Start by marking “Bloody Beginnings (Isabella Howerton, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bloody Beginnings (Isabella Howerton, #1)

Bloody Beginnings

(Isabella Howerton #1)

What if there was a vaccine to cure the flu... permanently?
Would you blindly get the vaccine? What if you were forced?

Isabella Howerton's brother was just a Junior Researcher working for a major pharmaceutical company, when he suddenly went missing. Months later, she gets a frantic phone call from him. His message: Don't get the vaccine!
What could be so bad about a simp
Published March 24th 2015 by CreateSpace (first published January 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Bloody Beginnings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloody Beginnings

Josh
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Isabella's brother is missing. His last words were "don't get the vaccine", but now he's gone and the school where she works is giving everyone a vaccine.

This book is a nice romp through the land of vampires and werewolves - with Isabella in the middle. It adds in some nice touches of modern science to the age old vampire issue, but mostly keeps to the same archetypes.

*I got this book through GoodRead's Giveaways - an excellent source of interesting books!
Nicole
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love love loved it!! Great story, fast pace, intriguing characters. I couldn't put it down, and now I can't wait for the next one!
Monika P.
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bloody Beginnings is bloody awesome. This world of Werewolves and Vampires is very different from what I have been reading before. I got pulled into the story from the first page on. Non-stop action and a fast pace left me no time for a break. I just couldn't put the book down. There are a lot of enigmatic characters that you really want to like BUT be careful. Who seems like a friend could be a foe and vice versa. So many twists and turns in this story that it kept me on the edge of my seat. Ju ...more
Rebecca
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a different kind of vamp story.

This was another Facebook I wasn't sure I was going to like but I was really surprised! It starts off really exciting a few pages in and never stops till the end.
I have read a he l of a lot of vamp books and a lot of them are the same with No different concepts but this one had a story I have never seen in any of the books I've read. It was a nice change to read a different way of having vamps around... well not really sure how to explain it as I'm a sculptor
Fiona Weaver
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5⭐ for me. I enjoyed many things about this story but I was left feeling a little underwhelmed. I can’t quite put my finger on what I didn’t enjoy about it. There were long swathes of description that I didn’t feel needed so much time and the character development wasn’t so exciting. Having said that, there was a lot of the story that had me hooked. I would like to know what happens (it’s not a complete story) but I’m not completely convinced that I will read further. ...more
Shoulanda August
Wow

I'm completely shocked and overwhelmed. This was so much more than I thought it would be. I love shifters and was kind of hesitating due to the vamps. My first read by author Laura Hysell I believe....I'm beyond impressed. Strong storyline and characters. Loved Izzy
Patricia Burleson
Good

This is a very interesting book. There is action, friendships, mystery, vampires and werewolves. The characters are strong and the story line is good. So grab your copy and enjoy reading.
Lou Ann
Good book!

The characters are easy to understand and the plot flows well but the editing needs more work. “At” followed by a verb doesn’t work as a noun.
Mindy
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great fast paced story

I was unsure about reading ANOTHER vampire book, but this one has just enough things that are different than all the others that it isn't just ANOTHER vampire book. I would highly recommend this book. It was fast paced and kept me reading wanting to know what happens.
Cori Byrd
Nov 16, 2018
WithaK
Feb 23, 2018
Laura Hysell
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Carol A. Farris
Sep 07, 2017
Becca
Jan 08, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Update covers 4 32 Oct 11, 2017 07:46AM
  • Taming Shadows (Revelations #1)
  • Feast of Fates (Four Feasts Till Darkness #1)
  • The Robespierre Conspiracy: Book One
  • Unhinge Me
  • INFECtIOUS (INFECtIOUS, #1)
  • Resist (Resistance #2)
  • Gauntlet Fall (The Gauntlet Book 1)
  • The Last Motley
  • The Guardians: Earth (Guardians #1)
  • Visions and Shadows (Vaalbara, #1)
  • Flight of the Akero: The Book of Milo
  • Kinjitsu
  • The Keys of the Watchmen (The Watchmen Saga #1)
  • Awakenings
  • A Change of Hate
  • Welcome to Harmony
  • The Widening Gyre
  • The Ancient Whisper (A Whisper of a Mystery Trilogy #1)
Laura Hysell is a USA Today Bestselling Author. She writes dark urban fantasy and paranormal romance. Books include the Other Worlds Sci-Fi & Paranormal Romance Collection, and the Isabella Howerton Series.

Isabella Howerton (3 books)
  • Bloody Consequences (Isabella Howerton #2)
  • Bloody Defiance (Isabella Howerton #3)