Start by marking “Raven Brought the Light” as Want to Read:
Raven Brought the Light

Raven Brought the Light (The Celtic Knot Series)

Love is eternal, crossing time spans.
To escape recent betrayal and loss, Irish archaeology student, Bríd Ní Laoghaire seizes the chance to be a last minute replacement on a dig in a remote Chinese desert and discovers a dangerous secret that links her to an ancient past.
An Alaskan Tlingit Indian, John Sheldon, leads the team, and their incredible discoveries arouse hostili
ebook
Published April 2nd 2015 by Smashwords Edition (first published March 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Raven Brought the Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raven Brought the Light

Jean Gill
Apr 03, 2015 Jean Gill rated it it was amazing
Romance, archeology in China and a dram of Celtic history

The opening drew me straight in – I loved the modern day relationships and archeological adventure story. As well as exploring a controversial line in genetic links through history, this is an entertaining and satisfying romance with a hint of Indiana-Jones style and depth to characters. As always in her work, Kristin Gleeson portrays day to day life in ancient times as if she lived then. It doesn't feel like research; it feels real.

Suspe
Billy Buttons
Jun 12, 2016 Billy Buttons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:

Title: Raven Brought to Light
Style: 9/10
Content: 9/10
Cover: 10/10
Of the 20 readers:
17 would read another book by this author.
20 thought the cover was good or excellent.
20 felt the blurb was enticing.
20 felt the author’s no. 1 skill was balancing historical/cultural knowledge with a strong plot.
3 felt it was a little slow in p
Claire Stibbe
May 16, 2015 Claire Stibbe rated it it was amazing
Raven Brought the Light is one of those unusual books that not only unites two cultures, but one that unites two souls. Bríd Ní Laoghaire is not just a pretty face, she’s a PhD researching ancient Irish migration patterns. And she’s got a great voice. When she meets the taciturn Dr. Sheldon who is obsessed with old Tlingit myths, there is a rugged tension here that I enjoyed. Not only is it realistic, it’s thoroughly entertaining.

Since the dig is in a politically sensitive area with its proximi
Karen Charlton
Apr 03, 2015 Karen Charlton rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed ‘Raven Brought the Light’. It is a clever story which links the folklore of two completely different cultures on opposite sides of the world. Yet I understand that it is also based on real events; the discovery of Celtic mummies in China.
I particularly liked the juxtaposition of the contemporary story with the ancient tale; these were flashbacks with a difference. The novel has a cinematic quality and thanks to the author’s lyrical prose I could picture the dusty terrain and tho
B.A. Morton
Apr 03, 2015 B.A. Morton rated it it was amazing
I was enthralled by this wonderful story which follows the lives of two very different young women linked in an extra-ordinary way through the folklore of their respective cultures. Spanning time and vast continents, the author skilfully combines the story of Brid a recently bereaved Irish student who joins an archaeological dig in China and Tlachtga a young woman from a culture long forgotten who is driven to embark on a great journey. Tlachtga’s chapters in particular are beautifully written, ...more
Cynthia Neale
Oct 17, 2015 Cynthia Neale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kristen Gleeson is a prolific and engaging storyteller and again she drew me into another book in her Celtic Knot Series. An Irish archaeology student goes on a dig to China and works with an Alaskan Tlingit Indian. And then there is the deftly created journey into the past to a people who lived 3,500 years ago in China. What is most beautiful is the link between the characters of the present and the characters of the past and the gift of spirituality, culture, and myths of the land. How could t ...more
Diana
Dec 13, 2016 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very clever story of a present day archeological dig in China and Brid's visions of relationships between two cultures from a time before Christ. The story flows between the two time periods with a thread connecting the people within these time periods. There are historical references, among a mystery story of intrigue and love. It was well written and drew me into the story. I recommend the book. I received a free copy on my Kindle for an honest review.
Hope Gerhardstein
I had a hard time getting into this book. It jumps back and forth from present time to ancient times. With similar characters in both times. Just a I would get interested in the story line it would switch to the other time line. Archeological digs in China with a connection to Ireland. I was offered this book in exchange for a review.
Eileen Kosidowski
Jan 24, 2016 Eileen Kosidowski rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I liked the book. It was easy to read. A little bit of fantasy. Good story. At the beginning it was a little confusing but then it all became clear. I would rate it a 4.
lynn meadows
lynn meadows rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Lynda Lagodney
Lynda Lagodney rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2015
Kim O'Donnell
Kim O'Donnell rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Deborah Jackson
Deborah Jackson rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
susannah young
susannah young rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
Linda Carrell
Linda Carrell rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
Michele Rowley
Michele Rowley rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Jessica Knauss
Jessica Knauss rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
Marie Macpherson
Marie Macpherson marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Salemahmed
Salemahmed marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Micki Levin
Micki Levin marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
SARIT
SARIT marked it as to-read
Amazaynia
Amazaynia marked it as to-read
Aan Krida
Aan Krida marked it as to-read
Sangeeta
Sangeeta marked it as to-read
Julia Conway
Julia Conway marked it as to-read
Micielle
Micielle marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Jeanne Adamek
Jeanne Adamek marked it as to-read
Alboiu
Alboiu marked it as to-read
Anais919
Anais919 marked it as to-read
Orgeleuse
Orgeleuse marked it as to-read
 Gaia Lettrice S.
Gaia Lettrice S. marked it as to-read
Stella Clarkson
Stella Clarkson marked it as to-read
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Sharon Huether
Sharon Huether marked it as to-read
Nicola Fantom
Nicola Fantom marked it as to-read
Stefani
Stefani marked it as to-read
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Avenger
Avenger marked it as to-read
Kristia
Kristia marked it as to-read
Magda
Magda marked it as to-read
Primrose  Tina
Primrose Tina marked it as to-read
Desi
Desi marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
  • The Tenth Saint (The Sarah Weston Chronicles, #1)
  • Pirate Code (Sea Witch Voyages, #2)
  • Fire Song (Siren Song, #3)
  • Skulduggery
  • Clonmac's Bridge
  • The Serpentine Garden Path
  • The Last Apostle (John the Immortal, #1)
  • Conquests: Hearts Rule Kingdoms
  • The Archaeology of Death and Burial (Texas A&M University Anthropology, 3)
  • The White Dove
  • The Lost Tales of Mercia (Lost Tales of Mercia #1-10)
  • Saving Grace (Beyond Time, #3)
  • The Dawn of Human Culture
  • She Returns From War
  • Witch's Mark
  • Britain Begins
  • Summer's Child & Summer of Roses
  • Red-Robed Priestess (Maeve Chronicles, #4)
Originally from Philadelphia, Kristin Gleeson lives in Ireland, in the West Cork Gaeltacht, where she teaches art classes, plays harp, sings in an Irish choir and runs two book clubs for the village library. She holds a Masters in Library Science and a Ph.D. in history, and for a time was an administrator of a national denominational archives, library and museum in America. Later, she served as a ...more
More about Kristin Gleeson...

The Celtic Knot Series (3 books)
  • Along the Far Shores