Start by marking “Black Keys (Colorblind, #1)” as Want to Read:
Black Keys (Colorblind, #1)

Black Keys (Colorblind #1)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  1,035 Ratings  ·  133 Reviews
Published May 15th 2015 (first published May 13th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Black Keys, please sign up.

Rose Mashal Thank you very much.
I'm still working on it, promise I'm trying my best. :)
Rose Mashal Hi Roxanna,
It's still in the works, but thankfully going smoothly. I hope you like it as much as you liked Black Keys. :)
Thank you for reading.

Candace
***I was provided with a complimentary ARC from the publisher, through Netgalley.com, in exchange for honest feedback.***

When Marie is whisked away by her older brother to attend his rushed wedding to an Arabian princess, she had no idea that the wedding she would be attending was also her own. Never in her life had Marie ever been treated with anything but love and a tender protectiveness by her brother. She never would have imagined that he would betray her in such a devastating manner.

Unbekno
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Se by sb_zpswntmk2ij.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (8/21/2016)

Book 1 of 3.

BLURB:
A Muslim Arab Prince with a heavy weight of responsibilities on his shoulders and a young Catholic American woman with a dark, haunted past living inside her heart. Unexpectedly thrust together in a deal of betrayal brokered by her brother, the last thing she imagines when she goes to his wedding in a kingdom far away from her home, is to find out that it's her own wedding, as well.

A bright, independent CEO struggling to live this new life, w
Sara
Sep 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit, potential
(I tagged the real serious spoilers but be warned that there are some other things I didn't block that could be considered spoilerish in nature)

The hardest part of writing a critical review is remembering there is a person on the other end who cares what I say. They've invested so much time and so much of themselves into their work and what I say doesn't just have the potential to hurt them personally. It could affect their sales or whether anyone else reads what they write.

I can be horribly mea
Kris Thompson
Apr 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Received this ARC from the author for an honest review

I want to start off by saying that I didn’t find out until I was a few chapters in that this was a former fan fiction. When I read the other reviews that are showing up for this book I get the impression they are former readers of the fan fiction, therefore a little bias. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just wanted to state that I never read it as a fan fiction. Now with that out of the way…time to punch the time card.

*spoilers
Lissa Bryan
"I hope you find the black keys, Princess.... Knowledge is all around us, keys waiting to be found. They’re easy to see and use, but not when they are black, because in the darkness, you can’t see black items. Only if you know in your heart that they’re there you might find them, and to find them, you have to work hard. Those keys are there, and at some point they were easy to find, but assuming and judging made them black. The kind of knowledge that those keys give you has to make it to your he ...more
Deealyn C.
Wow ,just perfect!!!Really ,really love it!I recognised myself through her eyes and so glad I realise how much one could be judgemental and mistaken.This story has the right amount of everything a story should have...can wait for more!
Keya
Mar 12, 2017 rated it did not like it

Just. No.

Marie is by far the most judgemental, racist ignorant characters I have ever come across. I wanted to DNf so many times but I was curious to see how it'll turn out. It's not every day you come across a Muslim Arab prince as a main character. I thought we'd get a nice respectable insight to the culture. Not through a jaded and ignorant pov that ruined it.

I was offended through 99 percent of this book. I'm not Arabian but I am a Muslim and some of the things Marie was saying hurt be
Widad Al diri
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book will open a lot of debates and discussions about the most talked subject internationally "Islam and Christians" and what i love the most about it that it don't shy away from the facts even if they are tough and heart breaking but it stands for the truth in the two religions. The power in the two characters and the struggle between them represent years of literal truth of how people are raising there children and teaching them selves to just absorb the facts from media's and what surrou ...more
Irene Sim
As much as it sounds as a cliche story, is anything but. I was consumed by the story and the angst and even though it was almost instant love between them, it felt justified. I can't wait to read the next one.
Carol Foley
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is an excellent read. Well written. It is full of culture and romance. The prince in this story is a beautiful and honorable man who stole my heart and will steal yours too (if you let him)! His reluctant American, Catholic bride was shocked to find herself betrayed by her closest family member and dealing with a strange land, with all it's customs and traditons! Homesick for her own country and religion, she is embraced by her new husband and his sensitivity and compassion so that she ...more
padutchinfrance
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a read for the 21st century. Out of the post-9/11 world come two believable characters: one suffering from culture shock and past demons, and one who has enough force of character to confront ignorance and stereotype with patience and understanding. Ms Rose sheds light on some common misconceived notions about Islam while she's at it, too. Hang onto your seats: gut reactions will ensue...
Rochelle Allison
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mollie
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing

"Knowledge is all around us, keys waiting to be found."

I truly fell in love with this book. It is a really compelling piece about two people from different religious backgrounds thrust together by betrayal. It is a powerful book with rich morals, beautiful culture, and a slow-simmering romance. It's kind of surreal and magical but an altogether passionate journey.

"Royalty is a dirty game."

I marvel at the author's wonderful storytelling. I immediately fell in line with it and nothing could have
€l!na
So this didn't much time to finish because it's exactly the same-besides a few names-with its fanfiction form.
description

Marie is tricked by her older brother, Joseph, into marrying the Arab prince Mazen. Apparently, while on bussiness there Joseph fell in love and got pregant Princess Janna, Mazen's sister, and given that she was underage at the time the only way to not get executed-old traditions!!-even if Joseph and Janna eventually get married was for Marie to marry Mazen as well. It made no sense to m
Wendy
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Joan
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Black Keys / Rose B. Mashal Black Keys is a wonderfully written book about two very different people: a Middle Eastern Prince and a modern American business woman of the world with a haunted past. When through the acts of another they are thrown together, they find they must put aside their cultural differences and begin to learn of and from one another. Each has preconceived ideas of not only the other's culture but their religion and customs as well. Together these two exceptional characters m ...more
SheriDean Cullen
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story took a turn fast. I was taking in all the attention that was being given to the grooms sister. Ok she is his only family there ok. Next when The Prince offered his arm just as Joseph had offered Janna I was like OMG!!!
BLACK KEYS is an amazing read all the way through. There is cultural differences as well as religious challenges. The best part, you don't have to know these differences. The author has written the book to explain any questions you may have even regarding Muslim rituals.
Jane Cullen
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is not your everyday romance novel. It's one that will stick to your head and heart, make you feel all possible feelings of the feelings' spectrum, but most of all it will teach you about stereotypes, prejudice, religion and true souls of people. It will make you think and story will stay with you.

Rose has a unique style in writing. The plot will bring you twists and turns that I don't want to spoil. I can just guarantee that this story won't leave you cold because you will get attached to
Reham Goumaa
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have no words!! simply BEAUTIFUL

description

This was so much more than a romance. I felt a connection with the story i haven't felt before. Maybe because i'm a Muslim myself and it touches my life in a way.
But it really doesn't matter, because it speaks of something i find anyone would relate to in a way regardless of who they are.
The writing was beautiful, and i LOVED Mazen the hero.
Can't wait for part two!!

And seriously! the cliffhanger! that was cruel
CharlieB
May 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book is packed full of Culture/Religion. Since I am neither Christian nor Muslim I found the details of both Cultures interesting. It deals with Prejudices and Racism.
Black Keys ends on a cliffhanger of sorts, though Book Two - White Keys - is said to be coming soon.
My one problem was the heroine Marie. I disliked her strongly. She was ignorant and very much unlikable. She had nothing redeemable about her.
Aishah
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, religion

My eyes caught my reflection in the mirror. I didn't like what I saw. It was a sad girl with black tears running down her cheeks and a broken heart …

I don't know about the others but during the 2016 Olympics I noticed a couple that was of a Muslim guy and a Christian girl as far as I remember they represented Australia. Anyways, when I was reading this novel, I was reminded of them. The thing is there so much going on right now in the world-the chaos what not, that it is hard for some to see t
Willow Brooks
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is really good and will really piss you off. The heroine made me feel like I needed a prescript for Zanax. I thought she would grow up in book two, and she did but she still drove me nuts at how easy it was for her to constantly think the worse in every situation she couldn't understand. I also did not feel like she was as smart as a person owning a large company would be. She couldn't put basic concepts together, and too many obvious things or sayings slipped right passed her or went ...more
Zoey Brown
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book holds a special place for me, and much as I like to go on and on about it, I will keep this short, hopefully.

This book is one heck of a ride. It pulls you in and changes you. It is a romance and has sweet and tender moments, but also, it is an in-your-face to many people kind of book.

At first, I thought some religions were going to be dissed and talked about, but on the contrary, the writer writes about religion, ethnicity, and differences in a very polite manner.

If you are a racist pe
Mspraise50
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series was recommended to me by a reading buddy. I liked the premises of the story and decided to read book 1 which was free. Then I was hooked.

This is Prince Mazen and Marie's story. This is a story of betrayal, love, bias, religious and racial ignorance. I thought some of the things Marie was saying about Muslims and Islam due to her ignorance was cringe worthy. Whoever said ignorance is bliss was an ass! However, unfortunately there are folks around who are just like Marie.

As the story p
Sufeeya Hanif
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was honestly unlike any other I have ever read. To be able to look through the eyes of a character and see a change in them that many wait lifetimes to see, is remarkable. Rose's work made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me feel hope in times of desperation, but most of all it just made me feel. This is something that I haven't gotten to do for such a long time. She teaches you through her story, to open your eyes and just look, we as humans miss so much of the world, and regardless ...more
Lisa
"Black Keys" weaves together romance, religion, culture, and diverse characters to create a beautiful story and a wonderful reading experience!

Possessed of wonderfully flawed characters and a layered world, Black Keys tells the story of a young woman finding acceptance, love, and a better version of herself in the arms of those she never imagined she could care for.

I give this book five stars for it's beautiful imagery, it's emotion, and it's strong potential as a series.

Oh, and pay special a
Lindsay Catari
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I must say this was a complete surprise.. it was an awesome story.!! I went completely blind on this book just to have my eyes open. what a wonderful and meaningful message at least for me. Because I was really one of those colorblind people who judge things before anything else. That particular story almost at the ending with the muslim girl at the coffee shop was closer to home (even though I'm from Venezuela) you could see that happening here as well and its so wrong in so many levels.

With t
Melanie Moreland
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I started reading this book with no expectations. I didn’t know what to expect with the subject matter. I found it intriguing, thought provoking, and intense. At times, it was hard to read, but I pushed through. The author handled the story well,including the love story it produced, and I enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing where she takes the second installment of the series.
Crystal S
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. The way everything is described. I like the way the character 'Marie' thoughts and feelings are told. Everything flowed well. I also liked how you can relate to all their feelings.
"I'm never going to forget you, Princess." ~ Mazen ❤
Adranca
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is no word to describe how amazing this book was, only because there were so many messages and emotions in it that were connected to each other that you should only take you time to read and enjoy it as much as I did

In the author biography at the end of the book it says that she wants to spread understanding and peace. And I must say she really nailed it, in a beautiful, funny, and intense way.

She made me travel in another place, made me so curious to discover more (funny thing at the same
  • A House of Cards: Deconstructing Ethan (The Forbidden Room, #2)
  • Taboo
  • All I Want is You (Forever and Ever, #1)
  • Mountain Charm
  • L'uragano di un batter d'ali
  • Roar
  • Non mi piaci ma ti amo
  • Bound by Love (Russian Connection #2)
  • The Flesh Cartel #15: Twenty-Five
  • Salvation and Secrets (Chastity Falls #2)
  • Disturbing Stranger
  • Beautiful Liar
  • In Bed with the Boss
  • Shining Star (Beautiful Chaos #3)
  • Gilded Cage
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • What My Heart Wants / Waiting For A Fall (Y.A #3/#1-3)
  • Surreptitious (London #1)
Rose is a loved mother, wife, and a stay at home lawyer. Writing is her passion, and reading is her obsession. Music is her best friend and sarcasm is her speaking trend. One of her joys is bringing happiness to others and her biggest wish is that they stay true to one another. Through her stories, she wants to spread nothing except understanding, peace and love.
More about Rose B. Mashal...

Colorblind (2 books)
  • White Locks (Colorblind, #2)

“When it comes to love, Princess, rules blur, and traditions fade,” 6 likes