Start by marking “Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Eat Up and Slim Down with More Than 350 Healthy Recipes” as Want to Read:

In their debut cookbook, the Trim Healthy Mama’s share hundreds of delicious, healthy recipes to help readers successfully slim down while eating well.  This companion cookbook to the bestselling Trim Healthy Mama Plan is just what readers have been waiting for. It features simple, mouthwatering, recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner—including slow cooker and one-pot mea ...more
Published September 15th 2015 by Harmony

To ask other readers questions about Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook, please sign up.
Megan Some recipes require special ingredients but there are recipes throughout the book with are marked NSI = no special ingredients. There are some ingred…moreSome recipes require special ingredients but there are recipes throughout the book with are marked NSI = no special ingredients. There are some ingredients you might not have that can be purchased at the grocery store or even walmart which are moderately priced especially considering the high cost for most "health foods". Any specialty ingredients can be purchased online for a fair price but are not necessary to follow the trim healthy mama plan. Please get the plan book if you need more help understanding the basic premise of trim healthy mama or "google" the plan and you should find a lot of helpful info and free recipes.(less)

Start your review of Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Eat Up and Slim Down with More Than 350 Healthy Recipes
Anna's Herding Cats
Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

So. This is a first for me. I saw Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook and thought it looked great. Healthy recipes and a focus on slimming down without losing awesome recipes and taste. And it's HUGE with over 350 recipes. But, for me, that's where the good bits ended. This is the first time I'm giving a cookbook a 1 star rating. There ended up being very little about this cookbook that worked for me. It was a huge disappointment especially after seeing hundreds o
Sandra Lassiter
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
As a homeschool mom who needs to get a little healthier and lose some weight while I'm at it, I was so excited to review this cookbook. I was much more disappointed once I got into it. While there are great looking recipes, so very many call for their specialty ingredients. While there is a section in the front of substitutions, some clearly state that you're not going to get as good a result without using their special blend/ingredient. I can't afford pricey specialty items for everyday dishes, ...more
Rachael Facenda
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book,! so many great recipes, and an excellent way to eat healthy.

If you are struggling with weight, eating healthy, and want to feel better, have more energy, and begin changing old habits; then this is the book you should be reading. This plan is so sustainable and it doesn't leave out food groups. It is the real thing. Not a diet, but a change in eating habits.
Diana
More recipes recommended by friends, mostly the crock pot and freezer meals. I found some very interesting recipes to try and can't wait to see if my family enjoys them. Again I'm not really interested in the diet plan that's in this book and their first, just the recipes.
Donna Craig
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This cookbook is a companion to the Trim Healthy Mama plan book. It is very readable and contains plenty of recipes to get you going on the plan and teach you how to use some of the foods they recommend, which can be a bit odd (collagen peptides, anyone?). Honestly, my blood work has become incredibly healthy since i started this diet, and you don’t really need to use the odd stuff.
Margaret Metz
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reference
For cookbooks I prefer lots of pictures and this has that. There is a brief explanation section in the front, but you should read their book(s) about their plan to get the most out of this. I haven't made any of the recipes yet (I don't have all the ingredients for most of them) and may alter this review after I make some.

It's nearly impossible to separate this from their plan so I'm attaching my review on their plan book below:

I thought this was different, but it's just a new name on the old lo
Amanda Tero
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I may or may not have gotten this book and looked through it (page by page) the same day in which I got it. As soon as I opened the book, I smiled. There are not many times that I call a book "beautiful" but I just loved flipping through the pages of the THM Cookbook and looking at the recipes! It was very well done!

The THM Cookbook greatly compliments the THM Plan. I suppose it can be used without knowing the THM plan, but it definitely makes way more sense knowing THM. And, I imagine that rea
Hayden
Oct 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Having been familiar with the "Trim Healthy Mama" diet through friends, and whose family often receives the Above Rubies magazine, this book interested me.

I'm not always big on "healthy" food, but these dishes look good. True, some of hte ingredients have me raising a brow if they'll taste as good as they look, but for anyone with a strict diet or food allergies, I'd definitely recommend checking out this book. Some of the ingredients are things that might be a little obscure, though, and might
Jayne Slease
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Best purchase ever made.
Wren
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Pearl and Serene! They have helped me so much in my journey to get healthy....a journey that I've been struggling with for a long time! 9 weeks on this plan and I'm not only down 10 lbs, but my clothes for better and I don't feel so swollen all the time (about to bubble out of my jeans.). They love the Lord and bring it all back to Jesus. I might just be a trim healthy mama for life! Love their weekly podcasts, too. They not only help me towards better health, they encourage me to greater ...more
Rachel Indihar
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a lot of cookbooks but this one is definitely #1! I love how Serene and Pearl use super healthy, disease-fighting ingredients to make DELICIOUS meals! The shakes and coffee drinks alone are enough to make this book a worthwhile buy in my opinion. Follow their diet to get the best results from this book, but you can also make any recipe and enjoy the food without being completely "on plan" (as they call it). This is a diet a woman, child, or man of any age can stick to for the rest of thei ...more
Christine Gaudreau
The recipes are great - I would have never tried Okra but it works in the recipes and my older son who normally refuses all things veggie, ate it up without even knowing. This cookbook is geared towards those participating in the 'Trim Healthy Mama' eating plan. There are speciality blends that can be purchased to follow the recipe to a T - again it all goes to if you're doing the THM plan. I am so it works for us.
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Use this ALL the time! NEVER put it back on the shelf. It sits on my cupboards ALL the time as I refer to it often. NEVER have I been so addicted to a cook book. I've memorized some recipes and take the book on vacation! LOVE it!
Ariel Masters
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excited to give this a go!

I'll write a thorough review after following and trying a few recipes. I don't like that there's no directions as far as refrigeration or pantry and for how long.
Carolyn Campbell
Not only have I read through this book multiple times, it has quickly become a staple cookbook in my house. While other cookbooks sit on a shelf in another room, this cookbook stays on my kitchen counter and is used multiple times a week.
Jennie
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great find with healthy, fast dishes easy on your wallet.

Here are my soon-to-make this:

Sopa de Quinoa Trimmy Bisque

Garlic Parmesan Asparagus

Lemon Poppy Boost Muffins

Singing Canary Truffles
Alice
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Complicated but it works if you can keep up with all the details. Also I hate that the recipes are all separate in another book, forcing me to buy a second book.
Heather
Mar 14, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not a fan. I was looking forward to gluten and sugar free recipes, but there's a lot of odd ingredient substitutions and the book felt like it was only used to promote their product line.
Sarah Nakawatase
Radishes in the crockpot- ingenious! They taste like potatoes.
Brianna Sowinski
Meh the styling for this one was too domestic and cutesy for my taste
Bethany Baker
Awesome recipes! SO SO GOOD!
Faye
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Over the last few months I'd been pondering trying to eat healthier, cutting out unnecessary sugars and trying to gain more nutritional value from actual food. I had head about THM from many of my friends, many of whom swear by it. So when I saw this cookbook for review I knew that I had to give it a shot!

After reading through this book I became aware that the plan is not included in this book but in a second one, so this review is based off of just reading this specific book and trying some of
Michelle Hankes
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trim Healthy Mama is apparently a phenomenon. These two lovely ladies created a website filled with inspiration, health, and wellness recipes for lovely mamas (and anyone interested in eating this way). I have to say, before getting this book, I had never heard of them. Maybe vaguely. And, when I got the book, my intention was to give it to my sister who is trying to lose weight.

But, now, I'm hooked.

I had no idea this book was filled with beautiful lifestyle examples - things of which I have be
Jalynn Patterson
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:
In their debut cookbook, the Trim Healthy Mama’s share hundreds of delicious, healthy recipes to help readers successfully slim down while eating well. This companion cookbook to the bestselling Trim Healthy Mama Plan is just what readers have been waiting for. It features simple, mouthwatering, recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner—including slow cooker and one-pot meals, hearty soups and salads, omelets and waffles, pizzas, breads and more. No Trim Healthy Mama should be depri
Nadine
Nov 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was really excited when I opened the box to my Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook! It has over 350 healthy recipes inside! There is a wide variety of different types of recipes from main dishes, drinks, sides, snacks, etc. Some of these recipes seem quick and easy and others are more advanced. Now, I knew nothing about Trim Healthy Mama before getting this cookbook, so I didn’t realize they have a whole blog and brand. I just get excited about healthy recipes!

At the beginning of the book it talks abou
Martha
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook is a spin off of the popular Trim and Healthy Mama book which a lifestyle plan. Unlike many diet plans, it is one that many people can stick to without feeling like they lost their life a long with the weight.

However, this cookbook is not good just for those following the plan. This book would be good for anyone on an alternative diet plan as many of the recipes meet some of the strict food guidelines that are commonly recommended today.

I read one complaint that the book was fill
Amy
This is a really difficult cookbook for me to review, if I'm honest. There was much in this one that just didn't appeal to me but that may be that I'm new to their methodology and it felt much too intense to work for me and our family.

There were a number of ingredients that were new to me ... and 'seem' odd. Which is probably saying more about me than about the cookbook. But, it felt very healthy, froo froo - almost exclusively for something interested in the whole 'extreme' healthy eating rath
Elizabeth
I recently reviewed the Trim Healthy Mama Plan and now have the chance to review the cookbook. While I do have the 600+ page original book I do like how the separate books make this plan easier to research and follow.

What I especially enjoy about this updated cookbook is that the pages are glossy (perfect for in the kitchen!) and there are pictures, which I always love in a cookbook. Some new tried and true recipes from those on the plan have also been added to the book.

While I appreciate that
Kim Clines Myers
This book is a God send for me!!!

I think of these two wonderful women as my Food Angels! I've already started integrating coconut oil into my life, add a teaspoon of bee pollen top my coffee every morning & bought some apple fiber, beet root & Indian gooseberry powder, but never knew how to implement these into my diet. I'm getting some ideas now though! :) I've only been going for 3 weeks & have lost 6 lbs, my energy was better just after a week & I've noticed other subtle differences. I'm 43 y
Melissa
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you have the plan book, this cookbook is a must. I know it is possible to follow their plan without the cookbook, but it certainly wouldn't be easy.

The main dishes are huge and will serve a large family. I have tried many recipes and have yet to find one that my family didn't really care for. The lazy lasagna, egg roll in a bowl, balsamic chicken, and wicked white chili were all huge hits. The chocolate zucchini cake and cry no more brownies are also huge hits.

The recipes in the book do call

• Trim Healthy Mama -- No More Fads!
  • Necessary Food
  • The Complete Mediterranean Cookbook: 500 Vibrant, Kitchen-Tested Recipes for Living and Eating Well Every Day
  • The Negative Calorie Diet: Lose Up to 10 Pounds in 10 Days with 10 All You Can Eat Foods
  • The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor
  • The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom
  • The Easy Vegan Cookbook: Fast, Simple and Delicious Guilt-Free Recipes
  • The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook
  • The Backyard Homestead: Produce All the Food You Need on Just a Quarter Acre!
  • Food: What the Heck Should I Eat?
  • One-to-One Bible Reading: A Simple Guide for Every Christian
  • Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds
  • Creative Correction: Extraordinary Ideas For Everyday Discipline
  • Barefoot Contessa Family Style: Easy Ideas and Recipes That Make Everyone Feel Like Family
  • Home Education (Original Homeschooling #1)
  • Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Easy Recipes for Fast & Healthy Meals
  • Know and Tell: The Art of Narration
  • Midnight Chicken: & Other Recipes Worth Living For
Two sisters, Serene Allison and Pearl Barrett, are self -published and owners of their own publishing company. They are best selling authors for health & wellness, former Christian recording artists, mothers & entrepreneurs.