Start by marking “The Amazing Book is Not on Fire” as Want to Read:
The Amazing Book is Not on Fire

The Amazing Book is Not on Fire

4.51  ·  Rating details ·  16,643 Ratings  ·  1,658 Reviews
Hello reader,

In this book is a world. A world created by two awkward guys who share their lives on the internet!

We are Dan and Phil and we invite you on a journey inside our minds! From the stories of our actual births, to exploring Phil's teenage diary and all the reasons why Dan's a fail.

Learn how to draw the perfect cat whiskers, get advice on what to do in an awkward s
Published October 8th 2015 by Ebury Press

Jasmine
Mar 31, 2015 marked it as on-the-shelf-and-going-to-read
I know most of you will be disappointed in me since I've basically built up this sarcastic, harsh, hateful, and slightly aloof persona. And here I am putting this book on my I-Want-it-Like-I-Want-Food shelf (which is a very serious shelf). But I have a confession to make — a confession that will destroy this façade I've spent so long building up with just one sentence;

I love watching DanIsNotOnFire and AmazingPhil on Youtube.
description

Yep. I've lost all of my critical credibility (however small). But
Katheleen Garay soto
UPDATE!!

I finally was able to read this book and it was AMAZING!!!

It was so interesting to get to know my favorite youtubers more deeply. We got to see Dan and Phil being themselves during the whole book, to the point when I was reading with their voices in my head.

description

They gave us great advice if we ever wanted to be youtubers and we got to read the real, infamous Vega's story. Man, I want to believe you guys, seriously, but (view spoiler)
Rey Carstairs
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
I love how they put Dan's entire name for the author name. Oh, goodreads.
Tanisha Mehta
Review before reading the book :

MY DADS HAVE WRITTEN A BOOK!!

ASAP!

Review after reading the book:

When I finally got the book :

Some Phan moments :

With my fav band:

Me after finishing the book :

Ceyda
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
soz but not soz Dan and Phil are great
Maria (Big City Bookworm)

If you came here looking for an in depth review, you came to the wrong place. The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire is completely random and fun and crazy and so I figured this review should be the same.

For those of you are are unfamiliar with Dan Howell (Danisnotonfire) and Phil Lester (AmazingPhil) you probably don't spend a lot of time watching vloggers in the wonderful world of YouTube. I remember way back when I had first heard of Youtube, I was in Grade 9, which was 10 years ago (I know
Mal
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Before: (view spoiler)

**probably some spoilers? can you spoil memoirs**

Prior to the Amazing Book is Not on Fire announcement I didn't ever really want to read books written by YouTubers. Or ... any memoirs, or life-stories, for that matter. They seemed to close
Jaycee Bond
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
Elly
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I first watched the trailer for this book back in March. I just instantly knew I needed to have it the second it was released. Dan and Phil are two of my favorite youtubers that I have been following for years so obviously I ended up reading this book in one sitting.
Overall, I have a lot of mixed feelings about this book. I guess the most prominent is that this book was made for the fans (and Dan and Phil themselves). Simply put, it is like a scrapbook th
Rhys
Literally dying right now.

I AM SO PROUD OF THEM. THEY HAVE COME SO FAR AND I’M JUST SO HAPPY FOR THEM. IT WAS A TWO MINUTE VIDEO, AND THEY MANAGED TO MAKE A TON OF PEOPLE CRY OF HAPPINESS AND JOY! I LOVE THEM SOO MUCH.
Aisyah  (´。• ᵕ •。`) ♡
I love it!!!

Dancin on my way downtown~

Special shout out to "The Urge", a short phanfiction written by Dan. That fanfic was pretty good and I'd definitely subscribe to his ao3 if he has one.

Give it a try if you're a big fan of AmazingPhil and danisnotonfire.

Cheers!~

Update 8/12

Dan had just uploaded his video 'The Urge' along with illustrations submitted by the viewers.
You can listen to him narrate the fanfic here.

So many beautiful and creative drawings, my favs are:
0:05, 0:17, 3:26, 4:29 and 5
Rose
Quick review for a quick read. Yes, I subscribe to both Danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil (as well as their gaming channel - because Dan falling out of his chair playing FNAF still makes me laugh. I have no shame.). That's how I ended up figuring out that they released a book - but I didn't realize they had an audiobook version until browsing Audible. I had a credit, I used it on this book - I regret nothing.

This was such a fun read. I was entertained not just learning a bit from their random games
Lia
I'm having a really productive day that so far has mainly consisted of me thrashing around in bed and feeling sorry for myself and overdosing on aspirin while coughing my lungs out. Good times.

*awkwardly clears throat*

Well, hello everybody! It is Giulia here, and welcome to what you all secretly wanted but didn't know you needed: THE INTERACTIVE REVIEW. (If you haven't already noticed my sneaky move, those up there were links you were supposed to click on. Duh.)

Now, the most sensible thing to d
Enya
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I think the best part was definitely the Fanfictions! :D I laughed so hard! Dan's was so good (scarily accurate writing I have to say, he clearly read a suspicious amount of fanfiction, lol ), and I still can't get over Phil's "muscular brow" and "D-Slice" and "raven-haired" and I'm not gonna spoil the ending but I'm telling you if you haven't read it yet, you're in for a treat ^^
The Las Vegas Story? Come ooooooooon guys, pwetty please, you can't just do this to us! Though it WAS quite creative,
Emily Hiles
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I got this the day it came out and ran to the mailbox with choir heels on. Fell on my face, but I have no regrets.
Chelsea
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
4.5 stars!

First of all, my copy of this book is SIGNED! I'm not sure if that's as big a deal I like to think, but this book is now the most important book on my shelf.

This was way, way better than I expected it to be. This isn't just a money grab, this book is genuinely funny, and I was laughing out loud the entire time. This was a legit, well made book and well worth buying. Dan and Phil are absolutely hilarious!

Dan's a freakishly good writer, like his fanfic of his own life was extremely well
♫✯Em loves Hollenstein✯♫❤the summertime and butterflies all belong to your creation❤
I NEED THIS BOOK MORE THAN I NEED TO LIVE OML ABDBDBNSJSSNSHDYDHDBDNCN. WHEN IS IT OCTOBER????!

UPdate:
YASSSS AMAZING
AND PERFECT
AMAZINGGGG
DIL
AND PHIL
AND DAN AND PHAN AND ASHDJDNDJEML
Grace
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: would-reread
I just saw the trailer and can I say... I'm so excited! Ah! I know this is a new thing for YouTubers to have books but I think this one I will actually read.
Nara
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My inner Phangirl cannot take the awesome.
Literally my two favourite Youtubers, and they have to go ahead and write a freaking book!
Also, it's in FULL COLOUR.
*dies*
Dawn
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, male, ya
Awrf, light of my life, fire of my loins. Hi Dan, my sin my soul. Dan How-ell: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Dan. How. Ell. He was Dan, plain Dan, in the morning, standing six foot two in skinny jeans. He was Daniel in a suit. He was Danny at home. He was Daniel James Howell on the dotted line. But in my arms he was always Dan. Did he have a precursor? He didn't, indeed he didn't. In point of fact, there might have been no Phan ...more
NadiaN99
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
هه هه.مگه ممكنه به اين همه عكس و خداي من صد صفحه فيل لستر كمتر از ٤ ستاره بدم!!!!؟!!؟!؟
پ.ن ١:وقتي اين كتابو با صداهاي خودشون ميخوني بايد بدوني كه براي به عقب برگشتن ديگه خيلي دير شده
پ.ن٢:هم كتابو خوندم هم اوديوبوكشو گوش دادم. .همه جورش عاليه (اشك ذوق)
- ̗̀ ash  ̖́-
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
this book was absolutely hilarious + dan & phil are the lights of my life.
Alexxy
Dec 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
Before starting the review, let me get one thing straight: Never read memoirs unless you know the person writing it. (And remember, this applies only to celebrity memoirs. It will not work with Anne Frank’s)
I remember I picked up ‘Yes, please!’ because it was a popular read and DNFed it at 30% because I couldn’t care less about Amy Poehler. So, when I got this book, I was afraid. Really really afraid that I’d DNF this one, too. But fortunately, for the sake of my sanity, I actually quite enjoyed
Nikki
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This pretty much felt like watching one of their videos, and that's pretty much what I wanted from the book, so that's a win. The visual design of this book is also really awesome. The photos and stuff make me want to keep in on my coffee table. If I had a coffee table... I should procure a coffee table and then put this book on it.
Courtney (librarycutie)
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I listened to The Amazing Book is not on Fire by Dan Howell and Phil Lester on Audible!

Incase you haven't figured T out by now, I love watching YouTubers, I find it really enjoyable and entertaining, and better than watching tv most times. Dan and Phil are some of my favorites, so I decided to listen to their Audio book, and I wasn't Dissapointed.

I was, however, Dissapointed to see some people give the book 1 or 2 stars, and after reading them they have all been towards the book, not the audio
Imani
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Is this book listed under the genre humor? It is? Good! Because that was one of the most hilarious autobiographies I've ever read. I'm just so proud of the guys.

It was a beautiful book that had lots of artistic visuals too, it wasn't just an autobiography you read but looked at.

I have to say though, IRL (as Dan loves to say) I do not read fanfiction. So when I saw that the boys had written short fanfics about each other in the book, I skipped those. x_x A girl has to draw a line somewhere l
Carleigh
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cover-love, read-2015
I really enjoyed this!!!! Dan and Phil are two of my favorite youtubers and I could not have asked for a better book from them!! The Amazing Book is not on Fire was not just another memoir, another book, it was THE book, THE memoir. When I read this I could just feel Dan's and Phil's personalities flowing through the words and pictures so vibrantly! One of the reasons I love Dan and Phil so much is because they're such a compatible, funny couple of guys, and you could sense that throughout all o ...more
Connie
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Preorder

After having this book on pre-order from the day they announced it until yesterday, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. I finally, after six years, have something that these two guys have poured their hearts into, in my hands. Something real. And I'm all soppy and emotional because they're just so precious.

This is a brilliant, funny, and personal read and if you're a fan on phan, read this book. These boys deserve all the happiness they can get.
Francesca
Actual rating 4.5 stars. If you're completely unfamiliar with Dan and Phil and haven't watched any of their YouTube videos, then I would not recommend reading this book or listening to the audiobook. This book is for fans, whether they're casual fans or they're fans that watch all their videos religiously. The book is hilarious. Their own unique senses of humour shine through and, even though I listened to the audiobook as well as reading it, when I was just reading the book their voices came ac ...more
sofia (sam willows)
  • Grace & Style: The Art of Pretending You Have It
  • Hello Life!
  • This Book Loves You
  • All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully
  • Du hast mich auf dem Balkon vergessen (SMS von gestern Nacht, #1)
  • In Real Life: My Journey to a Pixelated World
  • Selp-Helf
  • I Hate Myselfie: A Collection of Essays
  • Last of the Giants: The Rise and Fall of Earth’s Most Dominant Species
  • This May Sound Crazy
  • Storm in a C Cup: My Autobiography
  • Username: Evie (Username, #1)
  • Last Chance Angel
  • You Deserve a Drink: Boozy Misadventures and Tales of Debauchery
  • Sticky Fingers: DIY Duct Tape Projects - Easy to Pick Up, Hard to Put Down
  • I, Justine: An Analog Memoir
Daniel James "Dan" Howell is an English video blogger and radio personality. He is best known for his YouTube channel danisnotonfire, which has reached over six million subscribers.
More about Dan Howell