Start by marking “Dragons Don't Love (Fire Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
Dragons Don't Love (Fire Chronicles #2)

Dragons Don't Love

(Fire Chronicles #2)

A dragon shifter fairy tale for adult readers.

It’s finally the day of claiming. A dragon charges in breathing fire and leaves with an unwilling captive as his new bride. Roxanne, one of the brides he will chose from, wants nothing to do with the tradition that has gone on for thousands of years. From an early age she’s had one goal...

Kill the dragon.

Laryn—arrogant, gorg
Published May 5th 2015 by BL Publishing Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Dragons Don't Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragons Don't Love

Abra
May 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
I don't rape anymore is not good enough.

As I was describing the plot of this book to my husband he started singing "Puff, the rapey dragon lived by the sea". Other than the name of the dragon, this line fits perfectly.

Our hero was crazed by grief since his last "bride" died approximately 27 years ago. Although the setup of the book says the dragons become crazed because they loved their brides deeply, the dragons are willing to put each bride through a nightmarish several year period until she "
Yvonne Daniels
Recommends it for: Everyone
I have been a Fan of D'Elen McCain for a few years now and I happen to adore and love reading all of her books. Ms.McCain truly has a gold hand when comes to writing. She is absolutely awesome!! She has a great Imagination, fantastic, magical, engaging, extraordinary and talented writer. This storyline is compelling, marvelous, hilarious, exciting, wonderful, terrific and well written. Her characters are strong, confident, sexy, HOT, amazing, fabulous and stunning. The dialogue is well paced, fu ...more
Kaya
Shelves: its-a-must
This series is about four dragons, a curse placed on their kind by Hera and what it takes to break the curse.

In book 1 we learn about Bastian the red dragon, who's greatest treasure is his pride. Which he ultimately gives up for Acasia and breaks the curse.
Book 2 follows Laryn and Roxanne.

Although this book can be read as a standalone I suggest that you read book 1 first so that you understand their world and the secondary characters better.

I can't help but feel for the dragons and their plight
Sherry Fundin
I am ecstatic to be able to share Book II of the Fire Chronicles, Laryn’s stoy by D’Elen McClain. This is one of the best dragon series I have ever read. I could not put it down. Dragons Don’t Love is an adult tale of romance and love that flows smoothly from the pages.

Laryn had been alone for 25 years, now it was his turn to claim his new bride. The symbiotic relationship the curse placed on both dragons and humans was misunderstood by both of them, but because of the dragons love of their brid
Taz Will
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
I thought Laryn had learned his lesson but it seems like he really needed a kick in the head from the jump. Roxy came out the gate just as hot headed as Laryn but the ending really took the cake! The story was good, loved reading about Ashrac and the others but Sarn took it to another level. I have to read the next one because I hope Laryn moves on but I know Sarn will be feeling some kind of way after what he’s done.
Lori Levy
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was never a dragon paranormal lover. The first book in the series made me change my mind but this story cemented it. Started out hating Laryn; however, the way D'Elen McClain wrote the character through the story made you fall in love with him. Roxanne was a true joy to read about from the beginning and will having you cheering for a HEA. Another great read by an outstanding author.
Mia Taylor
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book rocked. It was so good. You meet old friends and your emotions are thrown all around but, it's a good trip. It makes you want to 're-read the older boom and look forward to the next one.
Donna
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked this better than the previous book in the series but I'm hard pressed to give a reason why. Maybe because this dragon had been such a shit in the first book that it was nice to see him redeemed. His bride also was more interesting. I knew she would turn into a dragon because that's pretty much the whole point of this series. All four male dragons are going to find mates in a relatively short period of time after millennium of having their brides die. I wasn't bored despite knowing the ou ...more
Danielle
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Wow. I really liked the first book in this series and this one had a good storyline but I couldn't get past the fact that his normal treatment of brides was to rape them day 1 and wait for them (for years) to forgive them and then fall in love. That's not love, it's Stockholm syndrome. So we need to just think "he talked to this bride first so it's ok now"? This is even more surprising from an author that was an SVU detective. I am going to try the 3rd book and hopefully it is more like the firs ...more
Nancy Haitsuka
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dragon shifters? You betcha!

I was looking for something to read when I came across book #1 of this series (FREE) and decided to try it. Not only did I read it through in one day, but I quickly clicked on book #2 to read more of this unusual Dragon shifting romance.

This is totally a new experience for me and have decided that I very much enjoy this writer. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I have been reading her other works under her real name Holly S Roberts.

Off to order book #3 to see wha
Sue Parker
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Laryn claims his bride but little does he know she intends to kill him. Roxanne has been training alone all her life. As a chosen bride she knows her fate and wants to make sure no other women have to go through the claiming ceremony. Laryn likes her spunk and decides to train his little warrior. Together they make a good team but Laryn won’t love her because he can’t stand the pain when she dies. But she does get into his heart and also ends up turning dragon so they will be together forever.
Nettie
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

Never did I think I I would enjoy reading about dragons. However, the author has a way of making you care about the characters and wanting to know what happens to them. I've read the whole series
frances dunning
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dragons do love

This is a fun, exciting and very emotional series. I love the bride's they really are stronger than their dragons. Little Ash is such a plus. Another baby on the way.
Eimear Breen
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

Will say some parts I wanted to hit him myself but in the end his love for her won out looking forward to next book
Maghon Thomas
I LOVE this series! I loved book one, where we meet Bastien and Acasia. We learned all about the curse Hera has put on them, and because of that curse, only 4 dragons are left. At all! It's sad. And this curse also has them claiming human brides, which cannot produce children, nor do the live long compared to their dragons. It's so sad. But this one, it had me cheering as much or more than Dragons Don't Cry! And can I just say I seriously hope Sarn gets what I think he will get in the next book, ...more
Kyjuliano
Shelves: d-elen-mcclain
Book 2 in The Fire Chronicles Series is another winner! The Dragons in this Realm have been cursed by a Goddess. They are destined to love and loose a human woman over and over again once every 100 years, unless they can find a way to break the curse.

In Dragon's Don't Cry Bastian had to overcome his pride and put his love for Acasia first, willing to give up his life for hers he changes his fate and gets his HEA! Now in Dragon's Don't Love we have Laryn, a cocky, igotisical, vain, arrogant.....
Nina Schluntz
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I actually discovered this book first, but decided to read book 1 in the series first. Sadly, the writing style deteriorated in this book. Almost to a cave-man type talk. Not sure if a new editor was hired or the characters were just being depicted as dummer than those in the first book. Either way, after reading the first book and going directly into this one, I had adjusted to the writing style and it wasn’t a problem.

My complaints from the first book follow over to this one. But thankfully th
Faye
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Technically, this is the second book of the author I've read. The first one was book 1 of the series and like the first one, I enjoyed reading Dragons Don't Love.

Both the heroine and hero matched each other perfectly. The same with Bastian and Acasia (loved that couple). I won't play favorites with them because they're good in their own way.

I liked how the personality of both H/h complements one another. Roxanne a real warrior woman and it's fun to see how she and Laryn interacted. Lots of wit
Rebecca Stigers
May 22, 2016 rated it liked it
OMG this was one hot cocky dragon! Well he thought he was until he claimed his new bride. These poor dragons have been cursed by Hera, Zeus wife. On the beginning a dragon killed one of her daughter's and she cursed them. They would never find happiness that lasts, they would claim a human bride and she would die leaving them alone for 25 years then it would repeat again. They would love their brides then suffer for 25 years after they died. Very sad for them, so Laryn said he would not love thi ...more
Angarad
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved it!!! I've been waiting for a while to read the sequel to Dragons don't cry and I have to say it was definitely worth the wait.
Karyn is extremely arrogant, just like you would expect from a mighty dragon. He has also been very hurt by the death of his previous bride and hasn't been ostracized by his fellow dragon brothers after stealing Acasia. To say that his claiming was unorthodox is saying little. I thought it hilarious that he would take so long to realize he was being attacked by hi
Chandra
May 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: erotica, fantasy, romance
SENSUALITY RATING: Total Erotica; Yes profanity; Very descriptive; Yes sexual encounters

GENRE: Fantasy romance; Dragons

SETTING:

CENTRAL FEMALE CHARACTER: ROXANNE - a woman on a mission, warrior, demands respect, stubborn, nasty disposition, feisty, funny, grumpy, smart-ass.

CENTRAL MALE CHARACTER: LARYN - Blue dragon, bully, also stubborn, mean cheap ego, also has a nasty disposition, arrogant, possessive

SYNOPSIS: The "Blue" dragon and virgin meet.

WHAT I LIKED: Ashrac. A courageous one to be so
Jacqueline Driggers
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 of the Fire Chronicles series, and our focus is on Laryn and Roxanne. You have to give Roxanne credit, she comes out swinging, and doesn't quite stop. She's a force for Laryn to reckon with, and that adds great spice to the book.

If you read book 1, then you were already introduced to Laryn, who is one lonely dragon. His surprise when his bride attacks him, rather than the usual greeting, is tons of fun.

The story in this book gets even better than the first, as Laryn tries to tam
Brenda Demko
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dragon's Don't Love is the second book in the Fire Chronicles series.

It was quick with just over 100 pages. The writing style was engaging, exciting and perfect. I was drawn in right away and I can't wait to read the first book and future books as well.

I went through every emotion. I laughed a lot and cried too. I felt like I was Bipolar with how quickly I bounced from one feeling to the next. This is a book that will be especially appreciated by readers who like to feel when reading (like me).

I
Julie
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay so in book #1 Dragons Don't Cry we met Laryn who was suffering from the ovrwhelming lonliness that happens after their bride has died. It is all part of the curse. Brilliant curse BTW. However Bastian and Acasia were able to break the curse. Let's see if stubborn, selfish, arrogant Laryn can do the same. He has rules for how he will avoid falling in love this time. Meet Roxy, a warrior determined to kill the dragon on claiming day. Sounds like a good story to curl up with for the weekend to ...more
Emily Lindsey
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This just keeps getting better!

I am in love with Roxanne! This is a badass chick! A self taught Dragon slayer who has a smart mouth and a warrior's mentality. Laryn resistance a chance of resisting her, even if he is an arrogant butt head. The characterizations are so on point that I am still thinking of them as real people. The plot line flows smoothly and I was never bored for a second. I loved this second book in this series. It is a whole book, no cliffhangers, and I look forward to reading
Mindy
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Told in he said/she said style, this story can be read as a stand-alone. The story covers the stange mating rituals of dragons and a village that raises dragon brides. In this story Laryn and Roxanne meet at the mate choosing when she tries to kill him.

This is a sweet story with hillarious moments. I give this story 4.5 out of 5 clouds.
Helen
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dragons again

Layrn goes to claim his new bride. All of a sudden he has a loop around ankle and a woman jumps on his back and tries to st a b him. She does know this is impossible. So starts the story of Layrn and Rosanna. Great story and again high recommend it. But book s as should be 're as d in order because of the interaction with characters from the previous story.

Summer
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I didn't like Laryn as much as Bastion. His egotistical, Lothairistic (yes, you heard me, Lothairistic not Narcissistic, Lothaire came first) self just didn't win me over. I loved Ashrac though and I look forward to seeing more of this tiny brat and maybe he'll have a tiny 'cousin' to play with next book?
Wendy Higgs
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! D'Elen has written a wonderful love story about Laryn and Roxanne! Their journey if full of laughter, pain and longing BUT so very well written! These characters are so well written you feel you are right there with them.....I laughed and , yes, ugly cried! Ready for #3!!!!!!!!!! If you love dragons and paranormal this series is a worthy read!!!!
°BeauutiLovve
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for my ARC copy. Dragons don't Love was a good love story, Roxy wanted to kill until she fell in love. One dragon cant love because his other wives have died so he can't take the heartbrake again. This was funny until the tears. This is the second book in the series.
Can't wait to read The next book Dragons don't Forget
  • Crimson Dahlia (Svatura, #3)
  • Skydreamer
  • Myths and Magic: An Epic Fantasy and Speculative Fiction Boxed Set
  • Bianca: The Brave Frail and Delicate Princess
  • The Prophecy (A Dragon's Tale, #1)
  • Breakwater (The Mer Chronicles, #2)
  • The Dragon Empire
  • Bloodmoon (Bloodmark Saga, #3)
  • Mortal Musings
  • Joshua and the Arrow Realm (Lightning Road #2)
  • Broken Dolls (The Telepathic Clans, # 3)
  • Your Name, In Fire (Vampire Geek Cycle, #1)
  • A Pink Zombie, with a Mist
  • Still Life
  • Death to the Undead (Life After the Undead #2)
  • Satan's Son
  • Pretty Dark Sacrifice (Pretty Dark Nothing, #2)
  • Found (Heart Search #2)
I’m a writer, author, word warrior! I owned an independent bookstore for many years in my 20’s and 30’s. So it should be obvious, I LOVE BOOKS. Fiction or non-fiction it doesn’t matter. I hated self-help but then found Og Mandino. I hated French history and the game of chess and then discovered The Eight by Katherine Neville. I’ve stopped limiting myself to what I think I like.

That brings me to pa

Fire Chronicles (5 books)
  • Dragons Don't Cry (Fire Chronicles #1)
  • Dragons Don't Forgive (Fire Chronicles #3)
  • Dragons Live Forever (Fire Chronicles #4)
  • Dragons Don't Lie (Paranormal Dating Agency Kindle World; Fire Chronicles, #5)