Start by marking “Driftwood Cowboy” as Want to Read:

(Driftwood Bay #1)

Can she heal from a tragedy too great to bear?

When Michelle Lancaster flees her hometown of Spirit, Louisiana to spend time at a beach retreat in Driftwood Bay, Florida, she only wants to run from the tremendous pain of a tragedy that caused her perfect life to shatter into pieces.

ebook
Published March 31st 2015 by Tule Publishing (first published March 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Driftwood Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Driftwood Cowboy

Start your review of Driftwood Cowboy
Sarah Elizabeth
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Lenora Worth, Tule Publishing and NetGalley.)

“Today was a tough day for Michelle Lancaster. One year ago today, her life had fallen apart.”

This was a clean contemporary romance about a woman dealing with grief, and a cowboy who didn’t like horses.

I felt quite sorry for Michelle in this book. What she had gone through was something that no mother should ever have to live through, and I could understa
Cynthia
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

She ran to Florida to find herself again. After the loss of his child a d her divorce things just seemed to overwhelm her. Brodie is a driftwood artist, boat captain and dealing with things from his past. They meet when she almost runs over him with her horse. Can they help each other.
Suzy Baba (readaholicmom)
3.5⭐'s
Two broken souls somehow find comfort and love within each other at a time where they were trying to shutout the world. Their past will always haunt them unless they can face it straight on.
Jonel
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
This is a nice quick read, but not necessarily a light one. Worth evokes a gamut of emotions in her readers throughout. It is a sweet story that really makes you value the good things. This novella is about so much more than simply a romance between two individuals, it’s about life. Worth’s well written, yet quiet writing style lets this shine through.

Worth develops her characters in a way that makes you feel like you really know them. The trials & pain that they’ve been through make you really
Judy
This was a very deep story for a novella. Personally, I wouldn't even classify it as such, even though it is only 160 pages long. There is much more story packed into those few pages.

The story actually starts from Brodie's point of view. Brodie is walking through the water's edge when he sees this beautiful woman and horse coming directly at him. He realizes the woman doesn't see him until it's almost to late. The story continues with much more of it being through Brodie's eyes. Michelle is a m
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Michelle, is broken and what appears to be on the run from something. Brodie, has been running his whole life he was and has been completely broken and when he sees Michelle he realizes he is ready to take on the task. the only thing is Michelle needs to heal and has no intention of letting anyone or anything close again. When tragedy strikes it seems that its finally time to let everything out, for both Brodie and Michelle.
I have to say this book is amazing for once not just another story bui
Rachael Mcdonald
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Brodie has found a new calling for himself living in the sunny beach town, sculpting unique items from driftwood. Giving a new beautiful purpose to something that otters would only see as washed up and without use. There isn't much difference between how most people view drift wood and what most people thought of Brodie. Working hard to turn his life around and focus on the positive in himself Brodie has finally come to terms with his relationship (or lack there of) with his father. The last thi ...more
Christine
Mar 27, 2015 rated it liked it
The story is a light and quick read. The book could have been much deeper but that direction was not taken. Michelle looses her family and escapes to Driftwood, FL to get away. She meets Brodie who she didn't want to meet and spends time with him, though she didn't really want to. Brodie wants to get to know Michelle but is torn because of his past. Can they work together to get through their pasts?

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Jessica
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

What a sweet story. Both Brodie & Michelle have some major healing to do. They've had events in their pasts that bring them together and then tie them together through mutual understanding, compassion and a deep undercurrent of affection for one another. All the way through, they helped each other heal from their various hurts and once they came together, it was a perfect happily ever after.
Paula Pugh
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story about two lost souls, Michelle Lancaster and Brody Stevens, who find each other and build love through growing trust in each other. The characters are well written and the story is so believable that you will want to read it again.
Carol
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Driftwood Cowboy

Michelle and Brodie are both in Driftwood, FL, one living there one visiting. They've seen each other but she is trying to be left alone in her grief and he'd like to know her better. Can they both get what they think they want or can the become friends and maybe more?
Alisha Grant
Are you gonna drink that or make it levitate?" Sam asked - #bookquote - this made me laugh n smile - moment of lightness about characters with deep sadness due to life events that are their reason for taking refuge in driftwood bay. Loved this couples chemistry, connectedness, retreating and integration of their friends and family. Ready to read book 2. ...more
Mandi Morgan
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the beginning, I liked the middle. But the ending seemed a little rushed. I like how the two broken souls are broken in ways that the other can fix and in do so are fixed themselves. Overall good story.
Rita C
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I didn't care for the protagonists at first, but they grew on me as the story progressed. As they got to know each other, I got to know them. It starts of oddly disjointed, but it smooths out as it goes. ...more
Black Butterfly
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHAT A HAPPY & SAD STORY, REALLY BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN AND I LOVED THE CHARACTERS. THIS BOOK HAS BEEN ON MY BOOK SHELF FOR QUITE SOME TIME I HAD FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT IT. I’M KINDA GLAD I DID, I REALLY NEEDED A GOOD SOLID READ ABOUT NOW, THIS WAS RIGHT ON TIME. ;D
April kaup
This story was a great story I want more

The story just pulls you in , then bang it is over to quick. Where is the rest of the story.😀
Mandy Menasco
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read
Patricia Henry
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Southern comfort

Two folks hurting from past mistakes and relatives find each other in Florida. A good read, part of a series.
Monique E. Lacroix
Very nice

Of course I read the last of the sequel first but that doesn't matter. A nice relaxing book with some drama but no sex or violence.
Lauren
Jul 30, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2019-reads
Yawn... Boring!
Bridget
Jan 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Short and sweet. Great story and well written. I love the characters personalities. I will read the next 2 books.
Victoria
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Emma
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Driftwood Cowboy by Lenora Worth
Driftwood Bay, Book 1
Can she heal from a tragedy too great to bear?

But on the day when the memories become too much, a man steps into her path on the beach and causes her beloved horse Coco to almost throw her. Not to mention this
Jen
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Check out my complete review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ebook was provided by Tule Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Driftwood Cowboy is the first book in the Driftwood Bay series by bestselling author Lenora Worth. This was a beautifully written story of redemption and forgiveness, something that both the lead characters are searching for. Michelle and Brodie both have pasts that are shadowing them relentlessly, and while Michelle is trying to forgive her
BookSnuggle
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Yes
Shelves: romance
"Driftwood Cowboy" by Lenora Worth is book one in the "Driftwood Bay" series. This is Michelle Lancaster and Brodie Stevens' story.

Michelle and Brodie both have had tragedies in their life. Michelle is in Driftwood Bay hiding out there and wants to just be left alone. Brodie has found a way to exist, but he is not really living. They both are still letting the tragedies keep them from really living life. They are just in a holding pattern.

When Michelle and Brodie meet there is something between
Monica Cullip
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it

Driftwood Cowboy

This story was gifted to me in exchange for an honest review by Net Galley.

Michelle Lancaster has run away from the life she once knew in order to escape. Something tragic is in her past and she needs some time to heal. She has chosen Driftwood Bay as a place for this healing.
Brodie Stevens has a lot of baggage in his past as well, things that he is also trying to forget, he has been running emotionally for a long time but physically he has made Driftwood Bay his home for awhile.
Heidi
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book via netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion and a review.

Michelle Lancaster has been through an awful lot and is know at the very end of her rope. How can she ever forgive herself, Will her life ever be normal again? Then one day she decides to go riding in to the ocean on her horse Coco and saw him, Mr Brodie Stevens.

Brodie he has his own history as well as his own dark secrets, but he has a yearning for Michelle, he just wants to keep but in each others sigh
Elaine
WOW! This story is amazing. It concerns Michelle Lancaster aka Louisiana, trying to recover from the horrendous pain of tragic events in her life by having time alone in Driftwood Bay, Florida. She’s there alone, apart from her much loved horse, Coco, which she rides along the beach. One day she’s riding when her tears prevent her seeing local driftwood artist Brodie Stevens so Coco almost throws her when trying to avoid running into him. She’s actually seen him around but has been trying to avo ...more
Book Gannet
I wasn’t sure whether I’d like this book at first. The first few meetings between Michelle and Brodie are kind of confusing, with a lot of things going unsaid and apparently a whole bunch of subtext that the two of them pick up on that left me simply floundering. I wasn’t particularly enamoured of the way Brodie almost stalks Michelle while she’s telling him to go away. Until she stops, for no apparent reason, and the two connect.

Yeah. Hmm. However, it’s worth persevering, because once the openi
Sue
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
In Driftwood Cowboy by Lenora Worth, Michelle is a powerful heroine whose pain I could feel. Lenora really managed to make me feel connected to Michelle and wonder how anyone could get over what she's been through. She can't forgive herself, she can't move on. Michelle has lived through every a nightmare no one wants to. She feels, but she doesn't know if she can ever be happy again.

In Driftwood Bay she meets Brody. Brody is a strong hero who has his own hauntings. As soon as he sees Michelle he
« previous 1 3 next »

• Adam (Riding Hard, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Temptation (Amalfi Night Billionaires #1)
  • The Montana Bride (Marvells of Montana, #1)
  • Marrying His Best Friend (The McKinnon Brothers, #3)
  • Dirty Talk
  • Flames of Love (Firefighters of Long Valley, #1)
  • Escort
  • Loving Ashe (Celebrity Series, #1)
  • A Time to Give (About the Baby #1)
  • V-Card (Sharing Spaces, #1)
  • The Chocolate Garden (Dare River, #2)
  • Country Heaven (Dare River, #1)
  • True Colors (The Magic Jukebox, #2)
  • Captured (The Captive, #1)
  • Fighting Envy
  • Straight Up Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #2)
  • Wicked Beautiful (Wicked Games, #1)
  • Dirty, Reckless Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #3)
Lenora Worth has written 75 books for three different publishers. She reached a milestone when she received her 50th book pin from Harlequin. Her books have won both regional and national awards and she now has millions of books in print and is a NY Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestselling author. Currently she is writing both Love Inspired and Love Inspired Suspense and Tule Publishing. ...more

Driftwood Bay (3 books)
  • The Southern Hero (Driftwood Bay Book 2)
  • The Southern Bride (Driftwood Bay, #3)

News & Interviews