Start by marking “Nessuno escluso” as Want to Read:
Nessuno escluso

Nessuno escluso

(Helen Grace #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  11,729 ratings  ·  1,221 reviews
Notte, periferia di Southampton, una zona malfamata, frequentata solo dai reietti della società. Un uomo giace tra i rifiuti in una casa abbandonata, barbaramente ucciso. L'assassino gli ha strappato il cuore, che viene poi consegnato, in un macabro pacchetto, alla moglie e ai figli sconvolti. La vittima è un irreprensibile padre di famiglia: come e perché è finito in un p ...more
Published April 23rd 2015 by Corbaccio (first published September 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Nessuno escluso, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Rinkesh Bafna It definitely is worth reading. It's one that book where you really start feeling pity for the guilty. Go for it !

·  11,729 ratings  ·  1,221 reviews

Kaceey
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5*
Book two from M.J. Arlidge picks up just one month after book one, Eeny-Meeny, and it’s shocking ending. No spoilers here...though I do recommend going back and starting from the beginning before diving into this one.

Helen and her team of detectives are once again called into a beyond-bizarre murder case. Men are being butchered in the seediest parts of town, and in such a gruesome manner. Their hearts are removed! With few clues and false leads, the team is running in circles with next to
Melissa
WARNING - this book is unputdownable! Sacrificing sleep, avoiding responsibilities and dragging this book everywhere, in the hopes of sneaking in ‘just one more chapter’, is inevitable. That’s the life I've been living for the last day and a half, at least. It was the short chapters that served as a catalyst for my obsession. Have I mentioned how much I adore short chapters?

Where this book lacked in character development, it more than made up for with the frenetic energy, the jarring twists and
Susanne  Strong
5 Gruesome and Completely Gripping Stars!!

Well Blimey M. J. Arlidge, you sure got my attention with this one.

“Pop Goes the Weasel” features Detective Inspector Helen Grace back at it. This time, she finds a man’s body in a derelict house. He has been brutally murdered, his heart having been removed. It is then sent to his now widow in a brown cardboard box. A few days later it happens again. This time, the heart is sent to the man’s work place. It appears that these men had something in common:
Mary Beth *Traveling Sister*

This is the second book in the Helen Grace Series. This is another series that I just love. This was an engrossing read with gruesome details in such a way that I couldn't stop reading it. It is unputdownable. With detailed character development and twists and turns that keep you guessing till the very end. I loved this book better than the first book.
It is a dark gritty thriller.

DI Helen Grace and her team are faced a few months down the line with a growing string of male dead bodies, horribl
Sue
“Pop Goes The Weasel” by M J Arlidge, in the Detective Helen Grace series, is the second book in this crime series…and I feel it is even better than his debut novel, Eeny Meeny, which I loved.

I would suggest that it is advisable that you read Eeny Meeny, before you read this novel, as the second book has spoilers, that will ruin it for you to go back and read the first book. Pop Goes The Weasel, is gory in some parts, but this is necessary to the plot and story.

Our Hero, Detective Inspector Hel
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
'The world is full of killers, liars and thieves.'

There is not a lot of theft going on in this book, but there are plenty of liars and a lot of killing.

A man's body is found in an empty house. Then a gruesome memento of his killing is delivered to his wife and children.

Pop Goes The Weasel is #2 in the DI Helen Grace series and the third book in the series that I have read. I enjoyed the other two, but didn't think they were anything special. Pop Goes The Weasel, however, was an engrossing read
Phrynne
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-books
Just lately it seems mystery and crime authors are competing with each other to create the most disgusting and nauseating murder scenes and M.J. Arlidge is up there with the best. Removing a person's heart (starting the procedure before they have actually died of course) and delivering it to their family in a Tupperware container is pretty hard to beat.

As this is a serial killer there is a lot of blood and a lot of Tupperware and it makes for enthralling reading. I raced through this book on the
Matthew
A decent 3 star thriller. Not super great, but not bad by any means.

It has been a while since I read the first book in the series. Luckily there are lots of hints dropped as to what happened in the one so my mind was refreshed. This is also good because some of the content of the first book was important to this storyline.

I didn’t go higher than 3 because I was not really held on the edge of my seat. The story is more driven by repetitive shock value than suspense. Also, while I did not see the
Brenda - Traveling Sister
Barely putting down the first book to the Helen Grace Series, Eeny Meeny, Kaceey and I started reading this one and were soon were lost in the overgrown grassy and murky Coulee. There is plenty of action to this cat and mouse game that Helen and her colleagues were on with this sadistic killer in this game.

Pop goes the Weasel is a gripping, and disturbing entertaining story that soon became the favorite for the two for us. Even though this one was more gruesome and disturbing than the first in
 Li'l Owl ~ Incorrigible Reader
I've just found myself face to face with a new favorite series!

>His eyes blinked open, but he couldn’t see.
Liquid oozed down his cheeks as his eyeballs swiveled uselessly in their sockets. Sound was horribly muted, as if his ears were stuffed with cotton wool. Scrambling back to consciousness, the man felt a savage pain ripping through his throat and nostrils. An intense burning sensation, like a flame held steadily to his larynx. He wanted to sneeze, to retch, to spit out whatever it was th
Jan

Book 2 in the crime series featuring Detective Helen Grace picked up right where Eeny Meeny (Helen Grace, #1) by M.J. Arlidge left off, so I highly recommend for those considering to read this book that you read them in order. There are a lot of references that are important to know to help understand character relationships and development.

As in the first book, the author pushes the storyline forward with short, quick chapters-none lasting more than 5 pages. While I am usually a fan of short chapters, I think sometimes the plo
Linda Strong
Sometimes I find a new author, a new series to follow that I think is absolutely terrific and give it a 5 star rating. Then I move onto the second book and it falls way short of my expectations. I really, really hate when that happens.

Fortunately, this is not one of those times. The second book in this series is just as good, if not better, than EENY MEENY (BK 1).

DI Helen Grace makes a wonderful series character. She has so many issues, but in such interesting ways. There is so much to her ...
Lisa
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say I'll just shout this out I just LOVE this series Pop Goes The Weasel was brilliant in the way the plot was so well developed all the gang are back to solve an horrendous murder then we see Helen's character develop even further, she has to fight to be heard & was on the outer with Emilia the journo who I might say was one of the most annoying characters in the book.

The ending was brilliant blew me away I just hope No 3 is just as engrossing as this was , just Hope Emilia is l
Matt
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this sensational follow-up novel, Arlidge leads readers down the path with another psychological thriller that does not let up until the final sentence. Taking place a year after events in the previous novel, DI Helen Grace is back to work with a somewhat newly constituted team, as well as a new superior. When a man is found brutally murdered in a flop house, his heart cut from his body, Grace and the team commence their investigation. The organ is soon shipped to the family's doorstep, where ...more
Andrea
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Brilliant second book to this series.love the characters of this book looking forward to the next book.this one about men being murdered who are involved in prostituting the killer leaving a box containing part of the victim to there family.great read.
Julie
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pop Goes the Weasel: A DI Helen Grace Thriller by M. J. Arlidge is a 2015 NAL publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

A dark, intense, gritty, edge of your seat thriller!

This is the second book in the Helen Grace series and if you have not read the first book, I highly recommend you read it before starting this one, since the story pretty much picks up where the last one left off and there are spoilers.

As you may recall, H
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Crime Fans, Serial Killer Lovers, Everyone
Freaking fantastic book! Oh my goodness, I did not think the next book following Eeny Meeny would be this good, in my opinion this is better, much better so that's a high bit of praise indeed. Crime is my most loved and certainly most read genre, I can't get enough of it, so a fresh new author in the mix is really exciting.

Detective Inspector Helen Grace is BACK in this book, now firstly, let me say if you have not read Eeny Meeny this book does have spoilers in it about the first book, big one
Brenda
Detective Inspector Helen Grace returned to the job quickly after her last explosive case, but she was still having major issues. But when they were called to the dilapidated and abandoned building which was frequented by drug users and prostitutes alike, Grace didn’t expect the horror they would face. The dreadful mutilation was brutal – with the victim’s heart having been removed in an amateurish fashion there was blood was everywhere. But worse was to come when his worried wife received a par ...more
Brenda
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is M. J. Arlidge's second novel, and I think it's fantastic. My only problem was that I couldn't recall all the history of the characters from the first book, Eeny Meeny, but that didn't affect my enjoyment.

Helen, Charlie, Tony, and the rest of the crew work well together. Helen's new supervisor was a piece of work, as was the journalist, and neither of them appear to have suffered any consequences. The investigation was multifaceted with Tony undercover and others sent to check on things.
Ammar
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the Helen Grace series is as good as the first book. The characters evolve and Helen is more humane and realizing that her past is her past and she trying to live the moment and help.

A serial killer strikes again
The victims are married men who enjoy prostitutes
A search takes place
The killer is on the loose and time is of an essence

Janet
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, we come to book two in the series and for me this was a better read.

A male body turns up dead in a red light district with his heart missing which is then delivered to his wife at home in a package. Shocking in the extreme, the case is taken on by DI Grace. More bodies are discovered also in prostitution areas which leads to the MIT team concluding they have another serial killer on their hands. More bodies, more missing parts delivered to loved ones - why?

Characters from the previous book a
Daisy
I want to thank Netgalley for an ARC of this book for an honest review.

This is the second Helen Grace novel. I read Eeny Meeny, the first in the series, and loved it. The second was just as good. I had a hard time putting this down.

This story raced along. I was really surprised with the plot twists. The end was a huge shock.

I definitely recommend this series if you like thrillers/police procedurals.

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
In some cases is it quite alright to read books out of order. But I have to admit that I felt when I started this book that I perhaps should have read the first Eeny Meeny first because the character in this book is still trying to put their lives together after the happenings in the first book. Also, now that I know the identity of the person behind everything in the first book will it be less "fun" to read the first book when I get to it.

Detective Inspector Helen Grace is back after her ordeal
Hans
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read. Helen Grace is as captivating a DI as in the first instalment. Very suspenseful from the very start. The tension is building from the first page. With lots of developments in the private lives of Helen and her fellow officers.
Wendi Lee
I've read the Helen Grace books out of order, starting with Hide and Seek a few months ago, and then going back to the beginning of the series. Pop Goes the Weasel is the second book, and it's just as good as the others. I know a few spoilers that I shouldn't from Hide and Seek, but it didn't make this book any less enjoyable.

DI Grace is still coming to terms with the serial killer in Eeny Meeny when her city is once again struck with a series of gruesome murders. This time the victims are all
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: four-star
The second in the multi part thriller series featuring detective inspector Helen Grace. This was a worthwhile follow up to its bestselling predecessor, I continued to enjoy the lead character. As mentioned previously, it's refreshing to read a thriller with a strong female protagonist.

There are plenty of twists to keep the reader occupied and I felt the writing flowed well. The chapters are short but easily digestible which kept me on my toes. I still feel there is much about Helen Grace that I
Gary
Mar 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 2nd book in the Detective Inspector Helen Grace series by MJ.Arlidge. I would like to thank Net Galley for giving me this book to review and after just finishing the first one moments before it was an easy task. I enjoyed it and possibly should have given it a four star rating but it wasn't quite as good as the first book so I scored it a little lower. Another fast paced action thrilled book that grows and grows, the lead character can develop so much and the two books have only brushed the ...more
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
This is a fantastic thriller, and I adore this series! I can't wait for the next one to come out. Thanks to GoodReads for allowing me to read an early copy. So good!
Esther
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
This is another thriller in a series with Helen Grace that I'm enjoying. I likes Eeny Meeny, the first book in this series and Pop Goes the Weasel is a nice second one!

This review was first posted on BiteIntoBooks Blog

Pros
Short chapters: The chapters in this book are short and I get the idea that this is something that makes me read a book a bit faster. Almost every chapter is ended with a plot twist, or something new that is discovered, which makes me want to keep reading.
Action paced: This boo
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This is the second book in the Helen Grace series was just better than the first. In this book DI Helen Grace is once again on the trail of a serial killer. The story opens one year after Eeny Meeny and Charlie has just returned to work after taking a year off to heal from her ordeal. When it appears that someone is targeting "Punters or Johns" the team gears up to catch another killer. The clues lead them to some chat rooms that rate prostitutes and it seems that all the men killed have been re ...more

• The Keeper (DI Sean Corrigan #2)
  • De kraamhulp
  • Ritueel (De Noordzeemoorden #3)
  • An Evil Mind (Robert Hunter, #6)
  • Next to Die (Joe & Sam Parker #1)
  • The Truth Will Out (DCI Helen Lavery #2)
  • Tweestrijd
  • Du
  • De onderkant van sneeuw
  • Eden (Archer & Bennett, #2)
  • Bloedlijn (Jessica Haider #1)
  • The Kill (Maeve Kerrigan, #5)
  • Upp till toppen av berget (A-gruppen, #3)
  • Jigsaw Man (Mark Tartaglia, #4)
  • The Dying Place (DI Murphy and DS Rossi, #2)
  • Tastes Like Fear (DI Marnie Rome, #3)
  • The Devil's Colony
  • Tirtha (Rani Diaz, #2)
M.J. Arlidge has worked in television for the last 15 years, specialising in high end drama production. Arlidge has produced a number of prime-time crime serials for ITV In the last five years, and is currently working on a major adaptation of The Last of the Mohicans for the BBC.

Helen Grace (8 books)
  • Eeny Meeny (Helen Grace, #1)
  • The Doll's House (Helen Grace, #3)
  • Liar Liar (Helen Grace, #4)
  • Little Boy Blue (Helen Grace, #5)
  • Hide and Seek (Helen Grace, #6)
  • Love Me Not (Helen Grace, #7)
  • Down to the Woods (Helen Grace #8)
“Whatever she did – whether in work or play – she did with utter determination, a will to succeed and a real sense of fun. And he missed her. He really, really missed her. Romantically she was impulsive and surprising, sexually she had been imaginative and mischievous, and emotionally she was always so giving.” 0 likes
“There is a fantasy that sustains you when you’re on active service. It’s the dream that sustains every soldier when he's stuck in some godforsaken dustbowl being shot at and shouted at. It’s the fantasy that there’s something better waiting for you at home. In this fantasy, your girl is keeping the home fires burning, hankering for your return.” 0 likes