Start by marking “El reino (La reina del cementerio, # 2)” as Want to Read:
El reino (La reina del cementerio, # 2)

El reino

(Graveyard Queen #2)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  7,467 Ratings  ·  924 Reviews
El Reino es el segundo libro de la serie La reina del cementerio. Tras aceptar un trabajo de restauración en Asher Falls, Carolina del Sur, lo devastado que está este pueblo le llega al corazón a Amelia, así como el lamentable estado de los dos cementerios que allí se encuentran, uno de los cuales quedó hundido bajo las aguas. La pequeña ciudad, rodeada de lagos y montañas ...more
Published February 10th 2015 by rocabolsillo (first published March 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about El reino, please sign up.
Lynda You will have to either purchase the ebook or the actual book online or at a store that sells them. You can also see if your local library has the…moreYou will have to either purchase the ebook or the actual book online or at a store that sells them. You can also see if your local library has the book you wish to read and borrow it from them. Goodreads keeps track of books for you but does not provide them to the members.(less)

Mada Linx
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmmm....

I don’t know how I feel about this one. I did enjoy it, the story was very terrifying and scary, loads of new mysteries on the horizon, some answered questions, like who Amelia is and why is she the way she is, but I got lost sometimes. Maybe I wasn’t paying attention, or maybe it wasn’t explained properly, but some things didn’t make quite sense to me.

Well, overall, it was a good read and I’ll continue with the series.
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Something was seriously amiss in this town. I’d felt it the moment I crossed Bell Lake. The shadows seem deeper, the nights longer, the secrets older. Even the wind felt different here.

In The Kingdom, second book in The Graveyard Queen series, Amelia Gray is called to restore the local cemetery in Asher Falls, South Carolina, and she gladly accepts, hoping that some time away will help put emotional distance between her and John Devlin, the haunted police detective she desperately lov
Rane

The isolated kingdom surrounded by water- looms heavy over the town that once blossom, now cloaked by darkness and evil. And there underneath the water lays stone angels and the graves of those of the unrest as they walk among the living looking for peace and justice.

The Kingdom takes place a few months after the events of The Restorer, with the focus on a past unknown to even Amelia Gray. Amanda Stevens turns up the dial on the spooky and suspense level. First and foremost with The Restorer th
♥Rachel♥
Much better than the first one! There wasn't much of a romance, in my opinion, because I didn't think Thane Asher would usurp Devlin's place in Amelia's heart.

The mystery was well plotted and I while I did guess pretty early on what was going on, it was satisfying to be in the know. I have to say, there were some pretty terrible people here! Very sad what selfish people were willing to do. Thankfully, there was some just retribution. I thought The Kingdom was way spookier than The Restorer; the
Pepa
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Excepto las últimas 50 páginas la autora no ha sabido atraparme en la historia. Seguro que cosa mía, dadas las buenas críticas que tiene la novela.
No he entendido muchas cosas.... esa relación con Thane... (no recuerdo si se escribe así) ¿con esas escenas que ni merecen comentarse entre ambos, no sé si tanto sigue pensando en Devlin sería para ella les diera suficiente importancia, no? Y ese responsable de todo_!!! No sé, como si ella, que no tiene pareja necesitara excusas... esa moraleja no me
Maria Clara
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Una serie increíble! Única! Realmente poco puedo decir o añadir sobre lo ya dicho, pero la autora consigue con esta segunda parte un relato más oscuro y siniestro, capaz de hacernos sentir el mal que asola en Asher Falls. Mágico!
Susana
This story really disappointed me.
Honestly, I was expecting a whole lot more from this...
After reading the first volume, Amelia's strange characterization no longer came as a surprise. But while on the first story, the mystery kept me from dwelling on a "couple of things" that I just found irritating; in this one, the mystery wasn't all that interesting...and not all that mysterious.

If the book were to be evaluated only on account of his "photography" aspect,its so called atmosphere and scenari
Lisa Kay
The Blue Ridge Parkway near Asheville, North Carolina. One can see why these mountains got their name.

★★★★ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Khristine Hvam continues the narration of Amanda Stevens’s eerie mystery series. She does an excellent job reading this in first person POV as Amelia Gray, a cemetery restorer. Her Southern accent is perfection, as well as her cadence, tone, inflection, enunciation, and her ability to different voices. There is a reason Ms. Hvam was on my Top Ten Audio
AH
I fell in love with this series after I read The Restorer. The second book in the series, The Kingdom continues Amelia Gray’s story. Amelia is a young woman who has an unlikely occupation: she restores old and abandoned cemeteries. The Kingdom finds Amelia commissioned to restore the Thorngate Cemetery in the town of Asher Falls, South Carolina.

Asher Falls is nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is an isolated town and the population is eccentric. They seem friendly, but some
Kira
May 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Amelia wanted to escape her problems in Charleston. A chance to escape arose when a cemetery needed to be restored in a small, isolated town. Most of the people there weren’t friendly, and everyone had secrets they were keeping. Something about the town wasn’t right.

I like this book although I still think it’s the worst book in the series. It was odd having the second book in the series take place in a new setting with a whole new cast of characters except for Amelia. These characters
Litzy
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amo a esta mujer. Me encanta como escribe y sus historias. aunque extrañe a Devlin.
Jenny Q
Jun 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars. The Restorer was one of my favorite books of 2011 and I was anxiously awaiting it's sequel. The Kingdom did not disappoint. The spook factor begins on page one, as Amelia makes her way to the remote town of Asher Falls to restore the small town's cemetery. Amelia's grateful for the change in scenery. She needs a break from Charleston, from the events of the past few months, and she's running away from the man she loves, John Devlin, and the ghosts that haunt him.

But Asher Falls turns
Inés Izal
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, grupo-lc
Pese a tener un inicio muy lento (demasiado para mi gusto), la autora sabe solucionarlo con ese aire misterioso y tenebroso que hace que no te despegues de sus páginas.
La parte del gran misterio ya intuía por donde iban a ir los tiros, pero me ha gustado muchísimo ese giro del final, ha descuadrado todos mis esquemas.
Pero sigo diciendo lo mismo, siento como que Amanda mete mucha paja a la historia y luego todo lo soluciona en las últimas páginas.
Le doy el 4 por el ambiente y por la forma de es
Annalisa
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Sulla copertina c'è scritto: "Spettrale, inquietante, grandioso. Da pelle d'oca."... beh, avevano proprio ragione!
L'ho adorato anche più del precedente volume ♡
In questo secondo libro vengono alla luce i misteri relativi alla nascita di Amelia: il suo collegamento con Asher Falls, chi sono i suoi veri genitori...
Un libro che mi ha presa dalla prima all'ultima pagina!
☕ Kimberly
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 I am totally in love with the Graveyard Queen series! It has all of the elements I love in a good urban fantasy. We have excellent characters, a little paranormal woo-woo and lots of mystery and suspense. I totally want to be a cemetery restorer now! The Kingdom delivers a creepy-tasitc tale and is perfect for fall.

The tale picks up shortly after the Restorer ends and Amelia Gray has accepted a commission to restore Thorngate cemetery located in Asher Falls, South Carolina. She is happy for
Laura the Highland Hussy
Read my review on Demon Lover's

In Asher Falls, the cemetery was flooded when the river was dammed up. Now the townsfolk are living with the aftermath.

"...around here we call it Bell Lake."
"Why?"
"In the old days, coffins were equipped with a warning system-a chain attached to a bell on the grave in case of a premature burial. They say at night, when the mist rolls in, you can hear those bells."

Amelia hears those bells. She hears them every time there is a mist, and with that mist is a spirit
Jonetta
Amelia Gray is commissioned to restore a cemetery in Asher Falls, South Carolina, not far from Charleston. From the moment she steps on the ferry that will take her to that destination, Amelia begins to sense a personal connection and something unsettling about this place.

As with the first book, there is an odd, intriguing mix of eeriness, Southernness and romance at play that just works. Amelia is immediately swept up into the politics and personalities of Asher Falls, all the while feeling a
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
I read The Restorer more than two years ago and every time I thought of reading the next I remembered the level of angst in the first book. On the one hand, what a hell was I thinking? On the other, though, I am glad I waited. I needed distance from the Devlin situation. You know when you don't have anyone to blame (or hate) in a book and it's still messed up? That.

Amelia accepted a new commission in an isolated small town called Asher Falls. She needs distance and piece from everything and this
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Definitely my favorite in the series!

I loved how Amelia is brought into a new setting and learns of her past while figuring out her future. Will it be Devlin or Thane?

Will she even make it out of Asher Falls?

Anzu The Great Destroyer
“Asher Falls. Welcome to our kingdom, Amelia Gray.”

Long story short
Amelia Gray gets a new commission in Asher Falls, a town full of mysterious people and a secret that will change her life forever.

My thoughts
I absolutely loved The Restorer, book one of the Graveyard Queen series, and I had to know what happens next. That’s why I started The Kingdom right after I finished it. I don’t know if this was a mistake or not, but I did not enjoy The Kingdom one bit.

My problems with The Kingdom are
Shelley
May 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-releases
*Review*

The Kingdom (Graveyard Queen #2) finds Amelia Gray accepting new job restoring Thorngate cemetery in Asher Falls, South Carolina. This comes nearly a month after the events of The Restorer where she was nearly a victim of a serial killer and broke every rule in avoiding ghosts at all costs.

Asher Falls is a town that is secluded and reachable only by ferry. The town’s people are a six pack short of a case and there is tension as well as a feeling of foreboding from the moment Amelia hits
MISS VAIN
Sep 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Never Acknowledge the Dead, Never stray far from hallowed ground, Never associate with the haunted, and never tempt fate.

The Kingdom begins a few months after the events that occurred in The Restorer. She has left Devlin behind, in the hopes of finally obeying her fathers wishes. She quickly emerges herself into her work to forget about the lovely and captivating Devlin. She has been hired to restore a cemetery in Asher Falls, and soon discovers that this town comes with ore secrets than Carte
Jen Davis
Jan 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was nothing like I expected it to be and yet it manages to advance the Graveyard Queen series in a way that maintains the tone and answers some of the questions set up in The Restorer. It has elements of horror. It has danger. It, of course, has ghosts. But what it doesn't have... is John Devlin. But I'll get back to that in a minute.

It's been a few months since the events of the last book and Amelia has accepted a new job in a new town called Asher Falls. She has been trying to keep h
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.5 Stars

Asher Falls is officially one of the creepiest towns I’ve ever read about. There was a ghostly quality to it and it seemed the entire town might even be in on whatever mystic presence is there. Is it because of the graveyard at the bottom of the lake or the weird presence felt in the forest I’m not sure. But as places go I don’t think I’d ever visit.

The connection to Amelia and her past was….well I’m not sure how to put it without giving away the story but for me it teetered on far out
Beatriz
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excelente continuación de la serie, aunque debo reconocer que no me impactó tanto como “La Restauradora”; no logró mantenerme en ese estado de tensión permanente como la primera novela.

Sin embargo, también se caracteriza por tener un ritmo muy ágil, con escenas sumamente sobrecogedoras y donde cada pieza encaja perfectamente al llegar a las últimas páginas, lo que se agradece, ya que esta entrega está dedicada precisamente a desvelar uno de los misterios del primer libro: por qué Amelia tiene el
Pamela / SpazP
Apr 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Originally posted at WickedLilPixie Reviews
(spoiler free)
I would dare say The Kingdom is damn near perfection. I was already eager to read it, but never in my wildest dreams did I anticipate such an amazingly intense and spooky ride. The imagery Amanda Stevens creates right from the first scene starts the incredibly haunting tone of the book, and it never lets up or runs out of steam - it just keeps plowing ahead. Her narration and descriptions are so colorful and vivid. The characters so deep a
Olga
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Después de leer la restauradora , esperaba más de esta segunda parte donde se descubren los secretos de Amelia... Pero la verdad es que esperaba más intriga, más suspense y menos recuerdos a Devlin ya que la " historia de amor " con el , no es para recordarla ( como hace Amelia)!

Amelia me sigue resultando un personaje inmaduro , débil y que solo parece vivir con miedo cuando por su vida debería ser un personaje fuerte, decidido y con voluntad...
Los dos únicos personajes que se han salvado de la
Cisz Strasters
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wat een enorm goede auteur! Net als je denkt dat je alles weet, weet ze je weer compleet te verrassen. Sterk verhaal, goed uitgevoerd, met een goede doordachte verhaallijn. Fantastisch hoe ze het bovennatuurlijk zo normaal weet te maken voor de hoofdpersoon. Normaal en tegelijke tijd iets waar ze niet met anderen over kan praten. Ik ben fan!!
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: March 27, 2012
Publisher: Harelquin
Imprint: Mira
Author’s Website: http://www.amandastevens.com/
My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 2, The Graveyard Queen
Series Best Read In Order: Probably, but might work well as a standalone.
Steam Level: Steamy

I should probably start this review off with how much I adore this series. The Restorer is the first book I ever rated as 5-Stars
Mara
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2

I really wanted the heroine to be a stronger, more rational woman :). I realised I was irritated with her for scaring me and herself silly while I was reading the maze scene. :)

I thought she was a silly twit, and at the same time I was awed by the author's talent in dragging me so much in to the story I was irked when the MC wasn't doing what I thought she should do. Err... Ok, I'm sounding madder than I am. I swear I don't usually talk to ghosts... characters.

Some cliché, but I found them
  • Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4)
  • The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law, #2)
  • Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #4)
  • Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4)
  • The Stubborn Dead (Lost Souls #1)
  • Summoning the Night (Arcadia Bell, #2)
  • The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
  • Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4)
  • Moonglow (Darkest London, #2)
  • House of Shadows (House of Shadows #1)
Amanda Stevens is the award-winning author of over fifty novels, including the modern gothic series, The Graveyard Queen. Her books have been described as eerie and atmospheric, “a new take on the classic ghost story.” Born and raised in the rural south, she now resides in Houston, Texas, where she enjoys binge-watching, bike riding and the occasional Horror Night with friends.

The Graveyard Queen

Graveyard Queen (6 books)
  • The Restorer (Graveyard Queen #1)
  • The Prophet (Graveyard Queen, #3)
  • The Visitor (Graveyard Queen, #4)
  • The Sinner (Graveyard Queen, #5)
  • The Awakening (Graveyard Queen #6)
“I’ve heard people say that the hardest thing in the world is to live with someone you don’t love. But I’ve always thought it would be far more difficult to live with someone who doesn’t love you.” 21 likes
“I think some weirdo with a little red wagon is the last thing you need to be worried about in these hills” 6 likes