Start by marking “Use Both Sides of Your Brain” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Use Both Sides of Your...

Tony Buzan

Use Both Sides of Your Brain

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  288 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Using the latest research on the workings of the human brain, Tony Buzan, one of the world's leading authorities on learning techniques, provides step-by-step exercises for discovering the powers of the right side of the brain and learning to use the left side more effectively. By increasing our understanding of how the mind works, he teaches us:

How to read faster and m
Published April 27th 1983 by Plume (first published September 20th 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Use Both Sides of Your Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Use Both Sides of Your Brain

Kristina
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Mind Mapping and study techniques. I wish I had read this book during high school.
Viraj
Dec 29, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who want to learn about how to use the brain more / better and utilize potential one has
Shelves: self-help
Overall: The book tries successfully to prove the points it is trying to make by giving examples and making the reader take exercises before introducing a technique and on the same / similar example/exercise after showing the technique. The techniques introduced work well. The MindMap technique, if applied, should help one remember more stuff for longer time. The speed reading technique also should help. However, the practice is necessary to get the full use of the book. The technique to review ...more
Serena
Mar 01, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book by a student and I found it disappointing. It had some interesting theories on memory, which I already knew about from Derren Brown's book, which also updated them and made them more interesting to me.
What I really disliked about this book is the generalising of learning techniques, which I think are different for every person, and the explanations behind trying to read quickly. I stick with the opinion that if you really want to enjoy a book you have to take your time to r
Larry
May 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great introduction to Tony Buzan and his techniques. From this book of introductions I am getting other books to find out more about specific topics.

The Mind Map Book and Speed Reading are the two books I have purchased based on reading this.
Stella
Feb 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible book on learning and how the mind works. I've found the exercises incredibly beneficial to reading faster, acquiring and maintaining knowledge and making learning an adventure. A true value for any human that wants to use their brain more effectively.
Michael
Oct 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome and practical. Great for young teenagers. It has helped me to be a better student. The thoughts on memory are particularly insightful. I have tried to implement its principles throughout high school and college and feel like they have been very helpful.
Carl
Feb 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: success leaves clues
Shelves: psych-sociology
Old book. But briliant. About how to harness your god given talent for relating ideas. Lays out how to remember everything from names to ideas.

B/B = BUY DEFINITELY
Ryan
Jun 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good overview of Buzan, pretty high level. Introduces mind maps, number rhyme memory system, education hasn't been a good fit for kids brains, methods for studying and learning, when to review
Frank Pentimone
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This should be a book kids have to read in the beginning of the school year
Jason Chiang
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really interesting read. Although I don't use the techniques literally, the book has influenced me to change how I structure my note taking and how I process information.
Harishrajsss
Feb 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
gud,memory map techniques gives best solution to memorize problems
Kristen
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was not as good as I hoped it would be. I was hoping for step-by-step instructions on mind mapping. It was a VERY dry read.
Bruce Gumbert
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
very good book on mind mapping
Steven
Sep 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Loved the advice it gave. Especially liked the advice it gave on reading. It's advice on mind mapping was a bit confusing, but if reviewed makes sense.
Brendan Hall
Interesting look at how the brain operates.
Joseph
Jun 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this very helpful.
Jake
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe your brain has to be in the right place for this sort of thing.
Jim George
The principals are strong, I'm still having problems just using one side.
Karthik
Jun 20, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gives some of the best ways to use your whole brain and mind mapping techniques.
Koizora
  • Mind Set!: Reset Your Thinking and See the Future
  • Change the Way You See Everything through Asset-Based Thinking
  • Girlfriends: Invisible Bonds, Enduring Ties
  • de Bono's Thinking Course
  • Visual Leaders: New Tools for Visioning, Management, and Organization Change: New Tools for Visioning, Management, and Organizational Change
  • How You Stand, How You Move, How You Live: Learning the Alexander Technique to Explore Your Mind-Body Connection and Achieve Self-Mastery
  • Power Reading: The Best, Fastest, Easiest, Most Effective Course on Speedreading and Comprehension Ever Developed: The Fastest, Best, Easiest Course on Speedreading and Comprehension Ever Developed!
  • Paradigms: The Business of Discovering the Future
  • Peak Learning: How to Create Your Own Lifelong Education Program for Personal Enlightenment and Professional Success
  • A Whack on the Side of the Head: How You Can Be More Creative
  • Mind Performance Hacks: Tips & Tools for Overclocking Your Brain
  • Open Your Mind to Prosperity
  • The Evelyn Wood Seven-Day Speed Reading and Learning Program
  • Organizing Genius: The Secrets of Creative Collaboration
Tony Buzan is an author and educational consultant. He is a proponent of the techniques of Mind Mapping and mental literacy. He has worked with: corporate entities and businesses all over the world; academics; Olympic athletes; children of all ages; governments; and high profile individuals, in teaching them how to maximize the use of their brain power.

Buzan was born in London, is an alumnus of Ki