Start by marking “Las Aventuras de Eric John Stark” as Want to Read:
Las Aventuras de Eric John Stark

Las Aventuras de Eric John Stark

(The Book of Skaith #1-3)

En los años 40, cuando la fría sonda Viking no había mostrado aún la desolación de Marte, desposeyéndolo de todo su romanticismo, la guionista de cine y escritora Leigh Brackett desarrolló en las misteriosas y exóticas arenas marcianas una larga serie de historias, varias de las cuales mostraron al mundo el que habría de ser su único protagonista habitual: Eric John Stark, ...more
Paperback, Barsoom, 292 pages
Published (first published January 1st 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Las Aventuras de Eric John Stark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Las Aventuras de Eric John Stark

Nathan
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I loved this series when I read it at the age of 12 or so. Reading it again, I can't help but notice the seams where Brackett modified it, and it only barely passes the Bechdel test, but hell, it's all good fun. A classic planetary romance.

Also, while the cover of a book isn't very important, I was sadly amused to note that the hero was whitewashed. In the books, he's called "The Dark Man" for a reason.
Ignacio Senao f
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Eric es duro, muy asilvestrado. Quiere pelear, buscarse problemas. Si ayuda es por aburrimiento. Sus guantadas valen como las de 10 hombres. Este terrestre tan bruto, vagara por tramas ramplonas y mal escritas.
Neil
Instead of trying to 'review' all three stories when I am done with the omnibus, I will add stuff while reading [the last two stories] and review each story as it is finished. Then, at the end, I will probably give some final overall thoughts on the omnibus as a whole.

The Ginger Star : This story moved at a decent pace. It was kind of funny to me, how it started off with space ships and interstellar travel and an all-encompassing Galactic Union but ended up on some backwater planet where the in
David
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the Skaith Trilogy Leigh Brackett takes her hero Eric John Stark into interstellar space to the dying planet of Skaith with its weird cultists, genetically modified humans, and barbarian tribes on a desperate search for his missing father. Rousing space opera complete with marauders from space.

I first read these in the 1980's but didn't really appreciate them until I listened to them on audible during my daily commute.

Netflix should do a series with Idris Elba as Stark
Il Futuro è tornato
Ne abbiamo parlato sul blog nell'articolo sul planetary romance:

Fred
barbarian science fiction, not as feminist or existential as gaskell, but a definite fore-runner and corrective to buttloads of sexist puke
Karina
Aug 30, 2015
Del
Jun 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Leigh Brackett was born on December 7, 1915 in Los Angeles, and raised near Santa Monica. Having spent her youth as an athletic tom-boy - playing volleyball and reading stories by Edgar Rice Burroughs and H Rider Haggard - she began writing fantastic adventures of her own. Several of these early efforts were read by Henry Kuttner, who critiqued her stories and introduced her to the SF personalitie ...more

The Book of Skaith (3 books)
  • The Ginger Star (The Book of Skaith, #1)
  • The Hounds of Skaith (The Book of Skaith, #2)
  • The Reavers of Skaith  (The Book of Skaith, #3)