Start by marking “Defining Love (Volume 1)” as Want to Read:
Defining Love (Volume 1)

Defining Love

(Defining Love #1)

This edition is no longer available. Defining Love is now available ONLY as a stand alone full length novel and can be found HERE
ebook
Published 2015

To ask other readers questions about Defining Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defining Love

вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
description.....

Apart of a series so not saying anything about it, only that I'm loving it and it's very intense, although a tad bit frustrating in parts. Roll on part 2.

Angela
Apr 08, 2015 marked it as to-read
I can't wait to get my hands on this series!!!!

description
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever just had a book sitting in your TBR and for some odd reason or another you never really read it. That is exactly what Defining Love was to me. Elizabeth Reyes is an automatic read to me but I just wasn't sure about it. After finally taking my head out of my behind I decided to read it. Then it just sat there but when I finally started it I couldn't put it down. It's so different than what I expected from Elizabeth but it was amazing! I'm so glad she went where she went with this bo ...more
Naia
~4.5~ I really enjoyed this book. I went into it completely blind not even reading the synopses. I'm glad I did because I wouldn't have given this book a chance. The heroine & hero were pretty dang adorable. Maybe some of their choices would have turned some people off but it didn't bother me one bit. The pace flowed really well & the characters made this book a page turner for me. It's not angsty like some love triangles are (or should I say love square?) but I did finished it in one da ...more
Lindy
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: na-romance
My Thoughts:

The first volume of Elizabeth Reyes' Defining Love Serial Series is vastly different from anything else that I've read written by her; but no less enjoyable. Volume one sets the stage for the rest of this story. We are introduced to the main characters, Henrietta, "Henri," and Aaron.

Henri has had a very difficult life, and is very mature for a nineteen year old college student. She has known abandonment and traumatic loss. Aaron is more than ten years older than Henri. He has everyth
Romance
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Talk about something a little different from Mrs. Reyes. Well hello and I am hooked on Henri and Aaron. Granted I was a little shocked at part of the story and could see why some choices and decisions were made. I enjoyed how the story developed and loved the struggle that the characters faced.

Henri had hard decisions to make and she made a few bad ones which eventually lead to her growth and her lightbulb moments. She had to grow up fast and her early years played a huge part on the decisions
Angie
*4.5 stars*

This book took me completely by surprise. It's very different for Reyes. With this first installment we get to know Aaron and Henrietta (Henri).

Henri has had a traumatic childhood. She has serious abandonment issues so once she finally has a close girlfriend in high school she's super clingy and selfish with her time. But Edi doesn't mind, if you know what I mean. They carry their friendship into being roommates in college. How far will Henri go to not lose Edi's friendship?

Aaron has
Ricci
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ohhhh very interesting and very different! I can see heartbreak written all over this book but it's so addictive to put down! On to the second part of the book..
Cc
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So respectful of ALL parties involved, truly well done.
RO Mejia
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My Take on this Journey:

Defining Love, by Elizabeth Reyes is Dynamic! Volume 1, in the three part series, will light a fire in the pilot light of your soul. I never thought I would say this, but once again, Eli, has outdone herself in this masterfully written novelette. Defining Love is the story of Henrietta, "Henri Magana." Henri is a young girl who is placed in the foster system with her older sister, Celia. The only person she can depend on, until the day comes when she turns 18, and must al
The BookWhisperer
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
We all know my love for characters that start off as friends and then become lovers and we also know my love for Elizabeth Reyes so really nothing could go wrong for me – and it didn’t.

First off, let me say that there might be something does not appeal to the general public – an element of bisexuality. Both Jackie and I were warned before we agreed to read the ARC and I will say that at first, it kind of threw me off. It wasn’t something that I was expecting and it was nothing like E.R. has eve
Miranda
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kristen
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was incredibly intrigued by this book from the get go. I mean this girl gets into a relationship with another girl, then falls in love with a man? WHAT?

As I read along, omg, what a great book. It's pretty heartwrenching and I felt so bad for everyone in the book which is incredibly rare for me. Normally you root the main couple or you feel bad for one person or whatever. Not everyone. The book was good enough that it made me want to read more of this author's books.

I also wanted a book on Edi
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
I'm honestly not quite sure how to review Defining Love, Vol. 1. It was mostly setting up Aaron and Henri's separate relationships with their best friends. We've seen how each of their relationships got to their current state, but we've only really seen one interaction between Henri and Aaron. I feel like I need more of them together. Their separate lives are interesting but I feel like I'm waiting to see where it goes before I can really have a strong opinion. I will say Elizabeth Reyes' writin ...more
Bella
This story really sucked me in.

Henri and Aaron are both in relationships with their best friends. They both are terrified to break it off with their significant others because they don't want to lose their best friend. But they are both just not feeling it.

Then they meet each other and the sparks fly.

But they are attached to someone else.

It's hard for me to read a love triangle. Especially when the choice is obvious to everyone.

I liked seeing how Henri and Aaron made it to their HEA.

The F/
Bibi
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great story

Aaron has been in a committed relationship for 10 years and he knows what he wants but maybe what he wants isn't what his heart needs.

Henri has lost so much in her short life, she wants to be loved and is tired of people leaving her, but is she willing to sacrifice her destiny to stay with someone she isn't in love with?

Aaron and Henri met and found something in each other that they haven't felt ever...what will they do now?

Read Defining Love and find out!
Marcy
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Defining Love is very different from what I'm used to reading from Elizabeth Reyes, aside from the Hispanic influences of course. In this first installment of the serial, we are pretty much introduced to Aaron and Henri, and we learn about their current relationships. They are both struggling to find what they really want, while settling for what they think they should want. I really liked the chemistry they had at their first real encounter, and I felt really bad for the confusion and longing t ...more
De Reese Robinson
Embrace Yourself

Henrietta, a young girl orphaned with her older sister, always clinging to her sister Henri, never grasped the concept of letting go. When her sister left the fosterhome at the age of 18 and leaving 15year-old Henri to fend for herself. Henrietta, eventually moves with an aunt and developed a friendship with the most popular girl at school. Becoming besties they decide to apply to college together and that's when Henrietta's life became out of control.
Jennifer Potter
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This first volume gives you the backstory for Henri and Aaron that really helps you start connecting with them. It also introduces you to Edi and Mia which really makes you feel torn in the other two volumes. I will be honest and say that I normally hate books with college girls because I find the girls so immature, but this book was definitely an exception. Henri was mature for her age and made me really like her and not want to choke her.
Sarah Mannering
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The first serial book I've read and really enjoyed it! I love Elizabeth Reyes and really enjoyed the emotional and psychological aspects to this story. Thank god I only have to wait a week for part two!
Jewel
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story is not what I expected. I liked it and now I'm left hanging until the next one. I can't wait!!!
Frances Hernandez
Defining love

I love Elizabeth Reyes book. They are so great. I'm loving this book. Can't wait for the next one. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Virna
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
The storyline was at least different but the book didn'the keep me suspense, just another love story with a little different twist.
Susy Bustillos
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Went into this book with no prior knowledge of what it was even about. You blew me away and I can't wait for the next installments (already pre-ordered both)!
D²
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Casey
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Defining Love is a serial told in three parts by Elizabeth Reyes. As with serials, each part needs to be read in order and will leave things unresolved until the final part. While I am not the biggest fan of serials, I was excited to read this story since I was able to read them back to back. Luckily, all three parts are live now so there is no waiting for readers in between installments. One thing that I was unaware of that I think readers sh
Mikki _At_A Bookish Escape
Defining Love, by Elizabeth Reyes, is the first volume in her brand new serial series. I have to admit that I am not a big fan of serials. I usually wait until all the volumes are released to start reading the story. I do make some exceptions and, this is one since Elizabeth Reyes is one of my favorite authors. I have read the author's posts about this serial and the more she was talking about it, the more I got nervous and excited!!! I knew that this was going to be different from what she has ...more
Julia
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review is for all three volumes together, since I read almost all of them in one night (and finished the last one hour the next night).

I picked up "Defining Love" with my Kindle Unlimited, and I'm glad I did. I've read many of the 5th Street and Moreno Brothers' stories, and I just keep coming back. I would say that in comparison to those which are related to each other, these are not (yet--will they be?) tied into other stories. That was a little bit refreshing for me. Also, while I still
Beth
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Curious Stars

So glad I read this as the complete book. Serials drive me crazy. I would not have wanted to wait for the next installment of this one to come out. But now you don’t have to.

Henrietta found out that a little curiosity can hurt. It can hurt a lot. As does insecurity. Makes you do things you wouldn’t necessarily do. You see, Henri has had a tough life. She knows what feels like to be abandoned. To be alone. When she finds a friend, a real friend. She grabs hold. Henri follows Edi a
Books Laid Bare
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I simply adore Elizabeth Reyes, is definitely one of my favourite author, so when the hype about this one bubbled my way I have to say that my interest was most definitely piqued!
The book is Henrietta’s (Henri) and Aaron’s story and what a journey it takes you on. The outset of the book, really does set the groundwork for the remaining two thirds of their tale but the detail is invaluable and the back history of this pair is far from straight forward.
Henri left a troubled past behind and stepped

• Shattered by Fate (Fate's Path, #2)
  • Given to You (The Killer Next Door, #3)
  • Beneath the Stain - Part Seven
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Between Before and After
  • Twisted Oak: A Sexual Odyssey
  • Indecent... Exposure (Indecent, #1)
  • Fallen For Him (Darkest Fears Trilogy, #1)
  • With Visions of Red (With Visions of Red: Broken Bonds #2)
  • Ice Steam (Loving All Wrong, #3)
  • Delicious (Delicious #1)
  • Then, Again
  • Secrets
  • A Brand New Ending
  • The Sweet Spot (Boston Harbor Romances, #1)
  • Spirit's Release
  • Just Like Heaven
  • More (Impossible Love, #2)
Elizabeth Reyes is a USA Today Best Selling Author of The Moreno Brothers, 5th Street, Fate and Desert Heat romance series.

Join the fun and become a royal member of TeamReyes and enjoy the perks of early announcements,cover reveals teasers, including exclusive teasers shared only the group. Along with exclusive team,giveaways,discussions, trivia, Secret Santa and much much more!

Moreno Brothers: