Start by marking “Heart and Brain: An Awkward Yeti Collection” as Want to Read:
Heart and Brain: An Awkward Yeti Collection

Heart and Brain: An Awkward Yeti Collection

From paying taxes and getting up for work to dancing with kittens and starting a band, readers everywhere will relate to the ongoing struggle between Heart and Brain.

Heart and Brain: An Awkward Yeti Collection illustrates the relationship between the sensible Brain and its emotionally driven counterpart, the Heart.

Boasting more than one million pageviews per month, TheAwkw
Published October 20th 2015 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Heart and Brain, please sign up.
Chloey Brain: Well, it takes a lot of time and effort to make these comic strips, format them into a book, find a publisher and-

Heart: LOOK PRETTY PICTURES.…more

Heart: LOOK PRETTY PICTURES. IT'S SO FUN! TAKE MY MONEY!

Brain:What just happened?

(Look authors have their own lives too, it really does take up their time and resources to create a book, and we shouldn't expect them or any other artist to just giveaway all of their work after they sacrificed time, money, etc. for it. They deserve to be paid for their work just like anyone else.)(less)

Phoebe Andamo
Heart: Do you want to do something fun?
Brain: We have to give a decent review right now.
Heart: Just give the stars and let's watch a movie!
Brain: It shouldn't be hasty. The graphics and lines used should be analyzed.
Heart: I enjoyed it.
*butterfly flies*
*Heart tries to get it*
Brain: The colors used were pretty limited. The way it was presented was quite--
*Heart clicks 5 stars*
Heart: ..what?
Brain: ...
Sheziss
My heart says, “Let’s get a new book.”
My brain says, “No, we have a way too many to read yet.”

My heart says, “Let’s go have some fun.”
My brain says, “No, we have to study now.”

My heart says, “Let’s go on a trip.”
My brain says, “We should keep money for the future.”

My heart says, “Look, a huge dish of chocolate with churros!”
My brain says, “We’ll get so fat we’ll have to roll from then on.”

My heart says, “Let’s dance in the middle of the room.”
My brain says, “No, we don’t want to make a fool of o
Lola
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You guys, I have found a treasure. *heart eyes*

One of the most unique graphic novels I have ever read. The idea of illustrating the daily life moments of a heart and a brain – Heart and Brain! - is so smart, original, and yet, you can't stop thinking, ''How has no one thought about this before?''

It just feels right. Because, after all, we all have a brain and a heart. We are able to connect to these small organs. It's possible there aren't many yetis among us, but that’s alright, because Heart
Nouf *LostinFantasy*
Brain vs Heart. The struggle is so real. This was so much fun but with undeniable truths. I really enjoyed it.
Neil (or bleed)
Adulting sucks.
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading these comic strips. They were so cute and I loved Heart so much! This is a great example of something simple that can be brilliant and hilarious. Everyone will enjoy this because everyone can relate to the struggle of brain vs heart. I would recommend this to everyone and I would definitely read more Awkward Yeti comic strips! *I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*
Sercan Vatansever
ÇOK EĞLENCELİ. KALP BEN
Irmak
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kütüphanem
Büyümek Diye Bir Şey Yok'tan önce Kalp ve Beyin'i okusaydım 5 verebilirdim ama önce diğerini okudum.
Sorry.
Mike
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brain can't keep Heart reined in, and Heart can't get Brain to step out. but they are stuck with each other for Life...
Noura
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the most accurate description of how I feel that I have read in what feels like forever and I am not sure yet how I feel about that. Easily a favourite that I will be revisiting and exploring the world of more in the future.
Crystal Starr Light
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bullet Review:

I REALLY enjoyed this one. It was HILARIOUS and serious and moving all at once.

I am so Brain...
Sheyda Mirlou
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it so much!!! full of funny true stories! : ))
Peter Derk
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it
I don't know what to do with this review, so I'll do the mature thing, play that Marry/Fuck/Kill game. Brain, heart, and I guess Stomach because he shows up a few times.

Brain and heart are tough. On the one hand, heart is the clear choice for Fuck, but then you've got to spend an entire lifetime married to brain or stomach. But if you fuck Brain, then you can marry heart and have a lifetime of whimsy, which is probably like being married to Natalie Portman from Garden State and really annoying.
Kitaplarvesozleri
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoriler
Ya bayıldım, Harikaydı!! Kalp ve beyinin düşüncelerini müthiş çizimler ile karikatürize etmişler. 😍❤ ...more
Preeti
I can’t remember when I started following The Awkward Yeti. It had to be at least a year ago or more that I saw someone share one of his Heart and Brain comics on Facebook and I was hooked.

What I love about these comics is that they’re so simple – such a simple concept of a heart and a brain – but they’re brought to life so well. They’re always funny, but so many of them are philosophical as well, and really make you reevaluate what the hell you’re doing in life.

Heart and Brain belong to The Aw
Janeka
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, humour
Disclaimer: e-ARC provided by Andrews McMeel Publishing through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Quotes may not appear in the final edition.

A series of cartoon shorts on the eternal fight of heart vs. brain. And on the importance of coffee!

description

Like, right now I should be writing an essay and/or working out. Instead I’m lying confortably in my bed reading a graphic novel. Well, the heart wants what the heart wants :)

Its animation style is nothing special or fantastic, but its short and f
Laurence R.
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-review
Great book! It reminded me to let my heart decide over some decisions, but to make sure they're not really against my brain. I thought that Heart was adorable - he reminded me a awful lot of Olaf, which I love - and made me want to be more passionate and adventurous, because Brain can be stupid, sometimes, even if it's his job to make sure we don't make fools of ourselves. I do think there could have been more humor in this book, because I didn't really laugh, but I still enjoyed reading it.

(Tha
Gözde Yeşilsefa
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Susy
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gráficamente vemos la pelea entre la razón y la emoción, cerebro y corazón, con muy divertidas expresiones pero llenas de realismo. Mientras cerebro analiza, estudia, anota, piensa, el dulce y travieso corazón hace lo contrario.
Luis
Heart and Brain are two friends. Or perhaps, they are flatmates.

Despite their differences, they get on well and have fun together. Heart is a dreamer, somehow passionate about everything that comes across his mind, while Brain is quiet and sensible. Brain, in fact, is more interesting as a character as one can think from the beginning, because is always focusing on hard aspects - some of them, depressing too - and Heart acts as a counterweight, showing that life can't be taken so seriosuly.

Stor
Niki
CORAZÓN: ¡Oh, MADRE MÍA! ¡Mira las ESTRELLAS!
¡El universo es INFINITAMENTE BELLO!

CELEBRO: Es infinitamente INCOMPRENSIBLE.
Te puedes pasar la vida entera observándolo y no encontrar la respuesta que buscas.

CORAZÓN: !Pues todavía MEJOR!
Megan (ReadingRover)
I really like Heart and Brain but after a while I feel like the book kind of dragged on. I definitely enjoyed specific comics within the book but its not a book I would say I absolutely loved.
Hipatia Díaz
Reto Octubre:
Leer una novela gráfica/cómic

Tal vez fue la traducción, pero no me mató tanto como esperaba. Pero alguno que otro sí dio mucha risa!!!
A leer otros!!!
The Flooze
Even though Brain tells me I only really need to follow The Awkward Yeti's updates on one platform, Heart demands I follow them on Facebook and Tapastic and anywhere else I can find them.

"Otherwise you might MISS something! And we all know every comic makes you happy!"

Even Brain has problems fighting against that kind of logic...

Always adorable, ever insightful, The Awkward Yeti Collection illustrates our daily battle between whimsical notions and neurotic (or responsible-minded) fears. It's a
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
Aug 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
Love this webcomic. Need this book.

Rustlepaper
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome depiction of conversation happening within us!
Vikki
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love these comics!
Asriani
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, graphic-novel
Rasanya lebih lucu pas baca di BoredPanda.
LynnDee (The Library Lush)
Cute but nothing memorable.
Kate Tilton
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite comic series! I so relate to Brain and Heart too. This collection has some particularly good strips.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #119 Heart and Brain by Nick Seluk 1 3 Sep 21, 2015 08:12PM
  • Birding Is My Favorite Video Game: Cartoons about the Natural World From "Bird and Moon"
  • Breaking Cat News: Cats Reporting on the News that Matters to Cats
  • Pearls Freaks the #*%# Out: A (Freaky) Pearls Before Swine Treasury
  • The Potpourrific Great Big Grab Bag of Get Fuzzy
  • Lunarbaboon: The Daily Life of Parenthood
  • Dawn of the Bunny Suicides
  • Simon's Cat in Kitten Chaos (Simon's Cat, #3)
  • Kids Are Weird: And Other Observations from Parenthood
  • Fowl Language: The Struggle Is Real
  • Razzle Dazzle Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #4)
  • A Coyote Solstice Tale
  • The Middleman: The Collected Series Indispensability
  • Poorly Drawn Lines: Good Ideas and Amazing Stories
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 4: I Kissed a Squirrel and I Liked It
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 5: Boundaries
  • Light
  • Dream the Impossible Dream: Zen Pencils: Volume Two
  • The Little World of Liz Climo
Cartoonist behind The Awkward Yeti™.
Current comic series include Heart and Brain™, Lars, Medical Tales Retold, and a plethora of miscellaneous webcomics under The Awkward Yeti name.