Start by marking “Into the Brambles” as Want to Read:
Into the Brambles

Into the Brambles

The world was ancient, scarred from a thousand wars between gods, immortals, and heroes. Old grudges have faded but are not forgotten.

At the end of a so-called ‘age of peace’, two great nations of immortals march against each other, with humanity caught in the middle. In this world of conflict, three very different individuals are thrust into the face of danger.

Here a
Published March 27th 2015 by Two Scoops Press

To ask other readers questions about Into the Brambles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Brambles

Start your review of Into the Brambles
Anirudh
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So pydanny is a well known figure in the Python community (Python, the programming language). As an author of Two Scoops of Django, his credentials as a non-fiction author have been quite firmly established. I was hesitant going into this book - how would he tackle fiction?

I'm glad to report that all my concerns were blown to the wind by Daniel Greenfeld's brilliant writing. The book is unputdownable and I can't wait for the next book in the series. I hope it is going to come out soon.

The book
Ondrej
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Story of Daniel and his adventures with fiction reminds me of the one of Michael J. Sullivan. Various factors discouraged him from writing any more of fiction until he took 2 decades of break just to come back to it. Having mixed experiences with technical writers who decided to start writing fiction, I was hesitant to buy it. I wanted to support Daniel, but at the same time I didn’t want to give his book a bad or dishonest rating in case I wouldn’t like it. I’m glad it didn’t have to come to th ...more
Mark Bondurant
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An excellent work, especially considering it's a first novel. Mr. Greenfeld bravely launches his first of a series incorporating elements of classic juvenile fantasy and fairytale into a child friendly mix fit for all ages. The characters and plot elements are all familiar, but are brought together in a charming new mix. I'm definitely waiting for the next.
Ivan
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Quite good story, took a while to grab me but I'm glad I stuck with it. My only gripe is that it ends quite abrubtly.

I liked all the characters, really well thought of, none of the usual heroes in the traditional sense.
Paul Hallett
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very different plot line to your typical fantasy, from multiple interesting perspectives.

I'm looking forward to the second book! I hope more about the world is revealed!
Vinod Kurup
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I read this book faster than I've read a book in a long while. I found myself rooting for characters, making the book hard to put down. Looking forward to the next one.
Sarah Gray
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
This story has no central plot. The 3 POV characters aren't linked for the majority of the story. The writing is infantile, the editing is bad. Into the Brambles reads like something written by a teenager, and not a particularly skilled teenager.

If you want bad fantasy, this is it. (Honestly, at times I thought this was written by the twitter account Awful Fantasy.) If you want good fantasy, go elsewhere.
Kenneth
Sep 22, 2015
Honza Král
Jan 03, 2017
Daniel Greenfeld
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Vipul