Start by marking “Amy Maxwell & the 7 Deadly Sins” as Want to Read:
Amy Maxwell & the 7 Deadly Sins

Amy Maxwell & the 7 Deadly Sins (Amy Maxwell #2)

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  105 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Amy Maxwell still hasn’t caught up on laundry, her daughter Allie is still acting like a rebellious teen (and schooling her younger sister in that art), the two boys are still causing her to rip her hair out by the roots with their antics, and her husband Roger is STILL sitting in his arm chair uselessly engrossed in a reality show marathon. To add to her already mounting ...more
Published April 10th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Amy Maxwell & the 7 Deadly Sins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amy Maxwell & the 7 Deadly Sins

Tbird London
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-books
I have not read the first book, The 8 Mistakes of Amy Maxwell, but I certainly intend to after reading this one. Heather Balog has quickly become one of my re-read authors. This story was unique, fun, entertaining and on my list to be re-read soon. I was connected to Amy in the first chapter as she fought to get her teenage daughter to just get dressed, help out and make it to the bus on time. Her husband is pacing around demanding to know why he doesn’t have any clean pants to wear for work. A ...more
heather steigler
Cute

As a mom I enjoyed the character of Amy. The writing was good. Storyline was ok, not my favorite but ok. For me started strong but I'm seemed to lose interest about 3/4 through.
Jess (Shepherdjel)
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I was interested in Amy's life and back story then things just got a little crazy with her sister Beth...
Jody - A Spoonful of Happy Endings
Review first posted on my blog: http://spoonfulofhappyendings.blogspo...

After quite a turbulent year (which included being kidnapped together with her daughter and then saving the day), Amy Maxwell is determined to get a grip on everyday things such as the household, her three children, her lazy husband and her own life. After her adventurous experiences she has even decided to go back to college to have one foot in the door of the law enforcement world, which is a dream of hers. However, Amy's
Cissa
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Some people love this book. I expect they are enjoying the side of it that's "average but plucky wife and mother saves all!"- and that's one valid way to read it.

Unfortunately, Amy Maxwell met many of the qualities for which I dislike much "chick lit": she is a total doormat. Everyone treats her badly- husband, sister, kids- and she sucks it up and tries ever-harder to meet their ridiculous standards, when there isn't a chance; if she came close, they'd move the goalposts. And does she ever, EVE
Sara
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review for Chick Lit Central (www.chicklitcentral.com)

You’d think Amy would have learned a few lessons after everything she’d gone through while making her "8 Mistakes." You’d be wrong. In "7 Deadly Sins," we find Amy still deep in the trenches with her family. Her husband is still useless, and she’s still daydreaming about Jason. With everything on her plate, she’s also picked up a few classes at the local college. Sounds harmless, but it ends up the catalyst for another zany adventure that beg
Deepa
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a fun and easy read. The main character is funny, super annoying (that is how she is being portrayed) and real. Using many real life scenarios makes it very relatable. She doesn't do anything specific or incredible to make any situation better but still she tries and doesn't give up. I liked how her inner voice or fantasy mode comes at such inappropriate times adding more humor to the story.
I finished the book fast as it was entertaining throughout. Towards the end it got a little too sl
Misterg
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another in the unlikely life of a busy mum who attracts trouble. Once again she finds herself in a heap of trouble, with death being a definite possibility. As it is the second book in the series a lot of the characters and situations are assumed, so it's not really one to start the series with.

Recommended.
Rochelle Webb
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First I want to thank Heather Balog for this great told story... I loved it from the beginning to the end... All the antics to the little examples Amy uses.. I loved it.. This was my first one of the Amy Maxwell series and I think I will look for more to read.. So again thank you for allowing me to read such amazing book.. Till next time.
kristan martin
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Hate to rate a book so low because someone took the time to write it. However, I found it strangely immature, like a very young lady wrote it. But I started it and HAD to finish it. It was a comfortable, easy, entertaining enough read.
Christina
Aug 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Not as good as the first one. Still very humorous, however, fitting the 7 deadly sins into it seemed forced in some cases. Also, found many omitted or incorrect words. More like typos. Could have used better editing.
Carrie
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good

Read first book in series and then this one. It is funny and writer has a good flow but character can seriously annoy you at times but not enough for me to stop reading.
Karol
No respect for the English language

The author needs to fire her editor and learn the difference between peaked and piqued, baited and bated, monetarily and momentarily, break and brake, etc.
Judi
Jul 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It started out funny, and any mom of teenagers and toddlers would definitely relate...especially if you're also working or going back to school. The ending wasn't great, which is why it only earned three stars.
Lindsey Aoun
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Thoroughly enjoy reading these books. I love the crazy things that just seem to appear in an ordinary sham's life.
Linda Cole
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty funny

Amy is back and feisty as ever. The story was a little silly who would kidnap a child and have your husband seduce the mother to get money
Sec2000
Jan 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
blah didn't finish
Marilyn
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

the story that this woman who was trying to go back to school and rease her family with no help from her husband
Karin Jones
Jul 18, 2016
Sheri
Sep 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Shelled and Shucked - (The Rachael O'Brien Chronicles #3)
  • Walks Through Mist (The Dreaming, #1)
  • Ugly Girl Ties the Knot (Ugly Girl Series #2)
  • Insecurity and a Bottle of Merlot (Like Sisters #2)
  • The Naughty List (Christmas Street #3)
  • The Wedding Season
  • Santa Claus, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox #4.5)
  • Murder Among Friends (Kate Austen, #2)
  • The Hitwoman's Act of Contrition (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman, #10)
  • Organized for Homicide (Organized, #2)
  • Sweetened with Honey (A Farm Fresh Romance #3)
  • A Very Shitake Christmas (Shitake Mystery #1.5)
  • For a Good Time, Call...
  • Claus of Death (Myrtle Crumb #3)
  • Beautiful Illusion
  • The Bitches of Brooklyn
  • Country Lovers (Barleybridge #3)
  • Desperate to the Max (Max Starr, #3)
Heather Balog is a self proclaimed "Bad Mommy" and the author of ten novels, including the Amy Maxwell Cozy Mystery Series. She also collaborates with her "Tween-age" daughter on the Lexie Maxwell Series for young readers. She blogs at "The Bad Mommy Diaries" which, according to her family, is mostly obnoxious exaggeration, but it's much cheaper than therapy. When Heather is not writing or complai ...more
More about Heather Balog...

Amy Maxwell (3 books)
  • The 8 Mistakes of Amy Maxwell
  • Amy Maxwell's 6th Sense (Amy Maxwell #3)