Start by marking “Kane's Hell” as Want to Read:

Kane's Hell

Kane and Helene were the best of friends until a nightmare devastated them… Hopes were destroyed, dreams shattered, a budding teenage love torn to pieces. Eleven years later their lives are nothing like they once were. Time has changed them … and not for the better.

Published May 1st 2015 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Kane's Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kane's Hell

Start your review of Kane's Hell
Christy
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
5 stars!

photo eb1097a2-c3d2-4196-b287-12ecd54a150f_zpstjzrhysm.jpg

Kane’s Hell is one the most emotional, heartbreakingly beautiful second chance romances I’ve ever read. This book made me feel, made me sob, and it made me think. It’s a story about guilt, forgiveness, tragedy, moving forward, love, and justice. It’s a story about two people broken from their past. Two people trying to move for
Aestas Book Blog
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::::

“Everything in my life seems to bring me to you.”

WOAH. WOW. OMG. THE FEELS!!!!!

This book was a non-stop roller coaster ride that I could not put down from the moment I started reading. Let me warn you though that it is not for the faint of heart. Part of the storyline is raw, dark and intensely gritty, but it’s also deeply, beautifully, and painfully romantic. It’s an emotional, erotic love story that just had this spark that kept my heart racing the whole way through. I absolu
Kristen
4–Gut-Wrenching–Stars

Such a good book but, boy, did it drain me emotionally.
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
”How can one little thing destroy so much?”

[image error]

Elizabeth Finn starts this story off with a heart pounding beginning that will stick with me at the mere mention of this book’s title for years to come. The two main characters, Kane and Helene are friends who work together and have a strong attraction to one another in their teen years. Sadly a horrific incident occurs that leaves shadows over both characters even years in the future.

”My shadows were what separated me from Hell – not the bad Hell, the gofuture.
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

LIVE on AMZ- http://bit.ly/1c1Nhr9

4.5 Second Chance Stars!

photo 76AF3B29-EAD1-41F5-83F5-B29B8BCBF347_zpsvpoxpts2.jpg

Kane's Hell
by Elizabeth Finn is a story filled with a lot of pain from the past yet hope for a happy future. Ka
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! [AMAZON LINK]

photo kh cover xBT by sb_zpscgabtpzq.gif

[Happy dances] I got an ARC to read as soon as I catch up.

Release date: May 1st
Stand-alone

BLURB:

Helene is smart, driven, and accomplished—her education and achievements a smoke screen hiding the frigid and fragile child wounded long ago.

Kane is equally obsessed with his1st
Kane
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

I need to be near you, and I DON'T know what that looks like. But I DO know I need it. Please give me another chance.

Fans of second chance romance prepare to get your hearts ripped out. I'm talking 'reach through your throat, make you ugly cry in a corner and fuck you up' kind of ripped out. It's no secret that this author writes some ANGST, but nothing prepared me for this book.class="gr-hostedUserImg">
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
3.75-4 Stars

photo 0BED9860-79D3-49DE-9D7D-BF6FBB542BE9_zps49aaxy4o.jpg

Ok this is the first book I read from this author and although I wasn't wowed, I adored Elizabeth's writing where she gave me as a reader some raw characters that developed at a slow steady pace, Saying all that I had a whole lot of emotions some good, some not so good so I'm going to give you some of thoughts on a subject tha
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 "You Are Everything To Me" Stars!
(BR with Sharon)

photo 40ba6509-5ee0-4246-a90d-9ad94429b887_zpsqqsjpfkb.jpg

photo 2702d10c-3547-4f2d-bd08-ba7bed5f3de1_zpswlkuztnz.jpg

Kane Thorson & Helene Hess grew up in a small town in Pennsylvania called Hazleton. They were neighbors and the best of friends. When they were 17 they experienced something horrific together that forever alters the
course of their lives. Kane leaves town, leaving Helene when she needs him the most, and is gone fo
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Kane’s Hell
Author – Elizabeth Finn
Publication Date – May 1, 2015
Genre – Romance
Type – Stand Alone
Cliffhanger - No
Rating – 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary Copy generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
It took me a bit to figure out how to rate and review this because so many things either pulled at my heartstrings or pissed me off.

Ms. Finn always has a way to incorporate questionable subjects and add them in a story to really make you think about your original morals and opinions on a debatable topic. She does it again with this story of Kane and Hereview.
MyStars
ComplimentaryRomance
 –Hell
 –
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
This book is everything...and nothing like I thought it would be. One thing is for sure...it's AMAZING! But a bit of a warning, there's some very dark subject matter involved.

Kane and Helene grew up together being neighbors out in the country. Kane is gorgeous and popular and Helene...is not. Seniors in high school, they work at the same gas station and Kane's decided to take things to the next level when events take a horrific turn.

The book alternates between what happened in the past, eleven years ago, and
Anna
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
NOOK pre-order link :

Amazon pre-order link :

Loved loved loved this one !!! Definitely going right up there as one of my Favorites ❤
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Complimentary Copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Kane's Hell
AUTHOR: Elizabeth Finn
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
EXPECTED PUBLICATION: May 1st 2015
MY RATING: 4 1/2 Stars

This was a hard one to rate, I flipped between a 4 and 5 star and settled half way between the two..

And that was because for me (and this is only my opinion) I felt Kane was too pushy, even though I loved his character there were times when I really disliked him too..It felt at times as though insteRomance
EXPECTEDFinn
Hell
Mariℓina
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Kane's Hell is an amazing book with such a powerful, demanding and heartbreaking plot. Right from the start the reader feels the deep pain, the angst, the torment and awaits along with the characters for the redemption to come.

Like any other book written by Elizabeth Finn, this also grabbed me by the hand and refused to leave me until the very last page. And yes, i loved every bit of it!

I know i'm sentimental as hell on my own and i don't need much persuasion to empathize with whatever i read, but that was entirely too much! Kane and his Hell, have the sweetest friendship ever that got destroyed in the blink of an eye by the most excruciating incident. Helene stayed, Kane vanished!

Now more than a decade later those two broken souls find themselves back together still harboring a big trauma, secrets but also feelings for one another. Kane is back to fix a broken house while taking care of some unfinished business and Helene is back as an assistant professor and doctoral student writing her dissertation.

They chose different paths, Kane's was meaningless sex, fighting and drugs, Helene's was filled with books and studies. Now they have a second chance to heal each other and start a life together, will it work?

A tale of so much heartache, unbelievable remorse, intense anguish, dreams that got destroyed, awful mistakes, love, sex, justice and healing! I recommend it with a passion!

THOUGHTS ABOUT THE BOOK

(view spoiler)
- Dual POV.
- Interesting narrative style. I enjoyed the back and forth immensely.
- I love his nickname for her! Aptly chosen!
- Hilda and her timing are out of this world.
- Mark is very likable!
- Siena and Brody are just perfect!

ARC provided by the author in exchange of an honest review. Thank you!
Olga therebelreader
An utterly fabulous read, an emotional rollercoaster, a constant page turner, a heart crushing book!! I loved, loved Kane's story.....at times I was seeing red, I could feel his emotions, and then…tears…, but so glad Helene and Kane got their HEA.... The book is all about deep love, forgiveness, pain, trust and justice.

Kane and Helene are sharing a dark, incredibly-painful secret from their adolescence. Both of them have been living with the pain and deep trauma of abuse for years. The conversations that unfold are completely raw, realincredibly-painful
Paige
4.5 Stars

When I started reading this, I had the expectation of angst and heartbreak. While I did get those things, I also got a lot of things I really didn't expect. In the end they all helped tell this story. Even though it was both tragic and frustrating it was ultimately beautiful and redemptive.

Helene and Kane have been friends since they were very little. They grew up as neighbors and then eventually grew to be best friends even though they were opposites. Helene was the studious, nerd
FMABookReviews
GRITTY, RAW, STEAMY

Elizabeth Finn does not play games! Her writing is raw, gritty and very steamy. She tackles subject matter that will make you squirm, read with one eye closed and cry tears alongside her characters.

With Kane’s Hell, Elizabeth gives us two character’s with a tragically violent past who are attempting to move on with each other. The subject matter may not be appropriate for all readers,(view spoiler) ...more
Elfina Renee
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You know how some people watching a horror movie will cover their face with their hands and then spread their fingers out a little to see the nightmarish scene that about to unfold? Kane's hell was that movie. I couldn't put the book down, even though I'm clutching the tissues in one hand, a bally mess with snot running. From start to finish the authors invoked so many different emotions. A recommend read!
 photo Kane 3.jpg
What would you do if something horrendous happened to you and the person you loved...maybe a friend, a child or significant other? How would you cope when the memories got hellishly bad? Most of us would have some fake bull shit mask of how we're fine, managing the best we can. While on the inside clawing our guts out a little at a time, self destructing.
 photo Kane 2.jpg
Now picture your only seventeen and that's where Kane's Hell begins.
 photo Kane 4.jpg
But warning this isn't for the faint of heart, very dark intense subject matters!
AJ
4.5 “We’re going to be okay” stars

Wow, this book brings the feels! Elizabeth Finn writes wonderfully emotional stories, and this book made me feel everything!!! It’s a story about overcoming tragedy, about love, guilt, forgiveness, and moving forward, with a beautifully heart-warming second-chance-romance. I cried sad and happy tears, and got completely wrapped up in this heartachingly beautiful story.

“How can one little thing destroy so much?”

Kane and Helene were childhood best friends on th
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
May 05, 2015 marked it as gave-the-fuck-up
Bailed around 48% They got too comfortable to each other way too fast especially after their history and what they went through. IDK it wasn't believable enough to me and started going downhill so I bailed.

Nikki ღ Navareus
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: brutal, rape
Whew, what an emotional, brutal read. I like dark stories, but this one felt so horrifically realistic it was scary. I kept putting it aside and starting something fluffy, then going back to it again. The story telling was tight, but the story itself was emotionally exhausting. Take the warnings for this one serious before diving in.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kane's Hell by Elizabeth Finn
4.5 stars!!!

“Justice is this thing that can give a victim salvation. It’s also something that can eat away at a victim like cancer when they don’t have it. It’s the difference between acceptance and peace or denial and tumult.”

This is one of the most heart breaking, emotional, second chance love stories that I have ever read. It is hard to imagine coming back from what these two went through that eventually forced them apart for eleven years, but when the/>
Suzanne the Bookaholic and Proud
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult
What to say about this book part from O....M....G....O....M....G....

I have felt love, I have been heartbroken, and loved again, I have cried and laughed and felt sadness then elation and lived happily ever after.
OMG Kane is your fantasy come alive in this book, and true style he his damaged in himself and only love can save him from him.
Everyone will feel the pain of what Kane and Helena have gone through and only they can save each other.

I read this book in a
TF
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reread - 6/11/19

Even better the second time around!

Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
DNF at 60% - Sadly this one just didn't work out for us. The writing is brilliant as is the psychology of the story. However, in our opinion there was no tangible connection between the hero and heroine prior to the event that leads to the crux of the story-line. We just didn't feel the connection which despite an 11 year gap and an incredibly traumatic event was stronger than it had been all that time ago. A connection that survived everything and served as a redemption if you will. The story c ...more
Michelle
Added another one to my ever growing pile of not finished books!
Loved this until around 40%. Tried to keep reading some more and I'm just not liking it any longer. Moving on:(
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
4 Stars

ARC received from author in exchange for an honest review

Kane’s Hell was an emotionally gripping tale that absolutely gutted me. Elizabeth Finn has the ability to weave incredibly beautiful love stories with such intensity, angst, heartache and drama.

I have to con
**Nicole
Every once in a while you come across a book that just grips you and just makes you feel. Either you sit down and read it in one sitting devouring it and loving every minute of it and then feeling dejected because what could possibly follow that amazing read for you or you slow down and savor every bit of it. Feeling it. Taking it in. For me, that was Kane's Hell. I felt every part of this book deep down in my bones. I cried when Kane and Helene were brutalized and what the aftermath was, but in ...more
Diana
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of second chance romances, broken characters trying to heal, and a touch of darkness.
Where to begin???

I will take 3 of Kane please.

This book was very much about the character development. The plot actually happens at the beginning of the story; it takes place 11 years earlier and is revealed through alternating points of view. Each character has a chapter in the past and then the present in part one of this book. Once we get to part two, the story continues in only the present, except for one part at the end. I usually don't like reading stories that go back and forth like th/>I
N.N. Light
If you like your dark and gritty, Kane's Hell is the book for you. Two ex-lovers, torn apart by heartbreak and circumstances (that's all I will tell you), meet up again after 11 years. Both are hard, jaded people (in different ways) but after all this time, is there such a thing as a second-chance or will Kane and Helene be forever in hell?

Raw, violent, passionate... Kane's Hell is that and more. Dark, dark romance. The violence was real and I honestly had to take breaks between readings as the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• How to Save a Life (Dreamcatcher, #1)
  • The Vixen and the Vet (A Modern Fairytale #1)
  • Unbreakable
  • Leo
  • Never Let You Go (A Modern Fairytale #2)
  • Captured
  • Midnight Lily
  • Burnout
  • Make It a Double (Last Call, #2)
  • Win Some, Lose Some
  • Fighting to Breathe (Shooting Stars, #1)
  • The Hard Count
  • Resisting Temptation (Men of Honor, #3)
  • Kyland
  • Grayson's Vow
  • Endless Possibility (Rush, #1.5)
  • The Scars Between Us
  • Forever and Never (Magnolia Cove, #2)
Elizabeth Finn is a multi-published contemporary romance author. Her passion is creating stories packed full of angsty believable conflicts, characters who leave you rooting for them, and romance that might just short-circuit your e-reader. She likes her characters flawed and scarred, but they always find the best part of themselves on their journey, and her readers find themselves devoted to her ...more
“I’ll come back to you.” “And you’ll marry me…” “In my heart I already have.” “And you’ll give us babies…” “I can’t wait to meet our children.” “And you’ll love me…” “I never stopped, and I never will.” 4 likes
“I want all of you, regardless of the fact I deserve nothing from you.” 3 likes