Start by marking “Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)” as Want to Read:
Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)

Passing His Guard (Against the Cage #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  1,172 Ratings  ·  119 Reviews
Aiden “Disco Stick” Kruze walked away from it all—money, family, friends, and a successful career as a lawyer in Manhattan—to pursue his dream of being an MMA fighter. When a sexy private investigator shows up at Aiden’s gym, he mistakenly assumes she’s a cage-banging groupie.

Ryann is determined to haul Aiden back home. She’s desperate to claim the reward money that will p
Published August 25th 2015 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Passing His Guard, please sign up.
Hard12luv His is coming out in March or April. I can't wait.

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Take a ride on Disco Stick Stars

*Spoilers*

"Baby, I've got so much testosterone pumping through my system right now, all I can think about is working it out on you."

photo 8480374_zpscetheuhd.gif

"Holy hell, you try my patience. Right now I can't decide what I want to do more, throttle you or fuck you."

Passing His Guard is the 2nd book in the Against the Cage series, but it can be read as a stand alone as I didn't read the first book, and had no problems following this one. This is the first book I have read by Melynda Pri
Sabrina
4 'Avocado Squeezing' Stars

Aiden 'Disco Stick' Kruze left his life in New York to pursue his dream of becoming a MMA fighting. He moves across the country to Las Vegas to train and leaves everything to do with his old life behind. But his past isn't going to let him go so easily and he can't keep running from it.

Ryann Andrews had her life take a drastic turn last month when her father was killed. Soon after his death a notorious mobster started contacting Ryann to pay her fathers debts. Despera
Ashleyjo
Jan 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
What's What

Ryann needs money to settle her dead dad's debt with the mob. In comes an offer to hunt down Aiden, a rich senator's son who ran away to become "Disco" the MMA fighter.

Disco meet Ryann. He's smitten and thinks that maybe she's not one of his usual "whores." When she asks to speak to him alone, he automatically assumes she's only after his shalong, determines she is a ho, & gets pissy before determining he still wants the (rhymes with pissy;)

Of course, once she tells him she
Tanja ~ KT Book Reviews
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Unfortunately this wasn't for me. The characters needed more depth. I understand what the author was going for, but it just didn't work.
Liz F
Aug 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

**This review is for a DNF**

I got to 35% in this book and I had to quit. I just couldn't handle one more second of the heroine's immature reactions or her stupid silences.

Ryann was one of the worst heroines I've read in a while. She's terminally stupid and pathetically immature. She clammed up when she met the hero long enough to assume that she was a whore. She did this not once but twice! She answers questions that don't matter but can't find
Maria11
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Impatient me started listening on the way to work, since my summer is now over and it's back to work. But I of course got so into the book I had to see what was going to happen so I read the rest!

Great story lots of twist! Kept you on the edge to see what was going to happen. Aiden was so freaking HOT! I want him! Ryann was a tough cookie in a terrible spot.

Action, plot twists, hot sex= awesome read!
Lisa
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was honoured to receive an ARC of this book for my honest review.

Where to start! I'm already a HUGE fan of Melynda Price's writing style. To say she has a way with words really is an understatement. Her use of descriptive language places the reader right in the thick of events to the point that everything outside her story ceases to exist for a while.

I've had a very busy life lately and it has driven me CRAZY to know that this book has been waiting for me when I have been unable to pick it up!
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
I received this book as an ARC through netgalley and in return will give my honest review
First of all I would like to start off by saying I LOVE this book. I love Aiden and I love Nikko. I can't wait for Nikko to have a book. I have not read the first book in the series and after this I will! But this book had so many twists and turns. This was very well written (not confusing at all and so easy to read) and the character development was on point. I even enjoyed the heroin in the book which is
Zita
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
A fascinating, enjoyable, rollercoaster of a read…

This is the second book in the Against the Cage series which can be read as a stand-alone.

No one would suspect that the pierced, tattooed, extremely sexy MMA fighter Aiden “Disco Stick” Kruze is the son of a senator and a skilled lawyer. He walked away from that life in Manhattan over a year ago for good reasons. Yet the past doesn’t want to let him go, his family has sent a beautiful sexy private investigator to find him in Las Vegas. Mistaking
Jane Stewart
Poorly done. Made up conflicts in the mind and stupidity. I was angry at some of this stuff.

1. Almost all conflicts are exaggerations in the mind - like a “see saw” - ups and downs with no basis in fact. Characters say things they don’t mean and are silent when silence means the wrong thing.

Examples:
They smile at each other. She then thinks “Oh I can’t let him think I like him” so she insults him. Then he is angry and does angry things. Now she regrets insulting him but won’t apologize. She sile
The Art of Romance Promotions

Passing His Guard by Melynda Price

Aiden “ Disco Stick”’ Kruze is brilliant, talented, and very handsome. He is also a professional MMA fighter. This has always been his dream, however his family had other priorities for Aiden.
Aiden escapes the hold of his family; he leaves all the money, friends and family behind. He is where he wants to be. He doesn’t need the life of the senator son. When Ryann shows up to the gym Aiden assumes she is beautiful groupie. He is totally wrong.

Ryann is beautiful
Carla
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I was given a copy of this book as a gift from Stephanie's Book Reports in exchange for an honest review.

5 stars for Passing His Guard by Melynda Price! This is the second book in the Against the Cage series, but it can be read as a stand alone.

Ryann Andrews is a private investigator who has just lost her father. She knows that he was murdered, but she can't prove it. The mob boss whom her father worked for and owed a lot of money has now come to her doorstep to collect the debt. Ryann doesn't
Samantha
okay SO i thought I loved Easton and Katies story. But When I saw the ARC on Netgalley for Aiden's story I just had to have it. And I was so not disappointed in it.

Aiden is known for charming the women, and being a badass. Those close to him dont know what he's hiding in his past. But when a woman walks into the gym. He thinks she's just a cage banger, but his world is about to get turned upside down.

Ryann has been hired to do what she does best. Find her missing person and she does just that
Juanita
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audios
3.5-4 Disco aka Aiden stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐
MMA fighter and also hot sexy lawyer - yes please
shamena
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Let's have some fun, this beat is sick,
I wanna take a ride on your disco stick"

Ahh! I'm going to try my hardest not to fangirl my way through this review but oh my gaaad. I thought Cole Easton's story touched me but my goodness, Aiden Kruze officially owns my heart.

I enjoy Melynda Price's writing but during the hot and heavy scenes, the descriptions can get a little repetitive however she does make up for this with the depth and heart she pours into her characters. I love how her female chara
A Klue
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Though I thought Passing His Guard had all the ingredients for a good book recipe, this literary batch of MMA romance was not very palatable for this NetGalley reviewer. There was too much internal dialog added for my taste and too little character likability, especially regarding the hero. The constant back and forth inner thoughts of the main couple were exhausting. Seemed to take forever for the story to progress.

As if that wasn’t enough to make you lose your reading appetite, the intermixed
Edelmira
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is pretty amazing ! The plot definitely kept you wanting more. I never read like it before. Aiden and Ryann definitely kept me captivated. Aiden is MMA fighter and Ryann is an investigator. The brewing love between them was unexpected. I was completely hooked. I read this book in one sitting. I loved it a lot!
Please give this book a chance! It is filled with loss, lies, and lots of romance.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND! I'm definitely going buy myself a paperback version once it comes out. I'm s
Isabel *IsaBooks*
3,25 'Throttle You Or Fuck You' Stars

I had a bit of a 'reader's block' when I started reading this book. The story didn't catch me from the beginning and it took me a while to finish it, but I believe it was my problem and not the book because although I didn't love it, I ended up liking it.

Aiden “Disco Stick” Kruze walked away from a rich life in Manhattan for very good reason, but what he left behind wasn't ready to let him go.
Now an MMA fighter, the last thing he suspects when Ryann appears a
Julie
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mma, cfa
I loved this story, even more than the previous Win By Submission, which was a great read.
Ryann's father has died and he owed a crippling amount of money to the mob, and they are expecting Ryann to pay it back, or else her life will be forfeit. She's struggling to make the tight schedule they have given her so she takes on a tough job to make the amount of of money she needs. The job is to find and bring Aiden Kruze back to his parents.

When she finds him she realize he's taken on a different p
Bette Hansen
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! This is the second in the Against the Cage series but can easily be read stand alone. I enjoyed Aidan's character in the previous book so when I saw this was his story I eagerly grabbed it and I was not disappointed!! Aidan comes from money. He was a high powered attorney in Manhattan, but something made him turn his back on it all. The mystery comes to light when Ryann Andrews shows up at his gym. Ryann is in a world of trouble. The only way to get out of it is to find Aidan an ...more
Keri
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved this addition to the series!! While I love Aiden he still isn't Cole. Lol. This story was really great and Ryann was a wonderful female lead and a great match for Aiden. I know we were supposed to be focusing on Aiden but I have to admit Nikko stole the show in my opinion. I am really really intrigued by our damaged veteran who doesn't seem to know much kindness in his life. Now back to Aiden and Ryann, there were lots of funny parts, some seriously smoking sex scenes and plenty of suspe ...more
Mikayla Weeks
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Aiden Kruze is my new book boyfriend! I loved this story. The characters had great development and fantastic chemistry. I like that this wasn't a typical MMA romance. There were a lot of additional elements that gave this story complexity and depth as well as a strong level of suspense. This book is a stand-alone even through it is the second in a series. It was fun to read about the characters in the first book through Aiden's POV as there is a brief overlap in events between the first and seco ...more
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
These two made me dizzy. Yes we are. No we're not. Yes we are. But boy when they finally did get together hot, hot hot. Aiden and Ryann were great once they got everything straightened out. I'm really enjoying this series even if I'm reading backwards.
MoreBooksPlease!
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, I am not normally a fan of books about MMA fighters or alpha-males. I've tried them before and found the guys to be just too possessive, aggressive, and over-the-top, but the cover for this book just kept drawing me back to it again and again, and I was really intrigued by the premise, so I decided to venture out of my comfort zone and give it a chance. I am so glad I did, because I loved it!

Aiden "Disco Stick" Kruze is the son of a New York senator and grew up with every privil
Lisa
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

Melynda Price is a fantastic romantic suspense writer. Her books have always grabbed my attention from the first page. She also manages to create so many twists in her stories that I feel as if I am on a roller coaster. Ms. Price also has this extraordinary ability to generate so much chemistry between the main couple that I always wish I were the female lead in the story. This book, Passing Her Guard, also contains
Shannon
Hmmmm.... I don't have a clue on how to rate this book. I loved it and hated it. What I liked about the story was mostly the beginning and the overall premise. Aiden aka Disco was a strong and commanding protagonist in the beginning of the book, he's a fighter and knew what he wanted. Ryann was very strong in the beginning of the story, she had a goal and an interesting backstory. What fell flat for me was as the relationship developed the characters drove me batty. The entire story is made up o ...more
Oh fighter romance, will I ever be able to quit you? This one was a lot of fun. Here is the thing about fighter romance, the stories are often the same. There is nothing wrong with that, because well when I dive into a fighter romance I expect it to be the same. Head strong girl. Check. Sexy alpha fighter. Check. One or both of them are damaged. Check. The fun begins when the author decides to take these common attributes and makes them their own story. Such is the case here.

I love this series
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Passing his Guard is #2 in the Against The Cage series, but can definitely be read as a stand alone.

It revolves around Aiden "Disco Stick" Kruze and Ryann Andrews.

Aiden was a highly successful Lawyer in Manhattan, but he walked away from it all & started a new life as an MMA fighter.

Ryann is the gorgeous redheaded Private investigator, hired by Aiden's parents to bring him back to New York.
Ryann desperately needs the money to pay off her late fathers gambling debts, so she will do anything i
Gail
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC given by Netgally for a honest review..
I read the first in this series and I TOTALLY loved it.. Couldn’t wait for Aiden’s book..
We first met Aiden “Disco Stick” Kruze in Win By Submission.. He is the son of a Senator and is tired of being under the watchful eye of everyone so he leaves and heads out.. becomes a MMA fighter..
Ryann is a PI who is desperate to get Aiden back to NYC so she can collect some major $$ so she can pay off the men who killed her dad before they kill her..
This book
Saskia 'follow my shoes' Smith
Oct 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
For £3.98 this book is terrible. I actually sent it back for a refund. The story doesnt justify whats been charged for this book. Both the plot and characters needed more depth added to it. It was just boring. The internal dialogue added ust drags on, its back and forwards between 3 diff POV, characters just didnt have the likeability.
  • Vengeance
  • Sweet Seduction Surrender (Sweet Seduction, #4)
  • Bad Bitch (Bad Bitch, #1)
  • Road to Redemption (Dogs of Fire MC, #2)
  • Searing Ecstasy (Guardians of the Realms #7)
  • Blade of Moonlight (Midnight Justice #1)
  • Framed
  • Mercy F*uck
  • Sleepless Nights (Wrath MC, #1)
  • The Bare Bones (The Bare Bones MC #1)
  • Far From Heaven
  • Walk on the Striped Side (Big Bad Bite, #2)
  • Secret Alpha (A is for Alpha Male, #2)
  • Knock Out (Worth the Fight, #1)
  • Party Crasher
Melynda Price is a bestselling and award-winning author of contemporary romance. Her Against the Cage series has finaled in many awards such as the RONE, USA Today BBA, Golden Quill, National Readers’ Choice, and New England Readers’ Choice, and won the 2017 Write Touch award.

What Price enjoys most about writing is the chance to make her readers fall in love, over and over again. She cites the gre
More about Melynda Price

Against the Cage (5 books)
  • Win by Submission (Against the Cage, #1)
  • Fighting for Control (Against the Cage, #3)
  • Grappling for Position (Against the Cage, #4)
  • In for the Win (Against the Cage #5)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“And that smile . . . Sweetheart, I want to be the only male on the receiving end of that beauty.” 2 likes
“You ready?” Del Toro asked. “Yep.” “Then let’s do this.” 1 likes