Start by marking “Perfectly Broken: A Memoir of Rape and Redemption” as Want to Read:
Perfectly Broken: A Memoir of Rape and Redemption

Perfectly Broken: A Memoir of Rape and Redemption

4.67  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews

Perfectly Broken is a riveting story of my life after my rape. Fear and rage were my closest companions, and I teeter-tottered between the two. Even with my rapist in prison and awaiting the trial, I couldn’t come to grips with my life as a victim.
Spiraling out of control, knowing this was more than I could handle, I handed my situation over to God. I found peace in the s

Published January 8th 2015 by WestBow Press (first published December 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Perfectly Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfectly Broken

Sarah Whitehurst
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be far more interesting than I thought at first. The author really takes you into the emotional depths she experienced after being raped. She went into many details about other life experiences and how she overcame hardships and found religion. While I'm not a religious person her journey was heartwarming and I was really happy for the way it turned out for her. My favorite part was her journey to Spain!
Rebecca Ray
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Sometimes horrible things happen to us, and we don’t know how to deal with them. We don’t know where to go, who to turn to or what truths to grab hold of. One way or another, for good or for ill, these events alter the complete shape of our lives. That’s what happened to Amber Mauldin, the author of Perfectly Broken: A Memoir of Rape and Redemption. On October 9, 1998, she was attacked and violated in a horrible way, and this event changed the entire shape of her life.

In her healing, and in her
Erin