Start by marking “After Last Call” as Want to Read:
After Last Call

After Last Call

Lola is ready for a change. She’s blown the first half of the eighties drifting aimlessly through Miami’s cocaine-fueled nightclub scene, so when a sweet-talking stranger comes to town she allows him to sweep her off her feet and clear across the country.

Predictably, things in California don’t go according to plan and Lola finds herself on her own for the first time in h
Published March 24th 2015

To ask other readers questions about After Last Call, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Last Call

Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Lola meets Randy in her hometown of Miami. He sweeps her off her feet by partying and flashing money around.

He professes his undying love for her and NEEDS her to come with him to his home in LA. So Lola packs up and takes off with the love of her life.
Once she gets there they hit the partying scene wide open.

Then Lola starts to realize that the drugs and party girl lifestyle is not all it's cracked up to be. Then she finds out dork ass is cheating.

She gets a job and decides to stand on he
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

When I heard there was a book that focused on the magic and majesty which was the 1980s – well, I was so happy I could’ve gyrated all over the top of a sportscar . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

In what may have been a Goodreads first, I even spammed the author asking for the release date in order to obtain a copy ASAP.

After Last Call focuses on a 20-something named Lola. Spoiler alert: She’s not a showgirl nor does whatever Lola wants automatically become so
Darth J
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: authoryes
*Please note that I was given an uncorrected advance copy in exchange for an honest review, so the version I read may be different than the final product*

After being impressed with Derrolyn Anderson’s previous series, Marina's Tales and The Athena Effect, I was wondering how she was going to

But she did, and this time she went 80’s style. That’s right folks, this book has everything: big hair, shoulder pads, a reference to Reaganomics… All it was missing was the two Coreys and maybe an appearance
Carmen
Apr 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense Fans
Recommended to Carmen by: Eric Plume
She paused in the bedroom doorway, turning to look down at the violated bed, knowing that she could never sleep in it again.

Whoever had left the earring behind had forced her hand. The nonstop partying was bad enough, but there was no way in hell she was going to turn a blind eye to cheating. Lola could handle a lot of things, but infidelity was definitely not one of them.

This is a fun '80s book which is a kind of romance/mystery hybrid. Lola leaves Miami on a whim, caught up in the sweet-talkin
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
It was the 1980's: the heyday of shoulder pads, leg warmers, Sony Walkmans and Miami Vice. And a time of cocaine-fueled partying, when AIDS had barely begun to pierce society's consciousness.

80's song titles introduce each chapter of this romantic suspense novel, cleverly echoing the theme of the chapter . . .
description
. . . and we're quickly hit with the seamy underside of the party scene.

Lola, a beautiful Cuban-American girl, is tiring of the drug- and alcohol-fueled lifestyle, and allows her latest boy
Karly's Authors Who Rock Challenge

3 Stars

Full disclosure: Yes, I am friends with Derrolyn Anderson here on Goodreads and no, that isn’t going to affect my review of this story in any way. If you think it would (or should) back away…. back away VERY quickly.

Even though I am a by-product of the 80’s rather than a by-stander within them, my mom definitely kept the 80’s alive in my house well into the 90’s. I remember having scrunchies with bobbing pony atop my head, the hair nightmare of ‘crimpi
♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)
You can read this review and more on my blog:
I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

This is my favorite type of Mystery novel. It kept me guessing until the very end  and had a sweet romance on the side.

Although it is set in the 80’s it’s more a subtle nod to the era than an overindulgent stereotype. There were a few mentions of the crazy fashions and totally tubular way people
Eric Plume
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off, full disclosure. I was given a copy of this book by the author, but it was not with the promise of praise or even a review. I decided to review it anyway.

I'm relatively new to the romance novel genre and am still getting a handle on its storytelling conventions...however, this was one of the first books in the genre that I actually enjoyed. I sat down to give the first few chapters a glance to see what I was getting in for...

..and promptly got sucked in, forgetting that I had intended
Cameron Chaney
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, mystery, adult
YA author Derrolyn Anderson tries her hand at the adult thriller genre with After Last Call. Crime, murder, shady affairs... big hair... this 80's crime story has all of it! You can see my full video review HERE.
Lynxie
Derrolyn doesn't fail to deliver an engrossing and twisting story.

Set in the 80s, Lola is a 20-something young woman who hasn't really worked out what she wants to do with her life, but when she meets Randy who offers her parties, a high-flying life and fun, well how could she possibly say no?!

description

Now, I liked Lola. She seemed like a genuinely nice character. Albeit a bit of an emotional one. At times she felt like she was a lot younger than she was meant to be, but perhaps some women are just like
Sheri
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I loved the ambience of this book. Set in the 80s? Yell yes. And I loved that each chapter was titled by a popular 80s song. It brought back so many fond memories of big bangs, acid washed jeans, and Doc Martens. I loved my Doc Martens.

The story itself was great. Lola is so very down to earth. She is an 80s girl looking for her place in the world (aren't we all?). She has big dreams but no real direction to get there. She is struggling to find herself and makes a few bad decisions, hoping they
Cheryl Duval
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-for-review
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for a honest review.

As I was reading this story I thought that I had the plot all figured out - what a revelation when I found out that I was completely wrong!! This is a great, unpredictable story with marvelous characters and a surprising plot. I highly recommend this book.
Kaitlin
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to come
SG Barron
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Derrolyn Anderson did not disappoint with this stand alone novel. It was intriguing, contained the plot twists she is coming to be known for, and leaves you feeling good about the main characters at the end.

I really liked the playlist throughout the book with each song title at the beginning of each chapter acting like a chapter heading. Gosh, I haven't heard some of those songs in YEARS! It was really nice to be reminded of them again. The recipes at the end of the book were a great added bonus
Nicole
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
1st - I received this book in return for my review. This was a good book. I really liked the characters and tempo, and story, and where it all ended. Overall - this was a fast and easy read with a good story!
Mary
Apr 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Derrolyn's writing is fluent and makes me imagine that I was right there "watching" it as a live movie on the big screen.
It is a Mystery/Romance novel - It kept me on my toes, by thinking I had the plot figured out but each time I turned the page my guess was always wrong lol
I was born in the early 80's so I kinda had the "just" of what life was like. Derrolyn goes into great detail about how life was like for a twent
Lisa
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review.
I enjoyed this romance/suspense. It was interesting to see how Lola was able to change her life around after the sleazy boyfriend Randy, who by the way seemed to epitomize the things we'd rather forget about the 80's.The downside is that Sam is still a bit of a mystery... not much background or history to go on.The music was spot on... Well selected tracks for the storyline.The recipes featured were an added bonus! This was an enjoyab
Brandy
Apr 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This wasn't my type of book. There was some romance but not the kind I love. I was born in the 80's so it really hit home. The book was a great mystery. It surprised me all the way through. Just when I thought I figured it out, Derrolyn proved me wrong. I would say Derrolyn did a great job on the mystery part of the book! I loved Lola's character. I give it a 3. I look forward to reading more from Derrolyn in the futu
Sonja Y.
Apr 25, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a good read. It has a big slice of Americana that I enjoyed. It really takes you back in time. There's a lot of dialogue, and you could really get a feel for the characters, though they were not very likable. There's good description and interesting story twists. Overall, it is a worthwhile read.
Becky Shambley
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it
A light easy read

Well written, in technical aspects. A little fantastical in its resolution, but I still enjoyed reading it. I like the addition at the end of the book.
Brenda A
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-author
As usual I am absolutely amazed by this author. I'm not generally a fan of romance novels because they rarely seem realistic to me. Instalove is always an issue, and rarely do I feel like the characters have actual personalities other than stuff you can bullet point:

She:

He:
-is dominant
-is muscle-y
-has piercing eyes
-doesn't seem to have any hobbies

My point is, they're all pretty interchangeable. So when I get my hands on somethi
Sherre Copeland
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After Last Call is a romantic thriller that follows Lola. Bored with her partying, cocaine filled life in Miami in the 80's, she meets Randy and falls in love. Randy convinces her to move with him to California, and she takes the plunge. Once she gets there, however, life isn't as wonderful as it seems, and when Randy cheats on her, she's on her own. She turns things around by getting a job at a bar and getting in touch with her passion for cooking. Soon though, a coworker's affair ends in death ...more
DR Nayak
May 02, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book free for an honest review from Shut up and read group. This is a thriller romance book. The story is set in the 80’s. The author has a very visual writing style. The story revolves around Lola a young girl who falls for a loser boyfriend and moves in with him. She quickly realizes her mistake and sets out to make her own space in the world. The author writes well with various twists and turns in the story that left me guessing till the end.
Tara
Mar 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a 3.7 for me. Good story line and was enjoyable.
Jun 07, 2015
Danielle
Aug 31, 2017
added it
Feb 23, 2015
Shut Up & Read: {Read It & Reap 405} After Last Call by Derrolyn Anderson 22 49 May 03, 2015 02:39PM

Hello Goodreaders. About me:

I'm a mom of three, cat collar mogul, artist and author.
Working on the next big thing ;)

Like romance?
FREE BOOKS AVAILABLE HERE ↓ ↓ ↓

✓At Amazon for Kindle : http://www.amazon.com/Derrolyn-Anders...
✓At B&N for Nook : http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/derro...
✓At Smashwords for all e-book formats : https://www.smashwords.com/profile/vi...

Visit me on Instagram where I p