Start by marking “Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #10)” as Want to Read:
Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #10)

Old School

(Diary of a Wimpy Kid #10)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  27,550 ratings  ·  2,380 reviews
Life was better in the old days. Or was it?

That’s the question Greg Heffley is asking as his town voluntarily unplugs and goes electronics-free. But modern life has its conveniences, and Greg isn’t cut out for an old-fashioned world.

With tension building inside and outside the Heffley home, will Greg find a way to survive? Or is going “old school” just too hard for a kid
Published November 3rd 2015 by Amulet Books

To ask other readers questions about Old School, please sign up.
Nicholas Skidmore While the book isn't released yet, once it comes out you can read it by downloading it from any major EBook provider (Kindle store, Google Play Books,…moreWhile the book isn't released yet, once it comes out you can read it by downloading it from any major EBook provider (Kindle store, Google Play Books, Nook, etc), purchase it from a local bookstore, buy it from online retailers (Amazon, etc.), or check it out from a local library. You can also go under "Get a copy" on the Goodreads page and find where it is available relative to you.(less)
Deepti Mendiratta The book is not out yet it will be out in november

·  27,550 ratings  ·  2,380 reviews

Felicia
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5-4

This is my favorite cover of the series. I love the black and white.

I liked this one, just not as much as the others. I felt this could have went in a totally different direction and had way more laughs. I expected to see how Greg would react to 'old school' devices and way of life. We instead got Greg having to go without technology completely and off to camp for a week.

I feel the title was a bit misleading. It wasn't quite what I had expected, but still a fun read.

Before reading

It may be
Wilma
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dit boek gelezen van mijn zoon...herkenbare, hilarische situaties...regelmatig hardop gelachen...voor jong en oud een aanrader!!
সালমান হক
3.5 stars actually!!
It Was fun!! Of course it was fun. But it was not just laugh out loud fun like the previous ones!!
Here Jeff tried to show how much obsessed has greg's generation(!) become with technologies :p so he put our poor greg into some less modern situations and lead him to do some camping. And what happened afterwards it, was not greg's fault believe me ! He was just being himself :)
Expected a bit more fun and a tiny bit more maturity from Greg. :) I think its finally time to sa
Ahmad Sharabiani
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #10), Jeff Kinney
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School is a children's novel written by American author Jeff Kinney first published in 2015. It is the tenth book of Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, preceded by Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul and followed by Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Double Down. The book was released on November 3, 2015 worldwide, though an extract from the book was released online on October 28, 2015. This book debuted at No.1 on b
Archit Ojha
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Archit by: Pooja
Shelves: ebooks

Things are not getting better for Greg with time. Or for Rowley. Getting sent back from the camp twice for health issues is an augury for times to come.

Greg is always a stay-at-home person. Yes, the video games are his true bliss. But messing things up with Dad's car and almost inundating the house down thinking he might be Noah - he has to leave town.

Well, well, well. That is not the only object of irritation.

No electronics means no life.

The pink wasn't helping the cause with getting all the f
Muse-ic ♬
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fluff, own
Ah the humor :) Jeff Kinney has a knack for making readers sympathize with and scorn Greg at the same time ^^
Sometimes Greg's whiny-ness is entirely justified, and other times you just want to slap him and that family of his! Don't even get me started in his brothers! And their pet pig....oh then there's that strange excuse for a mother and father.
And the whole stinky cabin situation? Reading it was like living it, and I am kind of a clean freak so ew!
Silas Scratch the Undead Farmer will probab
Chris Perry
Jun 13, 2015 marked it as to-read
I CANT EVEN READ IT
Nusrat Mahmood
Nov 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
the worst in the whole series. I hardly find humor in this one. I haven't understand why Jeff didn't use Manny properly . he is one of the main source of laughter. it's a disappointment for me.
Vani
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one AMAZING series. Kudos to the author for creating these fun books. I could be tense or upset or tired and all I have to do is just read a page or two of The Wimpy Kid and it totally cracks me up. As long as Jeff Kinney is writing these books, I promise to read each one of them.

So, this book is about how life used to be in old times when 'three generations lived under the same roof', when people lived 'without electronics', and free of other modern amenities we take so much for grante
Jeff Raymond
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it
I've been continually impressed by how high the quality of the Wimpy Kid books have been as the series has progressed. We're close to 10 years worth of the books now and, while at one time this was rumored to be the final book, that might not be so anymore. I wonder if that's part of the reason why this one was just okay.

The charm of the books comes from the seemingly tied together stories to go along with the broader arc. I'd say the issue with this one was that the story with Greg's grandfathe
Hayley
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I will never tire of this wonderful series.

I own and have read all of the books apart from the very latest two which I will of course be getting too!

These books are just a fun fly of a read and the nostalgia welcomes me back to these quirky characters and their extraordinary situations.

Greg is just relatable on so many levels and I seem to relate to him the older I get, funnily enough. His crazy family never get old and this particular story had me rooted to my spot and I would not move until I
Philip
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: children, young-adult
Heffley Stuck in 7th Grade

I imagine I'll keep reading these as long as Kinney continues putting them out.

I wish I knew when they'd be over though. I don't like the thought of it just ending. ...Although, if I'm honest with myself, that's how my diary journal ended as a kid. One day: BAM! That was it. I just stopped writing in it, and couldn't get back into it. And I kept the thing for years.

I thought it was funny when Heffley said early on (page 15), "And to be honest with you, I feel like I've been in middle school FORE
Pooja
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 100-pages
'Rowley said that he doesn't want to cut the lemons because he said they cause tears. I told him he was mistaking it for ONION!'

Old School is so awesome to put in words. I'm laughing so hard that I need to put efforts typing this review.

Gregory is fed up about grown-ups always talking that it was better in their days and all the drama. He thinks it's not true. And he'll prove it to us. But will it be easy for a wimpy kid who has now a pig in his home as a pet, a pig who's manny's favorite, walks
Anna the Annonymous Android
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think I'm hyperventilating
[image error]
⚡ molly ⚡
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016-reads
my brother let me borrow his books, and said for me to read his favourite series, Diary of A Wimpy Kid. And I thought that was adorable so I read the whole thing in an hour. Such a easy read to get through and can be enjoyed at any age. Awesome book!
Müni (MuenisBookWorld)
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: interesting
Now I understand why my little sister loves these books.
They are hilarious!!! hhaahaha
Drewthereader19
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Series done!(:
Anna
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Διασκεδαστικό βιβλίο, για μικρούς - και όχι μόνο - αναγνώστες, αλλά νομίζω ότι η ποιότητα έχει πέσει λίγο σε σχέση με τα προηγούμενα! Εννοείται ότι η οικογένεια του Γκρεγκ είναι.. κάπως ιδιαίτερη... αλλά όχι και τόσο... Μου άρεσε πολύ πάντως η περιπέτεια στην ερημιά κατασκήνωση, σίγουρα όμως δεν θα ήθελα να συμμετέχω (Τζίσους που θα έλεγε και η ξενέρωτη!!!)
Nashali
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Jeff never gets old.
I really liked this book, I'm a huge fan of Greg. I loved the characters in this one but I kind of missed Rowley and Manny. But it was great and funny. This is my favorite cover of all.

I can't wait to read the next one!
michelle
Mary ♥
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. B
Nov 06, 2015 rated it liked it
The pet pig from the last book, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul is back. Roderick gets a job and Grandpa (Dad's dad) moves in. But some things never change, Greg is still in middle school. As he says on page 15, I feel like I've been in middle school FOREVER. Plus Manny still is not potty trained.
This school year, Greg's grade gets to go on a class trip to Hardscrabble Farms for a few days. Greg has no interest in attending a back to nature field trip, but after a mishap at home he decides
Praxedes
Mar 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Gosh, I never tire of this series. This installment was not as 'tight' as some of its predecessors, but it still managed to make me laugh out loud a couple of times.

I was glad to see Greg's father having a more meaningful role in this volume, although introducing grandpa into the mix felt a little forced. The best part was the week-long camp section, where all of Heffley's dubious qualities came to the fore. It's interesting how Kinney is able to make us feel both affection and disdain for the s
Jessica
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
This books are just a hoot. I agree with my Boy (age 11) that the previous one, about the road trip, was funnier, but this was still awesome. I love the grandpa's online dating, and really felt for him, being shipped off to an old timey farm with insufficient supplies . . . it reminded me of girls' camp with my church youth group as a teen. (I am not a willing camper.)
Laila Tarek
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
*3.5* I can never let go of my love to this series, even though this book was slightly disappointing.
Juan Mejia
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was a good book. It got me into the reading zone
Yareli Becerril
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was very funny, but it wasn't my favorite.
Suraia Munia
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
one acronym is enough to describe the whole book, "lol."
book review 1 1 Jan 09, 2019 07:31AM
Play Book Tag: Old School - Jeff Kinney - 4 Stars 3 16 May 27, 2018 06:48AM
  • Princess Labelmaker to the Rescue! (Origami Yoda, #5)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back
  • We Meet Again (Timmy Failure, #3)
  • Lulu Walks the Dogs
  • Night of the Living Worms: A Speed Bump & Slingshot Misadventure
  • Flying Birthday Cake?
  • The Sleepwalker Tonic (Nightmares!, #2)
  • Minecraft: The Rescue - A Minecraft Novel
  • A Ghost in the House
  • Princess Sparkle-Heart Gets a Makeover
  • Who Was Rosa Parks?
  • The Golden Statue Plot (Geronimo Stilton, #55)
  • Goodnight Darth Vader
  • The LEGO Movie: Junior Novel
  • Who Was Alexander the Great?
  • Who Was Susan B. Anthony?
  • Don't Tap-Dance on Your Teacher (Roscoe Riley Rules, #5)
Jeff Kinney is an author of children's books including Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series. Jeff was born in College Park, Maryland, in 1971 where he created a comic strip called "Igdoof."He also created the children's website 'Poptropica'.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1)
  • Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #2)
  • The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #3)
  • Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4)
  • The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #5)
  • Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #6)
  • The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7)
  • Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #8)
  • The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #9)
  • Double Down (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #11)
“See, that's the problem with putting too much stock in the old days. You remember all the GOOD stuff, but you forget about the time you got spanked by your best friend's mom.” 1 likes
“澳洲毕业证澳洲学历文凭原版制作Q/微981497266办理UNSW毕业证新南威尔士大学毕业证成绩单真实学历学位认证New South Wales