Start by marking “I Still Just Want to Pee Alone: I Just Want to Pee Alone Book #3” as Want to Read:
I Still Just Want to Pee Alone: I Just Want to Pee Alone Book #3

I Still Just Want to Pee Alone: I Just Want to Pee Alone Book #3

(IJWTBA #3)

I STILL Just Want to Pee Alone (Pee Alone #3) Don't miss the third book in this bestselling series! Motherhood is STILL the toughest – and STILL the funniest – job you'll ever love. We know that raising kids is hard work. The pay sucks, your boss is a tyrant, and the working conditions are pitiful – TGIF means nothing to a mother! You said it before and you're saying it ag ...more
Published March 27th 2015 by Throat Punch Media, LLC (first published March 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about I Still Just Want to Pee Alone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Still Just Want to Pee Alone

Ashley Alteman
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an advanced copy of this book and it is absolutely amazing! I've had to put the book down SEVERAL times to use the restroom as I was certain I was going to wet myself in laughter--the book is THAT funny. These stories are a compilation of some of the most hysterical writers on the planet. I've followed so many of these women in their writing journey and let's just say that this anthology of essays is not only worth the buy, but you might want to have a pair of back-up underpants read ...more
Parri
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whatever parenting stage you’re in, rest assured you’re not alone. In this book, some of the Internet’s most popular women bloggers share their angst, embarrassment, pride, joy, fear, insecurities, hopes, triumphs, regrets and laughs through personal vignettes on parenting. I received an advanced copy to review, and it was an effortless, enjoyable and quick read.
There is something in this book that every new or seasoned mom can relate to, and it’s comforting to know you’re not alone out there! I
Angela Momopolize
I was thrilled to receive an advance review copy of this book since I loved the first two books in this series so much, and this anthology did not disappoint! Jen Mann has compiled writings from many of my favorite bloggers and the stories are simply hysterical! I adore how these women take the daily struggles of parenting and laugh at the hilarity of it all, making the rest of us feel better about our parenting skills in the process! Buy this book to a story read each day (perhaps during those ...more
Anne Bardsley
I opened the pdf and I've been laughing ever since. Jen Mann hit it out of the park with this collection. I love that the moms are real. There is no pretense of how "perfect" a mom should be! These stories will make you laugh, sniffle and very possibly tinkle in your pants. Buy yourself one of those puppy pads and read that story in the book too.

There is no shortage of humor, honesty and love in this book. I hope you enjoy each story and just remember...you may never pee alone again...ever!!

It'
Melissa Grunow
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While going out to dinner may be a relaxing treat for some, it's pure hell for mother-of-three Kim Forde who decides to cash in a Groupon and take her kinds to a hibachi grill on Kids Eat Free Night. She recounts the cringe-worthy experience in "Flames, Knives and Fear: A Family Dinner."

Some women dread grocery shopping with their kids, but how about those oh-so-personal doctor's appointments? Stacey Gill's "I Just Want to Go to the Gynecologist Alone" will remind you that babysitter-seeker webs
Stephanie
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do Jen Mann and motherhood have in common? They're both raw, honest, and hilarious all at the same time. And, until I got to know them, they both used to intimidate me! ;)

I was fortunate enough to get my grubby little mitts on an advanced copy of this book, and I'm so glad I did! Of course I laughed and pumped my fists in solidarity, but there is also an unexpected sweetness to this book. Amy Flory hits a home run opening the anthology with her essay "The Interview," and Beth Caldwell's "To
Sandi Awad
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I peed (for real) whilst reading I still just want pee alone.

This collaborative effort was hysterical and completely relatable. Every parent who reads this book will relate to at least one of these stories and most parents will relate to oodles of the funny. These fabulously creative writers took every day parenting happenings and made them come to life with liquid spraying out of your nose humor.

It’s a great read for parents, parents-to-be, grandparents, and people who don’t even want kids. T
Mike
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited when I heard a 3rd volume of this anthology was coming, and even more excited when I received an advanced copy to review. I follow many of these authors on their personal blogs, and could not wait to read new stories of laughter, hilarity, and parental struggle...oh the struggles. If you enjoyed the first two installments, you’re going to adore this volume too. If you found yourself peeing a little from all the laughing on the first go around, then I suggest you fully invest in ...more
Gretchen Kellaway
I received an advanced copy of this book and I have to say, I truly love anthologies. And this one is no different, especially considering I happen to be a big fan of many of the bloggers in this book. I haven't read something in a while that has made me laugh so hard, cry at moments and just feel as if I have someone who truly understands. A collection of essays that show the real deal of parenthood, nothing sugarcoated. I enjoyed this collection. I enjoyed seeing into others lives and just as ...more
Renee Robbins
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great way to spend an afternoon or two – full of essays by parents who have been in the trenches – never alone, but in the trenches – as they share often hilarious, often sentimental, but always relatable stories about parenthood and the associated triumphs and foibles. All are excellent. Notable for me are: The Last Time We Did One, Two Three by Michelle Poston Combs, A Day With MY Niece by Tracy Sano and The Day I Got Taken to Church by Ashley Allen. Time well spent!!
Teri Biebel
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is chock full of the funny. Some old faces are back, some fresh new faces too, and a whole lot of fun in this 3rd installment in the Pee Alone series. Jen Mann has, once again, compiled a ton of great authors to produce a really funny and thought-provoking book. Great short blurbs, perfect for when you want to hide in the bathroom for 5 minutes. Who cares if you're in there peeing alone or not, they are bite-sized bits of enjoyment that are sure to make you laugh.
Stacey
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given an advanced copy of this fun book. Since I was quite familiar with the first 2 books I knew what to expect. It lived up to my expectations and I enjoyed some of the essays by the new contributors to this series. Lots of smiles, giggles and a few belly laughs. Great easy read for any mother.
Briton Underwood
I was given an advanced copy to read (Thanks T!) and loved it! As my first anthology I have ever read, I didn't know what I was getting into. I flipped to Tracy's piece first- which set the bar high for everyone else. I found myself laughing out loud while people stared confused at me. Great read, awesome group of writers- Would def. recommend!
Thriller Mom
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I STILL can't stop laughing (or peeing) so don't wear your good undies! This book is hilarious! This is a must-read for anyone in need of belly-aching laughter or simply looking for other parent's insanity to relate to. Get it. Read it. Now excuse me while I read it AGAIN! Brilliant job by all of the contributors.
Kristen Mae
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I snort-laughed. My husband thought there was something wrong with me. I got a copy of this book in advance because I personally know many of the contributors, and that makes me feel special. =) Any mom who needs a good laugh should buy this book!
Jessica Ziegler
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I legit laughed out loud SEVERAL times when reading this book! It was both "so relate-able" and totally NOT, some of the funniest moments were so unexpected I happily couldn't relate at all (but I loved reading about them!)

(I received an advance copy of this book to review)
Sandy Ramsey
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enought to receive and advance copy of I Still Just Want to Pee Alone. From the very first sentence this book had me hooked. So many stories that don't sugarcoat the realities of being mom had me laughing until my belly hurt. I wouldn't hesitate to say that there isn't a mother on the planet that wouldn't be able to relate to at least one of the essays in this book. There were more than a few stories that had me nodding my head in understanding, especially the one about the last time ...more
Alyssa
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Grandslam for the mommy blogs!

This book paired with a drink , curled up on the couch after putting my kids to bed at age 33 on a weekend night was equivalent to the pleasure as I had at age 23 partying the night away. Reading it you kind of feel like you just spent time chatting it up with some fellow mommy friends. The stories were laugh out loud funny and some of them very familiar to situations I have found myself in. Couldn't be more pleased with this particular purchase. Only regret was tha
The NotsoSuperMom
Full disclosure is that I was given an advanced copy of this book to review. Further disclosure is that that hardly matters because I would have purchased it anyway! And although I know and follow a lot of the contributors here it doesn't change the fact that Jen Mann is a genius at pulling these writers together to give us yet ANOTHER hilarious and touching body of stories.

Some of my favorites:
Lynn Morrison
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
(*I received an advance copy of this book for review purposes*)
This book is so funny, you'll be inventing an incurable UTI just so you can have an excuse to spend some extra time in the bathroom reading it. Once again Jen from PIWTPITT has outdone herself in picking some of the freshest voices in the blogging world to contribute. If you are a mom, or heck, even a pet mom, you will definitely want to snap a copy of this up asap.
Onsafari
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a mom, but a friend of mine wrote an essay for this book so I picked it up to support her. It turns out the whole thing is pretty darn funny. These women know how to tell a good story and they're not afraid to share the embarrassing bits. It's easy to relate to - who hasn't made a choice that seemed smart and logical at the time and had it blow up on them in a spectacular way?
Michele
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Real parenting stories that are honest and funny - LOVED IT!

The stories are everyday, relatable situations told as if you were sharing moments with a good buddy. Parenting is a serious job but the stories show that you absolutely cannot take yourself too seriously doing it.
Aubree Bowling
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read it in one sitting. Good times.
Jessica Azar
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely HILARIOUS! Jen Mann has done it again... an amazing squad of humor writers that will keep you laughing at the insanity of domestic life. Alyson Herzig's story about her little boy's Superman resonated with me, because I've done something similar. We all have our limits... and that's okay.
Miriam Verheyden
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This laugh-out-loud book contains a variety of hilarious essays from mom bloggers about what life with kids is really like. Seriously, this book is gold. Let me share a couple little snippets:

"Then my son came, and I was too busy crying while searching for his User Manual to consider a manicure or a massage. I lasted about a week as a new mom before reaching out to others in my situation online. As exhausted, cranky, and confused as I was, I needed friends."

"Eat poop, laugh. No, I did not forget
Deb
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so funny. I chuckled during the whole thing. It made me remember all my child birth experiences and raising children. The book is a light, quick relaxing read. Hats off the women bloggers!
Kathleen Kirchner
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Meh
Abby
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: moms
Recommended to Abby by: others in the series
A series of essays on motherhood that makes me feel better about my life.
Dawn
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awesome
Oh my goodness, this book is amazing! The stories in this book make me laugh, cry and need a hug, I found each story had something I related to from moms, aunts and simply amazing women. This book would be a perfect book to kill time while waiting, If you are in the school pickup line or at the dmv, provided you can put it down, I will admit I had trouble putting it down! Every woman should read this. Really I laughed so hard I though I would need depends!!
Alyssa Edmonds
This book took me absolutely FOREVER to read. Unfortunately I didn't love it like the first IJWTPA and IJWTPPITT but it was still pretty good. I may read it again when I have kids but right now I don't and I'm absolutely sure it's the reason I didn't love it as much. There was still funny stories in here along the way but I can't tell you I was laughing and swear along from start to finish. Na-maste ;)!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• I Just Want to Pee Alone: A Collection of Humorous Essays by Kick Ass Mom Bloggers
  • "You Have Lipstick on Your Teeth" and Other Things You'll Only Hear from Your Friends In The Powder Room
  • What's Up Down There?: Questions You'd Only Ask Your Gynecologist If She Was Your Best Friend
  • The Real Housewives Get Personal
  • Sometimes I Feel Like a Nut: Essays and Observations
  • Play with Your Food
  • Check, Please!: Dating, Mating, and Extricating
  • In My Kitchen: 100 Recipes and Discoveries for Passionate Cooks
  • Exquisite Rebel: The Essays of Voltairine de Cleyre -- Anarchist, Feminist, Genius
  • Women Beyond Belief: Discovering Life Without Religion
  • Clash of the Couples
  • Bibliotherapy: The Girl's Guide to Books for Every Phase of Our Lives
  • All Facts Considered: The Essential Library of Inessential Knowledge
  • It's Not That I'm Bitter . . .: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Visible Panty Lines and Conquered the World
  • See Jane Write: A Girl's Guide to Writing Chick Lit
  • Wry Martinis
  • Close Encounters of the Third-Grade Kind: Thoughts on Teacherhood
  • Imagination Illustrated: The Jim Henson Journal
Jen Mann of People I Want to Punch in the Throat is the hilarious author of the New York Times best seller, People I Want to Punch in the Throat: Competitive Crafters, Drop Off Despots, and Other Suburban Scourges and Spending the Holidays with People I Want to Punch in the Throat. She also contributes to and publishes the New York Times best selling I Just Want to Pee Alone series of books. Her b ...more

IJWTBA (3 books)
  • I Just Want to Be Alone (IJWTBA #2)
“From time to time, mothers come across people who don't have children, but who still have all the answers about what they should or should not be doing with their child. This advice is typically met with false appreciation followed by sarcastic laughter with their mom friends the next day. It's not that those non-moms are trying to be obnoxious, and it's not that those moms are trying to be mean. It's just that unless you've had to care for a child twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, then you might want to keep your opinions to yourself because you ain't about that life.” 0 likes