Start by marking “Dragons” as Want to Read:
Dragons

Dragons

A chance encounter in a hospital waiting room between twenty-two year old Will Messina and sixteen year old Josiah Pinkerton ends with a gift of a stuffed dragon off the hospital gift cart and a memory neither of them can shake.

Five years later, when a lonely, buttoned-up Will ventures into a gay club, he spots a pale, leather-clad specter with violet eyes tracking his
ebook, First Edition, 42 pages
Published April 15th 2015 by Evernight Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dragons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragons

Start your review of Dragons
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2016
O my gosh. Love at first sight.
Awesome sweet and sometimes heartbreaking story.
Joey and Will
When their eyes met they both felt it. Joey just 16 with ink-black hair and big, dark eyes set into the palest, most porcelain skin. Will thought he was striking.
Will gives him a purple dragon.
Will was working in his free time at the hospital were Joey would have a cancer treatment.
Joey has a very low self esteem. He almost want to disappear.
After five years they meet again at a gay bar. Will sees the
Macky
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and satisfying describes Dragons perfectly. Not the longest read; this gentle, emotionally affecting little tale packed a lot of heart and soul. Not every short story delivers on that front but this one actually brought tears to my eyes at more than one instance, and in a forty five page book I reckon that shows a true skill for not only good writing, but being able to tell a well-rounded story.

This is the second book by Jaycee I've read and loved. She has a way of connecting you to
Bev

What a beautiful little story this was Jaycee, full of heart in it's 40 odd pages. You'll run the gamut with this one, there were tears, smiles and a big grin at the end. 4 stars from me.
Helena Stone
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, fiction, short-story
I don’t usually mention the cover of a book when I write my thoughts on the story down. In general, I’m not much of a cover girl and I guess I’m even less so now that I get most of my books in e-format. Dragons, however, is the exception that proves the rule. Not only is this one of the most gorgeous covers I’ve ever seen, it is also the perfect cover for this book. The young man on the left is exactly – and I mean exactly – how I imagined Joey. The cover artist, Jay Aheer, did the most amazing ...more
Lisa
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderfully warm sweet treat wrapped up in a 40 page short story.

Joey and Will originally meet under unusual circumstances and it's only a few pages in and I'm smitten by them both, chuck in the stuffed dragon and I'm a goner! They meet up again, by chance, 5 years later and the impression they had initially made on each other has not dimmed over time. As men in their early and mid 20's , it was truly a joy to see the confident Will engage Joey with words and touch and warmth and
Cheryl
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, awsome-chemistry
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

I absolutely loved this story and the only complaint I have is that it ended.

The is about Will and Joey who initially meet in the hospital, where Will volunteers and Joey is a patient. I was gripped from the start. The subject matter is sad but is in no way depressing and the way the connection between the two MC's is written is spot on. Their first meeting occurs when Joey is 16 and Will 21 and although they only meet twice briefly, they both feel
Yolanda
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this ebook in exchange for an honest review.

Jaycee Edward's Dragons is a short and sweet story. Joey and Will first meet while Joey is receiving chemotherapy. They see each other twice during his treatment; however, Will has a lasting impact on Joey. Fast forward five years and Joey is still suffering emotionally from his bout with cancer. Once again Will becomes Joey's inadvertent savior.

The relationship between Will and Joey moves pretty fast but it is still believable. If
Otterpuss
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful little gem of a story!
I was engaged from the very beginning and for a very short novella there is such a lot packed in.
I would absolutely love to read more about these two.

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.
Serena Yates
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, read-2015
Dragons and fairy tales go well together, but this story shows they can also play a role in very “normal” lives. Having said that, nothing about Joey and Will’s lives is normal, and especially not when they first meet. But that is the charm if this story: it all seems very bleak until a small ray of hope appears in the form of a stuffed dragon given to Joey when Will wants to cheer him up on the day they meet. And while they don’t see each other for five years, it is that small seed of hope that ...more
Kendra T
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book for free in exchange for a fair and honest review

For a short story, this sure packed a big punch! There was so much story for so few pages. It wasn't that there was a huge, tremendously big story to tell, but I wasn't left wondering about so many things that often happens when I read a short story.

We meet Joey and Will, and understand the connection between them with just a few pages. It was written so well. I was grateful that the story didn't immediately jump to
Rachel
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book sure packs a punch for a short read. But saying it was a short read seems wrong as it seemed to last a lot longer than it did.
So much emotion, angst, hope, sadness and love were packed into these 45 pages.
It all starts with a chance meeting in a hospital waiting area and a stuffed Dragon. Then five years later another chance meeting between them happens. And the Dragon in pride of place.
Joey due to what has happened in his young life feels that he is damaged and almost like he is not
Adam S.
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Joey and Will were so cute. This book was short but extremely sweet. Their first encounter is in a hospital and when they meet again five years later Joey thinks he's too damaged for Will. I loved seeing this couple come together. They were a perfect match. I only wished I could have read more of their story.

This book was provided by the author via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review.
Deanna
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it
I love the storyline of the book, but I wish it was a full length novel. I was just getting to know the characters and it was over.

The story was great, as was the writing style. I really enjoyed it but a full length novel would have been able to answer some lingering questions I have.

I would definitely recommend this book to friends. Great quick read.
Love Bytes Reviews
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 heart review by Amber

Crazily enough, I thought this was going to be about dragon shifters. And I’m not saying it’s NOT about shifters because I don’t want to spoil anything for anybody. I actually loved how “dragons” played into this very sweet short story. This is an instalove story; it seems right when they see each other there is something more. It’s hard for Will because he knows Joey is only 16 but they both feel the something more.

Josiah Pinkerton is beyond awkward. Not only that, he’s
Stacey Jo
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it

Twenty-two year old Will Messina first meets sixteen year old Josiah Pinkerton, or Joey, as he calls him, in the radiation department waiting room where Will volunteers while finishing college. Will is immediately taken in by the cute but shy Joey and gives him a purple stuffed dragon from the gift cart. Will doesn’t know it, but Josiah actually looks forward to going to the hospital now just
K
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I can’t imagine the struggles that a young man, barely 16, would have to endure living his teenage years in and out of a hospital. He feels like everyone looking at him - sees a freak. He’s overshadowed by a protective mother who wants to keep up appearances to the outside looking in. He’s taken back when a good-looking, somewhat older and vibrant young man takes notice of him.

Being a hospital volunteer brings Will a lot of joy. When he introduces himself to Joey he never would have guessed he
Milica
Apr 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Up until the last chapter of this book,this short story was a 5 stars read for me...

For story this short,Dragons really packed some serious emotions.
Joey's pain and vulnerability were so realistically (if not realisticaly,than in a way that really touched me) written,that I wanted to hug him the whole time,and just take him someplace where all is well,and nobody is going to hurt him...But,luckily he had Will for that. Will's determination managed to completely break and heal Joey in the same
Lucy
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Josiah Pinkerton is terrified in the hospital waiting room when volunteer Will Messina sees the fear and impulsively presents him with a stuffed dragon. Years later in a gay club Will sees that younger boy he never forgot, but now he’s grown up and he’s not so innocent.

This short story is high on emotion. Josiah hasn’t had a lot of luck, from the cancer to his family’s reaction to his sexuality to his present place. He doesn’t pity himself, though, and that shows through. When he and Will come
Brigham Vaughn
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From Will and Josiah’s very first meeting to their chance encounter five years later “Dragons” is a very sweet yet substantial story. Sometimes sweetness implies a lack of depth, but Jaycee always seems to know how to tug at the heart-strings and create full, fleshed-out characters. She consistently gives those characters an emotional, layered depth in a relatively short period of time. She made me want to scoop up Joey and hug him. He’s been through so much.

I am a fan of short stories, so you
JJ
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
My rating 3.5. Dragons is a story about two boys, William and Josiah, who meet in a hospital wing and end up reconnecting five years later. Though there are plenty of sparks flying and they both are crazy about each other, Josiah is insecure about losing one testicle due to his bout with cancer. He thinks William will reject him, but when Josiah realizes that it's not the case, they come together as a couple.

I really was in love with this story. The romance was touching, and I was so engrossed
Melyna
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5/5.0

I admit the title of the book grabbed my attention. Not knowing what it was about except it was a short story and had something to do with dragons,and someone I know had recommended it, I bought it.

The books centers on Josiah and Will. When they meet - Josiah is sixteen and undergoing treatment for cancer. Will is a volunteer at the hospital and has noticed this young man sitting in the waiting area on the Saturdays that he volunteers. One day they have a chance to talk and Will gives
Suzanne Ellis
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book for my unbaised review.
AHH!
What a simply wonderful book! Yes, it was a short story but it held so much emotion in those few pages! Will and Josiah "Joey" were both simply irresistible and I fell in love with them immediately.
My heart went out to then 15-year-old Josiah, who was at the hospital for cancer treatments when 21-year-old Will ran across himm. I loved the double meaning of the pruple dragon that Will gave Josiah. It was something to hold tight to as he
Alisa
This was a nice, sweet, short story about 22 year old Will who is volunteering in a hospital. One day he comes across Josiah who is a teen waiting for chemo. The two have a brief but meaningful interaction but then don't see each other again for year. Another random meeting happens when they are adults and a relationship developes.

The story was well written and the characters developed nicely. Because of the length of the story the relationship moved along a little too quickly to be believable
Kattz
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given this book for an honest review. This is a short story but filled with so much emotion. Joey and Will meet at the beginning at the hospital that he volunteer's at and then they see each other at a bar 5 years later. The author doesn't go to much into the characters back grounds but I don't feel it is really necessary to get her point a crossed. She still pulls off the highs and lows of there time together. There is no violence in this story. The sexual content is not graphic but more ...more
~SexyBookWorm~
This was a little too short for me. And the Dragon title/theme felt off. There was also some stuff left unsaid like why Joey is so freaking weird. He lives thru a terminal illness and he spends the test of his life like a hermit weirdo. . why? ! Why is he all weird abt his mother? Like why is he so freaking poor? Why does he have sex with random guys but freaks out abt having sex with will? like there's a lot in here that just got thrown to the wayside. I don't believe it was a complete story.
Izzy
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5*

A gentle, confidently written short story. The characters are interesting and adorable in equal measure. The short format restrains authors from using the ‘misunderstandings in every dialogue’ to create angst, and Jaycee Edward shows that the reader can empathise with characters and feel their pain without it being spoon fed to them. This is a lovely, absorbing bedtime read. I think we all need a ‘Will’ and a purple dragon.
Diverse
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a super sweet short read. I normally shy away from novellas and shorts because I'm always left wanting more. I DID want more but I was perfectly satisfied with this. Such a clever idea for a story and now I want a stuffed dragon LOL. Cover lust too BTW!!! Jaycee Edward has become a really relaxing and enjoyable author and I look forward to more of her work.
Leigh
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute and sweet little story
Zane Kage
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5
Riina Y.T.
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actually I loved this shortie. It's a bummer that it really is only a short story, because I would pay double to read about these two charming guys some more.
Jaycee Edward is no longer seventeen years old but don’t tell her that. She’s actually a tad older and lives in northeast Ohio with her handsome husband and one, big gorgeous dog. She has two grown stepdaughters and is proud to be the ultra-cool Nana to two amazingly incredible grand-teens. Jaycee loves pistol shooting and is has earned her Bar 7 Sharpshooter status in the Winchester/NRA ...more