Start by marking “Family Jewels” as Want to Read:
Family Jewels

Family Jewels

Corbin Ford, aka the Nightwatchman, named for the antique pocket watches he leaves behind at jobs, has been in the cat-burgling business for years. His father was. His grandfather was. His mother is still one of the most renowned thieves. Corbin likes his high-profile heists, priceless paintings from private collections, artifacts from museums, but his favorite? Jewels. ...more
Published April 27th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Family Jewels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Family Jewels

Start your review of Family Jewels
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I'm not going to review or rate this book. It wouldn't be fair, as I'm silently fuming.

Please note: This is totally a personal, subjective reaction. It in no way reflects the merits of the book or the quality of the writing.

WHY, you ask?

~~BIG SPOILER~~ ahead; do NOT read if you don't want to know:

(view spoiler)
Trisha Harrington
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

How could the book end like that? How? There has to be a sequel! I need a sequel to this book!

Now that I’ve got that out of the way, on to the rest of the story. Family Jewels is a mystery/crime novel with romance woven in. Things between the MCs is complicated because of their chosen careers. Luke has been searching for a thief who just so happens to be Corbin.

The two of them meet in a pub and have a one night stand. At least that’s what it’s supposed to be. But they continue seeing
Tina
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it

Family Jewels is a well written, fast paced mystery romance. Loved Luke and Corbin, those two are adorable and HOT together.

I didn't mind the open ending... it's a perfect ending (no cliff hanger!) for a follow up to come. :)

A girl can dream, right?
Breann
So. Much. Fun.

Corbin has been in the family business for years. Because of his job, he doesn't do relationships, until he met Luke and knew he wanted more with him. He didn't tell Luke what he does for a living, since he assumed Luke wouldn't go for the whole cat-burglar business. So, he kept it to himself, and unfortunately, Luke kept his true profession a secret, too. Luke works for Interpol. Specifically, catching a certain burglar who goes after precious jewels.

Aside from their secrets, they
Sheri
So this was fantastic...for 90% of the story but it was clearly missing the last 10% in my opinion.
I really enjoy O'Shea's writing.
I really liked these guys.
I really enjoyed the excitement and suspense.
I just...wish it would have had a more solid ending.
I can't even consider it a cliffy because I feel like we hadn't even made it to that point.
Super frustrating.... and I'll settle on 3 stars which could have been at least 4.
Carly
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved the story... fast paced, engaging, and unpredictable... but hated the ending. Unresolved romance, HFN, sequel pending, whatever you want to call it when a story stops with a teaser. I thought it left way too many unanswered questions, which ruined it for me when I found out a sequel is not in the future.
Morgan  Skye
May 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Corbin is a thief, he meets Luke in a bar, they hook up and find each other irresistible. Their one night stand goes on and the next thing you know – boyfriends! But… Luke is not the businessman he pretended to be and is in fact a policeman on the lookout for Corbin!

When Luke finds out Corbin agrees to help the police solve a murder in exchange for leniency but when the time comes to face the trial can Corbin go through with it?

SPOILER WARNING AT THE END OF REVIEW

I really enjoy MJ O’Shea’s
Veronica of V's Reads
This review was originally written for Joyfully Jay Reviews and can be accessed here.

Luke Eldridge is an Interpol Art Crimes Inspector stationed in London. He’s originally from South Carolina and has a strong friendship with his fellow inspector, Rob. They are investigating a jewelry heist that bears remarkable similarity to a string of robberies 20 years prior—cases Rob and Luke studied in the Academy together. Hallmarks left on the scene point to the long-cold case of the Nightwatchman. Could
Alex Akira
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars! Readers looking for a good contemporary detective-thief male/male romance with a realistic edge will find much to love about this slice-of-life tale of Corbin, a clever thief who is torn between two thrills: stealing jewels and his new lover, Luke Eldridge, the Interpol agent who is trying to catch him.

This is a solid and stimulating story with much to love and I really enjoyed its inside-scoop approach that shed much light on the dynamics involved in both the criminal and government
AGandyGirl
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it
So this was my second by this author and what a different journey this one was. Corkscrewed was such a surprisingly fantastic read that I just expected more here.

I really enjoyed how this booked opened and my only initial complaint was the continuous time jumps and therefore lack of relationship development that I felt could have really enhanced what was taking place between them. I mean we get an initial hookup and then miss the next SEVEN dates. SEVEN! Really?

But they came together for me
llv
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Rating: 3 stars
This book was a bit of a slog for me to get through. I bought it on a whim for 99cents from DSP’s website. It had been sitting in my TBR file for a long time. So, I knew going in that I probably was predisposed not to like it. In some ways, it was better than I expected. I really liked both Corbin and Luke as the MCs. I thought they had good chemistry together.

The beginning of the book was good. I really enjoyed the fact that they were seeing each other and neither knew who the
Debbie
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not happy about the way the story ended, but it works for the story. They could have tried to tie it up in a bow but there's no way it would have been believable. Once things fell apart in the story I was wondering how the 2 MCs would make it out together. I really enjoyed the story, a lot of fun to read. Not to mention that Corbin and Luke were hot together.
Alison
Likeable and easy. I wanted something that wasn't "too hard" and this worked nicely. It's a thief/detective romance and it's very pleasant. The ending is quite open and will likely frustrate many who are looking for a nice HEA. Perhaps a sequel is in the works?
Marbea Logan
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story very suspenseful and endearing in terms of the romance. The story was well written and the characters were complex but very intriguing in there own rights.
Andrea
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable and I'd love to see more of these characters. I loved the story and there is so much more these men can get up to. Sequel, please.
Love Bytes Reviews
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 heart review by Vicki

Luke Eldridge is an agent for Interpol, living in London, along with his friend and fellow agent Rob. Luke is single, just having the occasional hook-up, but has never had a relationship. Luke and Rob are called out to the scene of a burglary, only to discover the thief has left the same calling card as a well-known thief they both studied in school years before. The thief stole some jewelry from a safe, and left a pocket watch and a bit of poetry. The two men are
ItsAboutTheBook
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: whit
Review can be read at It's About The Book

Family Jewels is a sweet and sexy mystery about two men from very different worlds. One a law man and other a criminal. Corbin is the son of a famous thief that is now retired. Corbin is not. He decides he’d like to leave his own imprint on the world with a nod to his dad by leaving his signature watches at the scenes. That could be sort of sweet in a messed up way if he wasn’t doing it mostly to mess with the cops. Corbin craves the rush
Alicia Nordwell
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
**I received a review copy of this eBook in exchange for an honest review**

Family jewels features... jewels! We meet a fine arts thief with a penchant for jewels in particular and an Interpol agent whose job it is to catch him... and they meet up and fall for each other completely by accident. But how long can that really last?

I won't go more into the plot because once the groundwork is set, the story makes some twists and turns I'd hate to spoil. There were a few details that cropped up, like
Joyfully Jay
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

I adored this book. The conflict is so strong! Luke is hunting Corbin, and Corbin is trapped. Not because he wants to “play” Luke, because he has fallen in love with his adversary. He tries to stop stealing, but it’s almost an obsession for Corbin. He has no need of the money; he’s a magpie, always stealing the brightest, shiniest to satisfy his adrenaline rush. But being in love is a rush he didn’t understand, and I was so in tune with both of these guys as they
Joyfully Reviewed
Corbin Ford is following in the career path of his family as an international jewel thief. His father was known as the Nightwatchman and never caught. Corbin’s mother is still pulling off elaborate heists when boredom sets in. She has no plans to retire at the moment like dear old dad. Though Corbin has more than enough tucked away he’s not ready to walk away either. In truth he’s recently resurrected the Nightwatchman to stump the police in Europe.

American Luke Eldridge joined Interpol’s Art
Grace
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun, fairly quick read. 3.5 rounded up.

I liked the concept, and I loved the connection between Corbin and Luke. It felt very believable, and I thought the author did a good job really building up their relationship. I also thought she did a good job showing the tension and how torn Corbin was on trying to give up his thieving so that he could just be with Luke.

I know that he'd have to be caught, but I liked how it was done, and I really loved Luke's reactions. He didn't just sweep things under
Nat ReadingAllNite
Oct 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This review will be spoilerish...

I wanted to like this lots more than I did. It should have been an interesting twist on a "Thomas Crown Affair" sort of suspense/romance. It didn't have any real edge to it. I was actually getting rather bored through much of the first half or so. It was a nice romance building and I'm sure the author wanted to show a solid basis for Corbin and Luke falling in love. It was too much, though. Several dates, going to the market and out for dinner. Then they met
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
I really liked Corbin and Luke. I liked their chemistry and the way their relationship played out. It felt like a Romeo and well... Tybalt LOL

One of the men is on the right side of the law, the other, not so much. This is what intrigued me to read the story. Through the first 50% you were just waiting for the other shoe to drop, around every corner, just expecting him t get busted. It made my palms a little sweaty. Then they become their own version of Sherlock and Watson, as Corbin once joked
UnusualChild{beppy}
3 stars

Synopsis: Luke is Interpol and the art theft division, and when he and his team are called to a scene, they recognize the MO of a thief that was never caught and was last operational several years ago. He heads out to a gay pub that night and meets Corbin. He only wants a one night stand, but he and Corbin hit it off and keep meeting up. Corbin is a thief, and just happens to run into Luke after he did a job. As Luke and Corbin get to know one another, Luke tells Corbin what he does for a
Vanessa Sims
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
So in my head this is going to be a HFN, because seriously that ending.

Luke works for Interpol and he is after NW2. He and his partner have been searching for the jewel thief for quite sometime until they get a break in the case.

Corbin is good at what he does, but when he finds love, he decides he wants to reconsider his life choices until he is caught at the scene of a crime.

Luke and Corbin meet at a bar and hit it off. They start to see each other and when things start to get serious Luke
Molly Lolly
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Original review on Molly Lolly
Four stars!
Corbin and Luke’s romance was amazing. Their feelings for each other were so strong. I loved seeing how they built their relationship slowly and handled all of the pitfalls in their way. You could feel Corbin’s struggle between doing the right thing and what he was compelled to do. I was hurt right along with Luke, who was completely shattered. The murder aspect was so much of a loop. I didn’t expect who the bad guy wound up being. It was a total
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
My review is in spoiler tags because it hasn't been edited yet. It probable has too much negative stuff as that's what I tend to think to write down. If I'm enjoying myself, I don't want to stop reading!

There could be actual spoilers, though, so you've been warned.

(view spoiler)
Suze
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
There's a reason it's a favourite trope - thief and investigating LEO meeting socially but also playing the cat &mouse game over their professions!
And there is always the tension of when Luke (the LEO) will find out so Corbin is under lots of stress once he knows Luke true profession - you can feel that tension fly away when he is caught, only to be replaced with despair.
The second half of the book needs a bit of suspension of reality as Luke and Corbin are set up together to chase down the
Diverse
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-2015-reads
I had love for this book! It reminded me a lot of The Thomas Crown Affair and I did like that movie. Corbin comes from a bloodline of expert thieves so naturally he would go for the detective investigating the crimes he's committing. I had a gut feeling early on that there was no way this was going to end well. I won't give anything away but I'll say my heart ached a lot during this book. It was quite a bittersweet read for me but nonetheless amazing. MJ O'Shea wrote an intriguing, suspenseful, ...more
Inked Reads
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
FourStars
This isn’t a realistic heist caper, but it is a fast-paced, exciting story. Luke and Corbin are charming, attractive men. Supporting characters are well-developed, dialogue is beautifully written and the story is soaked in the quiet glamour of old-money London.

There is great chemistry between the two leads and the action culminates in an unusual ending. This is for anyone who likes a little bit of glamorous fantasy and unlikely romance mixed into their crime stories.

I was given this in
Dreamspinner Press: Family Jewels by M.J. O'Shea 1 12 Apr 27, 2015 10:21PM

• The Shared Harvest
  • The Spanking Ransom
  • Royal Assassin (Farseer Trilogy, #2)
  • Assassin's Quest (Farseer Trilogy, #3)
MJ O’Shea has never met a music festival, paintbrush, or
flower crown she can stay away from. She loves rainstorms
and a perfect cup of tea, beach days, music, bright colors, and
more than anything a cozy evening with a really great book.

She is from the Pacific Northwest. While she still lives there
and loves it, MJ has the heart of a wanderer. So she puts all
her dreams of far off places and