Start by marking “Happy” as Want to Read:
Happy

Happy

(Emma Dodd's Love You Books)

This new addition to Emma Dodd’s much-loved sequence of animal books features a tenderly composed rhyming text, heartwarming illustrations, and flurries of foil throughout. Exploring the loving relationship between one little owl and his mommy, this beautifully designed, padded picture book is certain to become a bedtime favorite.
Published December 8th 2015 by Nosy Crow

To ask other readers questions about Happy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy

Start your review of Happy
Kirstie Ellen
Aug 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Happy is a sweet board book that will warm the cockles of your heart. This is a book I've since passed on to my sister who is expecting her first and the lovely message in this book brought tears to our eyes. This cute story about a mamma owl and a baby owl tells the story of how happy it makes the mamma to see her baby happy. This is sure to bring a smile to your face!

Not only that, but the plush pillowing of the front cover and the foiled details make this visually stunning and keep you touchi
W. Mike
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simple rhymes that should make anyone happy. The colored drawing are nice. Young children will love it.
Little Ducky
Nov 08, 2021 added it
Shelves: age-1, 0-12-mo, own
I love the owls in this story. I'm really good at saying, "whoo, whoo!" 👶 ...more
winda
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
and when you are not happy and the sky seems rather grey. I'll do my very best to chase the gloomy clouds away.
I love it when you cuddle close and whisper, "I love you" and
I am happiest of all..when you are happy too

love the illustrations, soo cuteee especially the last two pages
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful gold foil accents add a special touch to the cute pictures of a baby owl and its parent. The story is simple but sweet and has been a lovely bedtime read with my 2.5 year old son over the last couple of weeks.
Rebecca
Well, if this isn't just the cutest thing I've ever seen. Great rhyme and adorable illustrations, complete with gold foil accents. ...more
Tina Morrow
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
These books have inspired us to draw!
Tayler K
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is GORGEOUS. I saw it during check-in and had to check out to myself so I could take it all in. The story is told in the voice of the momma owl talking to her little chick. The text is beautiful (and for some reason made me a little sad) but the real star is the art. The illustrations are nicely textured and the colors are varied without being overstimulating. The super most exciting part for me though was the gold foil on the front cover and every other spread! It's so stunning. Even ...more
Kathleen
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book made me...well...Happy. With beautiful illustrations and shiny gold embellishments, it's a pretty book to look at. But never one to judge a book by it's cover (though exceptions can be made in children's books) the little rhyme about a parent owl and a child owl made me smile. This is a simple sweet book about feelings, but not overly gushing. And I like that it acknowledges that sometimes we just aren't happy and that's okay. This will not be the only book from Emma Dodd we read. ...more
Ashley Adkins
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I bought this board book as a baby shower gift and absolutely love it. The text is short, simple, and accurately portrays how I feel as a parent. The illustrations use warm and inviting colors to show the relationship between parent and child. Good emotional read for adult and baby. Would recommend for a baby gift.
Kelly
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Picture books about owls are one of my favorite kinds of books. I loved this cheery, inspiring book about how a little one's happiness makes their parents happy, too! I also enjoyed the gold-accented illustrations. ...more
Tiffany May Ross
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: andis-shelf
I think I have this one memorized by now ❤️. Dodd conveys big truths, that every mother can identify with, in a brilliant, poetic, simplicity... which my three year old is able to contemplate. This is not an easy fast. I love reading this aloud at bedtime.
Nadina
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books-e
This was really simple and also really pretty. I loved the gold that alternated on every page. The text was simple and it was quite a lovely story. I loved the message. Definitely seems like a lovely read aloud for young kids.
It makes me want to check out the rest of the series.
L.A. James
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
The foil is what really made the book for me. I think it really adds to the illustrations.
Adrienne
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
My kids really enjoyed the illustrations and wanted to touch all of the pretty gold parts of each spread. A sweet book.
Wendy
Sweet rhyming story of the emotional bond between parent and child as illustrated by adorable birds. Lovely gold accents shine throughout.
toddler storytime; read-aloud; lapsit; emotions
Kelly
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Through illustrations of a mama owl and a baby owl, this book tells of a mama being happy when here baby is happy.
Heather McC
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Celebrating family love and other things that make us happy.
Michelle
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cass and Xander's favorite new picture book ...more
Tia-Renee
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fletcher and I really enjoy this and it’s a regular read
nami

Loved it
Sarah Newman
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hardcopy, for-sh, own
This is a very sweet book, with absolutely gorgeous illustrations. I read it six times in a row for the smol this evening.
Paris Chanel
Shelves: baby-board-books
Our 9 month old daughter's favorite book for the past 5 months! ...more
Dana Storytime Account
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really love the gold on the pages for these illustrations, it just makes it slightly more fun!
Margie
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
An adorable book! Really needed it today.
Cristen Elissa
This book is very sweet and the illustrations are gorgeous.
Debbie Gleason
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love love love this book. The message is poignant yet simple. It is fun to read out loud and impactful to all ages including the wee ones!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Duck on a Bike
  • The Couch Potato (The Bad Seed, #4)
  • With Lots of Love
  • We Will Rock Our Classmates
  • A Parade of Elephants
  • Dear Librarian
  • You Matter
  • And Then It's Spring
  • 極主夫道 5 (Gokushufudou: The Way of the House Husband, #5)
  • Duck! Rabbit!
  • A Library Book for Bear
  • Two Little Trains
  • Kitten's First Full Moon
  • Mama, Do You Love Me?
  • Blankie (A Narwhal and Jelly Board Book)
  • Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana
  • Norton and the Borrowing Bear
  • Merry Christmas, Gus
See top shelves…
Emma Dodd Author/Illustrator

Emma was brought up in Guildford, Surrey, in a family of artists and from as far back as she can remember she has wanted to be an illustrator.
Emma studied Graphic Design and Illustration at Central Saint Martin's School of Art and has worked extensively in advertising, editorial and book illustration.
She was nominated for the Booktrust Early Years Award in 2006 for her

Emma Dodd's Love You Books (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • No Matter What