Start by marking “Fruit of Misfortune (Creatura, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fruit of Misfortune (Creatura, #2)

Fruit of Misfortune

(Creatura #2)

Isis' goals for the future included things like attending and graduating college. However, becoming a monster wasn't part of the plan. Isis and her boyfriend, David, are on the brink of a horrible transformation and they are eager to stop it. Together, they set out on a quest to Greece to find Isis' biological father—the only person that may be able to help them. Their jou ...more
Paperback
Published June 16th 2015 by Clean Teen Publishing (first published April 28th 2014)

Bianca
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me kick off this review by saying that I was the 1st person to rate ‘Fruit of Misfortune’ on GoodReads, and I feel very honored and happy to be able to do it. Nely, thank you so much for alowing me to read this book right after you sent it to the editor. You can’t imagine what this means to me, and I thank you for that.

The fact that Nely sent me a copy of the book has nothing to do with the rating or with the review. This is my honest review and opinion about a book I read, and m relationshi
Caro
May 01, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-romance, read-2014
Let's start this review by saying that I can't believe I waited 3 YEARS to read this book. Three years is a long time to wait for any book, and I at least expected the book to be awesome. It wasn't, but I'll get around to that later.

I'll start with the cover.
When the first volume in this series, Creatura, was first published in 2011, it looked like this:

The art was done by the author herself and I believe the delicate tree in vivid red and dark brown on a papyrus-style ground was both new and t
Maribel Platypire Reviews
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.***

There is so much I want to say and so much that I CAN'T! When it came to reading the end of the book, I had some colorful words for Nely, because how could she just leave us hanging like that?! I want, no, NEED the third book of this series, like now! But, I have to admit I'm enjoying this feeling of anticipation that cliffhangers always give me.

Now that you know the ending made me upset (in a good way, haha), let's get on w
Elisabeth Kauffman
I just finished editing this manuscript and all I can say is, "Well done, Nely." Your fans are in for a treat!
Amber Addison
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Fruit of Misfortune is an amazing continuation of a series that is just so new and different, that I encourage everyone to pick it up. In the second book, Isis is turning into what she was born to be (spoiler free, vague statement there), and she's bringing David along for the ride, though not completely willingly. She's at an age where she knows what love is, but isn't ready to say that any one thing is forever - and man can I relate! At 18, I was the same way - and it's so refreshing to read a
Joood Hooligan
I was given a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

First of all, I would like it known that I waited almost two years for this book. I had hyped myself up for it, so there were a lot of high expectations on my part.

This book did not disappoint.

There were several new characters, and they all fit right into the story. Although I would like it known that I shall refer to Eros as "buttface" until he proves himself otherwise.

I both liked and wanted to smack Isis in this
Alisha Webster
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you've read the first book (which I'm hoping you have if you're reading this review), you know the first book leaves off on a huge cliffhanger. I have wondered multiple times what happens but I didn't have a copy of this book! I'm glad I finally got the chance to read it after I grabbed a copy from the library(No thanks to Judith from Platypire reviews, ya jerk :P ).

To my surprise, I enjoyed this book more than the first; I haven't had that happen in a long time. The new characters introduced
K.R. Wilburn
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
I made no secret about how much I loved Creatura and if I'm being honest, I was afraid that the second book-like many before it- would fall flat. I shouldn't have worried. Fruit of Misfortune continues the story of the Creatura Isis and her greek god boyfriend, David, this time in Greece while they look for Isis' father and try to find answers before their transformation is complete and their death warrants are signed.

The introduction of new characters creates new drama and intrigue for the pai
Tonya
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fruits of Misfortune is part two in the Creature series. And Nely Cab has done it again, by writing an awesome story that ends in a cliffhanger. I love the cover and how the story unfolds. I do however hate that I can't read the third book NOW! :) Thanks for another great read.
Bogdan Oprea
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes!! This is how I imagine a perfect 2nd book of a series! Congrats Nely!
Shelley (Bella)
Free falling... still trying to wrap my head around all that has transpired. Review to come.
Jessie
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
woah omg!! review coming soon
Helen Stokes wilhelm
Just finished reading it and I thought it was really good,way better then the first book in the series. Was kind of sad and surprised at how the book ended can't wait till the next book comes out !
D.K. Davis
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fruit of Misfortune by Nely Cab
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Clean Teen Publishing
First Sentence: The monster was still submerged deep inside of me.

Review:
The relationship between Isis Martin and David Chios spins a web of contentment…but will it last now that Eros Lamoureux, a good friend of David’s, enters the picture.

I read Ms. Cab’s first book and was not disappointed with the second in the Creatura Series – another part of this story that I turned into a complete glutton and consumed
Crystal
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Creatura series and book 1 (Creatura) needs to be read first. Isis has found out the truth about herself and what she really is. Traveling with David to Greece, Isis sets out to locate her biological father and get information from him.
While in Greece, Isis becomes gravely ill and needs treatment. New characters are introduced, doctors, gangsters, and new gods and goddesses, bringing new concerns for not only Isis and David, but also for David’s family as well.
Thi
DreamsAndScrems Bookaholics
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it

This
Marley
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ummmm

I really expected more from this book. I found myself dropping off wanting to read it and then need to skip and skim. I did skim some but I didn't skip. It honestly didn't get good for me till Galilea entered the book. Fav character by far! Isis had me scratching my head quite a few times. Eros I'll save for book 3 review.
Gladys Avilés
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm starting book 3 now! I am so exited about reading it!
My favorite character of the second one is Galilea!!! She is so damn good and awesome! Wow!

Did not like the end because I've been crying for David over and over again... Hope to see a little bit of love between David and Isis on the prequel!
Alexandra
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice turn of events 😊❤
Chebutiu Tunde
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Because it's a very successful book
Nitu
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best book I have read ever....just love it
Courtney Whittamore- The Moral of our Stories
In Nely Cab’s Creatura series, everything you thought you knew about dreams and love will be turned upside down and inside out with the turn of every page.
Fruit of Misfortune is the second book in the Creatura series and picks up immediately after one heck of a cliff hanger, one that, as a reader, took my breath away and left me incredibly grateful that I already had the next installment on hand. Isis has always been in control of her dreams, until one day her dreams reached out and took contro
Lynn Worton
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Creatura series. I LOVED IT!

Isis Martin is not a normal teen. After finding out that she is a Creatura - a being created when an immortal and a human have children - Isis is determined to track down her father to find out what she is transforming into.

I have been dying to read this book ever since I read Creatura, and went into shock after the cliffhanger at the end of the book (my jaw literally dropped and I had to re-read the ending three times!). It has been a l
Desiree Putaski
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book one, Creatura, left me with a HUGE book hangover! Normally if I know ahead of time I am going to have to deal with that kind of ending, I will put off a series until all the books are out. I’m just not that patient a person. But, since I received Creatura as part of a giveaway and promised to give an honest review on it… I gave it a shot. I posted my review for Creatura a few days ago (http://bookie-monster.com/2014/04/cre...) and after a very long wait…. I give you Fruit of Misfortune, boo ...more
Rachel
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I started the Creatura series last year because it was a recommendation from booktuber I follow. I read the synopsis and realized it was about mythology and since I love stuff like that I gave it a go. I Creatura was really good and I knew I had to get the other books in the series as soon as they were released. Later on that year the second book in the Creatura series, Fruit of Misfortune came out and I got it right away, I was planning on reading it especially after I read the cliffhanger endi ...more
Stephenee
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
* I received an ebook in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. *

This is book 2 in the series and it picks up right where book 1 left off. You should read book 1 before starting this one as you will need to know what has happened in order to understand the progression of the story. Author Nely Cab didn't disappoint the reader at all with this book - sometimes the anticipation of the next book overshadows the actual book but not this time! This time the anticipation actually made it sweeter
Autumn
Its been awhile since I had David Chios in my hands.. And let me tell you he was missed and still very missed. As Fruits of Misfortune was more Isis’s story than anything else. Though its been awhile for me since the Creatura in FOM we start of very close to where we left off. Isis and David are on the hunt for her father and answers.. How can they stop what shes becoming?

I dont like Isis, I just dont. And im not even going to apologize for that.. Could be it my super book crush on David…. Well
TheBookLion
description

Woah...what...waiiiit..wait a second!
He just left... WHAT!

Let's start with the beginning, shall we?! Obviously.
Things were cheesy, sweet between Isis and David. I nearly got diabetes reading about them, cosy with each other and then BAM!!!!!! Enter the God of love and lust.

I don't trust Eros. How could he just fell in love? For a while I thought he got turpis in him or something. Sometimes he's charming and then irritated af. Even David lost his cool now and then. Though with Isis' persisten
Sara
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
*This book was provided by the publisher/author for an honest review*

Fruits of Misfortune, the second book in the Creatura Series by Nely Cab started off so amazingly that I thought I would die of excitement. The first book was a really fresh and interesting YA debut. It went on my favorite YA list and trust me, it's hard to make that list.

Isis was a strong and believable heroine, going through a terrible transformation, and David was unique in the fact that he was a sweet and gentle soul, not
Sara
A few years ago I read and reviewed the first book Creatura, and I remember that I liked it because I loved the aspect of Greek mythology that was incorporated into the story. I thought Isis was an interesting character, and I felt there was chemistry between her and David. Fruit of Misfortune, the second book, picks up shortly after the end of book one. I really enjoyed the second book as well.

While I still like Isis as a character, in this book, she frustrated me a little in what I would consi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Jamb  (Cornerstone, #3)
  • Dressed in White
  • Ascension (Gryphon #4)
  • Golden
  • Your Exception
  • Timeless (Immortal Love, #1)
  • Winter Sparrow
  • Embracing the Flames (The Born in Flames Trilogy Book 2)
  • Hot Redemption
  • Thunderstorm (Daughters of Eden, #1)
  • The Satyr's Curse (The Satyr's Curse #1)
  • Finding Hope (Pool of Souls, #2)
  • The Unraveling of Avery Snow (The Past Lives, #2)
  • Lucifer (Sons of Old Trilogy, #1)
  • Three Days of Rain
  • New Point (Point, #1)
  • The Singing River (Legend #1)
  • Paranormal Days Gone Awry

Nely Cab is a Writer of stuff, a Master Coffee Drinker, a Food Maker & Eater, an Imaginary World Conqueror, and an Air Breather. She talks to herself—a lot—in her South Texas home while she plots stories about fantasy worlds and sips coffee from a pitcher. She’s known for cooking far too much food and has a tendency to overdo…well, everything. It is rumored that she's fabulous. Nely Cab is the

Creatura (3 books)
  • Creatura (Creatura, #1)
  • Marker of Hope (Creatura, #3)
“The monster was still submerged deep inside of me.” 0 likes