Start by marking “I Wish You Were Mine (Oxford, #2)” as Want to Read:
I Wish You Were Mine (Oxford, #2)

Read Book

I Wish You Were Mine

(Oxford #2)

Perfect for fans of Alice Clayton and Emma Chase, Lauren Layne’s Oxford series heats up in this story of forbidden desire as a brooding jock hoping for a comeback falls for a woman who’s strictly off-limits.

A year ago, Jackson Burke was married to the love of his life and playing quarterback for the Texas Redhawks. Now he’s retired, courtesy of the car accident that ruined
Published February 2nd 2016 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about I Wish You Were Mine, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Mou.Farjanaymail.Com yap it has HEA. and Molly's sister is a B***h.

Start your review of I Wish You Were Mine (Oxford, #2)
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{Netgalley ARC}

photo a9cf2c308ef340834fc5200efc28e6c0_zpssv8kts9q.jpg

This book was just what I needed to get over a disappointing read. Lauren Layne's books are definitely sure to bring a smile to your face. I haven't had a chance to read the first book in The Oxford Series, but after having finished this, I plan on finding the time to read about Cole and Penelope!! It started off a little slow and I wasn't sure if it was a good idea having the heroine be the little sister of the hero's ex wife, but in the end IT WORKED!! I s
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
3.75~ 4 STARS

[image error]

Laurent Layne delivers a very sticky situation in the second book of this series. The story begins eight years earlier with the young heroine’s first interactions with the hero. It was a great way to grab a reader’s attention and start this story.

”Tonight at her sister’s wedding, Mollie Carrington had gone and fallen head over heels in love. With the groom.”

description

Eight years later, we have a brand new addition to the Oxford Magazine staff, former Texas Redhawks quarterb
• Lisa •
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
FOUR ALWAYS YOU STARS

"Mollie Carrington was twenty the first time she fell in love ..."

description

Nothing gets me more excited than a chance to spend my time reading a Lauren Layne novel. You can almost guarantee that you won't get much sense out of me during the time that this authors novel is in my hands. And this time around it wasn't any different. This author has a uncanny ability to make me addicted to her series and with plenty of characters to fall in love with I was giddy with excitement to re
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lauren Layne Fans, Romance
4 It's Stilettos & Oxfords Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
I happen to be a huge fan of the characters, theme and just feel goods of the Stilettos and now spin off Oxford series. Layne Layne created an environment based in New York City with all the hustle and bustle of what "making it there" means. She gave us characters who were driven in their careers; successful but still had normal relationship insecurities to make them human. The women and men alike each carried their own little "bag of garbage"
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4 "Mate-for-life worms!" stars***

I will start this review by saying that Lauren Layne never disappoints me!!!
So, why it took me so long to read this book???
The thing is that i got affected from various other reviews that was picturing this book like less good than the first book of the "Oxford" thing, but i think that i have to disagree with them...

For me, this book was even better than "Irresistible yours"!
Yes, it was kind of slow in the beginning and i think that was because both of ou
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more

I want to preface this by stating that I usually love Lauren Layne. I read all FOUR books in her Sex, Love & Stiletto series over the course of THREE days during one of my most recent palate cleanses, and I loved the first book in this series as well.

I WISH YOU WERE MINE wasn't a bad book . . . It was just MEH.

And by itself that's an accomplishment if you know the premise: cheating football player hooks up with the baby sister of his ex-wife.

Right? *edvard munch face*

But it turns ou
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.5 Stars

If you’ve read the blurb then already you know this is about a pair of sisters. One who married the man and the other who watched it all crash and burn then tried to help pick up the pieces. Sure this is shades of American Sweethearts in a very loose sense and maybe it isn’t for everyone because it is about sisters who eventually fall in love with the same man. I can’t even imagine liking the same type of man as my sister but….for whatever reason the sisters angle never bothered me. Pro
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
3.5 "Move on" Stars!
ARC provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
nfl

Lauren Layne became of my favourites authors when I read her amazing Stiletto series and I was so excited to read this one because I also loved Irresistibly Yours (the first book in this series). Well, let's just say I was not expecting what happened.

I Wish You Were Mine is the second installment in the Oxford series (the spin-off of Sex, Love & Stiletto) and it is about Jackson Burke (a divorced former NFL player t
Dali
A smoking hot forbidden romance between an acerbic and disgruntled ex-quarterback and the woman who’s always had his back but should be completely out of bonds to him since she’s his ex-wife’s younger sister.
"Tonight at her sister’s wedding, Mollie Carrington had gone and fallen head over heels in love. With the groom.”

Jackson Burke had it all. A successful career as a quarterback with a handful of Super Bowl rings and was married to his beautiful high school sweetheart. But car ac
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, na
2.5 Too Forbidden For Me Stars

You know how there are things that are just a no-no? Well, fucking your sister's ex-husband(even if said sister is Satan himself) is one of them. Lauren Layne has managed to pull off the whole "falling for your sister's boyfriend" for me but that time the sister had barely dated the guy. Not been married to him for years.

I thought that maybe LL would find a way to make the unacceptable, more...acceptable, but nope. I still think it shouldn't have happened. So, no ma
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
4.5 “It’s Always Been You” Stars

photo I wish you were mine_zpshwadhkuo.jpg
When I pick up a Lauren Layne book I have come to realize that I'm going to be transported into a very happy place. Witty dialogue, adorable characters, and a friends to lovers story that makes me smile, laugh and most of all creates happiness within.

This book is part of the Oxford series about a group of guys that are seriously hot, funny, cocky and super endearing. They are people you want to hang out with and be friends with. This is my second in the series
Lyndy Ann ♫
Jackson Burke is the new member of the Oxford gang he hates his job and New York all he wants to do is go back to Texas and coach football. He was a Quater Back at the top of his career until an accident destroyed his career and an ex wife destroyed his reputation.

Mollie Carrington is Jackson's ex sister in law (she has secretly been in love with Jackson for years) but they are also good friends and since Jackson has moved to New York she wants to reconnect with him, they haven't spoken much aft
Claire Robinson
2.5 - "I don't want any of that nonsense." Stars.

I am a big fan of Lauren Layne, and I am also a huge fan of the Stiletto & Oxford series'. What I am not a huge fan of is overblown familial drama, especially when the villain of the piece then pretty much walks away without getting their just desserts.

Mollie was likeable but a little unremarkable, I liked her interactions with Jackson and the Oxford guys, but I found her constant excuses for her sisters lies and abhorrent behavior really difficul
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
So, I've got mixed feelings about this one. The blurb alludes to Madison having been "the love of his life" but Jackson knew from the beginning what he was getting with his ex-wife. I loved Mollie with her awkward maid of honor speech and her intellectual babbling when she's nervous. Jackson too was a decent man dealt some shitty cards who is trying to figure out his game. The big turn off for me was.... our hero was married to Mollie's sister. Yeah, her sister was not a prize pony but it takes ...more
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.25 Stars!

photo 5D000D26-8E7A-45C0-B464-1D0F86A49D0A_zpshfrhrlr8.jpg

Lauren Layne hooked me with her Sex, Love & Stilletto series so when I'd heard she was going to write a spin-off series with the men of Oxford Magazine I was all over it. Both these series are filled with a sexy cast of characters that have humorous interactions as well as that comfortable camaraderie you find in long time friendships.

Jackson Burke's life is turned upside down when a car accident renders him retired from professional football. To add to his grief, his cheating w
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

**ARC kindly provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

♥ 4.5 stars ♥

While I was definitely disappointed that this wasn't Lincoln's story, Jackson was an extremely fun character to bring into the Oxford/Stiletto mix. I love how Layne had introduced him in Cole and Penelope's story, the first book in this wonderfully addicting new series.

Jackson was gruff, hurt, wounded, and kept to himself. It was nice seeing Layne mix it up (it's been so long since Paul and Michael's tortured stori
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
2 stars

I did like some parts of this book like catching up with the whole gang and the MCs was okay. But this was a miss for me mainly because it annoys me so much when I read about the ex that just won't go away and has as much book time as the heroine.

Also normally LLs banter are spot on but I missed it here and when there was some fun banter I felt it was all a bit forced. I still look forward to reading Lincoln's story.

ARC provided by NetGalley
Jayme
This is a lovely book, with a small dose of angst, which makes reading even more exciting.

About the plot: Jackson Burke, lost everything. Sports career, his wife and reputation. Now he is a fitness editor for Oxford Magazine and is not quite happy about that. He can't find himself in a new job and the city. He dreams to be back into the field and in Texas.

The only person who always had his back is a younger sister ex-wife, Mollie. Lost and alone decided to renew acquaintance and meet with her a
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 2f4e0e0e322fecd7ecccd9ea28eeb6_zps9oottlsw.gif

Confession time. I have a slight addiction to Lauren Layne and her books. And as fan, I knew I couldn't wait to get my hands on her newest release I Wish You Were Mine but at the same time I was a little nervous. So why was I nervous? Well, honestly I was a bit apprehensive and worried when I first read the blurb of a sister falling in love with her sister's ex-husband. But I didn't have to worry that much since Lauren Layne was able to
~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon US | Amazon UK

[image error]
I like this series, it's easy to read and light and fluffy, with maybe a very slight touch of angst. I Wish You Were Mine is the second book in the series which follows the loves and lives within the Oxford Magazine offices in NYC.

Former NFL Quarterback turned Fitness Editor Jackson Burke is thousands of miles away from his Texas home, having recently divorced his scheming ex-wife and with a shoulder injury that has ensured he will never
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

Of course I liked this book. Lauren Layne wrote it so that is kind of a given. I do have to say that this is my least favorite Lauren Layne book that I have read so far. I will admit that I didn't read the description before grabbing it. I saw the name on the cover and that was the end of my thought process when it came to selecting this book. This was probably a mistake on my end because I may have thought twice about reading this book if I
Mo
May 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quite bored a lot of the time. I wanted to punch Mollie for not seeing Madison for what she really was! A conniving cunty bitch. Jackson - don't like his picture on the cover of the book. LOL.

Overall, a fairly bland read. Enjoyed the first in the series much more.

I am having a bad run of books at the moment. Need a four or five star read soon!
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I put off reading this one because of the vastly different reviews for it, and the fact that most of them were not positive. I'm glad I did read it, because I did enjoy it for the most part. I liked their dialogue, I liked the side characters, and I liked the level of angst it provided (enough to give the magnitude of the situation it's due, but not so much it felt OTT). I found myself reading this very quickly because I was fully engaged and eager to find out what was
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
I Wish You Were Mine was fun, sexy, and sweet with its to die for males and females that I would love to have as my friends.  This is part of The Oxford Series, a spin-off from The Stiletto Series, and all of these stories have made me feel something I haven't felt in years.  You see, my favorite show ever is Friends...of course I have the DVDs, the game, and can quote for hours, but these two series are the first time since Friends has ended that I've felt back in a world somewhat similar t ...more
Jen
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars

Lauren Layne is always a hit with me and this time was no different. I Wish You Were Mine is the second book in her new Oxford series. This is the story of Jackson Burke and Mollie Carrington.

Jackson was a star quarterback in college. He met, chased, and finally caught the girl that he thought was the love of his life, Madison Carrington. But not long after their wedding, things started to go downhill for them. Then when Jackson was in a car accident that left him unable to play, his wife
Syndi
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first read on Oxford series. And its taking me by surprise. I end up liking this book very much. Credit to Jackson. He is my type of brooding alpha male. He still have tender side when it comes to Molly.

I like the chemistry between Molly and Jackson. They both push each ither buttons in such steamy way. Not sexual at first. But with heated banter. I love it especially Molly who is not afraid to push back Jackson. Molly is what Jackson needs to come out from his nasty divorce.

The aut
Marla Mei
My first finished read of the year and it was a bust.
Eh, I'm not counting it though because I started this last year lol.

Anyway, review to come.
Lea ★
This was such a pleasant surprise!
I loved it!
To describe it in three words: funny,smart and sexy.
I highly recommend it!
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

We meet Jackson at the very end of book one, and I didn't like him very much then. He grew on me during this book, and now I like him. Mollie has one seriously cray-cray sister. Jackson and Mollie were amazing together, but he almost lost her to his own stupidity. Love seeing all the Stiletto and Oxford gang. Great little "hints" about Lincoln...why do we have to wait till next December for his HEA?
Nadia
I've been a fan of Lauren Layne and her work ever since I first put my eyes on After the Kiss, the first book in her Love, Sex and Stiletto series. I've waited excitedly for every new book, reading them in a heartbeat and absolutely loving most of them (including the spin-off series Oxford, though Riley's story was a bit of a disappointment). So, it's really no wonder I jumped on the opportunity to read an early copy of Layne's new installment. What is a wonder though, I found it really hard to ...more
♥ BR ♥: I wish you were mine 31 30 Dec 22, 2015 08:53AM

• The Billionaire Bachelor (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1)
  • Now and Then (Dare to Love, #3)
  • Touch & Go (Dare to Love, #2)
  • Truth or Dare (Dare to Love, #1)
  • The Billionaire Next Door (Billionaire Bad Boys #2)
  • Private Practice (Private Pleasures, #1)
  • The Millionaire Affair (Love in the Balance, #3)
  • Eye Candy (Real Love, #1)
  • The Bastard Billionaire (Billionaire Bad Boys, #3)
  • All the Wrong Reasons: When something so wrong can feel so right! (Destiny's Games Book 1)
  • The Senator's Son
  • The Practice Proposal (Suddenly Smitten, #1)
  • Arm Candy (Real Love, #2)
  • About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)
  • Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4)
  • The Match (It Happened in Charleston, #1)
  • Out from Under You (Smart Girls Finish First #1)
  • Sustained (The Legal Briefs, #2)
Lauren Layne does not have a Goodreads account. Information about Lauren Layne books on this website is not monitored/maintained, and may or may not be accurate.

Oxford (5 books)
  • Irresistibly Yours (Oxford, #1)
  • Someone like You (Oxford, #3)
  • I Knew You Were Trouble (Oxford, #4)
  • I Think I Love You (Oxford, #5)