Start by marking “Twisted Bond (Holly Woods Files, #1)” as Want to Read:
Twisted Bond (Holly Woods Files, #1)

Twisted Bond

(Holly Woods Files #1)

I’m an Italian-Texan woman in a family full of cops. I’m passionate and shoot before I think. You only f*ck with me if you’re stupid.

Photograph cheating spouses. Hand over the evidence. Cash my check.

That was my plan when I returned home to Holly Woods, Texas, and became a private investigator.

Finding the dead body in my dumpster? Yeah… Given the choice, I think I would ha
297 pages
Published June 11th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Bond, please sign up.
Evelyn Grabas Becoming a Detective does not go by age, but when you decide you want to go from being a regular policeman to a detective and work toward it.…moreBecoming a Detective does not go by age, but when you decide you want to go from being a regular policeman to a detective and work toward it. Sometimes it can be years before a regular cop decides he would like to TRY for detective, while others got for it as soon as they can. Consequently, it is not unheard of for a superior officer to be younger than some of his men. Just means he either started before the others or made the grade sooner.(less)
Wallbanger by Alice ClaytonPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireTangled by Emma ChaseBeautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Best Banter in Romance
822 books — 1,828 voters
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataKulti by Mariana ZapataThe Deal by Elle KennedyUnder Locke by Mariana ZapataWait for It by Mariana Zapata
Slow romance
587 books — 1,513 voters

More lists with this book...

Catarina
4 Twisted Stars.

Noelle is an ex-cop turned detective, in a family of Italian hot-headed women and alpha-male guys who are also cops. When a body of a woman appears and the investigation brings Noelle to believe that it has something to do with her, she dives into the case, trying to figure it out. Enter detective Drake Nash. The blue eyed sexy detective, who between him and Noelle there’s a huge sexual tension they both disguise as “hate”. He tries to figure out the case while keeping Noelle ou
Sabrina
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
I'm so confused of what to say about this book. Did I like? Did I hate it? I just don't know!

The plot:
Noelle Bond is an ex cop turned private investigator who gets thrown in the middle of a murder investigation when a dead body is found in the dumpster behind her office. Working the investigation means working with Detective Drake Nash, an infuriating man whom she can't stand. Yet she is extremely attracted to him.

The book:
So here is the confusing part. As a mystery book I liked it and it was i
Michelle
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo barel_zps5za9lpbt.gif

Twisted Bond by Emma Hart is a sexy, slow burn, mysterious and suspenseful detective story. This was unlike any story that I have read from this author because Ms. Hart completely surprised in a good way since she kept me guessing throughout the story. I love a book that engages the readers to be truly invested in the characters as layers, evidence, and truths are slowly exposed and peeled to reveal in this case of whodunit.

#Twistedbond1

Move over, Jam
Michelle
I enjoyed it but something missing

I did enjoy this book I was dyin to know what was goin to happen even though I did find it dragged a lil bit in the middle I was just dyin to know who was causing al the drama that was goin on Noelle Bond's life an what was turning a lil town like Holly Wood upside down

Noelle Bond is a total kick ass woman from bein a cop to now running her own PI company an she was successful she had great people that worked for her she had a excellent family even if her br
JAIME
I was sick of this book by the time I got to the last 20% Things that were fun at the beginning were so old by the end. Drake was an asshat the whole time(what is is with asshats at the moment TAMLIN??), but I didn't feel like we got enough of their backstory to really justify his behavior, so I mostly just hated him.

Also, the dramatic climax was dull as hell when it could have been SO GOOD. Our heroine left her job in Dallas because she did a bad thing and people died. Again, I don't feel like
Amy
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Drake Nash is my tornado. He’s roaring through my life, ripping apart my days without care or thought, obliterating any control I think I have and twisting it until I’m so out of control that all I can do is get caught up in his whirlwind”

Wow! What a great start to this series! Emma Hart has done it again. Twisted Bond is refreshing, mysterious, full of tension, captivating and will leave you wanting more….

Twisted Bond follows the story of Drake and Noelle. Noelle is a former cop, now turned pr
Wminbc
Okay...my only real critism is that the smolder took toooooo long to turn into something "else"...and this is the second read in a row where handcuffs were promised, discussed, threatened and then not produce!!! Ms Hart, I am expected excessive use of handcuffs in Holly Woods Files #2! Also, much more shirtless Drake is required!
Holly Smokes the kisses were described for over 2 pages!!! When I got the goods after like the ENTIRE Book...and it only lasted a page!!! I want MORE!!!!
Great read, gre
Rohina
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I-a enjoyed-a the book-a!!!

My name is Bond...
Noelle Bond.

Twisted Bond is the first of Emma Hart's Holly Woods Files Series. This book is a mix of Bond(s) and Agatha Christie. But instead of a British hunk with his swanky gadgets and Poirot with his 'little gray cells', we have Noelle and the rest of the Bond family and Nonna!. Yes, I separated Nonna from the Bond family because well, she deserves a separate post for herself!

Oh, oh, oh! and how can I forget DETECTIVE DRAKE NASH!!! *sigh!* The
thebookbitch
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Twisted Bond is actually the third book I've read by Emma Hart and surprisingly I really enjoyed this one compared to the first two. Tangled Bond is a Romantic/Suspense novel following a PI who gets caught up in a murder scandal when a dead body turns up in her Work Offices' dumpster. However leading the case is the same Police Officer who hates her for shooting him in the foot. Honestly this book is both crazy sexy and hella suspicious. I was gripped from the beginning to end.
Ginette
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I realley enjoyed the characters! Pretty hilarious at times.
Alexa Ayana
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Alexa Ayana by: Deiras
Walau sudah di rekomendasikan teman selama bertahun-tahun tapi judul "Hollywood" itu memberi getaran yang salah padaku, jadi diri ini nyesel banget udah menunda begitu lama untuk membaca seri kickass dari Emma Hart ini.

Di lahirkan dalam generasi keluarga polisi di Holly Wood (kota kecil di Texas), Noelle bisa dianggap lahir dan besar di kantor polisi. Di antara interaksi ribut tapi mesra keluarga besarnya yang rempong, protektif dan keras kepala (yea bayangkan blasteran Itali Texas), dia menemuk
Kelly Anne  O'Connor
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
******************** Reviewed for Our Kindle Konfessions ************************

I'm still trying to make sense of my thoughts on this book. It's very different from Emma's other books as in its very much based around the story of the murders, the love interest is definitely secondary although he threading into the story their attraction is a love/ hate slow burn kinda of attraction, don't go excepting sex scenes aplenty it's not that kind of book.
The story centres around Noelle Bond, an ex co
Sa
Feb 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
1.5 Does this smell like Stephanie Plum to you? stars*When I was a kid my parents and I used to stay with my grandparents while we were on vacations.The neighbour had a couple of dogs that sometimes went into a crazy barking fit that'd go on for what felt like ages.That sort of thing gradually annoys even people who are normally calm and pleasant.Noelle was like that for me.She was so aggressive, like being aggressive means you're strong and smart.She was like those dogs that kept on barking on ...more
Brianna Maddox
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Holy cow, Noelle was freaking hilarious. The conversations between all the characters cracked me up the entire time. The tension between Drake and Noelle was unreal. I can't wait to start book 2, don't know when I am, but I'm excited regardless!
Inge Fredericks
What the Hell is this ????

Noelle seriously is the most annoying woman I've ever read about,and as you like to mentioned how good you are with a gun, Please shoot yourself in the foot with it...
Steph
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
Omg, how had I never heard of this series before?!

This was my first book by Emma Hart and it certainly won't be the last (I already bought book 2 to read. Haha).
It was so much fun and had a fantastic storyline that kept me on my toes. I loved the simmering romance between Drake and Noelle and didn't mind that the storyline was absolutely the main focus.
They can't stand to be around each other but can't stay away either. Their banter was hilarious and their chemistry was crazy hot!

"Are you th
Moon Love
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. There isn't anything I wanted to change except for the fact I didn't want the story to end. I don't think I've laughed this much or this hard while reading a romantic suspense novel since I read One for the Money by Janet Evanovitch. In fact, if you're on the fence and you're looking for a comparison, go with that one, but hotter.

If you've ever read a book by Emma Hart before, and I have, you know she writes great romantic tension. This book had it in spades. Noell
Deborah
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Nonna alone would get 5 stars.

Below is the first paragraph from the book......

I always wanted to be a Bond girl.
When I was seven, I proudly declared to my family that I would one day be beneath Sean Connery on a haystack, a la Pussy Galore. My mother laughed, my father choked, my brothers looked at me like I’d gone batshit crazy, and my Nonna yelled that I would only ever be beneath a good Italian boy, preferably a Catholic, and only on my wedding night.

........and that was all I needed I was ho
Jo
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finding the right words to say how I felt about this book aren't coming easy. They never seem like the right ones.

This isn't a typical Emma Hart book. But as soon as you started reading it you knew it was an Emma original.

Noelle Bond is a PI with a life-long dream of being a real Bond girl and a deep love for cupcakes. She has all the right ingredients to be a sassy, take no sh*t heroine. I love her attitude that doesn't ever give up. Her bada*s gene is something to be afraid of!!

Drake Nash. O
Vieira
Ok the only reason I'm giving this 3 stars is because it was actually really funny! The sexual tension was through the roof. They acted like they hated each other basically the whole book. And actually we didn't get any sex until around 97%!!! Even then she still thinks she hates him. Now I do believe this series continues with them so hopefully their romance heats up because you can tell that they will be explosive. I'll probably read the next one.
Kelly
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay, okay. So this book has murder and dead bodies and all sorts of other fun stuff, but HOLY WOW the way Noelle and Drake snipe at one another absolutely made me giggle. They have a very passionate form of verbal foreplay and they don't even seem to realize they're doing it until it's pointed out REPEATEDLY. It was hilarious. HILARIOUS.

Their fighting and sparring and sizzling glances made this book for me.

Which isn't to say the murder and other mayhem wasn't good, because it was. I'm just smit
Nalla Reads
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Originally posted on NallaReads.com!

description

Murder, romance, and sassy attitude. I've been reading Emma Hart's rom-coms for almost a year now and was excited to see one of her older series get a facelift. But since reading Twisted Bond I'm now HOOKED on Hart's ability to tell a murder mystery that keeps on giving. Meet Noelle Bond; former cop turned private investigator in her hometown, she's quickly making a name for herself in the world of catching adulterers. It's a quiet PI life, until a body ends u
Tori
Originally posted at SmexyBooks- http://smexybooks.com/2016/03/review-...

Recently I was discussing romantic comedies with some friends, and I was recommended this series by Has from the blog Book Pushers. Similar to Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series Emma Hart delivers the same strong family oriented storyline chalked full of humor, mystery, over the top dramatics, and a strong antagonistic romance but without the dreaded love triangle and a competent heroine.

I enjoyed Twisted Bond though
Quirks
Jun 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
This book was disappointing. As a mystery novel and a romance novel. I was actually a bit excited about this book since I'd read the teasers and I liked Noelle. But, unfortunately, I forgot that this is still an Emma Hart book. Emma Hart, who has a warped sense of Feminism, Women Empowerment and what entails strenth in females.

Let's start with the characters:

Drake: I didn't like him much. I didn't hate him (especially not like Noelle) but there was nothing that made me want to join the Drake che
Marcella
Sassy, kick-ass, mystery, hot guy, stubborn girl, AWESOME READ!
Noelle, a 28 year old private investigator and ex-cop finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation after finding a dead body in her work dumpster. Dead set on not letting this phase her work space she works on the case herself...because who better to solve the mystery than an Italian feisty yet underestimated woman?
But by becoming part of the investigation she's constantly bumping into Detective Drake Nash. A pain in her ass
Aղցela W.
This was an ok book. Noelle Bond is a strong, and intelligent and independent woman. She holds her own in a male dominated field she has good instincts which are always right. Drake Nash is a hot sexy and very arrogant and the chemistry between these two was very good. One day after lunch, a dead body is found in the dumpster located on the property of Bond P.I. Suddenly, Noelle and her P.I. team are trading in the usual married cheater case for something a bit more sinister. The issue arises wh ...more
Anika
First of all, the splendid thing about Twisted Bonds is thats its a fine blend of sumptuous romance & mindboggling at time frustrating murder mystery.It the kind of a plot you usually don't get in a single package as we know some adults novel tend to just over do romance & have less focus on the wholeness of the plot itself.

Twisted Bonds maintains tenacious grip over all its elements the mystery,suspence and romance .Its incredible having two totally badass equally hot protogonists Noe
Jan
Hot detective and sexy P.I rubbing each other the wrong way.

A story about crimes and finding the murderer while Noelle and Drake have the same goal this hot headed Italian girl doesent take shit and won't be told by anyone to back off even if Drake is hot as hell.

filled with fireworks and sexual tension.

if you like a book with passion you get a feeling this is going to be carried over onto the next book as this is mainly about Noelle and Drake finding the killer and they get it on in the last ch
Denisa Lesniaková
ta toto co boloooo. ta chemia medzi hrdinami, ten vtip, ta kriminalka!! nenormalna kniha a na to, ze to nie je nejaky svedsky krimi-thriller, tak si Emma viedla celkom dobre. Ako mala som taky pocit, ze kto je vrah, ale som si nebola ista. ako fakt... a ten vtip dpc ved som sa tam pri KAZDEJ JEDNEJ strane rehotala ako salena! hlavna postava sa stava mojou novou bffkou :) a idem konecne zit lebo citat to od rana do obeda nebol moj plan :D

• Property Of
  • The Fighter (Redemption, #2)
  • Titanium Security Series Box Set: Volume I (Titanium Security, #1-3)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Pieces, #2)
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • SECRET Trilogy (Secret, #1-3)
  • In the Mix (The GEG, #2)
  • The Beach House
  • Speak Low (Speak Easy #2)
  • Semper Mine (Sons of War, #1)
  • Hard Rock Remix (The Lonely Kings, #2)
  • Fixing Justice (Justice Brothers, #2)
  • Hardcore: Complete Series Box Set
  • Butterfly Ginger
  • Forgive Me (TAT: A Rocker Romance, #2)
  • Becoming Noah Baxter (Marked, #2)
  • Best Laid Plans (The Mercenaries, #1)
  • Sin City (Hot in the City, #2)
Emma Hart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels and has been translated into several different languages. She first put fingers to keys at the age of eighteen after her husband told her she read too much and should write her own.
Four years later, she's still figuring out what he meant when he said she 'read too much.'

She prides herself on writing smart smut

Holly Woods Files (7 books)
  • Tangled Bond (Holly Woods Files, #2)
  • Tethered Bond (Holly Woods Files, #3)
  • Tied Bond (Holly Woods Files, #4)
  • Twirled Bond (Holly Woods Files, #5)
  • Burning Bond (Holly Woods Files, #6)
  • Twined Bond (Holly Woods Files, #7)
“I don’t have a temper!” I snap. And pause. “I’m simply passionate.” 7 likes
“pull my gun from the boot. His eyebrows go up, his smirk growing, and I put it back. “But neither Chucks nor heels hide a gun,” 3 likes