Start by marking “Get Out of My Bath!” as Want to Read:
Get Out of My Bath!

Get Out of My Bath!

Ellie the elephant loves to have fun in the bath, but she’s not the only one. Her fun is interrupted when a crocodile decides to join her, followed by a flamingo, then a mouse and even a tiger! Poor Ellie’s bath is ruined. What can she do? She sucks all the water into her trunk, of course! Then she waits until all the uninvited animals have left before squirting it back. F ...more
Published August 4th 2015 by Nosy Crow

To ask other readers questions about Get Out of My Bath!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Out of My Bath!

KC
Adorable interactive book about bath time fun and games.
Jessica
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My fav picture book this year I think! Love the texture of the pages, love the art, love the activity! I can't wait to read this to JT while he is in the bathtub!

People who gave this low stars- did you open the book?
Vernon Area Public Library KIDS
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Baby-Toddler
Tilt and rock this book to try and get the other animals out of Ellie the elephant's bathtub. Glossy pages and large illustrations make this an eye-catching, attention-grabbing book for younger eyes and wiggly bodies.

Reviewed by: Miss Kelsey, Youth Services, Vernon Area Public Library
Elizabeth
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Super fun! I love the books where it tells you to do stuff.The pages kind of stick together though.
Susan Foster
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book invites the reader to engage with the story and "help" out the elephant. The water is represented by shiny pages.
Kimberly
Fun for little people. I feel like this was written by a desperate mom who really needed her kid to bathe.
Becky
Sep 09, 2015 added it
Shelves: read-aloud-ideas
Elephant is having fun in the bath, but soon everyone else wants to join in. Shiny pages and book-tilting action (making waves) add fun elements to this story.
Sunah Chung
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Get Out of My Bath! written by Britta Teckentrup tells a story about an elephant named Ellie. Ellie wants to enjoy her bath by herself, but other animal friends keep joining her in the bathtub. It starts getting crowded, so Ellie decides to suck all the water from the bathtub. After other animals leave the bathtub, Ellie could return to enjoying her bath again, telling readers that “Maybe it’s time for your bath now!”
Sometimes, children resist taking a bath because they do not want to be inter
The Library Lady
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Teckentrup is good at bath books (Big Smelly Bear is a favorite of mine for story time), and the interactive aspect works fine here.
Though I do think it's being done a little bit too much. Better than an "app", but can't kids just enjoy a story without prompted interaction? Do parents, teachers & librarians really need his to effectively do books with their kids?
I have reduced the rating by one star because of the paper used. As another reviewer commented (and I'm glad that means it wasn't
Linda DiGaetano
Story of Ellie the Elephant who while taking a bath has several visitors such as the Flamingo, a Crocodile and a Tiger to name a few and she wants the animals out of her tub. So she sucks up all the water with her trunk and they leave. After they have left she returns the water to the tub by releasing the water from her trunk to finish enjoying her soak alone. The pictures are cute as they may have the child transact with the story. This maybe useful with regards to children wanting to take a ba ...more
Alicia Evans
Ellie is a cute elephant who wants to play in the bath, and the book adds some interactive instructions to let the reader do things like help make waves. The plot is silly, the illustrations have slightly varied textures, and the interactive element adds nicely to the story.

For: readers wanting an interactive book; elephant fans; readers needing a book about bath time.

Possible red flags: some readers may find the book too anxiety-inducing.
Kara Pirko
This book offered a hands-on experience for the reader allowing them to tilt and shake the book. I think that the illustrations were fun and very adorable for children to look at. The actual text of the book was not rich in content, but that is okay for the intended audience of this book. I think that I would read this to preschoolers allowing the children to pass around the book to tilt and shake it.
Chelsea
This is a hilarious interactive book that is perfect for the young ones! While the book tells the reader what to do, and it involves physically using the book, you are able to customize the words to fit what it is you want the littles to do; i.e. instead of shake the book, the kiddos can shake their bodies. I cannot wait to read this book again and watch the expressions on the littles faces.

Read during Toddler Time on June 18th, 2018.
Carlie Raybuck
This is a great book to read before bath time. It is an interactive book so the child will have fun reading through the book. To make bath time fun, you could reenact the characters and pretend the child is the elephant with different play animals coming in. The textured pages add a cool element to the story as well.
Michelle Matash
I really enjoyed this book. It was very short, but the illustations were great. I liked the use of plastic for water. It didn't have much development, but I think this would be great for very young children before bath time. The text involves the reader to move the book in certain directions to help Ellie move around in the water. I think this will engage the reader.
ashley folman
Get Out of My Bath, is a great book. Its about an elephant that loves to play in the water which means she loves baths. But so does her friends, keep jumping in her bath and splashing all around and ellie doesn't seem to like it. So, she finds a solution and sucks allll the water up so no one could play anymore.
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book. I think it is funny and fun. I read it to a group of 2-year olds and they perhaps did not love it as much as I did, but it was the last book of three and at the end of their attention spans. I still think it is a very fun book. I love the interactivity and the art work.
Molly Cluff (Library!)
One of those books that's super easy to incorporate actions into (shaking the book, instructions to say certain things, etc). In this one, Elephant is trying to take a bath, but other animals keep hopping in. This would be great for a toddler or preschool on bathtime/"squeaky clean".
Alisha
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I love interactive picture books. It's often the only way I can get my four year old to sit through an entire book. I thought at first this one wasn't going to entertain him, but he was charmed by the animals, the smooth and shiny bathwater, and there was just enough action to keep him involved.
Diana Valdivia-Rodriguez
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love, fiction, water, animals, toys
Heather
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super cute, fun book for bathtime for pre-K.
Ame
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wonderfully interactive text!
Jen
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A solid choice to get reluctant kids to take a bath and for an interactive book to use in story time. The water in the book is highligted with a super shiny coating, adding to the fun experience.
Joy Keil
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clara
Fun!
My 3 year old received for her birthday and really enjoys it. It's interactive, has fun illustrations, plus the "water" feels funny. A hit!
Alyssa Tabor
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute! Perfect for storytime!
Donna Mork
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interactive book. Tilt to left or right, shake book etc.
Heather
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
fun, funny, cute
i loved the interactive-ness of the book
Elena Maddox
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Bath time. Elephants. Good for babies, toddlers, and pre-K.
Erin
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-age-3-up
Really cute book with slight textures on the pages. My kids loved it.
Nancy
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby
Great pre-bath story! I had fun tilting and shaking the book to do my part to help!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Nose to Toes, You Are Yummy!
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • There's a Bear on My Chair
  • How to Wash a Woolly Mammoth
  • Open Very Carefully: A Book with Bite
  • Peck, Peck, Peck
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • The Whale in My Swimming Pool
  • Simon's New Bed
  • Hickory Dickory Dog
  • A Parade of Elephants
Britta Teckentrup was born in Germany and moved to England in 1988. She is the author and illustrator of many books for children. She now lives in Berlin with her husband and young son.