Start by marking “Fisher's Light (Fisher's Light #1)” as Want to Read:
Fisher's Light (Fisher's Light #1)

Fisher's Light

(Fisher's Light #1)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  7,827 ratings  ·  1,080 reviews
Fisher,
I guess this is it, huh? After fourteen years together, starting a life of our own on this island, five deployments and countless letters I’ve written you through it all, I finally go out to the mailbox and see something I’ve always dreamed of: an envelope with your handwriting on it. For one moment, I actually thought you’d changed your mind, that all the awful th
Published March 22nd 2015 (first published March 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Fisher's Light, please sign up.
Lauren McCrabb It actually various. In the presence the male is 32 the female is 30,

but there are flashbacks (done so amazing) back to various ages of…more
It actually various. In the presence the male is 32 the female is 30,

but there are flashbacks (done so amazing) back to various ages of 16, 21 and various time throughout their 14 year relationship (they started dating when she was 16, he was 18)(less)

·  7,827 ratings  ·  1,080 reviews

Aestas Book Blog
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

“You and me against the world. It’s always been you and me, and it always will be.”

WOW. WOW. WOW!! I finished this incredible book with my heart overflowing with emotions. I was captivated from the first page and was unable to put it down until the end! This was exactly the kind of book I most LOVE to read! A heart-wrenching, achingly beautiful story of true love spanning 15 years. It's a second chance military romance and one of the best books I've ever read. Everyone should read it!!

5+ STARS!!

Fr
Mo
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
OK, don't shoot me. Three stars meant I liked it... No way was it a 4 or 5 star for me. PTSD is hard. An old friend of ours who fought in Vietnam had an "incident" one night when we were out in the pub. He literally fell to the floor, crawled under the table shouting "Charlie 5". It was quite disturbing.

TBH, I thought he was quite immature. Yes, he had a tough time in the Marines but he treated her like shite ...

Just felt it all fell together too easily in the end. One Big Happy Family.

I, for one, love
Christy
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars!

photo 442743c7-7793-44e9-bf23-a4dc6735569d_zpsx56z1wrx.jpg

This Tara Sivec book is so different from any book of hers I’ve read, but it’s my favorite of hers by far. Her best work to date in my opinion. I loved the emotion, the second chance romance and the military aspect. I loved it all. This was a very special romance for me.

Fisher and Lucy were high school sweethearts who married young. They were so in love and happy. Fisher is in the military. Even though his family has a lot of money, he felt like he needed to do this. To serve his cou
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
***Unpopular Opinion Alert***

Drunkenly edited to add one additional "nugget of fun" at the end for those, like me, who have some extra time to waste invest today...

I liked this book.

So don’t get it twisted.

However...

I did not love this book.

*brushing off stoning rocks*

Now...

Imma let chu finish Taylor Swift but, before anyone thinks I am suffering from a case of “mega hype = too high expectations"…lemme ‘splain Lucy (hahaha, Lucy, get it? Sorry. Geez, be an adult Val).

You might be right.

But I doubt it.

While I couldn't have missed all the hype, I did purposefully avoid reading any in depthbook.
SoAlert***
Drunkenly
Kristen
3 Stars

“I kept my promise. I found my way back to you and I will ALWAYS find my way back to you, no matter where I go, forever..."

I loved the first half of this book. It had the perfect blend of everything I love in an angsty, emotional romance. Unfortunately, the second half of the story fell short of my expectations and didn’t live up to the hype. That said, I still enjoyed this book.
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"I'll always find my way back to her."

description

This book maybe my favorite Tara Sivec book to date! This is a second change romance that totally wowed me. You have one tormented war veteran and one devoted military wife and you add alcoholism, a severe case of PTSD and sadly things deteriorate very quickly for this couple. Your heart will go out to Lucy and Fisher.

”I became a different man.

A dangerous man.

A suicidal man.”

This story is told in dual povs as well as skillfully entwining the couple’s back story
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4.5 stars!

description

My first reaction after finishing this book – WOW! And then I curled up in my bed, letting the story just sink in and running scenes through my head that made me smile and cry hard. This book was an epic love story in every way, capturing beautiful highs of a couple so in love with each other, baring the ugly lows when the unexpected bl
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 Stars

I’m going to fix this. I have to fix this… I hate every moment that I’m away from her, but I will do whatever it takes to find the man she once loved and bring him back to her.”

When I first read that blurb, I knew that this was going to be one of those books for me. The soul crushing, gut wrenching, make you hurt so good just to put you back together kind of books. And you knowclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Catarina
4 Beautiful Stars.

description

Lucy and Fisher fell in love in their island many years ago. They married and they thought it would be forever. But Fisher was a Marine and war changed him.. And he didn’t realized that everything changed with him. So when he comes home with PTSD he doesn’t want to show his weakness, he doesn’t want help. So he pushes away everyone and everything he loves. Even Lucy, the woman who loved him through everything.
He said he would always find his way to her, but sometimes in order to f
Brandi
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing

4.5 Stars

description

I knew I was going to love this book. The blurb alone had me anxious to start. I love books that make me hurt, gut-wrenching emotion, angst, sign me up. Fisher's Light did not disappoint. I found myself completely wrapped up in Lucy and Fisher's love story.

"I couldn’t tell the difference between dreams and reality. I became a different man.
A dangerou
story.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 EMOTIONAL STARS

You and me against the world, Fisher. It’s always been you and me, and it always will be.” Such a beautiful, powerful, emotional and intense book!! Lucy and Fisher's story touched me on so many levels!I loved them both and I felt their love, their pain and their loss.This book is about second chances and forgiveness!Tara Sivec has a unique way of writing her stories and I really enjoyed her style. I haven't read a book by her prior to this book but I'm going to be checking out her othe
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

description

“How many people get a second chance at love with the only person they’ve ever held in their heart?”

Did you ever feel like a part of your heart has been ripped out of your chest? That’s exactly how I felt at times reading this wonderful story. 'Fisher’s Light' is a beautiful, gut wrenching, touching story about life, love, war, forgiveness, redemption and last, but not least the power of love. It’s a story not only about second chancesStars
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

3 Over-the-top drama Stars!

Nicky Sparks, you ain't got nothing on the romantic drama in this baby. Prep yourselves boys and girls, because this review isn't all hearts and flowers.

Let me also preface this with the fact that Fisher's Light was all over my feed when I bought it. The book blurb promised me an angsty emotional book and let's just say I LOVE to cry in a tortuously emotional read. Let's also say that I DID NOT CRY. Not even close. Having that out of the way, onto my rant review.

photo 81B2C84C-6105-4096-B580-C15588B1FFF8_zpsmnmloyyy.gif

Fish
Mysza
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This will be short cause I'm kinda lazy tonight. I liked it but I didn't love it. It was ok, good story, important topic (PTSD) entwined, nice love story and some steam, but it didn't impress me that much. The first half was solid 5 stars, but then it lost my interest slowly. The ending was too "sweet", everything just fell so quickly into place. And call me cynical bitch, but I didn't cry this time.
Would I recommend it? Yes
Will I reread it someday? No

PS. I was thinking about second
Geri Reads
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A heart-wrenching story of a broken soldier and his faithful wife. It reminded me of the story of Odysseus and Penelope in Homer's Odyssey. But this one was a little bit more heart-wrenching because every time Fisher comes home to his island and his Lucy, he comes back a little more broken.

What struck me about this book wasn't the PTSD per se, but the sacrifices these families make when one of them choose to serve their country. The agony of waiting and then dealing with PTSD was hard to read b
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 3.75 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I’m going to remind her why we’re perfect for each other. I’m going to show her that there’s no one else on this earth who can love her like I can.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

That blurb, I am a total sucker for a second chance at love story. So, of course I had to read this one right away.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"There's a light that guides all of us to where we're meant to be. You're meant to be with me, Lucy. Please...b
away.
class="gr-hostedUserImg">
Polly
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars!!

Holy shit this book!

I'm not going to go in depth with what happened in this book. I'm not that type of reviewer. I just want to say I really feel that everyone should give this one a shot.

The FEELINGs!! I had tears in my eyes almost all the way through. Tears of anger, tears of heartache, and tears of happiness.

People think I'm a stone cold bitch and well you know this one broke down my walls.

This is a book about building yourself up again
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
☆☆4.5 "The Light in My Darkness" Stars☆☆

"I kept my promise. I found my way back to you and I will ALWAYS find my way back to you, no matter where I go, forever."
-Fisher

I love married couple stories and this one was no different. Gosh there's just something about fighting for that second chance at love! From the very first moment I opened this book I've experienced a kaleidoscope of emotions. This was an intense ride and it doesn't let up until the final pages of the epilogue. And let me tell you/>
Wendy'sThoughts
Recommends it for: Tara Sivec Fan, Romance
Recommended to Wendy'sThoughts by: Jennifer Kyle
3.5 The Sacrifices We Make
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
I have been very fortunate in my life. I have not been touched directly by the horrors of war. I have mentioned in reviews my past work with Veterans. To assist these dedicated individuals has been a personal honor.

In Fisher's Light, I was aware of the premise and dove in with an open mind.

The story used the idea of each characters' POVs and covered different times in the relationship. We had the end of the relationship, the back story as to why an
Vanessa
3- Totally wasn't what I thought it was gonna be, and not in a good way - STARS!!

photo Fishers Light Casting_zpspg0tkw0e.jpg

Goodness...well, if you're like me, then you'll agree that the 3-star reviews are by far the most difficult to write. I was super excited about this book. It was over-powering every single one of my feeds everywhere this past week. Second-chance romance is one of my very fave sub-genres, as is a battered hero, so I was all over this book like white on rice! The blurb totally hooked me and all I kept hearing were things
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Fact: I only wanted to read this because all my friend's were talking about how much it made them cry.

Fiction: I cried my heart out!

description

Fact: I really was impressed with Tara Sivec's ability to write a more dramatic type romance since I've only read her hilarious series, Chocolate Lovers.

description

Fiction: I LOVE military story lines but I thought TS could've done a better job and written more about Fisher's military history.

Fact: You know what they say about getting what you wish for...well, I loved having both POVs but sometimes it felt like too muchistory.
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
“4.5 stars”
description
There are two kinds of romance novel - A) two people falling in love which they wouldn’t realize/admit until half of the book and B) two people falling out of love and the whole book is about fighting for what belongs to them and finding their way back to each other.

I’m a huge sucker for the latter! And Fisher’s Light is all about it. There’s something he
Vilma Iris
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gripping and emotional second chance romance.

"I should have realized that she was my light. She was everything bright and beautiful about my life and it went to shit after she left."

Tara Sivec delivers her best non-comedic novel (and arguably best work to date) in this heart-wrenching tale about love, war, second chances and forgiveness. The story gripped me immediately, drawing me in to the swirl of sadness and regret that bled off the page. Fisher and Lucy's story is rife with complication. It's/>
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
3 stars
I am a sucker for second chance romances and so disappointed this one did not move me.

Fisher's Light was a truly emotional read, but the protagonists actions/dialogue were too immature for their age. I felt as if I was reading a high school romance rather than a couple in their thirties. I appreciate Fisher's issues and what he endured after his discharge from the Marines, but he was too cruel. He came off as a major douche - the way he pushed Lucy out of his life was unforgivable
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“No matter what, I will always find my way back to you.”

The hardest thing to do when you find a book you end up loving body and soul is not to turn your review into an ode to the author and all the ways her words have moved you, thrilled you, inspired you, but I fear that I will fail miserably by the end of this review because this book took my breath away, and made me fall in love all over again with Tara Sivec’s spellbinding writing style. Heartfelt, gut-wrenching, romantic—this is a story that en
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 3.5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I am so conflicted about this book!

Fisher’s Light was one of my most expected book release this month because… Tara Sivec.

I loved her writing and completely goofy characters in Seduction and Snacks… The love story and comical situations complementing each other perfectly, making it a nice and feel good read. But I also enjoyed her writing in a less comical style, "A Beautiful Li
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Well...I didn't cry! Don't know what that says about me though!

To begin, I have loved Tara Sivec for a long time as no one can bring the heat and the LOL quite as well as she can. This book, however, is quite a departure from what I have come to expect from her.

Fisher's Light is deep emotional read. A forever kind of love that NEEDS a second chance. This is one of those reads that is beautiful yet broken. This is a story of young love, a real hard fought war, and survival against all odds. This is the story of Fishe
Anas Attic  Book Blog

Fisher's Light by Tara Sivec

Standalone, Adult Contemporary
Wow. Tara Sivec is a genius. From laugh-your-ass-off funny, to new adult sobfest, to action romance, to utter perfection. That was Fisher's Light . It was pure genius. Tara can write anything, and the key, I think, are the real, relatable characters she writes. They are your best friend, your neighbor, your brother, your husband. Tara doesn't need to write billionaires, doms, rock stars, bikers or stepbrothers, she writes about real people. And none more real than
Malene
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wanted angst, heartbreak, romance and all consuming love and Fisher’s Light delivered. This story was so emotional and at times very real that I couldn’t control my emotions. Fisher’s struggle with PTSD and panic attacks, after been deployed overseas 5 times, was depicted with an authenticity that made my heart break for him and Lucy. They fought like crazy in their own ways to save their marriage and each other. It was painful and heartbreaking.

I loved Fisher and Lucy. He was flawed but dete
Anna
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What's wrong with me ? This type of book I normally gobble up .....but it took me a hot minute to finish !!! The beginning hurt me and I put the book in time out for three days !!!! I'm finally finished. I didn't love it as I had hoped .....even though the story was beautiful..... The writing was amazing ...... It just missed that something something to move me to tears and shout to the rooftops !

• Running Barefoot
  • Closer to the Edge (Playing with Fire, #4)
  • Kane's Hell
  • Where One Goes (Where One Goes, #1)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The Complete Emi Lost & Found Series (Lost & Found, #0.5-#3)
  • Finding Eden
  • Fighting Redemption
  • Captured
  • Gravity
  • Vanguard
  • Broken Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #3)
  • The Five Stages of Falling in Love
  • Coming Home
  • Vital Sign
  • Don't Let Go
  • Here with Me (The Archer Brothers, #1)
  • Losing Me Finding You (Losing Me Finding You, #1)
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her
“Loving you meant loving every part of you, the good and the bad, the easy and the hard.” 14 likes
“You are always the light in my darkness. You’re the reason I’m alive, you’re the reason I’m here and you’re the reason I breathe, every day.” 10 likes