Start by marking “Heart and Brain: An Awkward Yeti Collection” as Want to Read:
Heart and Brain: An Awkward Yeti Collection

Heart and Brain: An Awkward Yeti Collection

From paying taxes and getting up for work to dancing with kittens and starting a band, readers everywhere will relate to the ongoing struggle between Heart and Brain.

Heart and Brain: An Awkward Yeti Collection illustrates the relationship between the sensible Brain and its emotionally driven counterpart, the Heart.

Boasting more than one million pageviews per month, TheAwkw
Published October 20th 2015 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Heart and Brain, please sign up.
Chloey Brain: Well, it takes a lot of time and effort to make these comic strips, format them into a book, find a publisher and-

Heart: LOOK PRETTY PICTURES.…more

Heart: LOOK PRETTY PICTURES. IT'S SO FUN! TAKE MY MONEY!

Brain:What just happened?

(Look authors have their own lives too, it really does take up their time and resources to create a book, and we shouldn't expect them or any other artist to just giveaway all of their work after they sacrificed time, money, etc. for it. They deserve to be paid for their work just like anyone else.)(less)

Phoebe Andamo
Heart: Do you want to do something fun?
Brain: We have to give a decent review right now.
Heart: Just give the stars and let's watch a movie!
Brain: It shouldn't be hasty. The graphics and lines used should be analyzed.
Heart: I enjoyed it.
*butterfly flies*
*Heart tries to get it*
Brain: The colors used were pretty limited. The way it was presented was quite--
*Heart clicks 5 stars*
Heart: ..what?
Brain: ...
Sheziss
My heart says, “Let’s get a new book.”
My brain says, “No, we have a way too many to read yet.”

My heart says, “Let’s go have some fun.”
My brain says, “No, we have to study now.”

My heart says, “Let’s go on a trip.”
My brain says, “We should keep money for the future.”

My heart says, “Look, a huge dish of chocolate with churros!”
My brain says, “We’ll get so fat we’ll have to roll from then on.”

My heart says, “Let’s dance in the middle of the room.”
My brain says, “No, we don’t want to make a fool of o
Lola
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You guys, I have found a treasure. *heart eyes*

One of the most unique graphic novels I have ever read. The idea of illustrating the daily life moments of a heart and a brain – Heart and Brain! - is so smart, original, and yet, you can't stop thinking, ''How has no one thought about this before?''

It just feels right. Because, after all, we all have a brain and a heart. We are able to connect to these small organs. It's possible there aren't many yetis among us, but that’s alright, because Heart
Nouf *LostinFantasy*
Brain vs Heart. The struggle is so real. This was so much fun but with undeniable truths. I really enjoyed it.
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading these comic strips. They were so cute and I loved Heart so much! This is a great example of something simple that can be brilliant and hilarious. Everyone will enjoy this because everyone can relate to the struggle of brain vs heart. I would recommend this to everyone and I would definitely read more Awkward Yeti comic strips! *I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*
Mike
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brain can't keep Heart reined in, and Heart can't get Brain to step out. but they are stuck with each other for Life...
Noura
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the most accurate description of how I feel that I have read in what feels like forever and I am not sure yet how I feel about that. Easily a favourite that I will be revisiting and exploring the world of more in the future.
Crystal Starr Light
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bullet Review:

I REALLY enjoyed this one. It was HILARIOUS and serious and moving all at once.

I am so Brain...
Sheyda Mirlou
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it so much!!! full of funny true stories! : ))
Peter Derk
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it
I don't know what to do with this review, so I'll do the mature thing, play that Marry/Fuck/Kill game. Brain, heart, and I guess Stomach because he shows up a few times.

Brain and heart are tough. On the one hand, heart is the clear choice for Fuck, but then you've got to spend an entire lifetime married to brain or stomach. But if you fuck Brain, then you can marry heart and have a lifetime of whimsy, which is probably like being married to Natalie Portman from Garden State and really annoying.
Preeti
I can’t remember when I started following The Awkward Yeti. It had to be at least a year ago or more that I saw someone share one of his Heart and Brain comics on Facebook and I was hooked.

What I love about these comics is that they’re so simple – such a simple concept of a heart and a brain – but they’re brought to life so well. They’re always funny, but so many of them are philosophical as well, and really make you reevaluate what the hell you’re doing in life.

Heart and Brain belong to The Aw
Janeka
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humour, comics
Disclaimer: e-ARC provided by Andrews McMeel Publishing through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Quotes may not appear in the final edition.

A series of cartoon shorts on the eternal fight of heart vs. brain. And on the importance of coffee!

description

Like, right now I should be writing an essay and/or working out. Instead I’m lying confortably in my bed reading a graphic novel. Well, the heart wants what the heart wants :)

Its animation style is nothing special or fantastic, but its short and f
Laurence R.
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-review
Great book! It reminded me to let my heart decide over some decisions, but to make sure they're not really against my brain. I thought that Heart was adorable - he reminded me a awful lot of Olaf, which I love - and made me want to be more passionate and adventurous, because Brain can be stupid, sometimes, even if it's his job to make sure we don't make fools of ourselves. I do think there could have been more humor in this book, because I didn't really laugh, but I still enjoyed reading it.

(Tha
Luis
Heart and Brain are two friends. Or perhaps, they are flatmates.

Despite their differences, they get on well and have fun together. Heart is a dreamer, somehow passionate about everything that comes across his mind, while Brain is quiet and sensible. Brain, in fact, is more interesting as a character as one can think from the beginning, because is always focusing on hard aspects - some of them, depressing too - and Heart acts as a counterweight, showing that life can't be taken so seriosuly.

Stor
Megan (ReadingRover)
I really like Heart and Brain but after a while I feel like the book kind of dragged on. I definitely enjoyed specific comics within the book but its not a book I would say I absolutely loved.
The Flooze
Even though Brain tells me I only really need to follow The Awkward Yeti's updates on one platform, Heart demands I follow them on Facebook and Tapastic and anywhere else I can find them.

"Otherwise you might MISS something! And we all know every comic makes you happy!"

Even Brain has problems fighting against that kind of logic...

Always adorable, ever insightful, The Awkward Yeti Collection illustrates our daily battle between whimsical notions and neurotic (or responsible-minded) fears. It's a
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
Aug 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
Love this webcomic. Need this book.

Rustlepaper
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome depiction of conversation happening within us!
Kate Tilton
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite comic series! I so relate to Brain and Heart too. This collection has some particularly good strips.
LynnDee (The Library Lush)
Cute but nothing memorable.
Andrea
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was delightful. Highly recommended to anyone with a heart and a brain.
Elena Iulia
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"It's funny because it's true" could be one accurate statement regarding this book.
Amna Houlin
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
What I loved about it is that it’s so realistic but in a really funny way. I laughed out loud a lot of times. It’s really a pleasant read and so relatable.

I loved the illustrations so much, they are simple and fun; their simplicity is what actually beautify them

In a lot of places I was like, “OMG, this is actually me! I do this.” The writer did a great job writing this graphic novel and the illustrator did a great job transforming them into drawings.

Full Review: https://teabagsandbooks.wordpress
Sarah Fairbairn
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thank You to Net Galley for supplying me with an electronic copy to read and review.

In this perfect coffee table book, which I intend to by myself a hardcover version of, we get a series of comic strips illustrating the battle between our Brain and our Heart.

I found this book to be adorable, full of fun, relatable, amusing, totally huggable and even thought provoking at times.

It made me want to chase butterflies, drink large amounts of coffee and read it again.
Syed Fathi
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, bought, comics
Heart: Our salary already in, lets go and buy new books.
Brain: No, lets finish the shelf first.

This book is hilariously fun to read. Its funny, yet reminds us of our daily struggle between our rational thinking (brain) and our emotion (heart). Its creative and highly addictive.

We all need a cup of humor everyday!
Ylenia
May 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
A funny and so relatable collection of comic strips; I really enjoyed some of them because they're SO TRUE.
This could be an awesome gift!

*ARC / review copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, thanks again*
Stewart Tame
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you've been on social media for any length of time, you've probably seen one of Nick Seluk's Heart and Brain comics. They're ubiquitous on Facebook, or at least most of the folks I follow in my newsfeed seem to like them. It's hardly surprising. Never before have a couple of organs so perfectly captured the dichotomy between rational thought and irrational impulse. Brain wants to play it safe, work hard, do the smart, logical thing. Heart has the attention span of a squirrel with ADHD, and is ...more
Amina
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

Heart: what's wrong?
Brain: I keep thinking I'll never be as happy as when I was a kid, I'm not as fun as I used to be, and all I do is worry about the future. How do you stay so happy?
Heart: I let you worry about all that stuff for BOTH of us!

Brain: Do you think ambition is a luxury?
Heart: Going after what you want isn't a luxury! It's a necessity! If I let you decide everything, we'd be comfortable, but we'd never go after the thing that's missing
Brain: And what exactely is missing?
Heart:
Misti
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
The first collection of the popular “Heart and Brain” webcomic. I enjoy reading these comics when people post them online, but I feel like I’ve already seen the best ones from this collection. I was hoping to discover new content, but none of the ones I hadn’t seen before wowed me. I may still pick up other collections of this comic in the future, but I don’t feel a need to purchase them for my personal shelves.
Cheryl
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-enjoy-again
Yup, you're reading that right. I read it twice in a row, and want to again some day. Do you know when to choose to follow your heart, and when to use your brain's ability to use logic and analysis? Well, you'll not find the answer here... but you will find a simpatico comrade in Seluk and Lars, the Awkward Yeti.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #119 Heart and Brain by Nick Seluk 1 3 Sep 21, 2015 08:12PM

• Birding Is My Favorite Video Game: Cartoons about the Natural World From "Bird and Moon"
  • Breaking Cat News: Cats Reporting on the News that Matters to Cats
  • Pearls Freaks the #*%# Out: A (Freaky) Pearls Before Swine Treasury
  • The Potpourrific Great Big Grab Bag of Get Fuzzy
  • Lunarbaboon: The Daily Life of Parenthood
  • Dawn of the Bunny Suicides
  • Simon's Cat in Kitten Chaos (Simon's Cat, #3)
  • Kids Are Weird: And Other Observations from Parenthood
  • Fowl Language: The Struggle Is Real
  • Razzle Dazzle Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #4)
  • A Coyote Solstice Tale
  • The Middleman: The Collected Series Indispensability
  • Poorly Drawn Lines: Good Ideas and Amazing Stories
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 4: I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked It
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 5: Boundaries
  • Light
  • Dream the Impossible Dream: Zen Pencils: Volume Two
  • The Little World of Liz Climo
Cartoonist behind The Awkward Yeti™.
Current comic series include Heart and Brain™, Lars, Medical Tales Retold, and a plethora of miscellaneous webcomics under The Awkward Yeti name.