Start by marking “Relentless Flame (Hell to Pay, #2)” as Want to Read:
Relentless Flame (Hell to Pay, #2)

Relentless Flame

(Hell to Pay #2)

Immortal. Colossal. Suave. Indebted killer Dante Blackstone has the world at his feet. Every vice, any desire, is his for the asking—until he finds the one person he cannot have: one sweet, diminutive woman who could bring about Dante’s destruction.

Despite her supernatural ability to heal others, a devastating act of evil has left Hannah Miller broken in body and spirit.
Published May 4th 2015 by Crimson Romance

To ask other readers questions about Relentless Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relentless Flame

Start your review of Relentless Flame (Hell to Pay, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Relentless Flame is book two in the Hell To Pay series by Jillian David. This series is just so fantastic. I love this world of the indebted. If you haven’t read the first book, Immortal Flame, you will still enjoy this book but it would make so much more sense and you will understand the relationships with the secondary characters a lot better if you have read it.

String 'em Up Syndrome | Lita Burke

We first met Dante Blackstone in the first book as Peter’s friend. He helped to save Allie’s life. He also killed Ray. Ray’s dying wi
Dianne
Dante is sin personified, from his massive Adonis bulk to his mesmerizing face and eyes. He turns women into gushing fangirls, collecting panties and phone numbers the way others collect baseball cards. He is also immortal, paying off a debt to the devil who owns his soul in return for an answered plea long ago ad he is on a mission to feed evil. Dante NEVER gets involved with anyone, too much pain, too much chance for loss, but he is always up for a few fun and games moments, but even that can ...more
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Relentless Flame
Author – Jillian David
Publication Date – May 4, 2015
Genre –Paranormal Romance
Type – Companion Series
Cliffhanger – No
Rating – 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary copy generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
A few months ago, I had the pleasure of Ms. David contacting me to read the first book in this series and I immediately fell in love with her characters! After finishing that book, I couldn’t wait for this one because I nee
Liz F
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked Hannah, the heroine. She’s had a tough life, but I really enjoyed her pluck and her determination to keep going. She gets up, goes to work, worries about bills, eats something, goes to bed, and starts all over again. I don’t have it anywhere near as bad as Hannah had it, but I felt like the cycle she was in was very relatable. I liked how Hannah’s past was very slowly revealed. She went through the wringer...

Read the full review on Kindles & Wine HERE

Rating: A- (4.5 stars)

Note: Re
Jonel
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo
David spins the tale of good vs evil in an entirely new light with this one. Suspense and plot twists combine with a heated romance in this novel where the pace never lets up. David created a world so seamless that you can easily picture each and every aspect of it, at the same time she doesn’t hamper your imagination.

David’s writing style lets you get up close and personal with her characters. Dante’s overly confident yet still droolworthy nature contrasts with and sparks off of Hannah’s much
Ruby Jo
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-august-2016
*Disclaimer: Review copy provided via Reading Alley in exchange for an honest review.

There are books in series that are good, and then there are books that kind of set the bar for the next installments in the series. Relentless Flame is that book for the Hell to Pay series.

First of all, let me tell you that th
Netanella
Heart-warming, Fun and Unique Paranormal

"Relentless Flame" is the second book in Jillian David's Hell to Pay series, and this second offering is just as good as the first, if not slightly better. Although this book can be read as a stand alone, I always prefer to read series books in order, for greater enjoyment.

Dante Blackstone is an Indebted. That is, about 300-odd years ago, he sold his soul to the Devil and now has become an immortal assassin, a hit man for Satan, if you will. Each kill he
Geneva Handleman
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Awesome. Simply awesome. The world Jillian David has created is interesting, while being completely relatable. The issues that are faced are real, things we see in the news and in our own lives every day. The fantasy here is the hero that steps in with superhuman powers that I am certain we have all wished for before!

The sex is hot and steamy while not being gratuitous or overbearing. It's a great story without the sex, that just makes it all the better!! I love the characters she has created,
Stace
Nov 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Enjoying this original fairly well written series!!
Lydia
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It keeps getting better!

“I don’t want anyone else. I’ll never want anyone else. It’s only been you from the moment we met.” – Hannah Miller

When an author you've just discovered does an amazing job from the first book you've read from them, it only stands to reason that you expect them to keep up the good work. It's only a straight path up ahead or... well... a downhill spiral. In other words, the next book will be equally good, or worse.

But here Dante comes, ready to kick that kind of expectati
Shirley Cooksley
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**ARC received for an honest review**

This is the second book from a new author to the paranormal genre, and what a book it is. It has a very unique storyline, sensual; with believable characters that shows what pure love can do to change a person and to give them the life they deserve.

I had to keep reading this book until I reached the end as I had to find out how the main characters Dante and Hannah’s tentative attraction for each other was going to pan out. Hoping it would grow and save the b
Ottilee B.
Recommend? Yep!

Overall I liked this book but I had a few issues.

Let me start with the plot. Great! I eagerly awaited my request to read this book. The author is well-versed in the sensuality needed-- but Dante is NOT. I feel he needs Charm School and he finally realizes this. He is stalking Jessica/Hannah at her place of work and though he realizes it, he does little about it! He knows she is damaged before they meet, yet seems incapable of toning down the machismo until she tells him her story.
Carmen Pacheco
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dante's an irresistible, supernatural hit man. It's effortless to relieve his baser needs as women are plentiful. When he meets Hannah, however, a dawning emotion overtakes him:

What would it be like to have a woman want him without his magnetism? Notice the nuances of his character? Not care about who or what he was? Fill the hollowness that these brief interludes never quite satisfied? Perhaps a good woman could retrieve the humanity that had been driven from his soul.

If you recall Dante fro
Liana Smith Bautista | Will Read for Feels
* Actual rating: 3.5 stars
* Originally published on book blog WillReadforFeels.com
* I received this book for free from Crimson Romance in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I love me some fanged hotties, but sometimes you just have to give the vampires and the shifters a rest. So I was definitely interested in Jillian David’s novel Relentless Flame, which is part of a series featuring immortal warrior beings who, rather than nee
Julie
Wow !!! Relentless Flame by Jillian David was a great second book in her Hell to Pay series.

You don’t need to read the first book, but a few of the previous characters are in this book. So it helps to have a little background. I was extremely lucky to read the first book, and liked Dante straight away, cold killer, but loyal to a fault, oh and a total hound dog !!!!

He’s in a little town searching for someone, as he has a message to deliver. Dante is an indebted …. An immortal assassin, chained
Armenia
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Relentless Flame

Relentless Flame is the second book in the Hell To Pay series. As I did not read the first book, I didn’t feel I missed anything, so Relentless Flame can be read as a standalone. There is an appearance by Peter, Allie, and Barnaby from the first book, and an introduction of Ruth, described as an efficient, mercenary “Nurse Ratchet” who takes care of Barnaby.

Dante Blackstone is a 320 year old Indebted. An assassin for Satan. He sold his soul to the devil to save his brother from d
Romance Between The Sheets
I was given a copy of this by the Author.

Firstly can I say I adored Hannah, what a strong character and she was exactly who I pictured for Dante to fall in love with and want. Her gift and how it impacted on her life, her brother and also Dante was interesting, exciting and caring - she certainly owned this story to me and was the shining light. The whole story of the indebted I easily understand and actually find exciting and different to other paranormal reads.

I wanted to love Relentless Flame
Sara
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
A Minute Review:

3.5 Stars:
“My name’s Dante.”

“Hi, Dante.”

Her hands remained at her side. He groaned. But all was not lost. Time to go to the next level of seduction. He puffed out his massive pectoral muscles and gave her his best rakish grin. This maneuver always succeeded.

“And your name is?” He leaned forward, undoubtedly impressing her with his overwhelming masculinity.

“Not interested.”
This quote pretty much sums up the bulk of Dante’s personality, and it was hilarious to read.
Vyrissi
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
A pleasure to read

Although the second in the series, Relentless Flame can definitely stand on its own. That is how I read this title and I didn't really feel that anything was unexplained, having said that, I do plan to go back an read the first book -- but just because it was so good I want to stay in that world just a little longer.

I hesitate to call Dante a 'hero' because he has done some truly evil things in service to the devil, but he is sarcastic, arrogant and absolutely hilarious in his
Janie Weimer
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kind of expected the same thing as book #1. Nope. Then I thought that Dante would be a jerk and I wouldn't like him. Double nope. After Dante tried his flirting on an emotionally-wounded Hannah, and she puts him in his place, he straightened up --- kind of. He's still got that naughtiness from the first book, but he's much more focused and that gave him ridiculous levels of sexiness. Tight writing, fast pace. The story is heart wrenching and gut wrenching at the same time, and I can't believe I ...more
Suzanne Sotzing
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! The writing is well done and flows so smoothly that page after page just fly by. I did not read the first book in this series, but still felt like I didn't miss anything and situations were well explained. The concept of the Indebted...as contract killers to the devil...was really original and I look forward to exploring the rest of the series. ...more
Nola
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-from-author
I received this book free from the author in exchange for a review. I loved this book and would love to read the first book and the following books. This is a love story between a indebted and a mortal, or is she? I would definitely recommend this to anyone who loves a good love story!
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

The second in a series of stand alones about the Indebted, it’s Dante’s turn to find his Meaningful Kill.

Read full review in the 2015 October issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Linsey
Hannah Dean
Nov 14, 2016
SarahMiller
Jun 26, 2016
Award-winning author Jillian David lives near the end of the Earth with her nut of a husband and her bossy cats. To escape the sometimes-stressful world of the rural physician, she edits while on call and writes books in her free time. She enjoys taking realistic settings and adding a twist of “what if.” Running or hiking on local trails often promotes plot development.

Follow Jillian on BookBub fo

Hell to Pay (3 books)
  • Immortal Flame (Hell to Pay #1)
  • Flame Unleashed (Hell to Pay, #3)