Start by marking “Blurred Lines (Love Unexpectedly #1)” as Want to Read:
Blurred Lines (Love Unexpectedly #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Blurred Lines (Love Unexpectedly #1)

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  10,942 Ratings  ·  1,056 Reviews
In a novel that's perfect for fans of Abbi Glines and Jessica Sorensen, USA Today bestselling author Lauren Layne delivers a sexy take on the timeless question: Can a guy and a girl really be “just friends”?

When Parker Blanton meets Ben Olsen during her freshman year of college, the connection is immediate—and platonic. Six years later, they're still best friends, sharing
Published August 25th 2015 by Loveswept

Lisa Jayne
FIVE TALK OR MUTE STARS.

The arrangement works perfectly ... At first.

description

Anyone who loves the 'friends to lovers' trope would be certifiably crazy not to fall in love with this sweet novel. Lauren Layne can quite honestly do no wrong in my eyes and this book just goes to show that I can not get enough of this authors style. Everything (and I mean everything) that this author releases is always a reading treat and I was giddy excited to see that this latest LL book was yet another 'friends to lover
Patrycja

Release Date: 25 August, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

‘Friends to lovers’ is one of my favorite tropes in romance. I desperately crave those stories, and to put it out there: they are my obsession. I want my lover to be my friend. So of course I needed to read Blurred Lines. I loved every other book Lauren Layne’s published so I knew this one would be a sweet treat. I was not disappointed.

B
Amy (Foxy)
May 07, 2015 Amy (Foxy) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Jeanne
On Netgalley -> http://bit.ly/1KmA5YC
For more NG Finds -> http://bit.ly/1tiucb4
5/7/2015

YES, a book that has my alma mater in it! Who doesn’t want to read about where they went to college?! When Jeanne told me to check this book out because the University of Oregon is in it I was ecstatic. It’s rare I find a book that has the UO mentioned in it and the only other book I’ve read that has mentioned it is Captive in the Dark. I’m sure most people have read that book but I’ll refresh your memor
Catarina
May 09, 2015 Catarina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 “Talk or Mute” Star.

I will not say much about this book, because in the end of the day the storyline is pretty simple. (But not be put-out by it, it’s a great book.)
Ben and Parker are friends for ages, they are even housemates. Until it comes a time where both are single and decide, why not? Why not try the friends and benefits stuff and going back when they both find someone?
The worst part of it is that neither of them could go back, and now they have to learn how to move on without losi
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 03, 2015 Jennifer Kyle rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
"Guys and girls can't be just friends. Or not best friends, anyway."

description

This is the typical best friends that venture into friends with benefits to more story line. The author does start it off very witty but for some reason I didn’t get any butterflies in my belly reading it and the more I read the more annoyed I got with the heroine.

description

Parker and Ben are roommates and the very best of friends. When Parker’s boyfriend of five years dumps her she feels the need to turn into a slut because she hasn’t
Brandi

Guys and girls really can be best friends.

Parker and Ben think they have it all figured out. They've been best friends for 6 years and roommates since college. They are the perfect example of a guy and girl being able to maintain a platonic relationship. That is until Parker's boyfriend of 5 years dumps her. While nursing her broken heart wounded pride, she decides to focus on her neglected lady bits, and makes a proposition.

description

But, as we all know, things get messy when friends start having sex
Wendy'sThoughts
May 15, 2015 Wendy'sThoughts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lauren Layne Fans, Romance
4 Too Blind to See Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
I am a Lauren Layne fan. There I said it. Loved her series of Sex, Love & Stiletto big time. Read some of her other works before that and every time, finished with a silly grin on my face. Her writing hits a place where I connect fully and that is just okie dokie with me.

In this book, we have the universal question, " Can women and men just be friends"...and it is with this premise, our two main characters have defied the odds... not only are the
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)
Available now!! Click here

We begin walking, and the tension seems to fade, and I think we're back to normal. Back to where we should be.
But then...
Ben slowly reaches out a hand toward me, and I'm confused right up until the moment his fingers brush mine.
The gesture is tentative. Sweet. And maybe just a little desperate for something that neither of us want to name.
Ben-my best friend in the whole world-is holding my hand.

Sigh. I'm biased. So so sooo biased...except I'm not. Every time I go to p
Elizabeth
4.5 Friends to Lovers Stars

"Guys and girls can't be just friends. Or not best friends, anyway"

Or can they?

description

Blurred Lines is a beautiful friends to lovers story. The witty dialogue and tender romance between an America’s Sweetheart named Parker and her wayward best friend (and roommate) Lance is off the charts fun!

Lance and Parker have been friends for years. They met in college and have been inseparable since. They proudly live by the belief that a boy and a girl can be best friends. Sex doesn’t
Jen
May 09, 2015 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-favorites, arcs
5 “Talk or Mute?” Stars

I have to say that Lauren Layne has quickly become one of my go to authors for things to read. All of the books I’ve read by her have been winners for me including Blurred Lines. The writing style of this author always keeps me engaged and wanting for more. I’m also a huge fan of dual POVs and friends-to-lovers stories and this had both. I loved this book!

Parker and Ben have been BEST friends ever since their freshman year of college. After graduating they moved in toge
Jen
3.5 Please Don’t Say “Cello” Stars

Since it’s just you and me, you won’t have to worry if you’re at just the right angle that makes your stomach look flattest—and don’t lie, I know girls do that—and I don’t have to worry about what you’ll think of my size. Just kidding on the last one, I know it’s hugely impressive, and—“
I laugh, pushing him backward. “Okay, fine. You win. You promise not to notice my food baby, and I’ll promise not to laugh at your tiny thingy.”
His smile drops in mock seriousnes
Dee Montoya
****4 ~Best Friends In Love~Stars****

(ARC Provided By Netgalley)

Very entertaining story about best friends turned lovers. Two best friends/roommates who after making a very sexy deal will find way more that they were bargaining for. They have a very close friendship and a deep love for one another, but what happens when the lines between friendship and love start to get blurred?

photo 207e89df-1beb-41f9-aded-d2923a924028_zpshvwptsjm.jpg

Ben and Parker have been best friends and roommates for the past six years. They pride themselves in being the except
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3 Stars

Ben and my no strings attached relationship?
Yeah. Turns out that there are suddenly strings after all.
And I'm completely tangled in them.

I adore all things Lauren Layne, so it was an absolute no brainer decision when I saw she was coming out with a book for one of my favorite tropes; friends to lovers, to dive right in. Lauren is my go-to author whenever I need a light and easy read filled with swoony romance and endearing characters. Blurred Lines certainly fit that and then some. It
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

Buddy Read with my favorite partners in crime, Chelsea (★★★★★) and Kat (★★) (click to read their reviews)

Warning : It is not a nice review. Indeed while most Lauren Layne's books worked for me, this one infuriated me too much. Way. Too. Much. Just thought I'd warn you. If you think you'll be offended by my review, then I'd say just don't read it :)

Well, sigh, it's like all my biggest peeves were blinded together in a book, for crying out loud - without near enough redeeming qualities.

He
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 4.5 Stars ★★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon - http://amzn.to/1hsy0CC
Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/1KxMjN1

Gah, I loved this one! Friends to lovers + insecure manwhore = My kinda angsty story. Sometimes I like torture myself and this book delivered on all counts, I couldn't put the bloody book down.

Parker Blanton and Ben Olsen are roomies, and they have been best friends since they met in their first year of college. They are now 24 and never once have they considered taking their friendship to a different
Amanda
4.5 'BFF' stars

This seems to be the book that had a lot of contradicting reviews among my friends, which made me wary prior reading it, but now that I'm done, I'll just gonna go with my opinion. For a romantic comedy genre, I love it!

The premise might sounds cliché (the whole best friends hooking up with each other and ended up complicating their friendship) and the backbone of the story is predictable. But is the minor details and the journey towards HEA that make this one incredibly lovely rea
Didi
I LOVE friends to lovers! Especially when it's done so perfectly that you can't help but cry and laugh at the beauty of it all. I adore seeing two people who've always been platonic friends discover that there's more...more of everything and it's with the one person who they already trust, value and care about.
Ben and Parker were those people. Seeing Ben shed his womanizer ways and become vulnerable for the woman he loves was perfection. His feelings for Parker felt contained, like they were at
Jeanne

This book read a lot like a favorite romantic comedy,

Parker and Ben have been best friends and roommates since college. Parker has been in a committed relationship, and Ben is your typical player, picking up a different chick every week-end.

When Parker finds herself unexpectedly single, one thing leads to another...

Lauren Layne is one of my favorite authors for a reason. I love every thing about her writing style. She is just of those outstanding writers who can take a story line tha
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
LIVE on AMZ- http://amzn.to/1hDgpI8

3.75 "Talk or Mute" Stars!

photo BA2E03D6-9518-4E5F-9C81-2B57380E45EB_zpshqezz3oi.jpg

Blurred Lines
was a cute friends-to-lovers NA read. Parker and Ben have been best friends for years- dating back to freshman year in college. Now graduates tackling their careers, they've defied the odds- still best buddies, roommates, and car-pool pals. Everyone says a guy and girl can't keep it platonic but boy, they've proved them all wrong... Or have they?

When Parker's long-time boyfriend dumps her, she finds herself questioning th
NiCoLeTa E.
***4 Oblivious Stars from me***

Well, i liked that book very much!!!

It was a wonderfull and easy reading story, but in some point i nearly lost my mind and that's the reason that i couldn't stop reading until dawn!!! I needed to find out what will happen at the end!!!

That book had it all!!!!
It was funny, very emotional and yes, in a point for me was nerve-racking!!!

If you'll searching for an original story, that's not your book!!!!
The story is a little bit of chiché, but the way that is written
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
A Cute & Gorgeous Read & it's LIVE
* Amazon US * Amazon UK *

Blurred Lines is a sexy, hot, delicious friends to lovers romance told from the dual perspective of the main protagonists, Parker and Ben.

The first person narrative and the personality of the hero and heroine immediately captured my attention and drew me into their daily life of simply being together and all that it entails. There were times I felt a swell of emotion as their easy friendship eloquently touched my heart. Their co
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
3 stars

I did enjoy this book to begin with. I found the banter fun, the chemistry was there and LLs writing always hooks me. I really thought this would be at least a 4 star book.

Unfortunately, it was another one of those books that went downhill after a certain point and it was just disappointing the way things were played out. It was still an ok read though (once I forgot how pissed I was).

ARC provided by NetGalley
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
2.5 to 3 cello stars!

Loved the first half of the book. Then 75% came around and it all went to hell and didn't get better until 94% which was a little too late for me. :(

Full review to come...

ARC provided by Loveswept in exchange for an honest review.
Michelle
4 Best Friends To Lovers Stars!

I love Lauren's books! I was glad I started this one early in the day or I would of been up all night. Once I start one of her books I ignore everything around me because I can't put the book down.

Parker Blanton and Ben Olsen meet during her freshman year of college. Six years later and they're still best friends. They are sharing an apartment. Their relationship is strictly platonic. Parker has been dating her boyfriend Lance for 5 years and Ben is a one night st
XxTainaxX
Aug 30, 2015 XxTainaxX rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best friends to lovers is one of my favorite tropes and this story is a reminder of why. I love the connection that Parker and Ben share. They know eachother on a deeper level and move beyond the awkward new love discomfort seamlessly. Their chemistry in the bedroom is matched by their chemistry outside of it. Great read!
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
2 For Once LL Did Not Deliver Stars

There is a little moment in every book that you can just sense whether you're gonna enjoy reading it or not. That moment came quite early for me in this book, like 2 chapters in, early. The book is written in two first-person POVs, one for Parker and one for Ben. I am usually a fun of double POVs in contemporary books(or any romance really) but I absolutely hate first-person, multiple POV writing. If I have more than one narrators then I want it to be a third o
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
4 "Not So Blurred" Stars

Can men and women be best of friends, live together and not have sex? That is the age old question....Blurred Lines ask the question and delivered it wonderfully.

photo Blurred Lines_zpssbuts4tx.jpg

This is a sweet and romantic tale of friends to lovers. Friends who have always had a desire for the other but kept it private, never wanting to forsake the true friendship they had cultivated. But isn't falling in love, being in love, usually with the one you call your best friend? Sometimes the timing isn't ri
♥Sharon♥

Okay friends, this is another one for my "liked it but didn't love it" shelf.

I have read a number of Lauren Layne's books and really enjoyed them but this one fell into the sweet and predictable category and just never elevated to anything more.

I'm glad I read it and would recommend it if you enjoy LL's writing. :)

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

I fucking loved it!

And for some reason my eyes felt all watery nearer the end, but that was the onions, yep - DAMN THOSE INVISIBLE ONIONS!

description

This was one of those stories were, despite the main man being a complete man-ho, I loved him. The relationship between him and Parker was spot on. ALL of this was spot on. I have NO complaints, none!

(view spoiler)
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***3.75 Stars***

This was a great friends-to-lovers tale that asks the age old question....can a guy and a girl have a platonic relationship without ever developing feelings for each other?

Parker and Ben have been friends since college. They've had six years of defending their friendship and telling people that there's nothing between them....and there really isn't. Not until Parker's boyfriend breaks up with her and she starts to think that maybe she just needs to be a bit of a slut for a while.
Lauren Layne Read...: Blurred Lines (Love Unexpectedly #1 ) On Sale 2 15 Apr 22, 2016 08:31PM
♥ BR ♥: Blurred Lines br 83 46 May 09, 2015 07:54AM
  • How Forever Feels (Friends First, #4)
  • Doing It for Love (All About Love, #1)
  • When I Fall (Montgomery Manor #2)
  • Stealing Second (Feeling the Heat, #5)
  • More Than Water (More Than Water, #1)
  • The Song Remains the Same (NOLA's Own #3)
  • To Please A Lady (Seduction, #3)
  • Blade Dance (Cold Iron, #4)
  • Caught Up in the Touch (Falcon Football, #2)
  • Point of No Return (Point, #3)
  • Love Struck (Miss Match, #2)
  • Touch & Go (Dare to Love, #2)
  • Undeniably You
  • Grave Destinations (Grave, #2)
  • Calling It (Calling It, #1)
  • Twisted Paths (Twisted, #2)
  • Captive Films 2.2
  • The Hang Up (First Impressions, #2)
Lauren Layne is the New York Times bestselling author of over a dozen romantic comedies.

A former e-commerce and web marketing manager from Seattle, Lauren relocated to New York City in 2011 to pursue a full-time writing career.

She lives in midtown Manhattan with her high-school sweetheart, where she writes smart romantic comedies with just enough sexy-times to make your mother blush. In LL's ideal
More about Lauren Layne...

Love Unexpectedly (5 books)
  • Good Girl
  • Love Story
  • Walk of Shame
  • An Ex for Christmas

“You hurt me, I want to say. You’re my best friend. The one who’s supposed to tell me I’d be the best boyfriend in the world and that any girl would be lucky to have me, not the one who laughs outright at the thought that I might need someone to love.” 7 likes
“Chemistry is like anything in life. The more you look for it, the harder it is to find.” 5 likes