Start by marking “A Wrong Bed Christmas: Ignited / Where There's Smoke” as Want to Read:
A Wrong Bed Christmas: Ignited / Where There's Smoke

A Wrong Bed Christmas: Ignited / Where There's Smoke

The Wrong Bed—But the Right Guy!

Ignited by Kimberly Van Meter

Paperback, The Wrong Bed, #73, 224 pages
Published October 20th 2015 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about A Wrong Bed Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wrong Bed Christmas

Maria Rose
This is a two for one story, both novellas, about a brother and a sister (Erik and Alexis) who live together but mistakenly think that they're both out for the evening when they invite their respective friends Layton and Emma to stay the night in the other siblings room. It's a comedy of errors then as Erik and Emma end up in one room, and Alexis and Layton in the other, though they quickly realize things are amiss! What follows is Alexis and Layton getting their story (Ignited) and Erik and Emm ...more
Cheryl
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Both stories in this book are H-O-T. They will make the snow melt. However both women are different. Alexis is not shy about what she wants. So the chemistry between her and Layton was firing off on all cylinders. It is a good thing that Layton is a firefighter as he would have been called to put the fire out before it combusted.

Than there is Emma. She is not as talented in the "Sex Kitten" department. In fact, there is nothing more sexy and says come and seduce me like "mint green pajamas with
Ariane
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
I got this book at last year's book club/white elephant/Xmas book exchange. I have never really read a book like this, although I did read the 50 Shades books. It was Christmas-time, and I decided "what the heck!"

It was definitely a fluff read, quick, and not at all what I would choose to read on a regular basis. It was interesting that it was set in Colorado, and I was almost convinced it was in Greeley! Eventually, I decided it must be set in Loveland - due to clues in the story. It didn't use
Angelica
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was just the book to kick my holidays off right this year. Two connected but separate stories of friends ending up in the wrong bed's with love connection complications ensuing. This was a light, well-written romantic romp perfect for the car trip during my Thanksgiving weekend. Not a hugely developed lengthy romantic novel, but just right to wet the appetite and engage me from the first page of story one to the end of story two. Thanks you for the first perfect gift of Christmas this year!
Shanice Singh
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First let me say that I threw everything on my to-do list aside for this book. And it was well worth it. This was a delicious, delightful sexy read and I enjoyed every minute of it. I did think there should have been some sort of resolution between the brother and sister (who both did their sibling's best friend).
Apart from that, I think this is a great Christmas read and I wouldn't be opposed to reading again (and again and...well you get the point)
Rowena
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-review-pile
Full review to come but cute! These books were too freaking cute.
Kati
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Some of the dialog was incredibly cheesy, but the stories were OK and characters were really likable.
Kristina
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've never read a book like this so I have nothing to compare it to. There are 2 intertwined stories but both different. Spicy! I can't say much else because I have family on here. 😏
For ages 18 & up
RaeLatte
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A spicy firefighter holiday story of friends to lovers. Two brilliant authors tackle one huge plot. Two friends, two siblings. Find out what happens when they confront a snowstorm and their desire.

A laugh out loud spicy read! Don't miss this delicious story!
Smut Matters
Nov 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Heather's review from Smut MattersThis book was two separate but connected stories, Ignited, written by Kimberly Van Meter, and Where There's Smoke, written by Liz Talley. It was a really quick read; I got through it in about 90 minutes. I thought each of these stories was cute, although I didn't realize from the back cover copy that both of them were going to involve the "we can't date because of your sibling trope." I was very happy to see Layton, our hero from Ignited, tell Alexis that she wa ...more
Deanna
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*E-ARC provided by Publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review*

Story #1: Ignited by Kimberly Van Meter

Characters: Alexis Matheson & Layton Davis

Older brother’s best friend and wrong bed stories are among my absolute favorite romances to read. I think I read my first Wrong Bed story in Harlequin’s Temptation line and have continued to love and read them in Blaze. They are the type of books I will search out and buy before others because I just love the dynamics associated with them. An
Jessica
See more of my reviews on my blog Thoughts At One In The Morning.

Upon finishing, my initial reaction:

AH! I loved these two books. It was amazing how they connected together and were so super sweet.

My Thoughts (full review):

When I first glanced at this pretty, I didn't realize it was two stories in one. It was actually a very welcome surprise in my opinion. The two stories parallel each other, and they couldn't be more amazing!

In Kimberly Van Meter's Ignited, we have Alexis and Layton. She isn't
Book Reading Gals
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Title: A Wrong Bed Christmas

Series: Romance
Author: Kimberly Van Meter, Liz Talley

Genre: Romance

Blurb: The Wrong Bed—But the Right Guy!

Ignited by Kimberly Van Meter

What do you do when a sexy, naked fireman gets into your bed? If you're Alexis Matheson, you freak out. But now she's snowed in with Layton Davis, and suddenly Alexis's best intentions to behave seem to have disappeared up the chimney. Because a hot 'n' naughty firefighter in her bed might be the best Christmas surprise ever…

Where Ther
Books and Spoons
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Two hot and steamy novels inside one cover. Both of these stories are fun, filled with joyful, sexy banter. The stories are connected, telling how a sister and her firefighting brother found their love's for the Christmas with each other's best friend. The stories have 'happy for now' ending, and lots of sexy scenes.
In the first story, both Alexis and Layton have bad experiences with past romance, but the attraction between them is strong, and not something they can resist for a long. The only h
Andrea Guy
Dec 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
A Wrong Bed Christmas is a twofer. Two novellas that are intertwined. The two stories involve two bffs and two super hot guys. I usually like the premise, but for some reason this book didn't work for me as much as I would have liked it to. I enjoyed it, but I have read better.

Alexis and Emma are one their way to Emma's parents when they get stuck in a storm. Alexis decides to stop back home thinking her brother was working, only he finishes up and arrives home with a friend who finds his way i
Elle Markov
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In this fun two for one, we get two very hot holiday romances involving firemen, because we all know being hot is a requirement to be a fireman.

In the first story we have Alexis Matheson and Layton Davis, who after a very unconventional and hilarious start, find they may have just met their other half.

In the second story we have Erik Matheson and Emma Brent. Since Alexis is unable to accompany her friend on a little road trip, her brother Erik volunteers. With a little snow, an ill advised detou
Danielle
Oct 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed that this book was two books in one with the first telling the story from the perspective of one couple and the next told a similar story from the perspective of the second couple. I also appreciated how it wasn't boringly repetitive in the short explanation given where the stories overlapped. It was more like tuning in to a favorite TV series of which you already know the backstory. I was surprised though at how descriptive and semi vulgar the more intimate moments were written ...more
Wendy Jensen
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
A unique romance story, actually stories. There are two stories in the book one of Alexis Matheson and the events of the weekend her way and the other story of her brother Erik Matheson and how the weekend turned out for him. Alexis and her girlfriend, unknown to Erik, end up spending the night at his home. Erik and his friend return to Erik's house in the early hours of the morning exhausted from fire fighting. They each end up in bed with a hot lady. The weekend just keeps getting better from ...more
Princess Thuy
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Two hot and sexy stories in one book. What more can you ask for? It was really great how both authors tied in their stories with the other's. The first story is about Alexis and Layton while the second story is about Alexis' best friend, Emma and Alexis' brother, Erik. I loved how the stories developed. Just wish there was an epilogue so we can read what happened when all four reunited after the storm. A little something extra to give me that finalized HEA would've been nice.
Kj
Oct 22, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. The first story, Ignited, was just ok. I really don't like when characters go on and on about their exes and constantly compare the people that are currently in their lives to past, failed relationships. Still, it was an ok read. The second story, Where there's smoke by Liz Talley, was fantastic.
Judith Follo
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love how the two stories go hand in hand. There was never a boring moment in either story. They both had a good pace and felt like a great escape. All four characters were lovable and easy to get to know. You could enjoy this book like one does a romantic comedy or even a soap opera from back in the day. Can't go wrong purchasing this one!!
Isha Coleman
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kimberly Van Meter and Liz Talley supplied the inferno. A Wrong Bed Christmas consists of cute stories with super hot characters and situations that will leave steam coming out of every pore. This fiery anthology has what it takes to turn you on and make you smile. Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: december-2015
I only liked this book because where there's smoke was cute and the whole scenario they were in was adorable. Ignited was just annoying to me because "sassy" characters come off bitchy and annoying to me when done poorly and that was this case. It was also kind of lame.
Carole
Feb 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Very frustrating - neither story impressed - cliched writing, annoying people in first book and second not much better. DNF

Toasted from Ebook Library - can't believe I had to pay for this as part of my Blaze Subscription.
Harlequin Books
"These two authors work well to create one cohesive story with two distinct scenarios in their own voices" (RT Book Reviews, 4 stars).

Miniseries: The Wrong Bed
Jamie
Dec 27, 2015 added it
Shelves: first-reads
It is a good quick read, usually with two novellas in the same book they have the same theme. But I really enjoyed how they connected throughout the stories as well. For them each being realitively short, the characters had a decent amount of depth. So glad I won this one.
Michelle Palmer
Dec 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
The first story was a bit weak. The characters were two dimensional and the sex scenes were not well written.

The second story was much better. The characters were well written. Their motivations were real. The sex scenes were hot.

Darlene Otet
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received the book for free through Goodreads Giveaways. I loved this book! A little more erotic than I am used to but otherwise a great book. Two books in one - and both are very good romance stories - and how can you go wrong with a Christmas romance - loved it!
Seanna Yeager
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun and passionate, duo of novellas to get you into the Christmas spirit.

Thanks Netgalley for the free review copy, in exchange for an honest review.
Shannon Shields
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved both stories. Can't wait until Alexis, Layton, Emma and Erik meet up after the snow storm clears up.

• Rolling Like Thunder (Thunder Mountain Brotherhood, #3)
  • Snowed In with Her Ex (Brides and Belles, #1)
  • Game On (Last Bachelor Standing, #1)
  • A SEAL's Fantasy (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #5)
  • Triple Dare (The Art of Seduction, #3)
  • From Fake to Forever (Newlywed Games #2)
  • The Billionaire's Daddy Test (Billionaires and Babies, #2)
  • Wild Weekend
  • Wanton Christmas Wishes (includes: Self-Made Men, #1; 93rd Highlanders, #1; Diable Delamere, #2.5)
  • No Strings...
  • A Cowboy Returns (Wild Western Heat, #1)
  • The Millionaire's Deception (Men of the Zodiac, #2)
  • The Player Next Door