Start by marking “Kissed by Fire (Blood & Magic #2)” as Want to Read:
Kissed by Fire (Blood & Magic #2)

Kissed by Fire

(Blood & Magic #2)

New Rule: If it has sharp teeth, don’t trust it.
Getting bit hurts like hell.

As Friend of the Pack, I should be untouchable, protected by the most influential group in the Pacific Northwest. But someone is unleashing rogue vampires to hunt me down, and I'm determined to find out why.

But on my hunt for answers, the unimaginable happens. Bound to one of the most influential p
Published September 13th 2015 by Danielle Annett

To ask other readers questions about Kissed by Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kissed by Fire

Start your review of Kissed by Fire (Blood & Magic #2)
Mandy
I received Kissed by Fire from the author in return for an honest review as part of the tour presented by Coffee and Characters. Kissed by Fire is the second installment in the Blood and Magic series which tells the story about Aria Naveed who is learning to deal with her power of fire. Aria has inherited Sanborn Place after Mike was attacked after all she was like the daughter they never had. She’s not a fan of the local alpha after he played her with the coven in the past but with the offer of ...more
The Gypsy Emmy
So, it's official...

... I'm addicted to this series! I most definitely just read the first two books on one sitting. I can't even begin to describe how awesome it was too read them back to back except for the fact that sleep is now a foreign thing to me and who's, I've got so many things to do today... Being an adult sucks sometimes.

Anyways...

This series is just so captivating to me. I love the plot and the characters kick ass. The tension with the romance is building and I'm about to burst. I
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Definitely loving this more as it goes and more is revealed and explained. It does remind me a lot of other UF series out there so it isn't exactly stand out for an particular reason other than its just a fun series so far and I like the characters.
Sapphyria
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warning ~ There will be book 1 spoilers! Proceed with caution.

After the murder of Mike the owner of Sanborn Place, Aria is informed that the company has been left to her. Her first case takes her to a farm with paranormal activity. When the supernatural being comes out of the shadows, it's more powerful than she could have ever imagined. Calling in her back up, she makes a decision that nearly costs Aria her life. Her savior does something that saves her life but binds her, as well.

This twist in
Feminista
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 1 was alright. But book 2 had such a twist with the romance. Let me put it this way, I did not see it coming.
JadeShea
Kissed by Fire begins about a month after the first book ends. Aria gets to take over Sanborn Place and takes on her first case. The problem is she needs back up, and when back up comes her life changes in ways she never imaged. Now, she must learn to deal with the new issues she has and other things including mommy dearest.... She's in for a wild ride.

I was anxiously waiting for this book once I finished the first one, and I was not disappointed!
I loved this one. It was very good. I loved wha
Mellena
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kissed by Fire was a fantastic second book in Danielle Annett's Blood & Magic series! It was full of action. Aria is still in trouble and still trying to figure things out. It is full of emotion. This book puts a reader through a full range of emotions as Aria deals with the aftermath of what happened in book one as well as dealing with what is coming at her in this book. And we get just a hint of romance in the air. I love how Danielle Annett writes. Her books are so intriguing, action packed, ...more
Berls
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Full review coming soon.
Elizabeth Mathis
As Friend of the Pack, Aria Naveed should be untouchable, protected by the most influential group in the Pacific Northwest. But someone is unleashing rogue vampires to hunt her down, and she is determined to find out why.

When Aria gains command of Sanborn Place and takes on a case involving a mysterious paranormal, her life is put in more peril than ever as she finds herself bound to an influential power player. She doesn't want to be anyone's puppet, but must tread carefully as she traverses th
Melanie
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Review posted here...
Kissed by Fire is the second book in the Blood & Magic series and it was definitely as fab as the first!

As the dust settles on the aftermath of book 1, Aria finds herself dealing with mixed emotions – grieving for the loss of her father figure and employer Mike, guilt over his death, betrayal by more than one person which is seriously messing with her emotions and the need for normalcy. When she finds out that Mike has left her Sanbor
Maghon Thomas
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy nightmare! I about had a fit when this one ended! Really, I wanna know what's gunna happen NOW!!! I mean, there's a good bit of crazy going around, and I have totally fallen in love with this series. We picked up right where we ended in the first book, and it started with a whammy! This is the second book, and it's as good, if not better, than the first!!

So, Aria Naveed is trying to deal with her powers of fire. She is also trying to cope with a loss that rocked her. After the attack on he
Judy
After reading and enjoying the first book in this series, Cursed by Fire, I was excited to see the next book come available on Netgalley. It was on my sequels that I was very interested in reading, and it helped me to finish up my Month of TBRs quicker, so that I could get started on this. I wasn't disappointed and devoured it in one sitting.

The story begins a few weeks after the death of her mentor, Mike. When Aria finally works up the courage to go see his widow, she finds out that he left th
Anniek
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this second book of the Blood & Magic series Danielle Annett continues writing about Aria, a pyrokineticon who's on her path to justice. After finding out who killed Daniel, a young shifter boy, and being attacked Aria now falls under the protection of the shifter pack. Aria found out some new facts that turned her world upside down. Aria is working through her grief after losing people who were close to her. She also learns that she is now the owner of Sanborn Place. This comes with extra re ...more
Diane Lynch
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kissed by Fire takes place right after book one, Cursed by Fire; Aria Naveed is on a new case while simultaneously being attacked by rogue vampires.

I loved Kissed by Fire by Danielle Annett. It had some interesting twists and built on the foundation set in book one.

Aria is struggling with some of the aftermath from the first book. In addition, her association with Alpha, Declan Valkenaar, goes in an unexpected direction. The two are extremely strong-willed making every encounter attention-grabb
Misty Gee
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given this ARC in return for an honest review. Kissed by Fire is book 2 in the Blood and Magic series. I couldn't put this book down till I got the end of the book. Kissed by Fire is a great addition to Cursed by Fire.
Aria Naveed gets Sanborn Place from her long time friend and partner Mike who was killed in Cursed by Fire. She is also friend to the local pack. Aria is a pyrokinetic and is wanted by every evil paranormal entity dead.
Aria uses her training to try and figure out who wants he
Emmyjo
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was also fast paced as the first book and I love that. Now we see Aria struggling and coming to terms with her mother being alive after all this time. And she works for the enemy or is the enemy?
Aria also learns there are so many more people just like her.
But Aria gets closer with the shifter pack and becomes a friend of sorts.
Her feelings for Inarus are complicated, she likes him but doesn't trust him or the cause that he is working for...
Then there is Declan the alpha of the shifter
Tia
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well Written Second Book

Ari is independent, impulsive and kickass. After the death of Mike, she's working on control. She's put off balance and frustrated when everyone tries to keep her safe. She's lived on her own and survived for six years! What Ari doesn't get is she has people who care but it can feel suffocating. It's not easy to let yourself be taken care of. Betrayed previously and attacked for an unknown reason Ari has a face to face with the last person who she thought she'd speak to.
Sheila Ryals
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Aria was just a bit to prickly for my taste. Kind of annoyed me. I did enjoy the storyline. I think it would of gone Just a tad bit smoother if she lightened up just a tad. The end was way better even though she went from prickly pear to sounding like a normal bad ass female. The twist with her and Declan most definitely made me very happy. Can not wait for the next book. I really hope her new attitude sticks.
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
I received a copy from NetGalley for an honest review.

This was just as good as the first book! Now I have to anxiously wait for the next one. This is one of the best UF series I've started in a while and I don't want to wait for the next one!! The ending was a bit abrupt but it just makes me want the next book even more.
Trinity
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Kim Harrison, fans of early LKH
I recieved an ARC of this novel through NetGalley.

This book is such a fantastic urban-fantasy novel. I had not read the first in the series (and didn't need to) but now I want to. Any fan of the Rachel Morgan series needs to give this one a shot!
Merideth
Apr 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I like this book more then the 1st. It wrap up some loose from the last book however it ended very suddenly. overall a good read
Summer
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New Author great read.

Great easy read for a paranormal series, looking forward to book 3 in the series. I can't wait to see where are this is leading.
Coco.V
Dec 27, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (12/27/2019)! 🎁
Chris
Nov 26, 2016 rated it liked it
First a bit of background. I really liked the the first book in the series, Cursed by Fire. I really liked the concept of a pyrokinetic main character and the story was intriguing. My only real complaints were that it was too short, not quite enough character development for anyone beyond Aria and most importantly there was no actual resolution to any of the plot lines. That last part was what made me eager to continue on to the next book. I needed to know what happened next.

So here we are. Kiss
Tayla B
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Better than the first book. Had a relationship development twist I did not even come close to predicting! Preparing myself to binge the rest of the series.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
As we delve into Kissed by Fire book two in the Blood & Magic series we find Aria trying to come to terms with the fact that she has inherited Sanborn Place from her friend and father figure Mike. She feels guilt over the fact that he died because someone was looking for her. She was supposed to be the one who died not Mike after all she is the one that they want dead.

Someone wants her dead very badly and is sending vampires that are not ready to be on their own as of yet they are too young. Wh
Mary aka scooby
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fire is burning hotter. Aria is now friend to the pack. Rogue vampires are out to get her with her picture in their pockets . And if she wants to survive she needs to solve this mystery before someone ends her life. This book kept me entertained i started it and it sucked me right in and then the end was upon me . Aria is a strong female that can't be pushed around . i can't wait for the next book
Jana Gundy
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great sequel

Okay so I really enjoyed this one and thought the author did A good job with continuing the story yet leaving enough hanging to continue the series. So, what happens to her and Declan is a tad abrupt but when you really look at Aria and her past, it's not hard to surmise that she has a hard time with any kind of soft feeling. She's really like Katniss from the Hunger Games. I look forward to the next in the series.
Debra
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series

Am on to book 3. A lot is going on this alternate world. Some very good people. Some very bad. There is no confusion. The characters are well rounded without that constant skipping back to the past that seems to be the norm. Their pasts get thrown in conversationally and gets what's important to the story.
ashley
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kissed by fire

A great easy summer read. Read cursed by fire first. I enjoyed the characters , hope to see a third with a resolution for hac , a war is brewing, I'd be interested to see that come full circle
« previous 1 3 next »

• Cursed by Fire (Blood & Magic #1)
  • Shift (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #1)
  • Alpha (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #3)
  • From the Grave (Mackenzie Grey: Trials # 1)
  • Caged (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #2)
  • Omega (Mackenzie Grey: Origins #4)
  • Shadow Magic (Hidden Magic #1)
  • Spiked (Sundance #1)
  • Curse Breaker (Mackenzie Grey: Trials #2)
  • Shadows & Surrender (The Jezebel Files, #3)
  • Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • Change of Heart (The Potentate of Atlanta, #3)
  • Forgotten Magic (Stolen Magic Book 1)
  • Broken Loyalty (Jacky Leon, #3)
  • Fractured Flame (Firebird Uncaged Book 1)
  • Sabotaged (Sundance, #3)
  • Death & Desire (The Jezebel Files, #2)
  • Emergence (Sever the Crown, #1)
I'm just a girl with an obsession for Marvel movies, a love of all things Urban Fantasy, and a cheerleader for the underdog in any given story.

If you're looking for a heroine you can root for ... someone who defies the odds and gets up every time they're knocked down ... then look no further because that's what you'll find in my books.

I hope you'll join me in Aria Naveed's adventures. She's pretty

Blood & Magic (7 books)
  • Cursed by Fire (Blood & Magic #1)
  • Burned by Fire (Blood & Magic, #3)
  • Branded by Fire (Blood & Magic, #4)
  • Consumed by Fire (Blood and Magic, #5)
  • Forged by Fire (Blood & Magic #6)
  • Magic Born in Fire: A Snarky Urban Fantasy Adventure