Start by marking “Oblivion (Lux, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Oblivion (Lux, #1.5)

Oblivion (Lux #1.5)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  11,702 Ratings  ·  1,635 Reviews
Experience the epic love story of OBSIDIAN as told by its hero, Daemon Black…

I knew the moment Katy Swartz moved in next door, there was going to be trouble. Lots of it.

And trouble’s the last thing I need, since I’m not exactly from around here. My people arrived on Earth from Lux, a planet thirteen billion light years away. Plus, if there’s one thing I know, it’s that hu
Published December 1st 2015 by Entangled Teen

To ask other readers questions about Oblivion, please sign up.
Jacquelyn I was blown away by how well she did this. I was expecting it to be a rewrite with change of personal pronouns and that's it. But no, we see true…moreI was blown away by how well she did this. I was expecting it to be a rewrite with change of personal pronouns and that's it. But no, we see true insight to not only what he is thinking and feeling but things he does that really don't add or mean anything except that it is almost as though she could have started the series out this way from the beginning, which I feel is how a rewrite should be every time anyway.(less)

Sasha Alsberg
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A book lover always wants to read one of their favorite books for the first time again....Oblivion is a way to do that with Obsidian <3
Angela
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Daemon Black is back!!!! and I'm over here like...

You're probably thinking "wow, Angela isn't this a little over kill??"... NO. NO ITS NOT!
I've been waiting for this! I asked for this the second I finished Opposition. I love Aliens. I love hot guys. And I more than love when the two are combined. I usually hate when authors re-release books from another POV. Feel like it's a waste of time. This was not a problem with Oblivion. I was more than happy using my evening reliving events with one o
Cristal
Mar 24, 2015 marked it as to-read
9/16/15 UPDATE!

OHMYGOD YOU GUYS! THE COVER IS OUT!
description

OHHH MY LORD, LOOK AT HIM!

description
Side note, is anyone else getting a lumberjack vibe off of this cover?! Or is it just me??

I'M GONNA NEED A MINUTE TO PROCESS THIS

3/24/15
A NEW BOOK IN THE LUX SERIES!?!!?
description
IN DAEMON'S POINT OF VIEW!?!!?!
I AM SO EXCITED!!!
Pang
Holy Alien Babies Everywhere
Daemon Black is back!!

descriptiondescription

This book is so hilarious!! lol! I can tell that our hottie Daemon made me laugh out loud a lot and I found myself smile & giggle throughout the entire book. Gahhh.. love him even more then that time I read in Katy POV.

This is very long journey man, because it is told from the same story as Obsidian, Onyx, and Opal.. Yessss 3 freakin books all in one!! but this time, just in Daemon POV.

Not have to say much about the plot since I think all Lu
Duanur
Mar 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Before Reading:
I have to admit that I hate when authors write their most popular book with a different POV and make money out of that. I just think they are getting advantage of people who would do anything to read more about their favourite characters.

That being said, I AM TOTALLY BUYING THIS BOOK.

I'm ridiculously in love with Daemon Black AND I HAVE TO READ anything that involves him.

Also Daemon and Kat warm my cold, dead heart.

---------------

After Reading:

Obsidian: 2.5
Onyx: 3
Opal: 3.5

Well,
Jasmine
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who wants to get invaded by Daemon!
**Latest Update 01/01/2016**
Have you checked out the special soundtrack made for this book? The lyrics fit Daemon and Kat's story so well and hope you like it!
Listen to it now! → I'm Awake by Jolie
--------------------------------------------
**Original Review 12/18/2015**
Yay! I just conquered the biggest book I’ve ever read in my life! As you know, Oblivion is a three-in-one book from Daemon’s POV so I’m going to tell you what I think about every single section independently.

Obsidian
This versi
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The first book of the lux series nearly destroyed my life with how horrifically awesome it was, but the first book in Daemon's pov? I literally feel like my life was wrecked, the minute I finished the book. This is by far my favorite book in this series. There was several moments where I felt the need to drop kick Daemon in a volcano and throw lighter fluid right after him, for being such a connard to Katy, but he got a brain in the end :) So, all in all, awesome read and highly recommended!
Melissa
Mar 24, 2015 marked it as to-read
IT HAS A COVER!!

*in Janice's voice* OH. MY. GOOOOOOOD.

Beth Hudspeth
Review posted on my brand new blog: Hello Beautiful Book Blog

Daemon Black ♥

Ohhhh snap! Daemon Black is back! I love the Lux series and this is just another great installment. It was so much fun reliving the first half of the series. You really need the kindle version of Oblivion because it contains Obsidian, Onyx and Opal. It is REALLY long, but worth it! I think I might have to continue on with Origin and Opposition just to have a full reread of the series!

Daemon is so infuriating, but just
Jacqueline
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE DAEMON BLACK...that is all
rheeza (callowaybooks )
Lux series by jennifer armnetrout

If you also love the Lux series, you probably know how much this latest installment all done in the awesome point of view of Daemon Black, means to me. The very fact that Jennifer Armentrout gave this for us is beyond amazing!

And let me tell you, fans of this series, heck, fans of Daemon, do NOT want to miss out on this. And for those who haven’t read it yet, WTH DO IT NOW! However, i think you could still enjoy this one too but it’s more advisable if you start with Obsidian.

light

Oblivion has 1005
Anna
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“You know what? I’ve got zero fucks to give when it comes to anything you’ve got to say.”

(Technically, it is 3.5, but I am rounding it up because I can.)

Ah, Daemon, Daemon. I've really missed your asshole-ish self, it is true. Even if many deem your own book unecessary, rest easy, my son, I have enjoyed reading the story once again from your perspective. And I even more enjoyed the fact that we got your POV for all the first three books. Yay, more from me.

Joking aside, I knew I was going to r
Natalie Monroe

"She appeared of average height. Actually, everything about her seemed average—her dark brown hair, pulled back from her face in a messy knot; her pale, roundish face; her average weight—definitely not one of those skinny girls I hated..."

I wish Oblivion had never been written. Then I wouldn't have experience the realization that I, unconditionally and irrevocably, wanted to plant my foot up his ass.

"She was attracted to me, even right now, when I'd backed her clear across the yard,
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
Holy Fuuuulalalalatte

CUZ OUR BOY DAEMON IS COMING BACK BABY
Emer
Oblivion

Tra-la-la-la-la... *happily skips around*
Oh how I love this series so... *heart beat flutters*

So Oblivion is the same story as Obsidian but given to us through Daemon's point of view. And it was gooooooooooood!!! Ahh my favourite hot alien douchebag has a heart under all that moodiness and bad boy attitude! *swoons*

It was just soooooooo much fun reading this from his viewpoint!!! Seeing what he really thought of Kat, how protective he is of Dee, his relationship with Ash and her brot
Valerie
This happened....

What can I say about this? It is as good I as I had hoped it would be. It's totally Daemon Black. I loved it.

Here's the thing with retelling for me, there needs to be something more. Simply retelling a story from a different characters POV doesn't hold my interest. I know what's going to happen. I need more. This one was more.

Yes there are scenes that Katy wasn't part of that we see in this book. Thankfully, not every scene we had before is redone with Daemon's POV. Some are sum
Varsha
I usually hate it when authors write their already published books in a different POV but IT'S DAEMON BLACK WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE SO OF COURSE I'M FREAKIN EXCITED :D

But December 2015? :( :(

Oblivion is a companion novel (#1.5) in Jennifer L. Armentrout's young-adult paranormal series titled Lux. It's been a long while since I read the first book Obsidian so I knew I would need to re-read it before continuing the series. But look what came just in time...

Think Obsidian from Daemon's point of view. There were some new scenes but the majority of the content is the story you know but flipped perspectives. For me having read Obsidian so long ago, this was perfect. My memory got caught u
Irini
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I <3 ARMENTROUT!!!!!!!!!

Claire Robinson
5 - Pretty much made of awesome. Stars!

I took my sweet time with Oblivion, and not because I didn’t enjoy reading it. But this is Daemon ‘freakin’ Black. So why rush, especially when you have the below in your head for the entire time you are reading…

At just over a thousand pages, Jennifer Armentrout hasn’t skimped on giving us the full Daemon Black experience either, and I have to say it was a refreshing to read the first three books of the series from his point of view. I found Katy’s inner
Anna M.
Sep 16, 2015 rated it liked it
JLA... I love you. And the series... This changes nothing. I just couldn't really love this book, it's not you, it's me. I hate different POV books, it just seems to me it was purely a retold book in Daemons perspective. Nothing new was brought to the story for me... And if anything, I began to doubt my love for the original books. Now, I couldn't have that! So, with my long awaited release of Oblivion, I close the book. In my eyes, the Lux series will forever live on in the eyes of Katy.
Georgina ☽ 2greekgirlsreading

DAEMONS POV? JEGJSHRKGJS

Sophia Triad
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Daemon’s POV and in a way he will make you fall in love with him all over again.

You will laugh with his first impression of Kate:

I sized her up as I drifted silently through the trees. She appeared of average height. Actually, everything about her seemed average....
..... My head cocked to the side at the sound of her voice, which was also…average.

You will roll your eyes with his description about himself:

My green eyes were a family trait and my hair tended to curl a bit on the ends whether I
Marce♡
[5/5]

Cinco de cinco pero si pudiera darle más estrellas lo haría *_*

DAEMON BLACK IS BACK

description

Creo que es aceptable que ahora Jennifer nos de Origin y Opposition pero las partes que contaba Katy, ahora contadas por Daemon, ¿si o no? ok no, eso ya sería demasiado, aunque en realidad no me molestaría e_e ah

La historia no cambia mucho pues ya sabes lo que ocurre. Katy nos cuenta la historia desde su punto de vista en los tres primeros libros y aquí Jennifer nos regala un lado de Daemon que no conocíamos,
Danielle (Love at First Page)
Oblivion - the Kindle version - is essentially the first three books of the Lux series told from the perspective of our favorite alien, Daemon Black... meaning, for me, resistance is futile. For those that don't already know, Daemon and Katy are, like, top 10 OTP for me. That's really solidified in the last three books of the series, but it was fun reading their beginning all over again. Especially the way Daemon tells it. That sneaky, cocky bastard. He will always be one of my favorite book boy ...more
Alyssa Davila (Traveling with Words)
UPDATE 3/24/15

More Lux series, more Daemon Black???

December come faster!!!

Cody
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Daemon Black is back!

“Huh. Perhaps I was a bit too much of a dick the first two times I talked to her. Good thing she didn’t know I briefly considered burning her house down.”

I think the entire Lux fandom may just explode from the excitement of having not just 1, but 3 books told from Daemon’s POV. Oblivion is truly magnificent, it’s allows you to relive all of your favorite moments from the series but also brings new information to the table and shed new light on Daemon’s infamous split perso
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
This series owned me the first time I read it and there is nothing better than having Daemon Black's POV. Being in his head and heart..priceless! His arrogance...his fears...his emotions...everything upped the ante and made the story so much more! FABULOUS ☆☆☆☆☆
Lucia
Sep 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, sci-fi, ya
3.5 STARS for the e-book version
(Obsidian, Onyx and Opal in Daemon’s POV)

No panic. 3.5 stars is a good rating. It means that overall I did enjoy this book. However, writing-wise, Oblivion is no masterpiece. I could live without all those repetitive phrases that author used. If I read about Daemon talking about „how long Kat’s legs look for someone so short” ever again, I will probably break something. And if I read once more about Daemon looking at “certain assets of her”, I will burn something.
  • Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #4)
  • Unhinged (Underworld, #1)
  • Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)
  • And for Your Information… (Butterfly, #2)
  • Desire (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #4)
  • Collide (The Taking, #3)
  • Sagittarius (Cinderella, #3)
  • อกเกือบหักแอบรักคุณสามี
  • The Fall
  • Odyssey (The Vampire Destiny Series Companion, #1)
  • Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom (A Daemon Hunter, #2)
  • Outtakes from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7.5)
  • Merciless (The Mermen Trilogy, #3)
  • Wait For You, Trust in Me: 2-Book Collection (Wait For You, #1-1.5)
  • Branded Sanctuary (Nature of Desire, #7)
  • Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1)
  • Ascension (The Watcher Chronicles, #4)
  • Blood Possession (Blood Curse, #3)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout

• Opposition (Lux, #5)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
  • Hate List
    $8.99 $1.99
  • I Funny: A Middle School Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Time's Edge (The Chronos Files, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Brazen (Gilded #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Girl in the Shadows (Cirque American #2)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • How to Train Your Dragon
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
“Jesus, all this thinking about my feelings and hers was probably going to give me a period.” 42 likes
“I’ve always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect. The ones who throw their beauty around, waste what they have? Their beauty is only passing. It’s just a shell hiding nothing but shadows and emptiness.” 39 likes