Start by marking “Happiness the Mindful Way” as Want to Read:
Happiness the Mindful Way

Happiness the Mindful Way

Happiness: The Mindful Way is a practical step-by-step guide to help focus the mind, improve performance, and be happy.

This easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide is filled with infographics and questionnaires, making the road to happiness an enjoyable, personal journey. Discover how breathing techniques, body scanning, and simple meditation can help you be in the present mome
Published December 1st 2015 by DK

To ask other readers questions about Happiness the Mindful Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happiness the Mindful Way

Jennifer Kirkwood (Levac)
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to learn how to be more mindful in everyday life and work towards happiness. I have been working on being more mindful each and everyday, looking for positives and learning to become less stressed in daily life. This is a great guide for beginners and intermediates. The exercises in this book are explained really well and have crisp clean diagrams to help you visualize what the author is asking you to do. Learn how to be more mindful in communication with others, in everyday ...more
Yen Lian
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-growth
This is a very good handbook for someone who wants to start practicing mindfulness and incorporate that into their lives. It offers a comprehensive guide and a step by step method in learning to be mindful and applying it daily. I've practiced some of the methods given and so far it has been useful and applicable.

I love the later section in the book which provided ways to practice mindfulness and applying it in life's situation like learning a subject, facing exams, dealing with crisis, teaching
Nic  Grosan
Oct 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirit
Practical and simple guide to mindfulness...
Colleen Stinchcombe
Dec 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Easy to follow, nice pictures, simple explanations. A nice overview of mindfulness with practical techniques. My only critique -- and this is something many mindfulness books do -- is it never quite touches the dark stuff, like acknowledging that mistakes are going to happen, or that you're not always going to be perfect at it, and that even if you're mindful and kind and doing everything "right", you still may upset people. By not acknowledging these things, it's tempting to think that if you p ...more
GONZA
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Probably the best book on the Mindfulness for absolute beginners that I have read recently. Very easy to read, with lots of tips to apply "here and now" and various possible solutions to traumatic events that can happen in our lives.

Probabilmente il miglior libro sulla Mindfulness per absolute beginners che io abbia letto recentemente. Chiarissimo, con moltissimi suggerimenti da applicare "qui ed ora" e varie e possibili soluzioni ad eventi traumatici che possono capitare nella nostra vita.

THANK
Lucy
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly mind blowing!

I gave this five star because it's so helpful, it's like a Mindfulness Bible! It's something you can come back to again and again, I actually borrowed this from the library and I really think it's the best one I've read so far! It's very clear, it's uses visual aids, it's colourful and thorough. Love it!
Josephine
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each section allows you to learn skills and move along your path to mindfulness without feeling overwhelmed. The diagrams and pictures break up the text so you're not trying to absorb too much at once. It's practical, and simple.
Stephanie
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been dabbling in mindfulness for a little while now but it didn't seem to work with me. However, this book is brilliant. It has much more information on mindfulness, its origins, how it helps and what it can do for you. Just the sort of book that inspires me to keep going with mindfulness.
It has a selection of classic meditations laid out in an easy to follow format and also 3 different programmes you can follow to build your meditation gradually - this was a real eye opener for me, that I
Aitchd
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
To begin with, I found the book to be fairly inspiring, but this fizzled out somewhat as it went on and focused on specific experiences such as taking exams and being interviewed etc. It started to cover a lot of breadth, but superficially. I do think, however, that it would serve well as an initial introduction for studying mindfulness. In my case, I’d already studied the subject for a while.
Evelyn
Like all of the DK books that I've been reading lately, this one offers a thorough and easy to follow introduction to the subject matter of Mindfulness, and covers all the areas of interest that I was keen to learn more about and then some! An excellent reference for your self-help bookshelf, and one that's enjoyable to dip in and out of.
Teo
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was better than I expected, honestly. I'm a beginner when it comes to meditation and mindfulness stuff, and this met me right where I was at. I read a page each night before bed and it took me about four months to get through it. Now that I'm finished, I need to do better about applying it!
Joyce
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: psychology
Cheerful explanation of how mindfulness works the DK way. Simple introduction.
Kirstin Korinko
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
great tips!
Adelia
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I read this book almost every night before bed and sometimes first thing I do when I wake up, and it's totally changed my life. I'm not embarrassed to admit I have mental health slip ups, like everyone does, and this book has a gentle tone and provides solid assistance and tactics to dealing with a racing mind. I love this book so much! Read it
Diane B
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The kind of book you can randomly open to any page for inspiration and contemplation. I very much appreciate the practical approach.
Luanne Ollivier
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, we're a few weeks into 2017 already. Did you make some New Year's Resolutions? I prefer to think of it as changes I would like to implement over the coming year. My changes involve both mind and body. To that end, DK Canada has some great books to help you make some positive changes this year!

Mindfulness is a subject that I've heard much about and have been meaning to investigate and I've decided that now is the time. Happiness the Mindful Way: A Practical Guide seemed like a good book to
Daron
What a beautiful, breezy, but thorough introduction to mindfulness. I love that it goes beyond breath awareness and offers a variety of exercises related to ordinary senses and perceptions. It has one of the most concise and relevant brain science summaries that I've come across. I plan to draw from it in future classes and workshops. I also really like the thought-provoking self-assessment questionnaires to assist you in exploring various practical aspects of self-awareness.

You'll find a varie
Justin
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book, for free, in exchange for an honest review.

Most mindfulness books are pretty interchangeable. There will be a few exercises, like following your breath, and a discussion on how to practice that repeats hints you can find in most other mindfulness books.

This book doesn't escape that pattern. However, unlike many other books it contains all the popular practices in one place (there aren't that many popular practices, maybe a half dozen). It also has more of information on h
Tina Buster
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, non-fiction
*Thanks to Penguin Group for granting me access to a digital review copy through Edelweiss.*

There have been several good books published about mindfulness and meditation in the past couple of years. When I came across this DK book, I figured they were jumping on the bandwagon, and I did not have high hopes for it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is well-researched, thorough, and engaging. I liked it very much!
TrudyAn
Apr 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I see this book as a guide for the person absolutely new to the concept of mindful living. It could be used as a starting point to help focus one's further exploration of the various topics, but don't expect any in-depth coverage here. The book is overloaded with infographics and thought bubbles to help explain concepts, a presentation format I found very distracting.
Linda Hallberg
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Överlägset den bästa boken om Mindfullness som jag har läst. Den är lättläst, lätt tillgänglig och bara helt bra. Ska man bara ha en bok om mindfulness och med övningar så ska man ha denna.
Ria F
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meh.... is it wrong to say there are a few people I know that I wish would read this book though?
Felicia
I used this with my therapy clients to break mindfulness practice down in a different way. It had good reminders for my own mindfulness practices as well.
Olivia
Jan 03, 2019
Vanessa Beck
Jun 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Buddha's Book of Stress Reduction: Finding Serenity and Peace with Mindfulness Meditation
  • Happy Pretty Messy: Cultivating Beauty and Bravery When Life Gets Tough
  • Inside the Now: Meditations on Time
  • Mindful Aging: Embracing Your Life After 50 to Find Fulfillment, Purpose, and Joy
  • Secular Buddhism: Imagining the Dharma in an Uncertain World
  • I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service and Faith
  • The Force of Kindness: Change Your Life with Love & Compassion
  • Sweeping Changes:  Discovering the Joy of Zen in Everyday Tasks
  • The Path To Awakening: How Buddhism's Seven Points of Mind Training Can Lead You to a Life of Enlightenment and Happiness
  • Don't Waste Your Life Study Guide
  • That Which You Are Seeking Is Causing You to Seek
  • The Buddhist Path to Simplicity: Spiritual Practice in Everyday Life
  • Quarks, Chaos & Christianity: Questions to Science And Religion
  • Mindfulness for Dummies
  • Mindfulness Living in the Moment - Living in the Breath
  • Bringing the Gospel Home: Witnessing to Family Members, Close Friends, and Others Who Know You Well
  • Zen Prayers For Repairing Your Life