Start by marking “One Tempting Proposal (Accidental Heirs, #2)” as Want to Read:
One Tempting Proposal (Accidental Heirs, #2)

One Tempting Proposal

(Accidental Heirs #2)

Becoming engaged? Simple. Resisting temptation? Impossible.

Published November 17th 2015 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about One Tempting Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Tempting Proposal

Start your review of One Tempting Proposal (Accidental Heirs, #2)
Sissy's Romance Book Review
This is book two in the "Accidental Heirs" series. I have read book one "One Scandalous Kiss" but I really did not see any reference to it or the characters in that book So I would say this is a standalone book and will have no problem reading it without the other one. Although book " One Scandalous Kiss " was really good too...so I would miss out on it. Sebastian Fennick is a newly found Duke. He has a sister and a best friend that is a "brother" to him. His best friend ask him to come to town ...more
Els
Sep 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF. I don’t know why but I just didn’t like it almost from the beginning of the book.
Amanda
“Sebastian saw more, past the polite grins and inane conversation she’d perfected. The notion of him seeing beyond her facade frightened and thrilled her. He’d find fault behind her walls, surely. Such a decent man would disdain all the pettiness and the imperfection she kept from view, but at least he would see her. She wanted him to. Stark honesty had never seemed possible with any man, but Sebastian was a different sort than she’d ever expected to meet.”

Before I get into the plot or roman
Natalie
3 star romance, gets half a star more for the heroine! (I wished more authors wrote heroines like this!)

He loved her, and she loved him. But she feared reaching out and embracing love. Loving him would change her, and for the better, but losing him would break her.

Ok so I loved a lot about this book, the characters, the romance. I loveeeeeeeed the heroine, Kat. Everyone is flawed, but usually HR heroines tend to be pretty perfect besides naivete or inexperience. Lady Katherine (or Kat) is not...
Annie
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourite-hrs
Every little moment between them was magic to read.
Nancy
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What's the phrase....."Oh, what a tangled web we weave....." Sebastian and Katherine did just that and fell head long into it. In order to get Katherine's father to permit her sister to marry Sebastian's friend Oliver they pretended that they wanted to marry. Then the fun began. This is a sweet story of developing feelings and love. I thoroughly enjoyed this story.
Mary
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Well written with a strong story and interesting characters. There is love, unrequited love and pretend love, along with a couple of antagonists. Five people within two families become tied together. Who ends up marrying who? You have to wait until the very end of the book to find out.
Wench
Dec 06, 2015 marked it as to-read
Avon Impulse was giving away free books for Valentine's Day 2016, and conveniently this was both on my to-read list and on their list of freebies!
Pam
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a fun story with the hero and heroine using deception to help others all in the name of love. This is the first book I have read from this author and I thoroughly enjoyed her voice; I will be looking for more from her in the future.

Kitty Adderly is the Marquess of Clayborne’s daughter and is about to start her sixth season. She has turned down several proposals over the years as she has no wish to marry. She has spent her entire life trying to dodge her father’s ill judgment and disappro
Rozzie
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
It seems that I have read one scandalous kiss by Ms. Christy Carlyle so many times that it now is one of my favorite books and despite how many times I read it there is just one minor female protagonist who is now the major protagonist in this book that I can’t help but dislike. Even though this book is in the same series I have started and stopped reading this book several times I wanted to finish this book no matter that I can’t stand the heroine in this novel. I felt bad that I couldn’t find ...more
Leone (She Reads too Much Romance)
Christy Carlyle delivered such a fun, romantic novel that I could not help except to fall in love with this story as well as the characters.

I was first introduced to the author earlier this year and I do not mind declaring that I have been hooked on her novels ever since. There is something extra special about a Carlyle novel that I just cannot find in any other writer and that something is the romance itself. I know that when I select a novel from the author I am going to get a breathtaking, st
Lisamariel
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars - So my situation with this book was that both characters were excellent, witty, sexy, confident, humble, considerate, the works. However, the plot lacked all sorts of interest. It was not terrible but it could have been much more fun and enjoyable versus the torture of two characters not crossing that line to be happy together. And the sister - Hattie - should have been exiled from the book because she was the worse character, the worse! So ungrateful and childish and ridiculous. Pipp ...more
Fawn
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just wanted to wrap this book around me like a blanket and snuggle in deep. What a delightfully charming story. Sebastian is the perfect man in being thoughtful to other peoples feelings while newly rich. Who could resist that? Kat is a young woman who knows what she doesn't want, trying to find her way out from under her dads rule, to discover what it is that she does want. The movement from POV of these two characters is done flawlessly. I really enjoyed the historic feel without it overwhel ...more
Midwest Romantic
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Much like the first book, One Scandalous Kiss, I was not disappointed! Christy yet again wrote a wonderful story with great characters.

Sebastian and Katherine are a blast and even though I didn’t always like the way that they were acting I still loved them and understood why they were that way. There were also quite a few other characters that had big parts and I loved them as well.

Overall a great story that kept me interested and another great book by Christy Carlyle!!

*I received a compliment
Joann Maggio
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
One Tempting Proposal Written by Christy Carlyle

Aside from the many machinations I found this book tedious. Far too long it could not hold my attention. The editing was very poorly done. The thought breaks and the chapter breaks were just ridiculous. Jumping from one unfinished scene to another.

I have read several of Ms Carlyle's book and this would have been a good story except for the improper editing and story continuity.
Julie Eichelberger-Ford
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One Tempting Proposal is about schemes that go wrong and love that goes right. Lady Kitty wants to help her sister marry the man of her dreams but her father said that Kitty must marry first. Sebastian wants to help his friend marry the woman of his dreams, Kitty's sister. Sebastian and Kitty agree to a fake betrothal until the other couple marries but their courtship develops into a love that neither expected. This is a great story.
Becky
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a really cute historical, I loved the characters and while the plot was pretty typical it was still entertaining. I know it is a good book when I am late to return from lunch because I can't put it down. It was funny and had good side characters as well. I would recommend this to my patrons.
Wendy Tavenner
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved the 2nd book!! Lady Katherine's father s making her marry after 5 seasons. She must wed before her sister, if she doesn't choose someone her father will wed her to Lord Ponsby who is older than her father!! She pretends a fake engagement with Sebastian the new Duke of Wrexford since his best friend wants to marry Katherine's sister!! A fun, loving read with a great ending!!
suzi
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it
A bit like 'Taming of the Shrew'. I liked it though I would have liked more moments getting to know moments between Seb and Kat. I do like the side characters too and I'm impatiently waiting for their book.

edit: awww, next book's not about any of the side characters :(
Callie
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. The characters were well developed and warm. I cared about them. I always love it when the smart girl gets the guy.
Destiny
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This book was okay as far as romance goes. The characters are cliche and the plot is entirely predictable. That said, it was a quick, fun read and I would recommend it to those who enjoy the genre.
BlebeTanja
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
So boring. It dragged on for me like you wouldn't believe it! I skimmed the majority of the book, searching for anything that might catch my interest but the characters were so bland and unremarkable, the plot was weak and the "plot twists" were something out of a 12 year old's imagination. Wild and unrealistic.
Sandcastles
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: blah
I liked that heroine this time was flawed... slightly cynical and caustic...not kind. Yet I didn't feel anything develop between the two main characters. The hero feels lust for most part and not much else... his rationale at the end for liking her is look warm... most of the book is Luke Warm.
Barbara A. Higgins
This story deserved a higher rating, and I'd have given one if it had been edited. I lost track of the misused, misspelled and missing words when the count went over one hundred. Line editing is cheap and efficient; there's no excuse for these errors in a published manuscript.
Katy
Jan 22, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5
This book was definitely unique.
This genre is full of a certain kind of heroine. She has perfect hair. Sometimes its a rebellious red, but mostly, its spun gold, or shimmering auburn. Then there's the eyes. They always sparkle. Then of course there's the figure. It is either lush and curvy or slight and feminine. From there we move on to the personality. It's always somewhere between the quiet ones (bookish and misunderstood, just waiting for the right man to bring them out of their shells)
Sam Atkinson
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another nice read from this author.
Patricia Wissore
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book! Another winner in this series!
Elizabeth
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Very poorly placed sex scene amidst context that cries out for anything but unprotected sex. Deus ex machina to resolve a potential scandal. I liked the characters but little else.
RomLibrary
Becoming engaged? Simple. Resisting temptation? Impossible.

Sebastian Fennick, the newest Duke of Wrexford, prefers the straightforwardness of mathematics to romantic nonsense. When he meets Lady Katherine Adderly at the first ball of the season, he finds her as alluring as she is disagreeable. His title may now require him to marry, but Sebastian can't think of anyone less fit to be his wife, even if he can't get her out of his mind.

After five seasons of snubbing suitors and making small talk,
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Dec 01, 2015 05:40AM

• The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
  • Dangerous (The Outcasts, #1)
  • The Earl Takes a Fancy (Sins for All Seasons, #5)
  • Governess Gone Rogue (Dear Lady Truelove, #3)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #5)
  • The Duke Buys a Bride (The Rogue Files, #3)
  • When the Marquess Was Mine (The Wagers of Sin, #3)
  • An Earl Like You (The Wagers of Sin, #2)
  • Someone to Remember (Westcott #6.5)
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
  • A Dangerous Kind of Lady (Longhope Abbey, #2)
  • The Rogue of Fifth Avenue (Uptown Girls, #1)
  • A Midsummer Kiss (Kiss the Wallflower #1)
  • Project Duchess (Duke Dynasty, #1)
  • The Rogue to Ruin (Misadventures in Matchmaking, #3)
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • How the Duke Was Won (The Disgraceful Dukes, #1)
  • The Most Eligible Lord in London (The Lords of London #1)
Fueled by Pacific Northwest coffee and inspired by multiple viewings of every British costume drama she can get her hands on, USA Today bestselling author Christy Carlyle writes sensual historical romance set in the Victorian era. She loves heroes who struggle against all odds and heroines who are ahead of their time. A former teacher with a degree in history, she finds there's nothing better than ...more

Accidental Heirs (3 books)
  • One Scandalous Kiss (Accidental Heirs, #1)
  • One Dangerous Desire (Accidental Heirs, #3)

News & Interviews

“The man’s hands had a terrible unsettling power over her. He didn’t brush or lightly graze her skin. He stroked her, caressed her, as if he wished to give her pleasure rather than take his own.” 1 likes