Start by marking “Embattled SEAL (Lost and Found #4)” as Want to Read:
Embattled SEAL (Lost and Found #4)

Embattled SEAL

(Lost and Found #4)

When Harper Preston finds himself flat in a hospital bed after a botched op, he’s okay with dealing with the fallout. If he dies, he’s lived well past his expiration date. The only people that will notice his passing are the guys he works with at Lost and Found Investigative Service.

Then his estranged wife arrives.

Cat Preston is thankful and horrified when she’s called t
Published March 28th 2015 by J.M. Madden

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
OMG So damn good. Another hit for The lost and found Series!!!!!! I may write a review later.
Karla

5 Stars!! An insightful read that touches the heart and brings awareness to the plight of our veterans and their families. Chalk up another winner for J.M. Madden in the LNF series!

military family photo troops famlyx-large_zpsuzxnnv7k.jpg

“The strength of the armed forces of the United States is as much about its families as it is about its combat capability.” – General Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

For me, this was the most emotional book in the series thus far and quite possibly my favorite to date...very hard to choose, the
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.75 Stars***

Wow! I think this may be the first time that I've finished a romance book and instead of my main focus being the hero, I'm left in awe of the heroine.

Cat is a leading lady that has left me speechless. She was a pillar of strength for her husband and family. She carried the load of a thousand men on her shoulders, and she did it all with determination and grace.

Eighteen months ago Harper walked away from Cat and his children. Too many ghosts from his many deployments hid in his
*Avonna
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
EMBATTLED SEAL (Lost and Found #4) by J.M. Madden is a character driven romance that had me reading straight through the night, crying sad tears and then happy tears.

Harper Preston was a Navy SEAL sniper and nearly fatally wounded on Lost and Found’s last operation. As his boss and friend wait for him to wake from surgery, a woman shows up and takes control. She is Harper’s estranged wife that no one knew existed.

Catherine “Cat” Preston has come to Harper’s hospital bedside once again. She has
Mo
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5

Lower my expectations in future. I will have to take Eeyore's advice.

I couldn't warm to either character. I just didn't care about them. Thing is, I got the first introduction book in t his series free on Amazon. I paid $4 for this SHORT book. I thought the first book was great... as was the second book. The third one was a bit of a disappointment and this one ... I won't say anymore. Go judge for yourselves.

(view spoiler)
Mei
Apr 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I loved the previous books with the wounded heroes, but this one left me down a little bit...

The heroine was soooooooooo very patient woman; I don't know if I could be that patient.

The hero was too stubborn and his abondoning his family and never even contacting them seemed too harsh and insensible.

When Cat suggested he got counseling for his PTSD, he flat out refuses, but after running away he gets it by himself. He resolves many of his problems, but still doesn't contact his family...

This be
Erika

My review:
This is my 4th Madden book in this series, and I would say that it may well be the best written, especially in terms of characterization, but at the same time, the two MCs are probably my least favorites so far in the series.

The hero, Harper, really caught my interest in the previous book. I was anxious to know what was going on with the surprise arrival of his wife and also find out to what extent he was going to recover from being gravely injured.

This book really got me thin
RachelW (BamaGal)
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loan
Very sweet story. Madden does a good job of painting the lives and loves of these war-injured men, and their daily battles. I really enjoyed being part of Harper and Cat putting their marriage back together.

If I had one complaint, it would be that I wanted more. The book was short, and everything fell into place for the couple with little effort. It was all just all a bit too easy and pat getting their marriage and lives put back together. Still, it was another very enjoyable book in a really g
Lisa
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: march, 2015
Every time I read another book in this series I'm left speechless. Harper's story was no different.

photo applause_zps808a054f.gif
Bev
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
2 - 2.5 stars

If ever a book needed to be a full book and not a novella, it is Embattled Seal. This could have been fabulous. I love me a second chance story but sadly this was so rushed to cram it all into a novella, I didn't get much of their back story. So, I finished this not really knowing either of the characters, therefore not connecting with them and was left wanting and needing so much more. This story was too big to be a novella.

A real disappointment as I have loved the rest of the boo
Victoria

3.5 RATING- I love this series and this book was an enjoyable read. The only reason I rated it 3.5 is that I don't love second chance romances so it just wasn't my favorite story line. That being said, I liked both characters, the heroine especially seemed strong and capable. I felt for the hero and his struggles as a wounded warrior. The dynamics between the two characters was believable and I thought the story really showed how many sacrifices military spouses make and how much they have to ta
Cindy ~
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Lost and Found series has always been about the men that served their country and came out on the other side not quite the same as they went in, either from injuries or PTSD. This time around we get to see the strength of a wife of a Navy Seal who has stood by her man for over 14 years and been there through every injury no matter where she had to go to support him.

Even though Harper Preston walked away from his wife and kids over a year ago for their own good – according to Harper – when h
Abra
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this as a freebie at RT15.

I liked this book. The majority of the book is the interaction between the husband and wife. She has come to Tucker's bedside after he was shot in the last book. They haven't seen each other in 18 months because he walked out on her and their kids.

Cat takes him to a house she's rented for two weeks so they can try and put their marriage back together. She tells Tucker this is the last time she'll fight for their marriage, but he's not very cooperative until
CC

I was so looking forward to Harper's book. Of course I was shocked at the end of Embattled Home when (view spoiler).

Not sure how this one would go. How it went was emotional and sad. While I can understand Harper's decisions on some level, I do not agree with them. So I had a hard time forgiving him. His wife Cat was a far better woman that I could ever be. Maybe if it was just his wife, I could have forgiven easier. But (view spoiler)
Mareli
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read it some days ago and I forgot to put a review :(

THe book was really good. But I think that Harper Preston is guilty to abandonment of his family. I can understand his fears, they were terribile but he could look for help and instead he decided to go and leave his family behind him.

That's bad. I don't know if I would have been so ready to forgive and forget as his wife did.
Steph
Embattled SEAL was a touching installment in Madden's Lost and Found series. I've been looking forward to Harper's story since learning more about him in Embattled Home.

The timing of this book's publication was perfect; it coincided with my 23rd wedding anniversary to my Marine. Thankfully, my Marine has never left me behind, nor has he faced the same horrors as Harper. But, that doesn't mean I couldn't relate to much of what Cat Preston faced as the wife of a military man.

Cat and Harper's sto
Darcy
This one really tugged at my heart strings. I loved how Cat forced her way back in to Harper's life, that she was giving him one last change to see if things could work. What I really loved about Cat is that when she went to Harper she had prepared for the worst, but hoped for the best. As bad as the last year and half had been for them, the time apart was good for them as a couple and family in the long run. The time allowed Cat to find a career she loved, gave Harper time to sort his head and ...more
Sandie Grise
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an ARC from the writer for an honest review.
A love like no other is worth fighting for...
Harper Preston is a very private man and he keeps his emotions held tight. The guys at LNF don't know much about his life other than he was a highly trained sniper and a Navy SEAL. No one knew that he had a wife, until she shows up at the hospital to be by his side. With Cat there taking charge of Harpers recovery, she lets him know that she's ready to give their love another try. Will he
Jackie Lane
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
J.M. Madden has become one of those authors for me that I absolutely have to read as soon as the book comes out.

Once again, I was amazed at how involved I got in the storyline of the book.

I loved getting Harper's story and although his injury was upsetting, he had the backing of a good woman. Cat was strong and supportive and the perfect match for Harper. I was drawn into their story and loved getting to catch up with men and women at LNF.

Truly a tender and touching book.

5 STARS
Michelle
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Beautiful story of love and redemption. When Harper Preston was shot on a job for LNF, no one knew he was married until his wife showed up at the hospital. Harper left his wife and kids because he thought he was a danger to them. Cat has decided that this is the time for them to try to get things straightened out and get her family back together. Harper and Cat have to learn to work together like they used to in order to have their family back.
Tamm Frederick
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read the 3rd book - Embattled Home - this review may contain SPOILERS for you so - SPOILER ALERT for EMBATTLED HOME (Lost and Found #3).

We meet Harper in book 3 of the Lost and Found series - Embattled Home - as he helps to protect a mother and daughter from harm. Harper gets injured and as his co-workers fret about him in the hospital, someone totally never known about shows up, shocking the co-workers.

Okay, onto my review for Embattled Seal. And I'll also give a spoiler warning
Bette Stanek
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 bumped to 5 Military Family Stars. This book continues right where Embattled Home ends. Harper has just been shot and has been rushed to the hospital in the hopes of saving his life. Within 24 hours a woman walks into his room like she owns the place and announces she is his wife. What??? Chad and Duncan never knew Harper had a wife!!! They have their doubts, but those are soon allayed and Harper is entrusted to her care. Now comes the hard part of putting their family back together.

This bo
Kim
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I obtained this free e-book as part of a boxed set from Amazon and I am voluntarily writing a review. Sometimes the wounds that eat at you are not visible to others. Preston Harper is an ex Navy Seal Sniper working at LNF Security when on a protection detail he is wounded and airlifted to a hospital in Amarillo, Texas. Imagine his co-workers surprise when a woman barges into the ICU claiming to be his wife.I obtained this free e-book as part of a boxed set from Amazon and I am voluntarily writin ...more
MJ
3.5⭐ This was great getting answers about Preston that were raised in the last book. I didn't really think I'd like his wife when she rocked up at the end of Embattled Home, but she was awesome.

There were some terribly convenient bits, but I liked it overall enough that it was easy to overlook.

Can't wait to finally read Duncan's story!
Kerry
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, so it is no surprise this second chance romance was a winner! I was really intrigued by the premise, and it played out well. I loved the characters and enjoyed watching them reunite. It was definitely emotional at times, and it is a really powerful story. Can't wait for more!
Wendy
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i think from an emotional pov this installment is probably the deepest, because not only are we dealing with injuries and PTSD, we are also dealing with what that does to a family. it is a delicate process and I can only gratulate Jennifer Madden that she wrote about it with honesty and hope.
Debbie
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
boorah!!!
Book 4 in the series and probably the one I enjoyed the most. This had backstory, depth and loads of characters who brought something to the table.

Love this one!
Beverly
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
not much action, a lot of talk.
Mandy Menasco
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read
Gretchen
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love the H in this and wanted so many good things for the h. I thought there would be more suspense, but no. And that’s ok, too. I enjoyed his one overall.
  • Brave Heart
  • Jewel of the East  (The Devil DeVere #5)
  • Tallchief
  • SEALed With A Kiss: Heroes With Heart
  • Defiance (Masters of the Shadowlands, #13.5)
  • Deathwish (Broslin Creek, #6)
  • Girl of Vengeance (Rachel's Peril, #3; Thompson Sisters, #7)
  • Uniform Desires (Make Mine Military)
  • Love Required (Real Love, #3)
  • Her Holiday Hero (Caring Canines, #2)
  • Undefeated (Bomb Squad, #2)
  • The Games Destiny Plays (The Last Good Knight, #3)
  • Love's Full Circle
  • Sink or Swim (Fight or Flight, #1.5)
  • The Kissing Stars
  • Anything for You (Coming Home, #1.5)
  • Danger Close (Bagram Special Ops, #4)
  • New Year
NY Times and USA Today Bestselling author J.M. Madden writes compelling romances between 'combat modified' military men and the women who love them. J.M. Madden loves any and all good love stories, most particularly her own. She has two beautiful children and a husband who always keeps her on her toes.

J.M. was a Deputy Sheriff in Ohio for nine years, until hubby moved the clan to Kentucky. When no

Lost and Found (6 books)
  • Embattled Hearts (Lost and Found, #1)
  • Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2)
  • Embattled Home (Lost and Found, #3)
  • Embattled Ever After (Lost and Found #5)
  • Lost and Found Pieces (Lost and Found, #5.2)
“I’m sure you’re wrong,” Cat murmured. “Teachers have to like all kids. It’s in the job description.” 2 likes
“Cat packed the truck, suddenly struck with nervousness. They were about to completely flip their lives on end on the mere hope that they could be together as a family again. Her parents were not going to be overjoyed. Just then Harper walked out of the house. His straight dark hair was almost an inch long now, but it looked really good on him. For years it had never been much longer than a half inch. The granny shades had been retired, replaced with a reflective set of wraparound Oakleys. When he had those glasses on you couldn’t even see the scars. That sharp jaw had been shaved clean, just like she liked it. His body was well on the mend. Every once in a while she caught him wincing as he reached for something, but those times were fewer and farther between. As he hefted his duffle into the back of the truck her eyes traced down his magnificent body. The new blue jeans cupped his ass to perfection and the knife she had given him was snugged into the corner of his pocket. The Damascus blade had been packed away with care. The black Henley shirt he had stretched on over his massive chest and taut abs made his eyes look even more silver. He considered the color tactical but she just considered it sexy. When he looked up at her and graced her with one of his rare smiles she couldn’t help but return it. Yes, she had hope. More than enough for all of them.” 0 likes