Start by marking “Wyoming Rugged (Wyoming Men, #5)” as Want to Read:
Wyoming Rugged (Wyoming Men, #5)

Wyoming Rugged

(Wyoming Men #5)

New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Diana Palmer is back in Wyoming with a tale of love born in Big Sky Country…

Billionaire oilman Blair Coleman has always taken care of his business. After having been used and cast aside by a woman he thought he loved, his personal life is far from his first priority. He knows only one has ever tr

Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published November 24th 2015 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about Wyoming Rugged, please sign up.
Lyn Miles Have just finished Invincible again and Carlie and Carson's son was called Jacob Allen Casiius Fred Farwalker.…moreHave just finished Invincible again and Carlie and Carson's son was called Jacob Allen Casiius Fred Farwalker.(less)

Start your review of Wyoming Rugged (Wyoming Men, #5)
Vintage

I hope these two dumb clucks never reproduce as they don’t have sense to come in out of the rain.

The older, hairy H is the rare DP protective nice guy that is head over heels with the heroine until it becomes clear she’s attracted to him after a bout of fooling around then his raging attraction and release of testosterone engage the DP cruel hero affect. He’s SO MEAN!

She searched his black eyes. Her own were sad. “We were friends once.”

He smiled. It was icy cold. “We were,” he agreed. The smile
Vashti
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret amongst my Goodreads friends that I am a diehard ,long time Diana Palmer fan.For a while,her books were sadly lacking and I was despairing if this beloved author would ever return to her heyday of wtiting the books that she was known and loved for.
Well,I got my wish,this book has returned this author to her roots in romance.It had everything you would expect in a DP romance and I enjoyed every page till the very end.If you are a long time fan,you will love this book.4.75****
kristen
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Review forthcoming at Romance and Smut

Spoiler: If there wasn't an iPad mentioned, I would have thought it was set in 1955. And I don't say that in a good way.
Preeti ♥︎ Her Bookshelves
Only words like GPS, ipad and emojis give a ‘newish’ feel to this DP, which otherwise is a mish mash of many of her earlier works. But still it’s a very engaging and heartwarming story with very likabe h/H, who become good friends despite the age gap before the dynamics of their relationship change. Even with the DP longish length and a story span of about three years, it doesn’t drag or bore (well almost doesn’t!).

*With some spoilers*

I loved both the h and the H. She is one of the sweetest of
Jenny
Niki has been in love with Blair since forever.,He is her father's best friend and the man of her dreams. Sadly he is also married. Blair has always pushed her away not because he doesn't have feelings for her but because he feels bad about their age difference. He is 16 years older than her. It was nice to see a strong hero but also vulnerable and insecure.

After his divorce they come closer but it takes a tragedy to strip away Blair's doubts and open his heart. Heroine was your typical Diana P
Taria Reed
i liked the story, but it had a meggashitton of repitition. repetition of comments, conversations, actions, etc. too much running around chasing their tails and KNOWING what the problem is and still doing the same damn things. The book could have easily been half the length.

Niki was too fucking naive. TOOOOOOO Innocent. she was 23 and had no idea about shit. And seriously get that chit a cape cus in this book she was seriously Captain jump-to-any-stupid-ass-conclusion.

story - 3
narrator 4

the book
Hasnamezied
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: western, best-covers
Ok I am going to give it 2.5. This was my first read for Diana Palmer. May be I should started reading for her another book. Both of the hero and heroine who I already forgot their names has a huge difference in age which was 16 years.For me it was too much. Also, I felt most of the book like Come Here - Go Away. In addition , the same conversations kept repeated over and over so I become really bored.

The only benefit was to learn that Black Coffee is good for Asthma attacks.
Danielle
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Monica **can't read fast enough**
In WYOMING RUGGED the romance between Niki and Blair builds very slowly and in the beginning is mostly one sided. Niki is painfully inexperienced and naive in a way that is almost out of place in today's world. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, it just makes for awkward interactions between Niki and Blair. Falling almost instantly for her father's close friend doesn't make for an easy road to love for Niki Ashton. Sheltered and coddled by her father, Niki doesn't experience the world in the wa ...more
Astraycat
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: DP's fans
I enjoyed reading this DP's book.

I liked the slow build-up between H and h, how h helped H overcome his depression because of his marriage, how they cared about each other, and how they got closer to each other.

Of course I was waiting H say sth to hurt h at some point considering I've read many DP's novels. Yep, he toally did it, almost ruined my good impression of him so far. However, I didn't expect the second time he hurt her by his rude words because I thought he finally realized life was sh
Chitra *CJ*
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: v-card
Overall a good read.
May December romance between Niki, and her father's best friend Blair.
While she falls for him at 17, he's always been attracted to her but thinks of her as a kid. He then gets married and later divorced, and flames fly when they meet again.
As usual there are cruel exes, evil girlfriends, mean heroes, pushing away, angst, repent- and finally a HEA and a baby.
Some heavy breeding undertones- but with DP flavor.
This followed the well used pattern but I found everyone's mood swing
Zubee
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh this was a sweet one ... liked H and h both. This reminded me of some of her older books; great to read; one of those that make her such a well loved author ...
Margo
amanda s.
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's been a while since the last time I read a new book from Diana Palmer. Gosh, I miss it! Though now her writing seems to be more.. Adapting to the whole technology (smartphone, games, etc), it still doesn't lose its classic-ness. ;)

Blair, our Hero, is a bit annoying, to be honest. He gone hot and cold in a matter of minutes and to me that's just childish. He's a mature man, for crying out loud! Why can't he act like his age? But overall, this book is pretty much Palmer's classic plot and I j
Booked
Thank god!! no more gaming!! She did briefly mention Facebook which made me cringe just a little bit. This book is reminiscent of her older older books susan kyle/diana blayne style of story telling. I'm still a fan, but the plot and the conflict kinda just went around in circles which was a little frustrating. Just when you think thing are moving along, you find yourself back to the beginning. I think it happened just enough times that I started mildly doubting the invitable HAE. I swear if she ...more
Ava M.
Apr 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
What the hell did I just read....
Ann
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very touch and go romance for Blair Coleman and Jimi Ashton because he was always worried about their age difference because there was a sixteen years age difference between them but she didn't care but he did he had one bad marriage and wasn't looking for another one. He kept pushing her away and she just couldn't figure out why than he almost loses her for something another man pushed her to do but after she was better he pushed her away again until he finally wakes up before he los ...more
Amanda Siegrist
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
I am an avid Diana Palmer fan and reader of her books. I never hesitate to pick up one of her books. There are times that I don't always like where the story goes, but she always manages to pull me back in and finish a wonderful story. Normally, I would never pinpoint on something that bothered me, because normally it's nothing too huge that bugs me. But I have to mention something this time because it really, really bothered me.

The book starts with Niki being dropped off at her home by her date
Sheryl Tribble
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
I generally like Palmer's books just fine, although I seem to remember the occasional stand out and haven't hit one in a good while. This one is pretty average and one of her standard approaches. Young, ridiculously innocent, virginal heroine has a big crush on an older man who thinks she deserves better. Said older man does some stupid-to-borderline-mean stuff a few times, while the heroine does some dumb stuff just to keep things complicated. It definitely went on way too long -- once hero hea ...more
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
I know I should stop myself but I always give in. There's a blueprint that Diana/Susan follows that's quite predictable but I always fall lol Secretly hoping we get a kick@$$ heroine?

PS: I looked it up because it is annoying and antiquated. Only 3 states require blood tests for a marriage license: DC, Mississippi, and Montana.

PSS: None of the above are Wyoming. Or Texas for that matter. **cough** timetoupdateyouresearchgirlfriend**cough**
Nicole
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Guilty pleasure but I don't feel guilty. ...more
Bwmurf
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Mum
Mar 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
It was a nice book, but seemed dated. I have concerns that the medical data was accurate but how often do you read a romance looking for information on asthma?
Judy Churchill
If there was a plot in this book, I never found it. A sweet, romantic story.
Mimi
Dec 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Let me start by saying that I am not a reader of romance books as a genre. This is not to say that I have never picked one up and read it; in fact, I have, but it was when I was very young and then later as an exercise at the library where I work. It's not that I don't enjoy a book with romance in it, if it's done well and integrates cleverly into a larger plot but generally, I try to stay away from the genre. However, I was hoping that since this author is very popular and I was unfamiliar with ...more
Gina
Feb 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Wyoming Rugged (Wyoming Men, #5)
by Diana Palmer

I quit this book at page 23. At this point I could tell several things already.
1. Ms. Palmer does not write above a 6th-grade level.
a. Short. Choppy. Sentences. That tell you what is happening. 'She is angry. She can't run away in time."
b. "He drew back a fist the size of a ham and inserted it into the boy's diaphragm..." Since this is Super Bowl Sunday, I'm blowing the whistle: Juvenile imagery and improper use of a Thesaurus.
Ye-gods woman,
Sara Strand
Nov 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Right away, I will tell you that while this is #5 in the series, you would never know it. This is 100% a stand alone book, so that's really nice. Also, Diana Palmer is a new to me author and I would read her again, which tells you what I think about the book.

So let's get the things that annoyed me out of the way now. First up, Niki.... sigh. Niki is like, she's naive but she's worse than naive. She's the phase before naive, she's practically puritanical. If you had locked a woman away in a dunge
Sheila Melo
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet May-December Romance

FINAL DECISION: Sweet romance between a man who believes that he is too old for the heroine reminds me of the best of the classic Palmer books. The hero is not verbally abusive towards the heroine and Niki and Blair have some sweet and funny moments together.

THE STORY: Niki Ashton has been in love with Blair Coleman for years. Blair has treated Niki as a child as Blair is the best friend of Niki's father and sixteen years older than Niki. Through Blair's failed marriage
Lorilei Gonzales
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I was really excited to read this book because I liked Palmer’s “Wedding in White”, which I read by accident back in high school. This book follows the same formula: younger, virginal woman has known older, experienced man since she was on the cusp of womanhood and is in love with him despite his hangup on the age difference, but he doesn’t come around until she has a near death experience that lands her in the hospital. And even tho
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• For Now and Forever
  • Night Fever
  • All That Glitters
  • Tangled Destinies
  • Wind River Lawman (Wind River Valley, #6)
  • Marido farsante
  • Escapade
  • Tate (McKettricks, #11)
  • Multimillonario & Libre
See top shelves…

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera

Wyoming Men (10 books)
  • Wyoming Tough (Wyoming Men, #1)
  • Wyoming Fierce (Wyoming Men, #2)
  • Wyoming Bold (Wyoming Men, #3)
  • Wyoming Strong (Wyoming Men, #4)
  • Wyoming Brave (Wyoming Men, #6)(Long, Tall Texans #48.5)
  • Wyoming Winter (Wyoming Men, #7)
  • Wyoming Legend (Wyoming Men, #8)
  • Wyoming Heart (Wyoming Men, #9)
  • Wyoming True (Wyoming Men, #10)