Start by marking “Der Romulanische Krieg - Die dem Sturm trotzen (Star Trek - Enterprise: Relaunch #6)” as Want to Read:

Der Romulanische Krieg - Die dem Sturm trotzen

(Star Trek: Enterprise #14)

DIE ERDE STEHT ALLEIN

Die Koalition der Planeten liegt in Trümmern. Vulkan, Andor und Tellar haben den Vertrag aufgekündigt. Sie hatten geschworen, einander zu Hilfe zu kommen, sollte einer von ihnen jemals angegriffen werden, doch nun haben sie das Versprechen gebrochen. Voller Grauen mussten die drei Reiche mit ansehen, wie leicht es den Romulanern fiel, die hochmodernen
Published January 19th 2015 by Cross Cult (first published November 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Der Romulanische Krieg - Die dem Sturm trotzen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Der Romulanische Krieg - Die dem Sturm trotzen

Start your review of Der Romulanische Krieg - Die dem Sturm trotzen (Star Trek - Enterprise: Relaunch #6)
Shadowdenizen
3.5 stars.

This duology seems rushed is the first thought that crossed my mind.

For all the build-up(the idea of the Romulan War has been teased since TOS) the payoff just doesn't seem to have the weight/impact I felt it should.
Terence
Jun 10, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-fantasy, star-trek
Dan
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek, e-books, ent
I seemed to enjoy this novel more than most, but I still very much found it lacking due to the rushed nature of the narrative. I really wish that we had gotten our trilogy, and while I enjoy Michael A. Martin's writing, the story suffered horribly from the editorial decisions. I also really worry that this spells the end of the Enterprise novel line, which is unfortunate as there is still a rich history to cover and many gaps to fill. Perhaps a resurgence of some sort of "Lost Era" line would be ...more
Krista D.
I struggled a lot with this one. Parts of it where fine, such as the Archer POV chapters. I confess I was skimming and later skipping non-Enterprise main crew chapters by the mid-way point. I just didn't care about them. I was really disappointed because I was engaged in some chapters...and others didn't appeal at all. It really killed the enjoyment of the book.
Bjoern
Kiri
Yay! It is finally here *dives on in*
---finishes ---
Ala Stephen there will be images..

Ok.. I'm not certain there is much I can write a review upon that will not give out major (massive?) spoilers. I can say that this is a novel that has A LOT packed onto it, it does feel like it should have been perhaps three separate volumes for all the ground/territory it covered. Which is not to say that it was not good.. cause it was. I think it could have gone into more depth and still been just as reada
Jennie Lanz
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book redeemed the finale of Enterprise for me!
Aaron
Nov 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
While this was much better than part 1 it was not what I was expecting. There was too much going on simultaneously that I was often confused and lost in the story. Too bad, was very much looking forward to this Romulan War and learning about this time in federation history but feel it was a flat story. Could have been done much better.
Jay
With their coalition allies taking a neutral stance, Earth and Alpha Centauri are left to fend off the rising Romulan treat alone. Desperate battles are fought as the Romulans continue to take systems closer and closer to Earth. A final assault is massing and Earth has few defenders but a beleaguered Starfleet with few resources left to fight.

My disappointment with these books continues. I was so excited to read about the Romulan War only to be let down. The storytelling in these last two books
Tony
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jason Vargo
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with all the novels in this continuing story, the least engaging subplot focuses on Commander Tucker and the Romulans. The aliens simply aren’t compelling characters though some have been around for multiple stories.

Fully half of this novel reiterates itself over and over again: T’Pol tries and fails to bring the Vulcans into the war, Trip gets sent on one mission after another, space battles the Earth forces lose. It’s a relentlessly downbeat spiral of events, to be sure.

But when the story
Jose M.
Much better than the last one. Most of the book moves too much from story to story without much happening. However, the last 40% of the book was very good and I really liked how they used Trip and T'Pol and how they wrapped up their story arc. I think this book tied up Enterprise for me. I started reading the books because I felt so unsatisfied with the stupid ending to the TV series. This book wrapped things up nicely but I think I will not be reading the other Enterprise books. We'll see...
Ethan Hulbert
Really loved this book. I mean, I'm a gigantic fan of Star Trek: Enterprise - it's tied for my favorite along with TOS. Certainly this book is better than any of the reboot movies or the godawful STD on CBS right now. But this book was absolutely ENT at its prime. Archer's strategies, the Romulans more fierce and interesting here than they have ever been on screen or in movies, *ever*, and the finale... oof wow. Great book.
Apostolos
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A satisfying end to the Earth-Romulan war. When all is said and done Trip is still out in the shadows, Archer is now a commodore, and the Vulcans, Telaraties, and Andorians finally came back to the table. Archer is hinted at becoming president of the Federation one day. There was also a nice little epilogue years down the road hinting at potentially Trip and T'Pol getting together. I am still surprised that a 6 year war was done in two books. Overall, a fun read.
Michael T Bradley
Feb 14, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yeesh. All of my minor complaints about part 1 just blossomed into the entirety of part 2 :( I finally got to the point where I just gave up on this book. Which is frustrating because I really want to know how things turned out. Oh, well. Everyone seems to agree that the Rise of Federation stuff is much better than anything that came before, so I'll be curious to give it a shot.
David Johnston
A book in the middle of the series of Star Trek Enterprise books. Plowing through this book, so we can get to the end of the Romulan War and back onto developing the 'Federation' as an organization. Had to read this to get to the next one.
Amanda T
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. Slightly better than the last book, but it still has a lot of problems. Random story threads that go no where and aren't important to the story, a slow middle and all the action in the last 100 pages. Last couple of chapters feel rushed. It's really uneven.

Disappointing.
David King
"To Brave The Storm" by Michael A. Martin is the concluding book in the Romulan War series which started with "Beneath The Raptor's Wing". After my enjoyment of the first book in the series I was really looking forward to reading this one. This was enhanced by my knowledge that there are no new Enterprise novels expected for the foreseeable future so this could be the last new story in that franchise that I read for quite a while.

The novel chronicles the final years of the Earth-Romulan war with
Daniel
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To Brave the Storm is the final book in the Romulan War series of Star Trek Enterprise and showcases humanity's, and by extension the Coalition's, last attempt to thwart the Romulan advance. Whereas the previous books in the series strived to set up the ongoing war, this one pulls it all together and ties it up. Unlike the previous installments, To Brave the Storm is more action heavy and features several engagements with Romulan forces.

To Brave the Storm is a bit different than the rest of the
Camille
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I deliberated long and hard over the rating of this book. Four stars or five? "Pretty good" or "brilliant"?

In short, To Brave the Storm strikes me as a slight oddity. While The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wing incorporated dozens of characters into it's detailed coverage of the "universal" effects of the War, it's successor essentially went back to basics and was more in the style of Kobayashi Maru. Instead of comprehensively covering each of the major plot points as the story progressed,
Paul Lunger
Nov 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"To Brave the Storm" is the concluding novel for the Earth-Romulan War and could potentially be the final novel for Enterprise. The story concludes the tale begun in "Beneath the Raptor's Wing" as we go from the attack on Mt. Selaya on Vulcan in 2156 through the signing of the Federation charter in 2161. Normally it isn't wise by any means to advance a storyline across 5 years in any one book unless there is good reason. Martin, however, manages to do this in such a way as to not bore the reader ...more
Sara Cleveland
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
The last book of the Romulan War series. The story wraps up with the formation of the Neutral Zone and the creation of the Federation of Planets both of which are very familiar to fans of the Star Trek universe. How that plays out and the role that Trip Tucker and Jonathan Archer play is what drives this fourth and final book. I've read better Star Trek fan fiction, but I thought the story was clever and interesting and it wrapped up fairly well, if not a bit rushed.

In regards to Trip and T'Pol,
Jimyanni
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
This is an interesting and well-written book; if there are some minor continuity problems both with the Enterprise TV series (particularly the carryover wish-fulfillment by the author ressurrecting a character who had died in the series) and with the original Star Trek TV series, that's a fairly minor quibble. Taken on its own merits, the book has good character development, a fast-moving, interesting plot, good pacing, and a generally good story. If I find the "Epilogue" to be a silly tack-on c ...more
John (JP)
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The final battles of the Earth -Romulan war. The creation of the Neutral Zone. The final fates of Charles Trip Tucker. All these and other plot elements come to their conclusion in this final volume.
The series of books is worth reading if you are into Star Trek lore, and if you loved the TV series. This is direction the series should have gone. If it had the series would not have been canceled so abruptly.

I suggest that you get all 4 volumes at the same and read them straight through. Each work
Alex
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a good read, but I still have my reservations about in the 22nd Century having direct energy weapons (on both sides) and antimatter weapons (the photonic torpodoes on the NX-class vessels.) I was hoping for an explanation or rational for Starfleet only using nuclear weapons, but I guess the other vessels had nuclear weapons and Spock only mentioned that it was MOSTLY found with primitive subatomic weapons. That being said, as a TOS and ENT fan, it is a must to read the series connecting E ...more
Jules
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's a shame that the Enterprise relaunch novels have been so screwed over by editorial. The chronicles of the Romulan War deserve a much longer series than this. It really hurts also that Martin lost his long-time collaborator, Andy Mangels, as the final entries to the relaunch are a lot weaker than the fare they delivered before.

This book is really hurt by having to compress years of war stories into short glimpses of important events. Months will sometimes pass between entries, and it's frust
Francisco J.
Oct 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although the galaxy, especially the territory held by the newly formed United Federation of Planets( formerly the Coalition Of Planets), is now safe from the threat of the Romulan Star Empire thanks to the establishment of the Neutral Zone by the actions of Humans, Vulcans, Andorians, Tellerites, and Vissans, everyone still needs to be vigilant of any who threaten peace and peaceful exploration. For aggression never takes a rest.
Joe Pranaitis
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To Brave the Storm was a fitting end to the Romulan War and it ended with a little insight into what is going to happen to the rest of the Enterprise crew it also ended with the founding of the United Federation of Planets which leads into the next part of the series the Founding of the Federation which I look forward to reading. These two books and the books following would be great to be adapted for TV if and when Paramount decides to finally continue Enterprise.
Angela
The Romulan War draws to a conclusion. Don't read this if you have not read all post series Enterprise novels. As you would expect there are a lot of space battles and descriptions of tactics. There is some character bits, especially with T'pol and Trip. The Vulcan parts are very well done and add more to the culture of Vulcan. A lot happens in this book, and I don't want to spoil it for anyone. I was really happy with the ending though, really happy. A good read.

• A Choice of Futures (Star Trek: Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #1)
  • Tower of Babel
  • Live by the Code
  • Uncertain Logic (Star Trek: Enterprise: Rise of the Federation #3)
  • The Last Best Hope (Star Trek: Picard #1)
  • Patterns of Interference
  • Star Trek: Discovery: The Enterprise War
  • The Way To The Stars
  • Sight Unseen (Star Trek: Titan)
  • Lust's Latinum Lost (And Found) (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Force and Motion
  • Starfleet Year One (Star Trek)
  • Over a Torrent Sea (Star Trek: Titan, #5)
  • The Missing
  • Revelation and Dust (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • The Crimson Shadow (Star Trek: The Fall)
  • Absent Enemies (Star Trek: Titan)
  • The Poisoned Chalice (Star Trek: The Fall)
Michael A. Martin's solo short fiction has appeared in The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction. He has also coauthored (with Andy Mangels) several Star Trek comics for Marvel and Wildstorm and numerous Star Trek novels and eBooks, including the USA Today bestseller Titan: Book One: Taking Wing; Titan: Book Two: The Red King; the Sy Fy Genre Award-winning Star Trek: Worlds of Deep Space 9 Book Tw ...more

Star Trek: Enterprise (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
  • By the Book (Star Trek: Enterprise #2)
  • Shockwave (Star Trek: Enterprise #3)
  • What Price Honor? (Star Trek: Enterprise #4)
  • Surak's Soul (Star Trek: Enterprise #5)
  • The Expanse (Star Trek: Enterprise #6)
  • Daedalus (Star Trek: Enterprise #7)
  • Daedalus's Children (Star Trek: Enterprise #8)
  • Rosetta (Star Trek: Enterprise #9)
  • Last Full Measure (Star Trek: Enterprise #10)

News & Interviews