Start by marking “Soulmates (Soulmates, #1)” as Want to Read:
Soulmates (Soulmates, #1)

Soulmates

(Soulmates #1)

Madison met Jake Keller when she was six years old. They thought nothing could separate them. Everything changes when they enter high school. One fight gets out of control and they go from inseparable friends to bitter enemies.

When tragedy strikes they are drawn to each other again. There is no doubt that they have an insane attraction to each other but, can they fix what
Published March 22nd 2015 by Nicole Dykes

To ask other readers questions about Soulmates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soulmates

Carissa
Jul 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-s-2015
soulmate
ˈsəʊlmeɪt/
noun
plural noun: soulmates
a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner.

This is what google says it means. However, to each individual, the meaning is different. For me, I don't know if I truly believe in the word soulmate, because it sounds so spiritual and ethereal. What I do believe, is that their is someone special in the world suited for everyone. We don't always find that person, but for those who do, it's spectacular. A soulmate is supposed to
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Pu5 by sb_zpspawk8dkp.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (10/8/2015)

Book 1 and 2 has same H/he but book 2 can be read as stand-alone. Book 3 has a different couple.

BLURB:

Cristina
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I wouldn't call this necessarily a novel...it's more like a diary with dialogue in it...

It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. It was a fast read that approaches the mistakes teenagers do and regret (or not!) later.

description

*ARC generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*
Liz
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it
It's always a delight to read a book by someone I have met on GR! It makes me feel honored that they would trust me to read and review their work. As I have been graciously offered an arc for Fate the second of the Soulmates series, I felt it was imperative to read the first book in the series. I am truly glad that I did!

Soulmates is definitely a "coming of age" story. Although the majority of the story takes place while the characters are in high school, this is NOT a YA book. I would definite
Nicole Dykes
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm a little bias, but I hope that you will give this book a chance. This is the first book in the series about a group of friends trying to get through adolescence and new adulthood.

This book is Maddy's. She is the sweetheart of the group. The naïve girl that struggles with watching her friends making mistakes with everything that comes with being a teenager in a fast paced world.

Aliana Milano
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow.....

I dunno what I was expecting, but that sure wasn't it. This book was awesome. It kinda reminded me of B.B Reids Broken Love series (check it out if you haven't already ;) ). The characters jelled so well together and the plot and storyline was unique and had so many twists I was always kept on the edge of my seat. The author managed to create a unique and perfect blend of love, hate, romance and sacrifice in this beautiful story.

For any authors first novel (which this was for Nicole Dyke
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
☆☆☆ 3.5 We Were Meant To Be Stars ☆☆☆

Jake Keller has been in my life since we were six years old.

photo PicsArt_1434237327825_zps0cuxp0w7.jpg

AND

photo PicsArt_1434237245918_zpssbyvxuen.jpg

This is a story of friendship and fun. Jake and Maddy are best friends. They have been a part of each other's lives since forever. Until one day Madison over steps her friend boundary with Jake and rips him for sleeping around and using his friends just for sex.

Jake being tired of Maddy's goodie goodie image he tells her off calling her an ice princess and a prude......which she mostly
Katie
I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review

For me, there something that didn't let me fully connect with the story. I'm not actually sure what it was that made me feel this way about the book though. I thought there was maybe too much focus on the loss of Maddy's virginity. One thing I did like though was that, being a fairly short book, the story was fast paced.
Jan
Beautiful coming of age read

Arc kindly gifted for honest review

The author has written this book from Maddy's point of view its like reading her memoirs, very descriptive and it draws you in and is beautifully done.

Madeline & Jake are childhood best friends this is Maddy's journey from childhood and through her school years with Jake and her other friends, its sweet and you can picture these childhood friends in their everyday lives of school and play.

Teenage years are thrust upon them and
Amie's Book Reviews

Genre: Romance, Young Adult

Length: 122 pages

Release Date: March 22, 2015

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jake and Madison met when they were both six years old. Their fathers worked together in the oil fields and they lived only three houses away from each other.

The two quickly became best friends and were inseparable. That is, until their Freshman year of high school when they had a huge fight.

That fight ended their friends
CeCe
One word - awful.

The hero, Jake, either has sex with the heroine's BFFs. Please note, it is plural. Not one BFF, but multiple. One of these BFFs even loses her virginity to Jake. That BFF was in "love" with Jake. UGH. The heroine was not the brightest.

Jake and Madison have been friends since they were six. This is supposed to be a friends to more type of story. Instead it felt like a big orgy among friends. Jake never even gives the hint of being attracted to Maddie until much later, but I think
Ari Reavis
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
*ARC received from author, in exchange for an honest review*

Their love story was messy, but cute. I felt bad for Maddy, getting cheated on and then finding a good guy, but having him move away, and most of all, losing her friendship with Jake. And Jake, ughh, he became a real slut and I hated him for most of the book. He acted like such a jerk. I don't know if his confession of love towards the end made up for his actions throughout the story, but I was happy they ended up together. There's some
Susan
I loved this book! It was a quick read and I cant wait to continue with the series! My emotions were all over the place with Jake. One chapter I loved him and the next he was such a jerk that I hated him. It was great watching Maddy and Jake grow and fight and the banter between the two of them brought back so many high school memories for me. The subjects Nicole writes about are things we have all had to deal with growing up. I cant believe this is a debut novel and I'm looking forward to readi ...more
Ariel Mathis
*A complimentary copy of this ebook was given to me by the author in exchange for my honest review.*

This was a short story of two Soulmates with their beginning, middle, & end. They've known each other since they were six years old. As they got older things became...awkward. They were just in that stage where you like that person, you just don't know how to go about telling that person. It was different for them each. Maddy was jealous and didn't know why. Jake was an ass and used every chan
S. Rivera
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read Fate first which is the 2nd book in this series. (They are standalone and I was not confused at all by reading them out of order) I really enjoyed it and may have read it again someday but when I found out Soulmates is the same story in Maddy's POV, I decided not to wait. It was cool to read a book again but see different things. I loved Jake in Fate, but he was even better in Soulmates. You can't help but root for him to finally know he is loved--something he's never really had.

This sto
Dolores
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nicole-dykes
I received this book to give m True & Honest Review

I love this book to do with schoolmates & Best Mates Until things went out of control between Maddy & Jake. It'll remind Girls & Boys from School with their love, infatuation and becoming of age. They were BEST MATES from the age of 6 till Junior high when they started to learn about maturing. So Will thy be able to mend the ways & Become Best of Mates again. These 2 you can see through ALL the Highs, Lows and HEARTBREAK. Wi
Stephanie
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was a great nice and easy read. I read it all in one sitting. It sort of reminded me of The Duff in a way which happens to be one of my favorite books. I loved Jake and Maddy even if Jake was a total asshole at times. But what high school boy isn't? I'm so glad Maddy didn't marry Mark and the ending was just absolutely perfect. I can't wait to read the next one and see the story from Jake's point of view.
Shay_yahS
I added this book to my TBR shelf and the author offered to let me read it in exchange for a honest review

I liked this book... I liked the idea behind it... I liked the characters... I just didn't care that a lot was condensed into a 122 pages...

The book follows Madison from when she meets Jake when she was younger all the way until she graduates college..

Important parts felt grazed over... rushed... and left me wanting more detail.. more explanation... I liked the characters but wanted to kno
Krista Gervais
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was ok

**May contain slight spoilers**

I liked the idea of this book and the general storyline. I'm always a fan of the "friends since childhood-to-lovers" plot. However I found with this book that there was too much of them NOT together. The description explains how they're friends but get in a fight and don't talk. There's just so much of the book thats Madison's life outside of Jake, even to the point of her with multiple other guys and I just didn't like that much. I understand maybe trying to get o
Naksed
I hate to be unkind when rating and reviewing books but I have to be honest. This is my opinion. It is obviously very subjective. I am sure plenty of people could enjoy this book. My guess is a teen-aged audience could possibly be interested in this. I have read some YA romances, and as much as I had issues with the tedious soap-opera that seems to permeate those fictional high school lives, at least the writing had some good moments, the characters evoked some emotions in me, and the plot held ...more
Judy Miracle
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I freaking loved this book. once i started i couldnt put it down.

Maddy and Jake have known each other since they were 6 and have been inseparable. This book had my emotions going all over. One minute I loved them both, then the next i wanted to smack Jake and tell Maddy that yeah some of the things he said were a bit true. But then looking at their age i was like yeah Jake is being a jerk.

They go through middle school and high school drama together... care about each other one minute then have
Stacey
Jul 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This was a sweet story. I had a soft spot for Jake even though he was horrible to Maddy at points.

Due to it being such a short read I felt alot of it was crammed in and lots of events were skip without going into too much detail. I would have like to experiance more with them and their friends. It just seemed a little too rushed for me.

I was a lovly read and kept me guessing throughout and I couldnt wait to see how it turned out and whether they got their HEA.

♣️ Lynda ♣️
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
First off I want to thank Nicole for sending me this book to review.

This is a really quick read. I enjoyed it and completed it in a short period of time. There was so much packed into this book. Friends to enemies to friends and more. I wish at times that time didn't go so quickly from one chapter to the next. I felt like I was rushed through a short period of time.

Overall this book had sex and drama (ALOT of drama) and kept me quite entertained.
J. Kahele
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This was a very good story. I was pissed off the whole time because I wanted Jake and Maddy to be together, but had that happened the story wouldn't have turned out so great!

Maddy was definitely a character that any girl/woman could relate to. She was strong and didn't fall into peer pressure, like most girls would in her position. Her virginity was important to her and she had no plans of losing it, until she found the right person. Absolutely, loved this story.
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC received from author

Think Sweet Valley High meets Beverly Hills 90210. Plenty of high school/college angsty teenager drama. A nice little love story buried under the way too young sex.
Amanda
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-on-kobo
wow that was a quick good read, it seemed a bit rushed but i liked it, i didn't like the whole engaged thing and how Maddy hurt the guy like that.. i liked the end though
Secretly Adorkable Readers
3.5 Stars coming of age to mature adult content! review to come

My emotions are pulled everywhere on this!
Terry
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it
*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review*

I'm a sucker for love stories between friends who have known each other since they were little and that's why this book caught my eye. I had to laugh, though, because throughout the beginning of the book I kept forgetting they were at such young ages. I kept thinking, What are doing???? Stop!!! So immature!!! but then I'd remember they're all like 13-16 years old and that's those glorious years full of stupid mistakes and drama. I thought
Bloggers From Down Under
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **

Best friends.
School mates.
Bonded forever.

But what happens when it all falls apart?
How do you move forward when the one person who you always thought you could rely on is no longer there?
How do you deal with having to see them each and every single day at school?
How do you simply cope losing your best friend?

This is Madison and Jake’s story.

Best friends since Madison was six years old, never once did she think that the bond of their frien
« previous 1 3 next »
YA & NA Romance ♥: Giveaway Book 1 AND an ARC of New Book! 5 16 Oct 23, 2015 06:43PM
Genre Specific Re...: Looking for Reviews 5 55 Oct 17, 2015 10:42AM
Young Adult Ficti...: YA/NA Romance Only 99 Cents! 2 26 Oct 08, 2015 07:34AM
The Life of a Boo...: YA/NA Romance Only 99 Cents! 2 6 Oct 08, 2015 07:34AM
Some Like It Hot!: YA/NA Romance FREE! 10 70 Oct 08, 2015 07:31AM
The Perks Of Bein...: YA/NA Romance Only 99 Cents! 1 2 Aug 16, 2015 05:33PM
Book Promo Central: Free Book on Amazon 3 3 Jul 08, 2015 08:25AM

• Catching a Fallen Starr
  • 1/2 Cocked
  • Desperate Thoughts: The Gift (Victoria Wilde, #0.5)
  • Lost & Bound
  • Impossible (Huntsford Hearts, #1)
  • Craving Caroline (Star Crossed Lovers #1)
  • The Approach (Wunder #1)
  • Stirred Up (Stirred Up, #1-1.5)
  • Invitation to Seduction (Open Invitation, #1)
  • Mowed: An Erotic BBW Comedy Romance
  • Used
  • Only Desire
  • The Ouija Board
  • Fall Out (SEALs Undone, #1)
  • Callie's Story (Now and Forever, #1.5)
  • Origin (Sector One) (The Othala Witch Collection)
  • Memories of Me
  • Making His Move
I grew up in a small rural town in Kansas and currently live in a suburb of Kansas City. I love to read books that have main characters that are seriously flawed. I love to write and have been writing since I was in grade school.

I'm a mama first but spend my nights writing all the stories 💜

When I wrote the first book in my Monroe Family Series I never dreamed it would be a 10 book series and have

Soulmates (4 books)
  • Fate (Soulmates, #2)
  • Rebound (Soulmates, #3)
  • Evolve (Soulmates, #4)
“I’m saying I want to spend the rest of my life with my best friend.” 6 likes
“Sometimes it takes making a lot of mistakes and being with the wrong person to lead you to the perfect one.” 3 likes