Start by marking “A Silent Voice, Volume 4 (A Silent Voice, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Silent Voice, Volume 4 (A Silent Voice, #4)

A Silent Voice, Volume 4

(A Silent Voice #4)

WORDS OF REASSURANCE

Once upon a time, Shoya was terribly cruel to Shoko, his elementary school classmate who couldn’t hear. To make up for his past sins, Shoya has devoted himself to repaying the debt of happiness he owes. So when Shoko faces a romantic setback, Shoya assembles some familiar faces from their past for a trip to the amusement park that may just change thing
Published November 24th 2015 by Kodansha Comics (first published June 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Silent Voice, Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Silent Voice, Volume 4

Fatima Ahmed
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warning:
Don't start reading this volume unless you made sure that you are reading it alone, where there is no one at the same room. (Make sure to have a tissue box nearby as well)

This Volume is full of events. A peek at Nishimiya Family's past, what their reaction was when they discovered Shouko's deafness, how they ended up raised by a single mother, their life with granny the kindest heart in the universe.

The chapters talking about granny hit me with a force I can't describe! I wasn't able to
Biondy
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me after reading this volume:

There were so many things going on in this volume. Sometimes it didn't move smoothly, but I still enjoy it.
Matthew
If you remember correctly in my previous review for this magnificent series, I went on a lengthy rant about why I hate Naoka and pretty much this is the volume where I believe if I was a girl and was getting abused by Naoka I would knock common sense into her and teach her not to mess with me. I disliked her and this volume secured that hatred that I wished she had disappeared from the series all together.

The manga begins right where the story ended in the 3rd volume which is Shoko told Shoya t
Anna Banana
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
4.5 stars!

Honestly this story just gets more and more better. It's kind of slow-paced but I like the direction it's heading in :)
Jess 📚
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series gives me a lot of feelings.
Olivia | Liv's Library
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The sister relationship... 😭
Kät
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how or when but this series has grown on me so quickly over the last three volumes and it's slowly creeping up on Death Note and Tokyo Ghoul as a new favourite manga series!!
Phoenix2
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: manga readers
Shelves: manga-manhwa
4.5 stars. This is soooo good!!
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

This is a review of volumes 4-5 which I read together back to back. See the plot section for my thoughts on the individual volumes.

The Premise

We start meeting some of the other bullies in A Silent Voice vol 4. One of these is Nao, Shoya's contemporary from middle school. He didn't realize that she liked him back then. She has her own regrets from that time, that unfortunately have nothing to do with bullying Shoko and everything to do with bull
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars

The middle was a little bit mehh, but the ending definitely made up for it.

That ending, you guys! I'm crying.
I love me a good shojo, thank you for all the feels. Also, I love how we got a backstory about Nishimiya and Yuzu's mother, and .... I'm heartbroken!

I cannot wait to see where this story goes.

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG

Kate
3.25/5stars

hear me out;

the first half of this volume i personally really disliked cause it was mostly about a character i HATE and find totally irredeemable so i hated read it - it was like a 2/5stars

the second half was WONDERFUL and i LOVED it and it was SO EMO AND SAD and would have been a solid 4.5/5stars

so i'm putting it at the middle and saying 3.25
(librarycutie) Courtney Anderson
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2019
the thing i love about this series is that it discusses very important topics and deals with friendships and just overall building a relationship with someone. i love the sister relationship between yuzuru and shoko, they’re just so cute. the only problem i have is when it becomes a little confusing, like some characters are brought in and they’re just there for show or sometimes the dialogue is confusing, but overall it’s very enjoyable and i’m obsessed with the story!!
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jerry
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good story in this series, minus the profanity and immodest dress.
Taylor Ramirez
Lindsey
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Everybody is so damaged! Just goes to show you never really know what someone has been through so we can't judge.

Related image
One-Edgy-Anti-Hero
For a clash of King's Challenge: Sequel

4.5
David Schaafsma
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gn-disab, manga
The fourth volume is an improvement over the third, and this continues to be a very good teen series about friendships, disabilities, and the loneliness and angst that comes about when you don't really know how to properly communicate your feelings, which continue to change dramatically, of course. More secondary characters develop and complicate the scene in this one. Family issues come into play, too. This is one of the better teen manga series I am reading, for sure.
Jenna
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Easily one of my favorites so far. These just keep getting better and better!
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 漫画
The series continues to go strongly....this one had some very emotional moments.
Neil R. Coulter
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Ferris Wheel Volume. Nothing about this story is going to be straightforward or easy. As I thought, we're starting to get more background into Shoko's past and family—her grandmother, who has only been mentioned up to this point, and why her mother acts the way she does. Learning all of that through the major events of this book is heart-rending.

If I liked this volume a little less than the previous ones, then I think it's because the story is getting bigger and moving away from the origins.
Aleksandra
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
4.5

The best volume in the series so far!

It was such a rollercoaster of emotions, of complexities of human relationships.
I love the development between Shoko and Shoya, realistic portrayal of friendships and the familial relationships.
Shoko is learning that he’s worthy of having friends, he can feel happiness. He sees his friend suffering and he reaches out because he believes he can help, he wants to help, he’s worthy of supporting his friends.

One day I’ll write a proper review to this manga.
Fo
Kenji
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally! A book about humans! No villains. It's actually radical to think of the world like this: no villains, hence no good guys (including you/me). A beautiful, simply human story. href="https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4... is on how to make friends, meaning it is a political act to do so: more significant than voting. On how violence is human, and actually a great chance to see people's (the "rapist", and "victim") humanity. It is humans, and while doing it, still humans.
Jenny Clark
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This is dealing with alot if real life issues. Naoka and Shoko just dont get aling and it does not look like they ever will.
Shoko's grandmother passes away as well, and we see a new side of her mother. I feel more sympathy for her now, especially after seeing Shokos father ask for a divorce just because she gave birth to a deaf child. I'd like to smack him a time or dozen.
Saphirablue
Adriana
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
So many emotions.
Aaron
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Among other things, this manga is a brutal depiction of anti-deaf prejudice.
Julie
I want to know more about Shoko!! I wish Shoya would just be straight forward and ask her things, but I know it's hard for him. I'm really enjoying these though and I can't wait to finish. :)
Courtney (courtney & books)
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-in-2017
Another good installment in the series. The plot is starting to move forward again and we also got some good backstory and character development. I highly recommend this series
Aja: The Narcoleptic Ninja
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one picked up again. There's been a lot more character development and I'm really enjoying the story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• A Bride's Story, Vol. 3 (A Bride's Story, #3)
  • 僕だけがいない街 7 [Boku dake ga Inai Machi 7]
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 7 (Mixed Vegetables, #7)
  • ホリミヤ 5 (Horimiya #5)
  • Barakamon 2
  • The Voices of a Distant Star
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 2
  • 君に届け 29 (Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, #29)
  • よつばと! 13 (Yotsuba&! #13)
  • Orange 4 (オレンジ, #4)
  • 俺物語!! 11 [Ore Monogatari!! 11] (My Love Story!!, #11)
  • Quartier lointain, Tome 2
OOIMA Yoshitoki: 大今良時
Associated Names: Yoshitoki Ohima

Even though her one-shot Koe no Katachi won critical acclaim, it took a longsome law suit to get a magazine to publish it because of its socio-critical theme. Eventually, it was featured in the February edition of Bessatsu Shounen Magazin, where it placed first, and later in the 12th edition of the 2013 Weekly Shounen Magazine.

She has also coll

A Silent Voice (7 books)
  • A Silent Voice, Volume 1 (A Silent Voice, #1)
  • 聲の形 2 [Koe no Katachi 2] (A Silent Voice, #2)
  • 聲の形 3 [Koe no Katachi 3] (A Silent Voice, #3)
  • 聲の形 5 [Koe no Katachi 5] (A Silent Voice, #5)
  • 聲の形 6 [Koe no Katachi 6] (A Silent Voice, #6)
  • 聲の形 7 [Koe no Katachi 7] (A Silent Voice, #7)