Start by marking “The Witches of BlackBrook” as Want to Read:
The Witches of BlackBrook

The Witches of BlackBrook

(Witches of BlackBrook #1)

Through space and time, sisters entwined. Lost then found, souls remain bound.

Three sisters escape the Salem witch trials when the eldest casts a spell that hurtles their souls forward through time. After centuries separated, fate has finally reunited them in the present day.

One the healer, one the teacher, and one the deceiver.

Will their reunion return their full powers,
Published June 23rd 2015 by Amber Leaf Publishing

Hillary
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
wow what a ending to a great book . if i could give it more then five stars i would . i love the whole story of this book but how it ended was the best . i have not read any books by the author before but i am going to be reading all the books by her i can . i can't wait to read the next 2 books in the series . i have to wait till my library gets the books ordered . i hope that it does not take a long time to get the books at my library .because i want to see how the series ends with the next 2 ...more
Abbie
Jul 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
*Sigh* I'm not sure where all of these 4 and 5 star ratings are coming from. I bought this book because it was $0.99, the cover looked fantastic and I've honestly never read a book about witches that I didn't enjoy. I guess there's a first for everything.

I don't know where to begin. The dialogue felt forced and awkward. This was especially true of the villain. (I had bought the audio version as well and the narration of the villain was laughable.) None of the characters seemed to have their own
Emmy
Jun 04, 2017 marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
I got to 20%, but the dialogue was stiff and awkward and I had a feeling it wasn't going to get much better so decided not to waste my time.
Missie
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of The Witches of BlackBrook to review and really chose it because of its awesome cover I want that dress so bad! I am glad that I choose to review it, I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would.

Likes:

I loved the whole span of time in the books. The sisters were crushed to be separated and have to find each other through series of lives. They grew up in Salem during the heat of the witch trials. Even though they tried to help people, they still are seen as harmful.

M
Holly
*I received a copy of this from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.
Review can also be found on The Fox's Hideaway.

My Review!
Any time there is a story about witches, I NEED to read it! Add a pretty cover on top of that, and I’m basically sold. While I did enjoy this book, there was something about it that was just...lacking. It was told in 3rd person and switched a few POVs throughout so it was a little hard to connect to the characters, but I liked them! I just didn’t feel as if
Vivien
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, reviewed
Thank you Xpresso Book Tours for this book! Unfortunately, I DNF'd this book (I put it on the DNF shelf, if you didn't see.)

When I first saw the blurb for this book, I was really excited. I was really excited because the book includes/mentions the Salem witch trials. I LOVE the Salem trials. It was probably the most interesting topic in the Social Studies curriculum, along with WW2: The Holocaust. It [witch trials] had so much drama, hype, tension, and false accusations!

Sure, this book has a lot
Shanna
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
$0.99 on Amazon Kindle so I decided not to pass it by. The plot lacked depth in my opinion. I made the mistake of getting the Audible version as well and the narrator was on my last nerve.....periods are there for a reason Ms. Narrator. I felt the characters were also uninteresting. The book had potential, but fell flat.
Allison ☾
Beautiful cover. Good concept. Poor execution. Awkward dialogue. Choppy plot.

I flew through this but only because I just wanted to read it and move on. Not a bad story but it didn't click for me personally!
Deserthomemaker
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
3.5 stars. The story was pretty good, but not one that I think will stay with me. Thankfully, instead of relying on a cliffhanger, the story reaches a conclusion while still leaving an opening for further story development.
Analee (Book Snacks)
Note: I received a free digital copy of this book thanks to Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.

I found this book to be quite unique and very enjoyable, filled with suspense, Wiccan magic, and much more.

Quick Summary

Trin and her sister Kit has been looking for their youngest sister ever since they’ve been thrown forward into time by a spell cast by Trin. But something is blocking Trin from finding her, and everyone’s souls are in danger if she doesn’t find out how to defeat it. W
Nada Sobhi

The Witches of BlackBrook by Tish Thawer is the first instalment in the Witches of BlackBrook series; however, it is does not have an open-ending.
Quick-paced and easy to navigate, the story is about three witches: Karina, Kara and Kenna, who lived in the late 1600's, when magic was practiced freely. Mischief befalls the three, when a woman tricks the elder sister, claiming her baby is ill. After that, Karina is accused of killing the baby and being the devil's daughter. She is sentenced to burn
Lu Cas
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: never-again

Since I can remember I’ve been obsessed with witches, every time someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up my answer was A WITCH!, by the time I was 12 I had read everything I could about witches books, witches in real life and finally had my first contact with the Wicca religion and I was in love.

Growing up a catholic, going to a catholic school for girls it was hard to wrap my head around a lot of this stuff but I was hooked and the more I read about it the more I wanted to be a wit
Shelby (shelbyymay)
I'm so gutted that this book wasn't better. I adored the cover, and the story concept isn't half bad. However, sadly this didnt deliver.

The plot of the story is that in the late 17th century 3 sibling witches escape the Salem trials through the eldest of the three, Karina/Trin, casting a spell that hurtles them through time - but not together. Every century they endeavour to find each other, however up until present time, only 2 of the 3 sisters have been able to reunite. In the 21st century, th
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I received this book from Xpresso Reads in return for a fair and honest review.

This is an enjoyable and entertaining tale told in the present time but with flashbacks to Salem. It is smoothly linked and always done with a reason, not simply gratuitous. With lots of intrigue and suspense to keep you turning the pages, this is a story that is an easy read with plenty of references made to Wicca and the correspondences to various flowers and crystals etc.

I enjoyed this story and didn't find any edi
Anne Monteith
This is one of those books where you keep thinking one more chapter and then I'll stop for the night and the next thing you know the book is over and you're both happy and sad. I started this book about 2am and finished it at 4:22am. I though that since it was after 3 and it was officially now March 7, I could buy book 2 and continue this wonderful series, but alas I must wait a few more hours. (Guess I'll try to get some sleep).

I LOVED this story; the quick trips back to the late 17th century b
Charity (On My Kindle BR)
I bought this book from the author at Penned Con 2016 and decided to review it.

Initially, the plot begins with a story that most people who have practiced the Craft know all too well: a person who was well-versed in medicinal herbs helped out her neighbors for a nominal fee, one of the townspeople she helped (or a friend of the townsperson she helped) went to the authorities and accused her of witchcraft, the person was "tried," usually found guilty of witchcraft, and was summarily executed.

At f
BookLoversLife
When, in 1693, Karina was tried as a witch, she created a spell that launched her soul and the souls of her 2 sisters forward in time, but unbeknownst to her, a powerful demon got caught in the spell and was brought with them. This demon knows that if the sisters find each other again, they will become too powerful, so every generation it works against them to keep them apart. This generation though, Karina is known as Trin, and along with the sister she always finds, they search for the lost on ...more
Michelle
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
This book was so good I read it in one day. Have you ever watched Charmed? Well it’s not like that but you get a “Charmed” feel when you read this book. I adore the show and I absolutely adored this book. Everything about this book had me reading and I couldn’t put it down.

This book is hard to review since I don’t want to give anything away. I loved this story, I loved the sisters and I loved the romance. The story is told by Trin, that’s her name in this life but she is the older witch sister K
Lori
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
4 stars - based on the story not on the narration

Quick, entertaining and interesting magical paranormal story.

The story is told between the past and present. Really liked the "past" parts of the story.

While the story was entertaining and enjoyable it was pretty east to figure out who the deceiver in the trio was. Although there are a few twists in the story you don't see coming.

While Michelle Marie has a pleasant voice she needs to slow down, it sounds like she is rushing through the narration
Sarah Pepper
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was my second book by Thawer and am falling more in love with this author! I'd never read a novel about witches, much less a fantastic time hop one. time hops can get REALLY confusing but Thawer did an excellent job of making everything clear. what I loved most about this novel were the twists. I totes didnt see some of them coming and it totally made the book. I definitely recommend this book to fantasy lovers!
Katelynn
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-ebooks, fantasy
A very cute Wicca fantasy-romance thay kept me entertained during this evening's flight delays. With some interesting historical plays and classic magic, even though some of the choices and characters were obscure or a little confusing I still really enjoyed this book.
Lusie
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lost-2019
I picked up this book because it is about withes. I felt a bit disappointed about this book. I thought the characters lacked depth and the story went too much between the past and the present.
Yara CO
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT

This book has been brilliantly researched (unless the author is an actual Wiccan witch herself). As an eclectic witch myself, i an delighted to finally see Witchcraft and Wicca perfectly depicted in this book. Or as perfect as it gets taking into account that there are supernatural and fantastical elements to it.
I have never been more pleased with a fictional book about Paganism and Witchcraft and the love for family through the ages. Thank you for respectfully covering the
Nicole (taleswithnicole)
3.5/5 Stars

Aside from the handful of editing issues, I really enjoyed this Witch story!
The writing was a little awkward at times but I loved the characters and the originality of the story. I plan on continuing with the series.
Andrea
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I could not put this book down!
Kalli M.G.
Huge thanks to Xpresso Book Tours for giving me my own ecopy of this book in return for a honest review!

This is an interesting concept that really caught my eye. It does help that I am interested in books related to witches (yeah, yeah, I'm sure you guys have heard this from me a lot by now) and I liked that it involves three sisters fated to be together again in the future after their deaths at the Salem witch trials.

Now the girls have been reborn in the present US. They have been reborn in ma
Skylar
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I gotta say I thought this book had a good idea behind it. However the first sentence immediately turned me off. It opens with a girl being burned at the stake during the Salem witch trials. NO-ONE was burned at the stake in Salem. I really dislike when research isn’t done into actual historic events such as the Salem witch trials. If you are going to reference a true moment in history it should be accurate.
The moment wouldn’t have lost anything by being a hanging (which is accurate) rather tha
Christy Wilson
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book received for free from Xpresso in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

The Witches of BlackBrook tells the story of Trin and her sister Kit, and alternates between current times, all the way back to the days of the Salem Witch Trials and between. Trin and Kit were separated from their youngest sister in the 1690s, whenever Trin (then Karina) is being burned at the stake for being a witch. The three are indeed witches. In orde
Kahea

The whole topic of the Salem witch trials is something that has always interested me. I’m no scholar when it comes to what happened, but I always find myself watching documentaries or checking out books that touch on the subject so it’s no surprise that this one caught my eye. The blurb coupled with the cover had me requesting it, as well as getting the opportunity to experience an author that I’d never read before. So when it was finally sent to me I was excited to dive into the world, but I no
H.R. Savage
This book was very different for me. After requesting a review copy from Xpresso Book Tours, I kind of thought to myself “What have you gotten yourself into?”. Not in a necessarily bad way, because that is one heck of a synopsis. But it was the fear of trying something new.

Tish Thawer’s WITCHES OF BLACKBROOK was intriguing from the beginning. I’m a huge fan of the paranormal novels (obviously, since I’m writing in that genre), but something about her teasers scared me a bit. So once I cracked op
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jul 01, 2016 12:18PM
  • Revelations (The Lalassu, #1)
  • Her Knight's Quest (Warriors of the Mist, #2)
  • The Gallery of Wonders (Magora #1)
  • Dreams of Perfection (Dreams Come True, #1)
  • The Sundering (The Swarm Trilogy, #3)
  • Broken Gates (The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy #2)
  • A Charming Fatality (Magical Cures Mystery #7)
  • Pressed to Death (Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum #2)
  • Awaken
  • Fear Familiar (Fear Familiar #1)
  • Beneath An Ivy Moon (Legacy Of Magick, #4)
  • Make Mine A Marine
  • Date with the Dead (Ripsters, #1)
  • The Art of Letting Go (Uni Files #1)
  • Hereafter (Reaper, #2)
  • Time's Echo
  • Krymzyn (The Journals of Krymzyn, #1)
  • Of Light and Darkness (Of Light and Darkness #1)
#1 Bestseller in Historical Fiction
Top 100 Bestselling in Paid Kindle Store
Best Cover Award Winner
Readers’ Choice Award Winner
Best Sci-fi Fantasy Novel Winner

Author Tish Thawer writes paranormal romances for all ages. From her first paranormal cartoon, Isis, to the Twilight phenomenon, myth, magic, and superpowers have always held a special place in her heart.

Best known for her Witches of BlackBro

Witches of BlackBrook (3 books)
  • The Daughters of Maine (Witches of BlackBrook, #2)
  • The Sisters of Salem (Witches of BlackBrook #3)
“We are the granddaughters of the witches you weren't able to burn.” 174 likes