Start by marking “Tracking Magic (Rylee Adamson, #0.25)” as Want to Read:
Tracking Magic (Rylee Adamson, #0.25)

Tracking Magic

(Rylee Adamson 0.25)

"My name is Rylee, and I am a Tracker."

When children go missing, and the Humans have no leads, I'm the one they call. I am their last hope in bringing home the lost ones. I salvage what they cannot.

A missing girl and a deadly item belonging to a power-mad demon need to be found before the killing begins. The problem? This is my first salvage.

And I have no idea what I’
ebook
Published May 19th 2015 by HiJinks Ink Publishing, Ltd.

Boundless Book Reviews
Tracking Magic is the prequel to all the Rylee Adamson novels. However it was published after Elementally Priceless.

All I have to say that I'm glad this was released in the order it was, because I would have HATED Milly right from the beginning of the series. I would have also had some insight that I'm glad I discovered as the story unfolded. Not right at the beginning.

For those of you who have read all the novels you should be eagerly awaiting Blood of The Lost. If you are just discovering the
*Suzy (ereaderuser)*
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nice to see how it all started.
Amanda
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This seems like a good novella with good background info regarding Rylee and Milly. Granted, I’m currently reading both Rylee’s series and Larkspur’s series in chronological order and per Shannon’s website she had this novella listed prior to actually starting Priceless. I kind of feel like I spoiler-ed what’s to come by reading this now. Wish I had skimmed some of the reviews that suggested not reading this early on, but that’s my fault. That said, there were a ton of typos for such a short nov ...more
greeneyes9999
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I loved it.

After all these years, I came across this story. It was so awesome to see the very beginning of Rylee. I’m just starting my book devouring tour, starting here and going thru to the end. Thank you for this story. It was awesome to read a Rylee story that was new to me. Thank goodness for kindles and e-readers or I’d have replaced all of my Rylee series 5 times over. Like I said, a good book is meant to be read and reread till the pages fall out and then you get a brand new shiny n
Mirinda Turner
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent as always!!

Well this answered some questions that I had from reading the series. On one hand I feel sorry for Milly. I guess in the end when she was no longer taken over by Orion’s influences she really was the Milly Rylee knew her to be. Here in the novella we only see the one that is completely controlled by Orion. How cruel to give Giselle the madness! Oh that really got my blood boiling. Of course Rylee had to go through all the trials and tribulations throughout the series in ord
Donne Knudsen
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Meh!!! It was ok but a little disappointing because the summary makes Rylee sound like a badass and she is sooo NOT!! Badass is Patricia Brigg's Mercy Thompson or Karen Moning's Mac & Dani or even Annie Bellet's Jade Crow. Compared to them, Rylee is a badass wannabe. Actually, that might not be fair since all the real badasses are older, thus making Rylee a badass in training.

Anyway, I could see where the series was going and it's too YA for me.
Cmoore
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just listened to the audio version of this book, and it was great... This prequel short is a great entryway, as it should be to the rest of the series... You get to explore her magic and the new, to her, reality where monsters are real... If you can listen to the audio version because the narrator Lauren Fortgang is awesome...
Either way you won't want to miss this one...
Rachel
Jan 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-library
I am so confused. Maybe I shouldn't have read this short story before any of the others?
Hopefully what I read here makes more sense after I read Elementally Priceless and Priceless.
Rylee sounds like me when I was a teenager. Angry at the world and possessing a b.s. quota that's already hit its limit.
I'm interested enough by what I saw here to keep reading.
Donna-Dee Mullings
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Surprising twist! Interesting

Rylee takes her 1st assignment, while her mentor, Gisele, looks on. This all takes place before Rylee and Gisele realize she's a Tracker. The salvage springs a surprising twist at the end, one where I am really looking forward to seeing the resolution.
Pamela Love
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excert

Not a bad little dip into the beginning of Riley's world, even before Elementally Priceless. Explains how Riley got started, met Milly and Giselle. Not necessarily needed to read the other books, but a nice tidbit to read.
Kelly Trobaugh
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting introduction to the series. I wonder how Giselle found Rylee to begin with. Can tell that Orion is going to be a big part of this series and not in a good way. While I feel a little sorry for Millie, I'm soooo not liking her.
Mary
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The beginning of Rylee & Intro of Milly

This novella was a great addition to the Rylee Adamson series. We now know how Rylee started tracking and how Milly came into the story. Shannon is a fantastic writer. You will enjoy anything she imagines and puts down on paper.
Amanda
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Short story to introduce a new (to me) series. Concept is good, main character swears horribly. Because this "pre" prequel was written after the series canon was started, it felt like I was still missing some information about the characters, so I look forward to reading book one.
Andrea Hastings
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was great seeing Rylee's first experience with tracking and learning more about Milly. This book also explains more about Orion and Giselle. A great read and full of important information for Rylee's future.
Dawn Kaufman
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great origins story

A fun, quick read that offers insight on Rylee's youth and early relationships with Millie and Giselle. It also adds new dimension to the story as I've come to know it so far. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Levia
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
If the rest of this weren't so captivating I'd rate this two stars for that exasperating ending.
Milena
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
now it makes sense
angie beth
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I like the story. I have almost finished the series. This is a great story. I love the characters and this world is amazing!!
Babygreendragons7323
The short story was good but seemed to just stop not have a real ending.
Joseph
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
So I made the mistake of "starting at the beginning" and reading the prequels first.

This is a mistake. I've started in on book one and the spoilers in this make me kinda not want to bother.
Richard Goodrum
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating introduction. Rylee and Giselle are as good as it gets. Milly's introduction is far less flattering. This story paints a whole new perspective on the series. I look forward to more.
Kristie Heath
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So excited I’ve found a new, great writer.
Nova-Starr
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All Rylee books are amazing!!!
Howard
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great novella. I wished it was a little longer to prevent that sudden stop at the end.
kim caldwell
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very short!

It did help explain when Gizelle, Molly and Rylie all met. Little twist at the end, which gave me an ahhhaa moment!
Windy Skirt
Four stars for the writing, two stars for wishing I hadn't read this before I started the series.
Courtney
I've been debating on whether or not to start this series for a little while now. It seems like something I'd like but I've been burned before. Anyway, there was a sale on the first book so I went ahead and bought it and found this novella at the same time.

Though it's listed as 0.25 in the series, I feel like it's one of those that will be more significant after you've had a little more of the story.

I like Rylee so far, she seems like a kick ass kind of girl and I'm actually pretty excited to
Barb Shuler
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well hello my friendly little novella. I swear with each book of novella Shannon writes my love for Rylee and this series grows ten fold. It's a fantastic adventure in the pages of each book or novella. You get to dive into Rylee's world and explore, bringing back more knowledge than you had before.

***small spoiler alert***

So in Tracking Magic we learn how Rylee becomes a tracker. A fluke. Who knew but I guess worse things have happened. We also get to meet Milly for the first the and... Yeah sh
Michelle Clem
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful little side story!

I am beginning to think that everything Shannon Mayer writes is GOLD!! PLATINUM!! WITH DIAMONDS!!!
I'm glad I didn't read this before starting the series. I'm between 5 & 6, and needed something to relax with, and this was perfect!! So, my recommendation is not to read this until you're at that point, because there is a whole aspect in this short story that you do not even know about.
***SPOILERS BELOW THIS MARK***
All I can say is poor Milly. I don't even think sh
Dawn
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rylee's story , the beginning . Great short story.

Rylee Adamson is 17 and receiving training from her mentor Giselle. Rylee's first encounter with Millie is highlighted. Rylee just learns she has supernatural abilities and that there is a possibility she can track her little sister Burget, if it weren't for the fact she believes her sister is dead and she feels responsible. Rylee encounters the FBI agent determined to make a name for himself by charging her with her sister's death if he can arre
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ruled by Steel (Ascension #3)
  • Thistle & Thorne
  • Overtaken: Bonus Epilogue (The Warrior  Chronicles, #6.1)
  • Angus MacBain and The Island of Sleeping Kings (Angus MacBain #1)
  • Ties That Bind (The Spire Chronicles, #2)
  • Wolf Landing (Alpha Underground, #3)
  • The Samurai's Garden
  • The Dead, the Damned, and the Forgotten (Dark Days, #0.6)
  • Cunning Devil (Lost Falls Book 1)
  • The Big Keep (Lena Dane Mysteries #1)
  • Death Pays a Visit (Myrtle Clover Mysteries, #7)
  • Blood Magic (Dragon Born Alexandria, #2)
  • Nice Guys Bite (Elemental Assassin, #15.5)
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was born into a family of Star Wars nuts. I have a lot of siblings (somewhere I lost count but I think there was more than could be numbered on one hand) and being one of the young padawans I was subjected to Star Wars marathons, on a regular basis. If you've read any of my books you'll see there is often a reference to said movies as a small homage to my u ...more

Rylee Adamson (10 books)
  • Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1)
  • Immune (Rylee Adamson, #2)
  • Raising Innocence (Rylee Adamson, #3)
  • Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4)
  • Blind Salvage (Rylee Adamson, #5)
  • Tracker (Rylee Adamson, #6)
  • Veiled Threat (Rylee Adamson, #7)
  • Wounded (Rylee Adamson, #8)
  • Rising Darkness (Rylee Adamson, #9)
  • Blood of the Lost (Rylee Adamson, #10)
“Needs are different for every person. You can’t treat everyone the same, not really.” 2 likes