and family that embrace them and make them one of theirs.

As with
Ami
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Such weakness I have with Christmas stories that involved single dads *sigh* and the latest offering from Thayne's Harlequin SSE, A Cold Creek Christmas Story just hit me in all the right places. This is the second story of the Nichols sisters and book #14 on Thayne's Cold Creek Cowboy series; although rest assured, you will be fine if you haven't read the previous 13 books.

I admit, Celeste is written as a bit stereotypical -- a meek, shy, introverted librarian. Like all librarians are introve
Gail
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is such a well written and emotional story. It will make you feel like you are right there in Cold Creek with them getting ready for the Christmas season. The characters will just draw you in. The story will make you laugh and cry. It will show you what is important for the Christmas season. I loved every minute of it and hated to see it end. As a bonus you also get to read A Cold Creek Christmas another amazing and wonderful Christmas story. It will help put you in the mood for the Christm ...more
Terri Wino
Oct 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: year-2015
A,sweet Christmas story about a librarian and a father trying to help his little girl recover from a trauma. It's a bit rushed, but an enjoyable read.
Kathryn
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed listening to this Christmas story, really sweet for this time of year. I liked the narration, saw some saying on Audible they didn't like it, but suited me fine.
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I was so delighted when I found this book on my kindle while searching for something good to read and equally disappointed that I have not read it yet. Reading Thayne book now feels like coming home to me. It's always filled with magic and warm fuzziness that stays with me long after I am done with the book and A Cold Creek Christmas Story was no exception.

The book follows Celeste, who lives in the comfort of Pine Gulch Idaho, with a very sad past, who writes children's books for a living. Her r
Cathy
2015 Reading Challenge: a book set during Christmas

3.5 stars but I'm happily rounding up because this was just really sweet and cute.

Olivia was adorable, and she happens to be the same age as my niece so I thought she was written realistically. Maybe the whole story and the writing was a little too syrupy-sweet for even my tastes (and that's saying A LOT, because I embrace cheesiness) but hey, I am willing to handwave a lot at Christmas.

Also, I felt like the ending could have been done better. (
Linda
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a really good book. I enjoyed it very much. Celeste writes a children's book and it becomes a huge hit. She lives in Pine Gulch, Idaho. Their story has many twists and turns. She falls for millionaire Flynn Delaney. He is back in Pine Gulch with his daughter that is healing after losing her mother. I loved all the characters in this book. Great Christmas read!! Read this wonderful book from RaeAnne Thayne for all the details, you won't want to miss this one!!
Marie Campbell
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
RaeAnne Thayne warms our hearts again with another beloved Christmas tale in A Cold Creek Christmas Story. You will fall in love with Flynn Delaney and his adorable daughter, Olivia.
Flynn has returned to Pine Gulch, Idaho to settle his grandmother's estate to, hopefully, heal his young daughter's heart after a terrible tragedy. Pine Gulch and beloved librarian, Celeste Nicholas offer hope and healing to two wonderful people who need love and comfort.
Celeste is a sweet women who has all but g
Book Addict
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
RaeAnne Thayne has done it again. A Cold Creek Christmas Story is a wonderful story. It will fill you with the Christmas spirit. I really enjoyed this book and catching up with the Nichols sisters. I am looking forward to more stories about this family.
Celeste has been through a lot in her life and now she is faced with making some big decisions about her books that she wrote for her nieces and nephews. Flynn has returned to his grandmother’s home in Pine Gulch to close out his past and try to
Danielle
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a short quick emotional read.

Celeste is a small town librarian and when she was younger she went through being held captive in Columbia. She writes children's books and is content with her life until her childhood crush Flynn shows up.

Flynn brings his daughter Olivia back home to help her heal from a terrible tragedy. Her mothers boyfriend shot her mother and her and then killed himself. Olivia survived but mentally and physically she still has work to do.

I liked how this story was e
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Nov 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I was expecting a romance but this story is more about a woman who had a terrifying experience as a child helping a child recovering from the experience of being critically hurt and seeing her mom killed. The story between the child (Olivia) and Celeste (small town librarian/children's book author) is sweet and well written. The romance between the child's father (Flynn) and Celeste is almost absent from the book. There was a kiss, an apology, an angry comment, an apology and poof a happy ending ...more
Lori R
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and RaeAnne Thayne did not disappoint me with her latest book. Celeste Nichols is a librarian who is also a children's author. Her latest book, Sparkle and the Magic Snowball is going to be made into a movie. This money will help her sisters to save the family's Christmas Ranch and the Star N Ranch.
Flynn Delaney has returned to sell his grandmother's house. He has also brought his daughter, Olivia. Olivia is recovering from having witnessed her mom's boyfriend shooting her m
Diana
Nov 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
Obviously, I'm the outlier here but this book gagged me. The sooooper sweet, self-sacrificing heroine was my first clue, then the tragically motherless girl child and her morbidly sad daddy (hello, we need a team of therapists). Too much, too much, I give up! I know I'm making light, but there is a limit to piling on the FICTIONAL misery. Narrator Celeste Ciulla reads in a cloying syrupy voice that ground on my last nerve. Ugh. DNF.
Becky
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas, romance
I'm so tired of men in books who divide women into fun-time girls and marrying girls. Even though I can relate more to the latter than the former, it's still insulting to women and shame on authors for continuing this whore/madonna approach to women. Sorry, I know it's typical of romances and this one is no worse than any other, but it hit me while I was reading this that even in the year 2017 we are still treating some women as disposable sex partners and others are put on a pedestal. I think I ...more
Virginia Lloyd
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An Unexpected Christmas Present

Celeste Nichols wasn't one for spotlights. She was happy in her position as children's librarian in her home town. Holidays, pressure to sign over movie rights of the book she and her sister recently published, and now the presence of Flynn Delancy, tossed her in a frenzy. Add to her growing number of stresses, Flynn came with a traumatized daughter who bonded with Celeste through her book, Sprinkle and the Magic Snowballs.

Misunderstandings, pressures and decisions
Lark of The Bookwyrm's Hoard
3.5 stars. A Cold Creek Christmas Story is a sweet, heartwarming romance that follows last year’s The Christmas Ranch. It’s a very quick read, but charming and warm.

Shy librarian and children’s book writer Celeste Nichols never expected her Christmas story about a reindeer named Sparkle to become a national bestseller, let alone be offered a movie contract, and she’s not really comfortable with the fame. Celeste is happiest living a quiet life — although she loves her job as a children’s librari
Clare O'Beara
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: america-romance
An Idaho librarian finds herself a best seller after a children's story she penned about a little reindeer takes off. Her sister who illustrated the story wants to jump at the chance of selling film rights, in order to pay off the family ranch mortgage, but the shyer author can't quite commit as she is still stunned by her fame.

With Christmas approaching the sisters think of others and especially one man who has come here with his young daughter after the death of his wife. The little girl was
Cheryl
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Let's go to Pine Gulch, Idaho for Christmas...

Celeste Nichols, children's librarian, looks up during story time and sees Flynn Delaney, bringing back memories of the huge crush she'd had on Flynn when she was a young teenager. Flynn is at the library with his seven year-old daughter, Olivia. Olivia wants to meet Celeste because the small-town librarian is also a well-known author of children's books about Sparkle the reindeer - and Olivia LOVES Sparkle.

Flynn is in town temporarily, cleaning out
Jayme
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love visiting Pine Gulch, especially the sisters at Star N ranch.
Celeste is wrestling with the idea of her Sparkle book becoming a movie.
She meets a little girl named Olivia who was shot and watched her mom die, the little girls dad is Flynn Delaney, her crush from when she was 13 and crashed her bike in front of his grandmas house. Flynn and Olivia are in Pine Gulch to clean out his grandmothers home and get it ready to sell. Flynn is extremely over protective of Olivia, even with the librar
Lorilei Gonzales
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This story captivated me from the beginning because Celeste’s career is where I hope mine is headed one day. It was great to hear about the process of her going from a shy librarian writing stories for her family and later becoming a literary celebrity. But anyone who isn’t interested by that story arc is sure to sit up when her handsome childhood crush comes along with his wounded child. I think it’s most women’s fantasy that the
Beth Carpenter
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A truly sweet story of a small-town librarian, a little girls dealing with a traumatic event, and a man who only wants the best for his daughter. Add to that the sweetness of Christmas in the shadow of the Tetons, and you have the makings of a wonderful story. I highly recommend it.
Carol
Nov 22, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
Very sweet and tender Christmas story.
Natashia Paiva
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book In a Goodreads giveaway. This book was very heartfelt and festive. I enjoyed it very much, and would recommend this read! I would read this author again!
Pretty Wit
Wanted a Christmas book to listen to in the car during my last week of work before break. it's a little cheesy so far....
yeah, it was cheesy.
Carla
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is why you can never go wrong with a book from RaeAnne Thayne! Her books are uplifting and beautiful!
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it

I love the background of this story, first Celeste Nichols who prefers to just keep to herself but her published book became a major success. Enters Flynn Delaney who is returning back home for his motherless child to his town hoping that the change will bring joy to his daughter. The town’s librarian and her story telling seem to bring out a positive change in his daughter and sparks flies. What a wonderful Christmas story.
  • Home for Christmas (Sanctuary Island #4)
  • Christmas on Candy Cane Lane (Life in Icicle Falls, #8)
  • The Corner of Holly and Ivy (Harmony Harbor)
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree
  • Mistletoe Miracles (Ransom Canyon, #7)
  • The Cowboy's Pride and Joy
  • Treasure on Lilac Lane (Jewell Cove, #2)
  • A Christmas Bride
  • A Valentine for the Veterinarian (Paradise Animal Clinic #2)
  • Discovering You (Whiskey Creek, #10)
  • Snowbound in Montana (Carrigans of the Circle C, #4)
  • Reunion Pass (Eternity Springs, #11)
  • Christmas Comes to Main Street (Briar Creek, #5)
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas (Twilight, Texas, #6)
  • Miracle on Chance Avenue (Love on Chance Avenue #2)
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different t

Cowboys of Cold Creek (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Light The Stars (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #1)
  • Dancing In The Moonlight (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #2)
  • Dalton's Undoing (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #4)
  • A Cold Creek Homecoming (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #5)
  • A Cold Creek Holiday (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #6)
  • A Cold Creek Secret (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #7)
  • A Cold Creek Baby (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #8)
  • Christmas in Cold Creek (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #9)
  • A Cold Creek Reunion includes bonus story (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #10)
“the reappearance of Flynn Delaney in her world. She couldn’t seem to shake the weird feeling that her safe, comfortable world was about to change.” 0 likes
“Everybody has nightmares,” she answered. “To paraphrase John Irving, you don’t get to pick them. They pick you.” “True enough.” 0 likes