Start by marking “Covered Glory” as Want to Read:
Covered Glory

Covered Glory

In 1 Corinthians 11, the Apostle Paul provides important instructions about two symbolic practices within Christianity. The most well-known of these practices is the Lord's Supper, found in the second half of 1 Corinthians 11.

In the first half of the same chapter, Paul teaches about the relationships between God and His people. He explains that these relationships – as we
Published March 11th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Covered Glory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Covered Glory

Start your review of Covered Glory
Tiffany
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is a condensed version that gets directly to the crux of the matter concerning women of the Christian faith covering their heads. Not just a historical study, but one that you can read quickly and decide for yourself: is this a privilege and practice I will accept, or will I disregard history and scripture? If you want to delve deeper, read the in-depth study found in this author's previous book. Just please understand this: once you read either of his books, there is a decision to be ...more
Emily
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent read! I thought that it read quickly, but keep in mind it is informative, and not a novel. I love both novels and informative books, but I thought I would point that out so that you would know what to expect. He provides a lot of links/footnotes for the information that he gives in this book. This book will make you think. You will have to make a decision when you finish this book.

The topic of head coverings is such an uncomfortable passage to read in this day and time, yet
Whitney
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm rating this book like I try to rate all of them - without regard for whether or not I agree with it. I get that this is more of a pamphlet and not intended to be an in depth study. Phillips hits the high points of the major arguments for and against the modern head covering, but honestly the brevity hurts him because you simply cannot face an issue that has as much history and debate surrounding it as the head-covering does that quickly and it not come across as if you're casually dismissing ...more
Brina
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eine kurze, prägnante und biblisch fundierte Auslegung von 1. Korinther 11. Sehr verständlich und gut nachzuvollziehen und sehr nah am Text orientiert, ohne eigene Interpretationen einfließen zu lassen (wie es bei diesem kontroversen Thema schnell passieren kann). Für mich ein guter Einstieg in die Thematik. Am Ende stellt sich die Frage: Wie reagiere ich darauf? Was bedeutet das für mein persönliches (Glaubens-)leben?
Silvia Preston
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting

I did not know the reason for head covering. Very interesting content. I have seen women at my church wearing a head cover, even some young girls, but did not know for sure the reason behind it.
Auntie B
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Learning tool

Very Insightful, a helpful learning tool for those who are searching for a stronger relationship with our God.
I would highly recommend this book to those who find the lord talking to their heart about this. Thank you so much for this insight.
Abigail
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: religion
This is a very brief overview of the srguments for women covering their heads in worship. This is a good resource if you are just beginning the study of this subject but if you've already gone in depth, this book isn't as useful.
Wendy Sparkes
A simple, clear and short study from 1 Corinthians 11 for those wanting to know about head-covering in the church.

Jack Richardson
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Head Coverings

I don’t know if I’m solid on the idea but I have to say this was a very well organized book on the topic and was extremely helpful in examining the position.
This book was solid and biblical. This is a passage I have read quite a bit and have struggled with myself. I felt like the author did a great job showing this from just the bible without human ideas getting in the way.

I still don't wear a headcovering because the authority in my life (my Dad) does not wish me to. Since this is a supposed to be a sign of submission, I have to pass on it for now. However, it is an issue I will revisit when and if I get married.
Frans Kempe
Mar 28, 2015 rated it liked it
A short look on the challenging scripture place 1 Cor 11. Discusses what a headcovering is and what it could mean both in the scripture and what christian tradition and scholars have thought. A small part of a longer study.
Nicholas Alsop
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Scripturally based

Clearly presents the facts in a very concise manner. It is quite convicting. I recommend it for study and consideration.
Carina
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Pretty good. Short and to the point.
Arctic Flamingo
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sheds some interesting light and interpretations on a controversial verse.
Brittany Finney
« previous 1 3 next »

• Head Covering: A Forgotten Christian Practice for Modern Times
  • The Headcovering
  • Covered and Uncovered: Finding Relevance in Discarded Symbols
  • The Great Pretender: The Undercover Mission That Changed Our Understanding of Madness
  • CompTIA Network+ N10-006 Practice Test Questions (Get Certified Get Ahead)
  • Amish Trust: Amish Romance (Amish Bed & Breakfast Book 1)
  • The Road to Jonestown: Jim Jones and Peoples Temple
  • The Wish (The Amish of Cedar Grove #1)
  • An Amish Wedding Feast on Ice Mountain (Ice Mountain #6)
  • Stasiland: Stories from Behind the Berlin Wall
  • Homespun: Amish and Mennonite Women in Their Own Words
  • The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins
  • The Kingdom That Turned the World Upside Down
  • Unveiled: The Hidden Lives of Nuns
  • I Can Make You Thin
  • The Path of Daggers (The Wheel of Time, #8)
  • Short-Straw Bride (Archer Brothers, #1)
  • Prayer Veils and Coverings: Answers For the Non-Amish Woman

News & Interviews

“As Christ submits to God and is yet equal in value, so the wife submits to the husband and is equal in value.” 0 likes
“Similar to baptism and the Lord's Supper, the headcovering symbolism is intended to outwardly reflect an internal belief.” 0 likes